Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which character should have been a friend?

33 replies to this topic
cettefemme
  • cettefemme

I summer in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

I was just thinking back to the missions with 'Bernie Crane' and while he's a complete sassy gay guy stereotype, his character made me laugh and I enjoyed the 'have fun with Bernie' mission (SUCH a HUGE surprise when it turned into an actual mission with a purpose tounge.gif )...it might have been fun to have him as a friend in the way that Little Jacob, Packie, etc are. Would he have been an even more flamboyant drunk? Could Rockstar North have put in a little eye candy for the ladies with Niko reluctantly going with Bernie to a male strip club? sly.gif

Is there anyone else that you think would've been fun to learn more about/get wasted with? I would've liked for Niko to be able to hang out with a non-girlfriend woman, but seeing as every girl seems to find him irresistible sigh.gif it would've had to be Mallorie, maybe?

What do you think? My first playthrough was a speedy one in order to get the LCM trophy (I thought I would barely make it, but then I got to like 12 hours and finished the game tounge.gif ) but I kind of enjoyed the way that friends were implemented smile.gif Except maybe Dwayne. I understood his problems and his woe and all that, but oh my god, when I was going for the (5) trophy and he complained about every activity and constantly called me all 'hey man, did you just call me?' DAMN IT, DWAYNE, NO suicidal.gif

EDIT: Ok, way more emoticons than I intended. Sorry!

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Ain't got no sun tan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

In the beta, Phil Bell and Bernie and someone else were going to be able to take on friend activities. Anyway, I'd like Bernie to be a friend and same with Phil. I think Phil becomes your friend like Dwayne was in the Holland Play if you spare him. Because in the beta version, in the mission where you kill Ray Boccino, it was originally a choice. I also think Mallorie should be a friend. And if you were going to call Bernie, then I don't know if the activity "Strip Club" would be on there or not lol.gif .

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Although you only see him in the side mission, I would've really liked to be friends with Hossan. They seemed to be really good friends on the ship and it would've been interesting to do activities with him and hear them talk about their lives.

uramet
  • uramet

Opportunist Theif

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

enjoithepain beat me to it.

Hossan is ace and him and Nico seem to have a great raport in the side mission. Nico seems to connect with him more than anyone else even Roman, maybe because they spent time on the ship and arrived together don't know.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Bernie, Phil and Hossan would all have made great friends.

I wonder what their special abilities would have been though?

Phil - Protection/backup (from him or from mobsters).
Bernie - Bryce's Infernus obviously, maybe his mansion?
Hossan - Cheap merchandise.

dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

If you spare Derrick, I think they'd get along quite well considering how experienced they are in life.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

I would've loved to hang out with Badman. Despite his heavy dialect he seemed really cool.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

Elizabeta would of been awesome or malory as a girlfriend. (Sure, romans dating her, but they have an open relationship)

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:30 AM Edited by TheKryptonite, 03 August 2012 - 11:34 AM.

Badman and maybe even Phil, and if he had a bigger role,Gordon.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Bernie really should have been, I didn't like how he just disappeared after you did his missions. Phil Bell as well if only for the Deal ending as he leaves town for the Revenge ending. Badman I think could sometimes have been with Jacob, although I didn't really have too much of a desire to befriend Badman, he seemed a bit...mental.

Now in the Ballad of Gay Tony I am very pissed off that Tony isn't available to be a friend. It's as if he ceases to exist, and considering he's on the best characters I've seen in a GTA game, that's bullsh*t.

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 06:53)
Elizabeta would of been awesome or malory as a girlfriend. (Sure, romans dating her, but they have an open relationship)

:| It's not cool to do someone a blood releative is also doing.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 06:53)

No, that's f*cked up on several different levels. Brothers banging the same girl? Jesus.

Plus you actually think they were in an open-relationship? That was just an excuse Roman used when he found out that Mallorie had been having an affair to hide the fact that he'd been cheated on.

dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't care if she was a pixel, but Mallorie was hot. Really hot.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

Bernie Crane! If Niko liked Ray Boccino... confused.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Bernie Crane - having him and Niko reminisce about the war during conversation.
Badman and Hossan are perfect substory characters, no friendship needed.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Phil Bell would have been awesome but his final missions are right at the end of the game so you wouldn't get much time to hang out. Jon Gravelli and Niko also got on pretty well and would have had an interesting relationship given the age difference but he was hospitalized so that cuts out that.

The one I'd probably have liked most would have been Mallorie. She would have been cool just as a friend and Niko and her could have talked about Roman. We often hear Roman talk about the relationship but we never hear how Mallorie feels about it in depth, could have been interesting.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (dragon_goran_mijo @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 07:35)

Y'know shes actually hot in real-life no joke. colgate.gif OT: i think badman would be the best one in my opinion.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, Aug 5 2012, 05:51)
Phil Bell would have been awesome but his final missions are right at the end of the game so you wouldn't get much time to hang out. Jon Gravelli and Niko also got on pretty well and would have had an interesting relationship given the age difference but he was hospitalized so that cuts out that.

The one I'd probably have liked most would have been Mallorie. She would have been cool just as a friend and Niko and her could have talked about Roman. We often hear Roman talk about the relationship but we never hear how Mallorie feels about it in depth, could have been interesting.

Plus you can't exactly go bowling with a mob boss.

cettefemme
  • cettefemme

I summer in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:27 AM Edited by cettefemme, 17 August 2012 - 12:29 AM.

QUOTE (dragon_goran_mijo @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 21:35)

Ha! I don't know about that, but I thought she was downright lovely...she would've been great to hang out with! And I agree Aceray about hearing things from her perspective would have been cool. I really loved the back stories and opinions that you heard from driving your friends places to hang out. I thought that whole aspect was really well done, aside from the fact that my friends were always still waxing lyrical about life, the universe and everything when I pulled up at the place!

Aceray, I'm getting serious mental imagery of Niko wheeling Gravelli around town in his hospital bed, maybe loading him into the back of a truck or van... biggrin.gif

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

very nice.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (dragon_goran_mijo @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 21:35)

That Puerto Rican chocha. tounge.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

I don't think Mallorie was hot. I preffer Michelle or Gracie Ancelotti

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 13:58)
I don't think Mallorie was hot. I preffer Michelle or Gracie Ancelotti

notify.gif Cida are you bisexual?

Not that there's anything wrong with it at all. lol.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

lzw3 I'm not, I just don't have a problem to find some women hot, but it's not like I would date them tounge2.gif icon14.gif

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

Jee. Wow. Just the oddest conversation above me.

Anyway, it's been said before, but if possible, Bernie, Phil and Hossan could've been fun assets as friends. Bernie could possibly meet Niko at the closet dock or jetty with a Jetmax (maybe as a gift from Bryce), Phil could send out a few mob buddies of his for protection and Hossan could sell Niko cheap clothing or whatever at a certain location. Mallorie could've also been good as well. Maybe not to have a sexual relationship with her, but just hang out as Niko and Mallorie are practically family. Maybe she could provide a discount for clothing stores.

Does anybody else think that Derrick could've been good to have as a friend (if spared)? I could imagine the conversations between Niko and Derrick about their war experiences and troubles out of America. I honestly believe that could be quite interesting to hear about. He could've possibly sold Niko discount heist apparel (ski masks, suits, etc.) or even discount explosives and thrown weapons (RPGs, grenades, molotovs and if the game expanded to C4 or the illustrious PE4). Derrick could've even provided a side mission in which he hires Niko to rid Liberty City of his old enemies from back in the day.

Great topic by the way. icon14.gif

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 04:04)
lzw3 I'm not, I just don't have a problem to find some women hot, but it's not like I would date them tounge2.gif icon14.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

Elizebeta, Hossan, Brian (side mission brian), Mallory, and Phil.

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:22 PM Edited by jlamay, 21 August 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Mallorie and Michelle were really cute girls. They would have been good people for Niko to befriend. I would have rather had Niko hook up with one of them! smile.gif

BOGT: Tony would have been a cool friend to have hung out with! That was disapointing that he wasn't.

Double L.
  • Double L.

I hate Trevor !!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think Dimitri maybe for the begin missions. He's funny man. And the TboGT Yusuf Amir and Mori. That guys ridiculous. I don't want to hang out with Armando and Henrique, i think Luis will be a gay so he everytime hang out with A and H. Daiys and Luis look like with lovers. inlove.gif biggrin.gif

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Clothing dicsounts not, it's aready that craplist girlfriend's reward.
Well, I'll go with everybody, Phil, Bernie, Mallorie and Derrick. In fact, I think it makes more sense for Niko to be friend of Derrick than of Packie. If Gravelli didn't die, was so old and in the hospital, he could be too.
I don't know the rewards, maybe they could be:

-Phil: More powerful helpers (AKs instead of UZIs)
-Bernie: Powerboat Transportation
-Mallorie: I can't think of anything.
-Derrick: Cheaper explosives

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users