Photo

Tsk Tsk Tsk...

12 replies to this topic
Allout4GTA
  • Allout4GTA

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

I tried the demo of Chinatown Wars on my IPod Touch and what a disappointment that was. It's like GTA I and II. They took a huge step back with this game. And besides, who's 18+ and still plays Nintendo DS? I quit when I was 10.

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Allout4GTA @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 06:59)
And besides, who's 18+ and still plays Nintendo DS? I quit when I was 10.

You can get it for PSP you know.

I thought it was a good game for the PSP, but it was a step down. They had to make it that way or else the DS wouldn't be able to run it.

On the side, they did take it a step up. Such a drug dealing, and ordering weapons through the in-game internet.

Hopefully GTA V can take some of the features it had, except the top-down veiw of course. Maybe as an option if anything...

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 19:48)

I thought it was a good game for the PSP, but it was a step down. They had to make it that way or else the DS wouldn't be able to run it.

On the side, they did take it a step up. Such a drug dealing, and ordering weapons through the in-game internet.

Hopefully GTA V can take some of the features it had, except the top-down veiw of course. Maybe as an option if anything...

Lol maybe they should not of made it at all. Nobody asked for it, and they should of learned after releasing the dookie stain GTA Advance lol.

Allout4GTA
  • Allout4GTA

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 14:38)

Lol maybe they should not of made it at all. Nobody asked for it, and they should of learned after releasing the dookie stain GTA Advance lol.

Yeah. They could have spent the time making GTA V or something. I don't think many people like this game anyways. confused.gif

HeliPilot
  • HeliPilot

GTAIII Mobile Mods

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Allout4GTA @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 13:51)

Yeah. They could have spent the time making GTA V or something. I don't think many people like this game anyways. confused.gif

Yea, no one enjoyed the great storyline, massive amount of side quests, drug dealing. Just because it has a 2.5D view with great physics and very alive feeling GTAIV Liberty City map in you pocket. Can't believe it was rated so high by critics and pro gamers(sarcasm).

CTW is the perfect example of what makes a great GTA title. smile.gif

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (Allout4GTA @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 00:59)
I tried the demo of Chinatown Wars on my IPod Touch and what a disappointment that was. It's like GTA I and II. They took a huge step back with this game. And besides, who's 18+ and still plays Nintendo DS? I quit when I was 10.

I don't have one now, but I was 23 when I bought my DS.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

I've never tried or even bothered myself with Chinatown Wars. I never really cared for the "pure" handheld GTA games (GTA Advanced too). They don't really have much to do with the main storyline.

kid23455
  • kid23455

Typical Amerifat

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

Meh, I didn't mind the top-down view so much as the very shallow gunplay.

The most enjoyment I got out of the game was the drug-dealing aspect. That was crazy fun.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:36 PM Edited by zoo3891, 09 December 2012 - 11:38 PM.

I think the point of chinatown wars was to try to bring innovation to the series. It's not as fun as the 3D GTAs, but it was certainly fun for a DS game.

The Nintendo DS hasn't been out for eight years hadn't been out for eight years at the time of your post. Besides, the sentiment that touchscreen gaming is casual gamers and children is just silly. Fun in gaming depends on the player, not the console.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

The Sound of Silence

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (HeliPilot @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 03:44)
Yea, no one enjoyed the great storyline, massive amount of side quests, drug dealing. Just because it has a 2.5D view with great physics and very alive feeling GTAIV Liberty City map in you pocket. Can't believe it was rated so high by critics and pro gamers(sarcasm).

What a splendid explanation icon14.gif .

Yea so most of the players dislike the game just because the 2.5D view, They only looked at the cover of the book and not the contents.

zeeshanaayan07
  • zeeshanaayan07

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I love police mobile

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (zeeshanaayan07 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 15:31)
I love police mobile

Thanks for bumping an old topic with nothing contributive.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (HeliPilot @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 03:44)
QUOTE (Allout4GTA @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 13:51)

Yea I can understand the hate on the perspective, but I wish the other gtas had as much depth. I still am eyeing this for when it gets cheaper on psn. All the side stuff sounds great. Plus its a mini hd era LC on the go. Who can hate that?

Plus, ALL handheld gtas have suffered, that's a given.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users