[WIP] IV: Our Ugly World

867 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 15:13)
Interesting. That plate seems to have Niagara Falls in the upper left. This could of been a idea for the game when they were designing LC. It would be cool if they had the country side with Niagara Falls. If they made LC lower, they could have room to add it north of the city. It would of been neat. The game could of had planes too.

Maybe. I remember reading somewhere that GTA 4 originally had Liberty State in it, rather than just the Liberty City. Oh, the fun of pre-release information!

@Ash_735 - Spring/Summer 2012

SkylineGTRFreak You made a model of the sears tower? Think you can post some pics, if that's alright?

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

Update on Will Bauer

user posted image

Quick paintover just to show how he'll look.

And for the lowpoly, I've just done his head

user posted image

Texture handpainted from Photoshop, detail will be made later (it's 3 AM in my place).
And don't worry about those 1 million polys. It just the highpoly model i use when retopo-ing the model, my laptop lags like hell with it.
The lowpoly one is under 1k.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Well depending on where you're are basing this state, here's some visual references on Licence Plates for the 2011/2012 year:

Michigan
http://www.plateshac...12proudamer.jpg
http://ford-life.com...cense-plate.jpg
http://www.plateshac...gan2/mi2012.jpg

New York
http://www.plateshac...ork2/ny2011.jpg
http://upload.wikime...cense_Plate.jpg

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

He will probably use an Illinois license plate.
user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 16:16)
Well depending on where you're are basing this state, here's some visual references on Licence Plates for the 2011/2012 year:

Michigan
http://www.plateshac...12proudamer.jpg
http://ford-life.com...cense-plate.jpg
http://www.plateshac...gan2/mi2012.jpg

New York
http://www.plateshac...ork2/ny2011.jpg
http://upload.wikime...cense_Plate.jpg

Thanks amigo, I'll probably try to parody this license plate, considering the fact that Carcer City is located in Liberty State, along Lake Erie

@nkjellman - Why would I use Illinois plates if Carcer City's in Liberty State? Is everybody on the road out-of-towners?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Well, I figured that if its mostly based on Chicago, you would use an Illinois one. However I forgot that Rockstar stated that Carcer City is in Liberty State.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 16:32)
Well, I figured that if its mostly based on Chicago, you would use an Illinois one. However I forgot that Rockstar stated that Carcer City is in Liberty State.

I'm guessing that Carcer's in Liberty State, given that they're described as being "close" to each other. And the whole city isn't based on Chicago, just part of it. Considering your logic, we would have to make a custom license plate based on the New York, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Maryland plates!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 21:36)

I'm guessing that Carcer's in Liberty State, given that they're described as being "close" to each other. And the whole city isn't based on Chicago, just part of it. Considering your logic, we would have to make a custom license plate based on the New York, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Maryland plates!

If you say so.
I will say though, IV didn't have a New Jersey License Plate for Alderny. Alderny is not part of Liberty State. Its in a different state from Algonquin, Bohan, Broker, and Dukes.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

acclimate

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:39 PM Edited by Coat., 13 August 2012 - 09:46 PM.

@coat - Don't worry, amigo, there's already an ambient station. It's called "aura fm" and one of their songs is on the soundtrack sampler for the beta

That's fine. Perhaps, instead of the Scottish female host for Aurua Fm, you can think of my Alan Monroe character- I could voice act him.

PM me if interested and we can start.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 16:38)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 21:36)

If you say so.
I will say though, IV didn't have a New Jersey License Plate for Alderny. Alderny is not part of Liberty State. Its in a different state from Algonquin, Bohan, Broker, and Dukes.

Perhaps Rockstar didn't want to waste time on designing plates for Alderney, a seperate police dispatch for Alderney, seperate Police Cars for Alderney, etc.

@Coat. - I'll definently consider it! Add me on skype: "universetwisters", and I'll introduce you to the team.

And kinda on/off topic, I saw signs like these all over the place at work, so I thought about sharing them with you: guess who's running for congress? XD

user posted image

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:00 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 13 August 2012 - 10:09 PM.

Well, I guess Carcer City will be a city with many bridges, so how about a plate that includes in the back of the numbers, or in the bellow part, the silhouette of Carcer skyline, with the skyscrapers, and one of two a bridges, each one to one side, with the skyscraper between them -sorry for the bad description, my English level sometimes makes things difficult, if you want I could try making a drawing;)
For the rest of the plate, I think something like Michigan or NY plate would be nice, maybe Michigan better for variating from LC plates.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 17:00)
Well, I guess Carcer City will be a city with many bridges, so how about a plate that includes in the back of the numbers, or in the bellow part, the silhouette of Carcer skyline, with the skyscrapers, and one of two a bridges, each one to one side, with the skyscraper between them -sorry for the bad description, my English level sometimes makes things difficult, if you want I could try making a drawing;)
For the rest of the plate, I think something like Michigan or NY plate would be nice, maybe Michigan better for variating from LC plates.

No problem amigo, we're just using the Liberty State plates

Steff R
  • Steff R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Guys I've just realised the last time I used MAX I had a PC, is there anything I can get for modelling that'll run under OSX? I noticed AutoCAD does but I've never used it and don't want to waste my time if it can't export to .MAX or .3DS.

Thanks!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Steff R @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 18:30)
Guys I've just realised the last time I used MAX I had a PC, is there anything I can get for modelling that'll run under OSX? I noticed AutoCAD does but I've never used it and don't want to waste my time if it can't export to .MAX or .3DS.

Thanks!

Here's a list of all the mac-compatible autodesk products. I'm sure you can pirate yourself some, given nobody has $5,000 lol.gif

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

It's looking good guys. Stuff like changing taxi decals is simple, but adds so much to making the city feel right. the main character looks to be coming along nicely, can't wait to see more.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Hallgarth @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 18:48)
It's looking good guys. Stuff like changing taxi decals is simple, but adds so much to making the city feel right. the main character looks to be coming along nicely, can't wait to see more.

Right, taxis are a big part of many cities, and Carcer City shouldn't be an exception! Nice to hear you're happy with the taxi, and hopefully you'll be happy with our upcoming Kuruma taxi wink.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

Update: Multiplayer!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Nice icon14.gif
It's IV:MP or GFWL ? Also, i think it need more details but it's still WIP, i know you guys will add them biggrin.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 19:49)
Nice icon14.gif
It's IV:MP or GFWL ? Also, i think it need more details but it's still WIP, i know you guys will add them biggrin.gif

GFWL, from what I could pick up tounge.gif . And it's definitely a WIP, but it'll come along wink.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 02:54)
Nice  icon14.gif

GFWL, from what I could pick up tounge.gif . And it's definitely a WIP, but it'll come along wink.gif

Oh, that even more better ! icon14.gif
Blaster helped you guys ? I hope he can do the same for 3RC. tounge.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 19:57)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 02:54)
Nice  icon14.gif

Oh, that even more better ! icon14.gif
Blaster helped you guys ? I hope he can do the same for 3RC. tounge.gif

He's helping, but he hasn't helped yet. We were just testing the terrain and seeing how good it was, but we'll see if he can help for the beta smile.gif

ShakingTheASS
  • ShakingTheASS

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Ya i am back on site and i am on team no fuzz about me being back it wasn't fair for ban.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:05 AM Edited by nkjellman, 14 August 2012 - 02:07 AM.

Looks good, but the terrain looks a little rough. It doesn't look natural in my oppinion.

But I guess you guys want my help with porting this to EFLC when you get further along?

ShakingTheASS
  • ShakingTheASS

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 02:05)
Looks good, but the terrain looks a little rough. It doesn't look natural in my oppinion.

We will work it out it's all Alpha you might see my modeling soon later on i am not done with my house that be used for player and such.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (ShakingTheASS @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 02:06)

We will work it out it's all Alpha you might see my modeling soon later on i am not done with my house that be used for player and such.

Sounds great. I can tell there is a lot planned for this mod.

Edit: Just noticed you already have it on EFLC. lol. Later, maybe I can help organize it like IV:SA so its easy to keep it up to date.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 21:07)

Right there is, amigo. Amazing what you can accomplish in about a week with a team this good?

ShakingTheASS
  • ShakingTheASS

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 02:09)

Right there is, amigo. Amazing what you can accomplish in about a week with a team this good?

Yup we are working hard.
@nkjellman
Remember it's my Xbox 360 EFLC timecyc mod for IV.I told you that on facebook.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (ShakingTheASS @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 21:12)

Yup we are working hard.
@nkjellman
Remember it's my Xbox 360 EFLC timecyc mod for IV.I told you that on facebook.

Damn straight, 100% custom content, none of this "converting" lol.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:15 AM Edited by nkjellman, 14 August 2012 - 02:18 AM.

I know. Looks good for only a week.

Anyways because your basing this off of a few cities, I got an idea for the map. Three islands. They are each based off of a city. The downtown area is on each island for that city, but their next to each other so they connect to make one city. Which means the downtown has rivers running through it. One island looks like Chicago, one looks like Detroit, and I'm not sure what the third city is based off of. But I'd recommend trying to get the Chicago and Detroit parts on the edge of the map so they face out into the water. What do you think?

Edit: @ShakingTheAss: Ok. I didn't recognize TBoGT from the timecyc, I recognized it from the hud.

Edit: Are you guys using IV LC textures? Anyways, keep in mind that the land is very flat around the rust belt cities. Detroit, Chicago, ect all have very flat terrain.

ShakingTheASS
  • ShakingTheASS

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 02:15)

I know. Looks good for only a week.

Anyways because your basing this off of a few cities, I got an idea for the map. Three islands. They are each based off of a city. The downtown area is on each island for that city, but their next to each other so they connect to make one city. Which means the downtown has rivers running through it. One island looks like Chicago, one looks like Detroit, and I'm not sure what the third city is based off of. But I'd recommend trying to get the Chicago and Detroit parts on the edge of the map so they face out into the water. What do you think?

Edit: @ShakingTheAss: Ok. I didn't recognize TBoGT from the timecyc, I recognized it from the hud.

It's my Max Payne 3 Conversion to IV aswell.
We have a plan already.
We gonna have textures at 1024 x 1024 and 2048 x 2048 all HD and good gameplay won't spoil it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users