Mafia:The city of Lost Heaven Rage

286 replies to this topic
Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

This mod looks good for a conversion, looking forward to it.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 21:02)
QUOTE (Chirsto)
I have converted Bully to IV
Could you PM me the download link?

Same here. smile.gif

(i asked last year over msn but you wouldn't, i can't remember why though)

Mega
  • Mega

YOU`RE OUT OF TOOOOOOOOOOUCH

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 18:19)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 21:02)
Could you PM me the download link?

Same. smile.gif

(i asked last year over msn but you wouldn't, i can't remember why though)

Well i always wanted to see Bullworth and the cities on RAGE, so yeah, me too tounge.gif

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

U say why?-I say goodbye!!!

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:33 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 09 August 2012 - 09:40 PM.

New screens:user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
Converted bigger part of country and chinatown,but without homes-only for now,homes later,knowly bugs alpha textures.

EDIT: Sorry,who wanted to join the teanm or are waiting files from me -all tomorrow,I hope,sorry.
Car on the screen-is Bolt model A Tudor Coupe 1929

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:59 PM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 09 August 2012 - 10:01 PM.

Looks good so far!
It's interesting that the model doesn't look so bad - as I said, RAGE alone can make it look better - the cars in IVSA also look better than in SA due to RAGE.
It's not just models and textures that constitute graphics - anyone who has seen things like Crysis models imported to Gmod can see that they look raw and nowhere near as good as in the actual game.
However, a more detailed one would look even better!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:02 PM Edited by nkjellman, 09 August 2012 - 10:07 PM.

After I finish helping with the EFLC port of Ghostown, I could help you guys port this to EFLC if you like.

PS: It would be cool if you had Empire Bay as well. I don't know if it would fit in though as Empire Bay is much higher poly.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Nice job man, keep going ! biggrin.gif icon14.gif

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (hristobg @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 20:46)
Sorry for bitching here, but when I tried to post Bully's map to RAGE, noone from the crew allowed me to. This game was published by 2K I think, right? In my case it was even better - it was created by Rockstar. However, I would of be banned maybe if I tried to post a topic

A few weeks ago, tons of people were linking Rockstar to total conversions like SA-to-IV and IV-to-SA and they just kept replying 'cool' and 'nice'. If Rockstar doesn't have any problems with it, the moderators shouldn't either.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Can we see some sunny weather? looks great!

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 00:21)
Sorry for bitching here, but when I tried to post Bully's map to RAGE, noone from the crew allowed me to. This game was published by 2K I think, right? In my case it was even better - it was created by Rockstar. However, I would of be banned maybe if I tried to post a topic

A few weeks ago, tons of people were linking Rockstar to total conversions like SA-to-IV and IV-to-SA and they just kept replying 'cool' and 'nice'. If Rockstar doesn't have any problems with it, the moderators shouldn't either.

I agree with you hristo, I don't know why Bully would matter. i would be 'sad' if the mods locked this, but it seem they turned a blind eye, Cool.

Alber, good work.

I remember playing this game very long ago, so amazing was it at the time, Mafia II was almost as good. I'm waiting for 3. biggrin.gif
This game artwork is just awesome.

user posted image

user posted image

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Looks good icon14.gif you're in your own element tounge.gif
On those open areas you should make dense forest later and put some rocks..

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

That would be a good idea.

Anyways, I got Mafia 1 off of pirate bay. I hate the driving controls. I like to play with a controller. I bet its a good game, but so far I like Mafia 2 better. I'd rather explore the map in Rage.

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

any videos yet?

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

Looks brilliant. Will it have normal map as well? I don't really care for specular map, since that just gives reflection to the road, which in my opinion makes no sense.
I can't wait to drive on the countryside biggrin.gif

Vito Mohebi
  • Vito Mohebi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Awesome! you didn't know how much happy it made me to see Mafia The City of Lost Heaven on the Rage Engine smile.gif too bad you didn't put the mafia 2 map on rage. Anyway, if you need a beta tester i would gladly help you. icon14.gif

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:21 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 10 August 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Thanks for good comments for all!!
Vito Mohebi-for beta testing now is too early-not converted 80-90% of map.When will be time for beta testing I will invite u.

EDIT: Now is converting all litle Italy

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 23:51)
QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 00:21)

I agree with you hristo, I don't know why Bully would matter. i would be 'sad' if the mods locked this, but it seem they turned a blind eye, Cool.

Alber, good work.

I remember playing this game very long ago, so amazing was it at the time, Mafia II was almost as good. I'm waiting for 3. biggrin.gif
This game artwork is just awesome.

Not trying to offend the mods.

But I think most of them are just incredibly paranoid, or on a "powertrip" (well, as much as you can get from a online video game forum) I'm pretty much positive most companies wouldn't sue, let alone sue the forum! They'd probably just make you take whatever offended them down.

Ontopic: Awesome mod! Great progress, should be awesome to play. I always loved the countryside on Mafia and this should be awesome! How do the original Mafia cars react to IV's damage?

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:13 PM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 10 August 2012 - 10:19 PM.

I'm just wondering: Mafia wasn't as open as GTA, so many places were designed only to render from the way you could see them, as you would have never got behind anyway. Will all the impassable barriers and invisible walls be removed, and the one-side buildings fixed?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 22:13)
I'm just wondering: Mafia wasn't as open as GTA, so many places were designed only to render from the way you could see them, as you would have never got behind anyway. Will all the impassable barriers and invisible walls be removed, and the one-side buildings fixed?

I'm sure they will be. I bet col is done based on the models, not the cols. Like when you port a map from a III era GTA to IV, the stairs have col thats shaped like the model, not the slanted plane.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Fair enough then, it's all gonna be covered under remodelling.
Perhaps also some tweaks due to GTA's island nature, but then again there are no helicopters here (yet to be invented!).

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:44 PM Edited by nkjellman, 13 August 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Any progress?

Also I didn't get a DB invite.

Edit: Because this is set when their are no Helicopters, do you think you may replace them with planes, or add planes?

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Nice, but need to change timecyc or something like that because it looks too grey.

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

*First-Progress is big-screens today,
*Second-Planes will be have its place(replace all hellis)
*Third-All weather files will be replaced next.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Are you still going to post those screens?

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yep,today,later, or about 30 minuts,I need to fix some bugs,If u want to see good screens.
Wait a surprise!

solom
  • solom

^_^

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

I like this mod.
Maybe in the future you do a missions. It will be great.

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:02 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 17 August 2012 - 08:02 AM.

Screens: user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Nice man !
Also, a question, what you do exactly ? You have a .max file of Mafia map or ?
I will be glad to help you after 3RC. smile.gif

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:09 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 16 August 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Screens next:[ URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/gtaiv2012081700010460.jpg/]user posted image[/URL] user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
EDIT: is converted all south island-land-100%,and 45% of work quarter area homes,also small part of little italy homes including Salieri,s bar(I think in screens is lod, in original is more detalized) and Luca,s garage,all soust island country etc....More information and screens soon.
EDIT: Garju67-yes but not all,homes is necesasary ripp with 3ds ripper dx etc..This map is very difficult for convertying because has more problems.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Holy moly, I couldn't even remember that there was a tunnel. This is gonna be awesome once it comes out, I can explore that city again biggrin.gif

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Very nice... That reminds me, maybe some 1930's motorcycles (with sidecars and all) can be added to the mod just so there are any and still fit the theme?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users