Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

i found this. you can use this smile.gif

http://gtaiv-skins.b...eds-part-1.html

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

U say why?-I say goodbye!!!

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (temhanoire @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 15:57)
i found this. you can use this smile.gif

http://gtaiv-skins.b...eds-part-1.html

Thx.Nice find temhanoire-very usefull for my project
New video very soon(in HD)New pics of central island soon.

temhanoire
  • temhanoire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

we waiting new video and screns excitedly:)

Rowan007
  • Rowan007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Waiting for new video please make one!!!!!!

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 13 March 2013 - 07:36 PM.

New screens:central island user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
And something new MAFIA 2 CHINATOWN on RAGE :

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Like i said over skype, great work. icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Nice work. I guess your doing Lost Heaven and Empire Bay? Is it the same map? I wonder if they would both fit in the map bounds. But also, hope this will have the maps as a "if you can see it you can go there" map if you catch my drift.

Anyways once I get a new copy of EFLC, and fix the mess with the EFLC launcher that IV SA Beta 3 left in my registry, I'll port the build of the mod I have if you need/want it. Then it should be easy to upgrade to the new one.

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Very cool mod. Low poly, but I like the idea! Also classic stuff, just my thing! But wouldn't a newer Mafia map have been better with more quality? Keep it up, looks promising.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by nkjellman, 14 March 2013 - 09:06 PM.

QUOTE (Intensified @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 22:10)
Very cool mod. Low poly, but I like the idea! Also classic stuff, just my thing! But wouldn't a newer Mafia map have been better with more quality? Keep it up, looks promising.

Well, Mafia 2 map on Rage looks plain compared to the way it looked in Mafia 2 for many reasons.

-Rage is older than the Mafia 2 engine. It isn't as graphically enhanced. Mafia 2's engine is using newer tech.
-In that video, not all Rage resources have been implemented.
-Rage can't handle generating the amazing 3d grass that Mafia 2 generates. (It is possible, but GTA IV would lag.)
-Timecyc lacks the color that Mafia 2 has. (Mafia 2's atmosphere is potrayed more like what the lighting looks like in New York, unlike GTA IV, where the style of life that the protagonist lives affects Planet Earth's atmosphere. JK.)
-Besides timecyc, the display settings could be adjusted. (Default display settings don't look right to me, even on the normal game. I put my brightness up about 7/10, contrast at about 3/10 and saturation at about 9/10. Makes everything look more natural and less washed out. Its probably one reason why when I post a screen I get people messaging me saying that my game simply just looks better and what I did.)

In my eyes, I only see a few reasons for porting Mafia 2's map to Rage.
-It would be cool to see it with Lost Heaven on the same map. (believe me, this is a huge reason to go for it.)
-IV has more gameplay possibilities than Mafia 2. (motorcycles, boats, helicopters, planes, sniping [I think this was only in DLC], rocket launchers, swimming, parachutes [EFLC only], ect)

Other than those reasons, Mafia 2's map (by it self with no Lost Heaven) would be silly on Rage. Mafia 2 has better graphics, and gets a much higher and more steady FPS rate compared to GTA IV due to better optimization.

Edit: I wonder what Liberty City would look like on Mafia 2's engine.

Rage Team_old
  • Rage Team_old

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Only Weak PC's will lag and no RAGE can do this everything that mafia 2 has can be done.

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 14 March 2013 - 06:33 PM.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 19:59)
Like i said over skype, great work. icon14.gif

Thx
Nice work. I guess your doing Lost Heaven and Empire Bay? Is it the same map? I wonder if they would both fit in the map bounds. But also, hope this will have the maps as a "if you can see it you can go there" map if you catch my drift.

Anyways once I get a new copy of EFLC, and fix the mess with the EFLC launcher that IV SA Beta 3 left in my registry, I'll port the build of the mod I have if you need/want it. Then it should be easy to upgrade to the new one.

Im thinking abou impire bay map converting,impire and lost heaven are different and both cant be paced in one map (lost heaven 6000x6000,and impire bay 6000x6000)only how in eflc/

Unfortunatly I cant make hd all map?its unpossible for one person,waste of time and affort?at this moment I can only offer a good converting of this map.Thx
Well, Mafia 2 map on Rage looks plain compared to the way it looked in Mafia 2 for many reasons.

-Rage is older than the Mafia 2 engine. It isn't as graphically enhanced. Mafia 2's engine is using newer tech.
-In that video, not all Rage resources have been implemented.
-Rage can't handle generating the amazing 3d grass that Mafia 2 generates. (It is possible, but GTA IV would lag.)
-Timecyc lacks the color that Mafia 2 has. (Mafia 2's atmosphere is potrayed more like what the lighting looks like in New York, unlike GTA IV, where the style of life that the protagonist lives affects Planet Earth's atmosphere. JK.)
-Besides timecyc, the display settings could be adjusted. (Default display settings don't look right to me, even on the normal game. I put my brightness up about 7/10, contrast at about 3/10 and saturation at about 9/10. Makes everything look more natural and less washed out. Its probably one reason why when I post a screen I get people messaging me saying that my game simply just looks better and what I did.)

In my eyes, I only see a few reasons for porting Mafia 2's map to Rage.
-It would be cool to see it with Lost Heaven on the same map. (believe me, this is a huge reason to go for it.)
-IV has more gameplay possibilities than Mafia 2. (motorcycles, boats, helicopters, planes, sniping [I think this was only in DLC], rocket launchers, swimming, parachutes [EFLC only], ect)

Other than those reasons, Mafia 2's map (by it self with no Lost Heaven) would be silly on Rage. Mafia 2 has better graphics, and gets a much higher and more steady FPS rate compared to GTA IV due to better optimization.

At first, it was not the idea of ​​comparing the city in one engine to another,I just wanted to convert a beautiful well-built city ?with gta ivs level of detail to rage.The main plus of this converts is gta 4s possibylities(that players will be doing anything in the city compared with mafia 2s limited possibilities,ow u had sayed)importantly, after converting this city can be easily extract and convert to anywhere even in gta v

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Great. Sucks though that Empire Bay and Lost Heaven won't fit together in IV's map bounds. Guess that will have to wait till ether GTA V PC is out and moddable, or someone hacks IV's map bounds.

But I guess you want to do Empire Bay and Lost Heaven in separate TC's for GTA IV, but together in a pack for EFLC? Hope you include the DLC map updates in Empire Bay. But I guess your not going to do the 1940's Winter Empire Bay, just the 1950's Summer Empire Bay. If you do EFLC separate from Lost Heaven you could do that.

Mega.
  • Mega.

Part Time Cannibal, Part Time Businessman

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 18:06)
Guess that will have to wait till ether GTA V PC is out and moddable, or someone hacks IV's map bounds.

We didn't even hack IV's map bounds since we managed to mod it (like, 4 years ago) until today, what you think V's gonna take? tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 21:26)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 18:06)
Guess that will have to wait till ether GTA V PC is out and moddable, or someone hacks IV's map bounds.

We didn't even hack IV's map bounds since we managed to mod it (like, 4 years ago) until today, what you think V's gonna take? tounge.gif

V's map bounds won't need to be hacked. The map is obviously much bigger, and at some point when V map modding is possible, I believe that both Mafia maps will fit.

AnalSaturday
  • AnalSaturday

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven

YEAH!!! colgate.gif
Rage

oh confused.gif
just kidding, this is looking great. It's amazing how those angular low poly models and old textures from 14 years ago look so modern on Rage.

Blade3562
  • Blade3562

Resident Mopar Nut

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Love this idea never played Mafia, but Mafia 2 was my favorite game of all time, but there was no free roam after you beat the game! So dissapointing! Can't wait for this.

And where on earth is that Hornet mod from?!?! We used to have a 52 with the Twin H!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Blade3562 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 16:50)
Love this idea never played Mafia, but Mafia 2 was my favorite game of all time, but there was no free roam after you beat the game! So dissapointing! Can't wait for this.

And where on earth is that Hornet mod from?!?! We used to have a 52 with the Twin H!

About the Hornet I guess it's this one (model by Solo): http://www.lcpdfr.co...n-hornet-coupe/

Revell
  • Revell

Valiant Thor

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Very nice, are you going to put in airplanes in this?
Based on what we see here:

It would be a great experience to fly a plane in this mod biggrin.gif unlike in SA Rage..

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Mafia rage screens today

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

Looks nice.

I bet Empire Bay is harder to port to Rage from Mafia 2. Due to dynamic loading maps (for mission interiors, they got to be activated) and having both the Winter 1945 Empire Bay and the Summer 1951 Empire Bay.

But I'm wondering, how does Mafia 2 load the Winter map vs the Summer map? Are they two separate maps, or is it a texture/material/model part switching thing? I know that the mission interiors will have to load always on Rage, and you won't be able to do the in game season switching unless you use EFLC, one game winter, one summer.

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:45 AM Edited by Alber2gt, 24 March 2013 - 08:48 AM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 08:17)
Looks nice.

I bet Empire Bay is harder to port to Rage from Mafia 2. Due to dynamic loading maps (for mission interiors, they got to be activated) and having both the Winter 1945 Empire Bay and the Summer 1951 Empire Bay.

But I'm wondering, how does Mafia 2 load the Winter map vs the Summer map? Are they two separate maps, or is it a texture/material/model part switching thing? I know that the mission interiors will have to load always on Rage, and you won't be able to do the in game season switching unless you use EFLC, one game winter, one summer.

The winter and summer empire is the same map(in winter version map uses winter ground textures and adding snow models to roofs and to ground)If summer map will be coverted I can fastly add models and replace winter textures for winter map(and timecyc)
progress map mafia 1:user posted image

mafia 2:
user posted image
  • Deadly Target likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by nkjellman, 27 March 2013 - 06:50 AM.

QUOTE (Alber2gt @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 08:45)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 08:17)
Looks nice.

The winter and summer empire is the same map(in winter version map uses winter ground textures and adding snow models to roofs and to ground)If summer map will be coverted I can fastly add models and replace winter textures for winter map(and timecyc)
progress map mafia 1:user posted image

mafia 2:
user posted image

It also changes collision material too. Changing to Winter Empire Bay will use the similer method that Ghostown and IV SA uses for texture packs, which is the img at the top of the images.txt. Ofcourse it will also require some things from the snow mod as well, also a different timecyc.

I hope to get EFLC back this week. I'm on Spring Break so I'll convert the latest build of Lost Heaven I got to EFLC TLAD.

Edit: But I still can't wait till Lost Heaven is ported. I don't like Mafia 1 for PC because:
-Controls are f*cked up. Can't make my controller work right. (Sure hope console version isn't like it.)
-Have to run the game in Window mode for it to work.
-No map. Just a bunch of f*cking dots.
-Very bad start for the Story Line. The cab mission is a bitch because I don't have a map.
-Bad Graphics (mods can fix that). I know the game is old, but when I compare it to III, VC, and SA, its unacceptable.

Mafia 1 is like Sleeping Dogs. An example of what a bad (3d) GTA game would look like. At least it isn't as bad as Sleeping Dogs. Don't even get me started on Sleeping Dogs. Mafia 2 on the other hand, that is amazing. I hope to see a mod like this for Mafia 2. But I think I'll enjoy this mod on GTA IV a lot.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Mafia 1 does have a map, just hold Tab. And the console version is a complete disaster with cut content and humongous load times.
Anyway, any update?

Leone Sentinel
  • Leone Sentinel

Radio Espantoso!

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by Leone Sentinel, 28 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

^ Only the PS2 version of Mafia has long loading times. The Xbox version doesn't. Also the only thing cut from the console versions was Free Ride Extreme which was replaced with a racing mode. Also, the console versions added a map to the radar and a map of the city by pressing Select or the Xbox equivalent. Play or at least watch a playthrough of the console versions on Youtube before you make assumptions.

zdzich981
  • zdzich981

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Any update ? mod live ? colgate.gif

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Mod dead.

Revell
  • Revell

Valiant Thor

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Albert, are you still working on this project maybe?

Vojta
  • Vojta

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

Still working?

Revell
  • Revell

Valiant Thor

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Guys the mod apparently isn't dead. Albert had problems with his PC and he will hopefully release a Beta soon.

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

I like to say that mod isnt dead and now is in development.Wait for the new screens,new info about progress and beta soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users