Photo

Why no new cities?

90 replies to this topic
JimJones
  • JimJones

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I still don't understand why people keep on naming cities outside of the usa (except London). The next game will be a combination of all cities in one game or a new southern city.

100 + 10 + 1

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Although the cities share the same names, they have been redone completely for each generation. For example, Liberty City changed immensely from GTA III to GTA IV.

jcass10
  • jcass10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Doing Tokyo would be awesome. It's nice to change it up.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Technically, you could say there has not been a new city since GTA 1, which took place in Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas (except for GTA 2's Anywhere City). But of course, you would not compare the PS2-era cities to their top-down PS1 counterparts, would you? For all intents and purposes, GTA IV's Liberty City was a brand new city, because it bared almost no resemblance to GTA III, which was not a direct parody of New York. GTA V is actually the first time I would not consider the city to be brand new. With GTA: SA, Rockstar has already done a direct parody of Los Angeles, and while GTA V's will undoubtedly be far more detailed and much more fleshed out, it will still be closer to the old Los Santos than IV's Liberty City was to III's.

-Aivaras-
  • -Aivaras-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (deanmarcia @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 12:56)
QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 12:51)
I also hope they will do a whole new city once. Or just make one up.

Maybe GTA VI.  smile.gif

But GTA6 will probably be in Vice City sad.gif

I think it's going to be called GTA V:ice city

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (-Aivaras- @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 20:25)
QUOTE (deanmarcia @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 12:56)

Maybe GTA VI.  smile.gif

But GTA6 will probably be in Vice City sad.gif

I think it's going to be called GTA V:ice city

How about GTA Vice?

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

In a round-about sort of way, RockStar have already expanded the GTA Universe beyond the 3 so-called staple cities since 2004.
In the original classic, it was Liberty, Vice & San Andreas based on New York, Miami and San Francisco respectively (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the actual cities...). Now in GTA: San Andreas, RockStar turned what was originally a city into a whole state and introduced two extra cities to us. GTA4 introduced us to Alderney State alongside Liberty City so there is a further expansion right there. Now in this next game, one of the cities introduced to us in San Andreas is now getting its own game and that wasn't even one of the original GTA cities! My point is, there have been new places introduced to us and most of us haven't even noticed!

Still would like to see a new city eventually...they are limiting themselves if they intend to re-hash the same places over and over again but for now I would be very happy to see the 'next-gen' rendition of each staple city before we head off to somewhere new.

My two pence.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

My guess is if they make a new one its a knock of Chicago... 2 cities THAT ARE warm and 2 that aren't as warm

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (deanmarcia @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 12:50)
How come there has not been a new location since San Andreas? Since GTA4 the locations have been recycled. I was disappointed when Liberty City was the location in GTA4 as i wanted a new place and I was equally disappointed when Los Santos was announced as the new location in GTA5. will Rockstar ever make a GTA game in a new city or will they keep re-making?

I liked Los Santos. Liberty City I never really liked. I don't know if it's the NYC feeling or what but it just felt the same as other GTA's. Los Santos is alot better place. The only City I like to see again now is Vice City. Than they could make new cities.

Kyle17
  • Kyle17

The hero Vice City needs, but not the one it wants.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (cherrycola @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 12:59)
Because no other American cities are as iconic to the world as New York and Los Angeles.

What about Seattle or Chicago? Maybe not as iconic as New York or LA, but fairly recognizable & well known in their own way.

GTAboyWonder
  • GTAboyWonder

Die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Here's cities that I want...

Chicago - Many people think Chicago is just a NYC next to a lake, but no. Chicago has more variety and style than NYC. The areas are divided by culture and vibe. Lots of park are in Chicago and also plains, forests, and hills - now that'll be interesting in a GTA game. If many people think the Midwest is boring, than the only great part of it is the Windy City.

Hawaii - Tropical styled, and LOTS of volcanoes, Hawaii would be an AWESOME location. And it'll be logical to be an island, right? Hawaii is also a very nice place with beaches and lots of jungles. The culture is so rich.

Vice City - MUUUUSSSSTTTT RRREEEETTTTTUUUUURRRRNNNNNNN!!!!1111

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

i think there will be a new city in future GTA's

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

They could always use Carcer City.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

Liberty City is overused while SA is underused. After V there needs to be a new city and pronto

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

I really hope that they do not go back to Liberty City till maybe ps5 and xbox 1080.

MERCYOVTHEDEVIL
  • MERCYOVTHEDEVIL

Makaveli Trained

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:23 AM Edited by MERCYOVTHEDEVIL, 03 August 2012 - 04:43 AM.

Maybe GTA VI.  smile.gif

Read my signature..

QUOTE (GTAboyWonder @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 02:29)
Many people think Chicago is just a NYC next to a lake, but no. Chicago has more variety and style than NYC. The areas are divided by culture and vibe. Lots of park are in Chicago and also plains, forests, and hills - now that'll be interesting in a GTA game. If many people think the Midwest is boring, than the only great part of it is the Windy City.

LMAO! More style and variety than NYC? NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN! But it is not a boring city, just NYC's little brother. The plains, forests, etc would be great as well. Also, all the GTA cities have always been placed next to the ocean in the game and real life. (Besides Las Venturas, which is located in the middle of the Nevada desert but in the game it was still next to the ocean.) It would be quite interesting to see a lake..

OT: The next city is Vice, then I'm 50% on San Fierro/Las Venturas and 50% on another American city, because I just don't see Europe (I'm looking at you London) or another place happening before the major American cities. Carcer City would be my best guess for GTA VII.. confused.gif

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (deanmarcia @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 10:50)
How come there has not been a new location since San Andreas? Since GTA4 the locations have been recycled. I was disappointed when Liberty City was the location in GTA4 as i wanted a new place and I was equally disappointed when Los Santos was announced as the new location in GTA5. will Rockstar ever make a GTA game in a new city or will they keep re-making?

Don't wanna make you even sadder OP, but cities are "recycled" since GTA3, not GTA4. But for me, that's no issue.

QUOTE (ZoomZoom @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 12:48)
I would love to see a connected island like Rio de Janeiro with all the carnivals and fun stuff. It could be called as the Mio de Ranerio huh? As a reference to Rio.  smile.gif

user posted image

A wild Stereotype has appeared! FelipeVinhao used ClearVision. It wasn't very effective...

Sincerely, I'm Brazilian, I know what I'm talking about. Unless they make the "escolas de samba" (or "samba schools/gyms", if this makes any sense in English) to be what they're really about, led by crime lords, generally related to drug dealing and gambling, I prefer a recycled city.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

Here's how I think it will go

Next gen

GTA VI: Vice city
GTA London
GTA Deep south: South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana (the San Andreas of next gen in terms of ambitious scale)

Next gen

GTA reboot: Liberty city, San Andreas and Vice city all in one game Just like GTAI

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 07:34)
GTA London

I can't see the appeal with London. It's such a dual boring place to set a GTA game. No mountains, beaches, big city area....

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 07:47)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 07:34)
GTA London

I can't see the appeal with London. It's such a dual boring place to set a GTA game. No mountains, beaches, big city area....

Kind of like Liberty City, but I see where your coming from maybe the whole of the Uk instead so we can have a mix of countryside and city areas.

RedFighter
  • RedFighter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 08:34)

Next gen

GTA London
GTA Deep south: South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana (the San Andreas of next gen in terms of ambitious scale)

Next gen

GTA reboot: Liberty city, San Andreas and Vice city all in one game Just like GTAI

I don't think they will make another GTA London simply because driving on the other side of the road is kinda weird for allot of gamers (including me) tounge2.gif

"GTA reboot: Liberty city, San Andreas and Vice city all in one game Just like GTAI"

Perhaps, it would be cool though if they are making this in GTA V already biggrin.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Part of me really, really wants to see a new city - specifically, this means GTA enters "flyover country." But people don't want that. There's not enough movies or whatever based in an Atlanta or a Houston that people would recognize, they say. To me that's just as much reason to go outside and do one.

But, as it is, LA and Southern California is probably as good a setting as America can possibly muster for GTA. It's huge. People drive a lot, unlike New Yorkers. It's diverse not just in population but in geography. And it's the home of Hollywood which pretty much manufactures American culture and people's perceptions of things and places they've never seen.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (RedFighter @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 07:52)
I don't think they will make another GTA London simply because driving on the other side of the road is kinda weird for allot of gamers (including me) tounge2.gif

I always drive on both sides of the road in GTA games. biggrin.gif

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (RedFighter @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 07:52)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 08:34)

Next gen

GTA London
GTA Deep south:  South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana (the San Andreas of next gen in terms of ambitious scale)

Next gen

"GTA reboot: Liberty city, San Andreas and Vice city all in one game Just like GTAI"

Perhaps, it would be cool though if they are making this in GTA V already biggrin.gif

Ah but that way it would feel like a fresh and exciting new experience for you guys tounge.gif

Yeah it would be cool but it's just not possible for now, unless they downscale each area like crazy.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

1. We might see new cities. The game is based in SoCal, so we could see a city based on San Diego and another based on Tijuana.

2. I think using Los Santos again is fair. Your "recycling" complaint is pointless. This is a completely new Los Santos much more like Los Angeles. We've seen Liberty City FAR too much. I'm glad to be out of there.

t-p-d-a
  • t-p-d-a

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:01 AM Edited by t-p-d-a, 03 August 2012 - 10:04 AM.

Lets look

USA:
Liberty City - New York City
Alderney City - Jersey City
Vice City - Miami
Los Santos - Los Angeles
Las Venturas - Las Vegas
San Fierro - San Francisco
Anywhere City - ???

States:
State of Florida (Florida) with only Vice City
State of San Andreas (Carlifonia & Nevada) with Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro
State of Liberty (New York) with only Liberty City
State of Alderney (New Jersey) with only Alderney City

UK:
London
Manchester

I hope GTA V has a little City based on San Diego. And the GTA Universe has no Capitol City... A City based on Washington D.C. should be nice.

My ideas for the next years:
New GTAs with the new Vice City and the new Las Venturas
New GTAs with new Citys like: Detroit, Washington D.C., St. Louis, Chicago, Seattle?
And in 40 Years, we have a GTA Game with all States and all Citys rolleyes.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Rockstar don't just recycle the location from the old GTAs. The name of the cities are the same but since GTA IV they're more life-like. GTA IV's Liberty City was just New York but GTA III's Liberty City was just a few parts of New York and the surroundings. GTA SA's San Andreas was Los Santos (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) and GTA V's San Andreas will be just Los Santos (Los Angeles) together with the surrounded area. Rockstar just use the same name but the cities look completely different compared to the III-era.

jesusismyairbag
  • jesusismyairbag

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

GTA Tuktoyaktuk. bring it on.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

I don't think SA did Los Santos the justice it deserves. While SA's cities felt much more appropriately scaled than that of Vice City or III's LC, they are quite bland by current gen standards. Recreating LS or VC were the most likely choices for V. Choosing LS was probably the best choice for closing out this gen. It's a very large, sprawled out city and when combined with the diversities that the countryside has to offer, it'll allow for a much broader scope of open world activities than that of IV's LC.

VI is almost guaranteed to be a return to VC, a recreation not one, but two generations away from the last one.

At the current rate, I wouldn't expect to see a VII before 2020, at which point, who knows where things will go. I'd personally like to see the gritty, nasty, run down rust belt Carcer City finally be put to use.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 13:02)
QUOTE (deanmarcia @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 12:50)

I liked Los Santos. Liberty City I never really liked. I don't know if it's the NYC feeling or what but it just felt the same as other GTA's. Los Santos is alot better place. The only City I like to see again now is Vice City. Than they could make new cities.

Funnily enough I love GTA IV's LC, but I'm not a big fan of GTA III's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users