[WIP] IV: Our Ugly World

867 replies to this topic
GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 07:04)
Dear future modders,

1. Don't announce things before you're well in development. (In other words: don't get people's hopes up for something that never really materializes)
2. Try to stick with one thing and see it through.
3. If you're starting to think you'll quit, make it clear as soon as you get the thoughts of canceling it instead of posting dev blogs and making regular updates saying progress is good.
4. Have the common courtesy to announce when the mod is canceled instead of having others post for you days after you call it quits behind-the-scenes.

Thanks,
People in the community who are tired of things like this happening.

Yep, agreed on all points even thought i broke them myself a few times colgate.gif

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I am surprised that I am surprised I at I thought this mod would never materialize anyway It seems an original total conversion for GTA will never happen.
So evryone work on GTA London 1969 RAGE tounge.gif

TripleAs
  • TripleAs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Well, it's a shame really, i was watching this hmm
not the kind of post i usually make but... guys, why don't you just finish the map at least?
there was some progress being made that looked pretty cool
instead of wanting to do everything you had planned, why don't you just go on with everything you already have? it probably won't be as great as you wanted it to be at first but heck, gtaforums is just infested with lazy ass conversions, stupid f*cks who just keep getting every old gta city into IV/eflc/somesh*t it's boring, and it's the same as playing the same game a thousand times, i know it's cool because "oh yes fancy graphics yay" and "i LVOE THIS CITY IT'S AMAZING". Something original for once and you guys just scrap it?
makes no f*cking sense to me
specially because, *cheesy part* I haven't seen Frankk finish not even one of the mods he's been part of, and man, that guy has f*cking potential and is hardworking and actually bothered to learn how to model/texture in gta style/script/etc, which most of you conversion assholes won't do. it sucks. and it's pathetic, and for once and for all, just stop with the "oh yeah, HD EVERTYHING" because its pityful.
there are some exceptions which i think make sense, say, vcs pc mod... it makes sense, why? because it's bringing a game rockstar never ported to pc. so yeah, i see a point. also, the team who is making that mod is made out of people who know what they're doing. don't recruit stupid potheads who can only do texture work, that's not good by any means. a *good* modder is somebody who actually takes the time to learn and doesn't just do what will get him/her more praise comments from people.

well, that was just my two cents about it

tl;dr: keep going with the map of this mod at least, it seemed original and fun which is what gtaf mdoding forumns are lackign today. converting stuff to iv sucks, it's not creattive by any form, it doesn't "add" anyhthing to the game, live with it.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Pretty much all what was made was a sewer and a street as far as I know.

TripleAs
  • TripleAs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Wednesday, Oct 24 2012, 19:18)

still a hell lot better than the same old cities on a new engine

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (TripleAs @ Wednesday, Oct 24 2012, 17:30)

agreed. and to adress your rant, ill get into making custom, original cities when im ready. Just because OUW is dead, that doesnt mean that my thought process is smile.gif be on the lookout in the near future, as ill return when i know what im doing

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 02:24)

agreed. and to adress your rant, ill get into making custom, original cities when im ready. Just because OUW is dead, that doesnt mean that my thought process is smile.gif be on the lookout in the near future, as ill return when i know what im doing

Just don't make a thread until you have your mind set on it and you have progress to show... because it will just end like this.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

As a general question:

Are you planning to release Will Bauer as a player model? That's the least you could do.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Saturday, Oct 27 2012, 12:52)
As a general question:

Are you planning to release Will Bauer as a player model? That's the least you could do.

I'll see what I can do. It would be a shame to see 69_black's work go to waste smile.gif

Steff R
  • Steff R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:07 AM Edited by Steff R, 28 October 2012 - 02:15 AM.

Guy's I'm sorry I've not been on here I've started a new job and it's 40 hours of training each week for 8 weeks plus my 4 days in college so I'm f*cked, it's education, work, sleep and repeat right now!

Edit: read the previous page, oh wells.

Zom-B
  • Zom-B

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Wait, it's cancelled? What a waste of time!

Is there a list of files you managed to put together compared to the plan? Anything we can see as a record of progress?

I'm about out of hope for GTA mod teams. I haven't seen a truly complete mod since GTA:LC for Vice City all those years ago. What a shame.

Chris_lolwut
  • Chris_lolwut

RIMSRIMSGUNSGUNS

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

To bad you also pulled the plug on the wiki man.. People might have been intrested in that

Mega
  • Mega

And remember: respect is EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Sebianoti @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 18:15)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 02:24)

Just don't make a thread until you have your mind set on it and you have progress to show... because it will just end like this.

We had progress to show, there were progress pics on the Skype chat AND you got many pics from Frank on this topic. The only problem is that there's not enough people to help us (i think).

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Things I never understood. Almost EVERY f*cking map mod is immediately posted in the SHowroom section. What does it say? COMPLETED or NEAR FINISHED MODS and not: post your mod here, even if you don't have anything, just to get more attention. This was not the case with this mod, some things had be done, but far away from being near completed etc. It just annoys me that really every map mod shows immediately up in this section and not the IV Era map section/III Era map section.

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:34 PM Edited by MegaMario1500, 01 November 2012 - 10:35 PM.

It's not to get attention, it's to get feedback and constructive comments so the final product will make everyone happy. (and there's a reason this was WIP, Frank and UniverseTwisters needed help, and they got it, but it wasn't enough)

Alright, you guys want Will Bauer? I managed to do a ped version of him!

Pictures

Download Link

Have fun with him! smile.gif

(Files replace Roman but obviously you can rename them to any other ped)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Chris_lolwut @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 12:36)
To bad you also pulled the plug on the wiki man.. People might have been intrested in that

Every wikkii is down, something with the server.

Anyway, like I said, sorry for the waste of time, and thanks megamario, like the signature, in a rather morbid sense! happy.gif

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 20:09)

Anyway, like I said, sorry for the waste of time, and thanks megamario, like the signature, in a rather morbid sense! happy.gif

Haha, glad you liked it! tounge.gif (even though i might retry it)

Did you like that ped version of Will, UniverseTwisters?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 18:21)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 20:09)

Haha, glad you liked it! tounge.gif (even though i might retry it)

Did you like that ped version of Will, UniverseTwisters?

Very swell, at least something came out of this mod. Now we can have our own east german gun runner in LC!

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

where can i download cityscape universetwisters?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Ask stilldre what version he uses. icon14.gif He's made so many maps with it that he probably knows the best version + any problems with specific versions + where to download it.

nikobellico69
  • nikobellico69

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

hi there, if someone have a link for gta 4 civil police cruiser to sa just send me a mensage please

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (nikobellico69 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:21)
hi there, if someone have a link for gta 4 civil police cruiser to sa just send me a mensage please

Never, ever, ever in my life have I ever seen a statement as irrelevant as this. You could've made a thread for this, but instead, you ask here, in a map thread that's been dead for almost a year?

Friggin wow.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 23:40)

Never, ever, ever in my life have I ever seen a statement as irrelevant as this. You could've made a thread for this, but instead, you ask here, in a map thread that's been dead for almost a year?

Friggin wow.

Don't you said you rebooted the project ? Don't tell me its already re-cancelled lol.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:52)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 23:40)

Friggin wow.

Don't you said you rebooted the project ? Don't tell me its already re-cancelled lol.

Yeah, it's been rebooted, I just haven't announced anything on it yet, seeing as the only thing we've got done were some buildings. And even then, we'd probably make a whole new thread.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Okay, got it.

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

Wow, I never thought I'd get a reply notification from this thread ever again. Weird how stuff on the internet remains long after it's collected dust. lol.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Hallgarth @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:56)
Wow, I never thought I'd get a reply notification from this thread ever again. Weird how stuff on the internet remains long after it's collected dust. lol.gif

Yeah, likewise! If only stickdeath were to come back

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 00:40)

Friggin wow.

Get used to it. Some people feel more liberated than others

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users