• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 22:23)
Yeah but the difference is I'd actually rather like to own one when time comes for a family. Tell me you'd choose a Sienna or Odyssey over a Vellfire or Elgrand to drive your kids to school in, or whatever it is that parents do with minivans.

You see Outcast, here in North America, all of the cool parents get crossovers. They do not want to be seen in minivan!

Also I won't choose any of those, I would choose this...

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

user posted image

The Lamborghini aventador. smile.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 04:12)
I wouldn't expect you to understand as you wouldn't know luxury if it smacked you upside the head. monocle.gif

Nor do you, it seems. Luxury isn't a product of how many DVD players you've got for the screaming brats in the back. It's much more nuanced than that- I mean, that's why a Rolls Royce is truly luxurious, and a Maybach is just ostentatious. A high-sided, slammed, VIP look MPV is never going to be luxurious because it's trying to be something it's not. It's basically a van full of leather- proper luxury comes from cars that were designed as mobile stately homes.

And the people who desire "luxury" cars don't have more than two children. It's uncouth.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

I mean, that's why a Rolls Royce is truly luxurious, and a Maybach is just ostentatious.

I do agree with you on this, but just because a car is ostentatious doesn't mean it isn't luxurious. I've been chauffeured in both Rolls Royces and Maybachs and they are both luxurious. Of course if I had to choose I'd say the RR is much more so, but that may be because of heritage bias. The Maybach is very nouveau riche whereas the RR is old money.

A high-sided, slammed, VIP look MPV is never going to be luxurious because it's trying to be something it's not.

What's to say that an MPV can never be luxurious just because that particular segment of the market isn't tailored to it? I know plenty of multimillionaires in Hong Kong whose kids are driven around in Alphards, Vellfires, Elysions and Elgrands. Its the family car of choice for the elite here.

I'd just like to ask, in your mind, what constitutes as a luxury car? (excluding the RR of course).

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:24 AM Edited by κενιη, 31 August 2012 - 08:26 AM.

E38 7 Series:

-Wagon body...yeah WAGON
-Alpina Wheels and Aero
-N74B60 w/ 8-speed auto from the F02 760Li
-Some sort of trick magnetic suspension
-Somehow squeeze all the luxo interior bits from the F02 into the E38
-Trailer hitch for my bumper-dumper

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 09:13)
I'd just like to ask, in your mind, what constitutes as a luxury car? (excluding the RR of course).

The first prerequisite is a saloon or large coupe body. Its not true luxury if it looks like a tarted up Transit. Its got to be relatively discrete, because real money doesn't shout about it, so big body kits and pie-dish chrome wheels are a definite no-no. The interior has to be mostly composed of dead cow and dead tree, ideally the latter being hewn from a single trunk to preserve the grain. Aluminium is acceptable too but again it needs to be a solid block of billet. Chrome is acceptable for detailing only. Ideally there should be a glass barrier between the driver and passenger, so you don't need to talk to your driver. The only gadget of any importance is a champagne fridge. The car must be relatively fast, but also utterly effortless, and absolutely must have impeccable ride quality. Armour playing up to ballistic level IV just be a factory option.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 AM Edited by Outcast, 31 August 2012 - 09:33 AM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 17:22)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 09:13)

The first prerequisite is a saloon or large coupe body. Its not true luxury if it looks like a tarted up Transit. Its got to be relatively discrete, because real money doesn't shout about it, so big body kits and pie-dish chrome wheels are a definite no-no. The interior has to be mostly composed of dead cow and dead tree, ideally the latter being hewn from a single trunk to preserve the grain. Aluminium is acceptable too but again it needs to be a solid block of billet. Chrome is acceptable for detailing only. Ideally there should be a glass barrier between the driver and passenger, so you don't need to talk to your driver. The only gadget of any importance is a champagne fridge. The car must be relatively fast, but also utterly effortless, and absolutely must have impeccable ride quality. Armour playing up to ballistic level IV just be a factory option.

That's very specific sivis. I expected no less from you and I am suitably impressed. The only thing I disagree with is the partition between driver and passenger. I have one in the Lincoln limo and it tends to stay down as I like to see the road ahead and to facilitate communication between the driver and myself. I do have a speaker and mic installed so communication with the partition up is still possible, call me old fashioned but I still prefer communicating with my driver face to back-of-head.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

user posted image

I'm not too far off my dream car. Would just need some 10" wheels, 7.5" brakes and some bolt on bits.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

To me, dream cars are something near unobtainable and all these Ferraris and Lambos in this thread are absolutely in the realm of possibility (of course, this all hinges on your financial situation).

If I'm honest, this would probably be the closest to something resembling a dream car for me.

Volga V12 Coupe
user posted image
user posted image
Link

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:36 PM Edited by Lurch, 31 August 2012 - 03:39 PM.

QUOTE (Outcast @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 10:02)
To me, dream cars are something near unobtainable and all these Ferraris and Lambos in this thread are absolutely in the realm of possibility (of course, this all hinges on your financial situation).

Maybe for you. For people living in the real world, a car well into 6 figure territory is never going to be a possibility for your average blue collar working class joe.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Right, of course. But what did you think of the Volga V12? Good choice or no?

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

It's pretty nice I guess. Is it using 750 BMW mechanicals or is it the one with the Jag XJS stuff?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Wasn't there one that was basically an 850Ci underneath, with a Volga body shell welded on?

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 21:06)
Wasn't there one that was basically an 850Ci underneath, with a Volga body shell welded on?

I believe there were quite a few of these, each with different base car. This coupe has indeed a 850Ci V12 engine in it, but a convertible version i believe had a 6. series V8 engine in it.
This kind of a project would be excellent. I know an abandoned old Gaz M21 near my house, it's in quite a good shape, only the interior is rotted and the front right side is a little off. It stands in front of someones hosue so i don't know if it's for sale or anything unfortunately.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

Forget what I said before, my dream car would be the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 16:06)

The Volga V8 Roadster was a BMW 650i and the Volga V12 Coupe was an 850CSi. From what I remember as well as what I can find now on the interwebs it looks like its just a really intensive skin job with slightly upgraded (pretty much stock except for some trim and fabric) interiors.

Anyways, I found a handful of build videos for the V12 Coupe for those interested. They actually look fairly detailed:

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'd love one exactly like this:
user posted image
I don't know why I like it. I'm a big American classic car fan though.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (κενιη @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 02:01)

The Volga V8 Roadster was a BMW 650i and the Volga V12 Coupe was an 850CSi. From what I remember as well as what I can find now on the interwebs it looks like its just a really intensive skin job with slightly upgraded (pretty much stock except for some trim and fabric) interiors.

Seems like it would be a waste to do it on a CSI since there were only 1700 made. Seems like an unmolested one could potentially be worth a lot more than the Volga. A more run of the mill 850CI I could understand a bit more.

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 15:28)

Seems like it would be a waste to do it on a CSI since there were only 1700 made. Seems like an unmolested one could potentially be worth a lot more than the Volga. A more run of the mill 850CI I could understand a bit more.

I still think it's a waste. Why not base the V12 Volga on something that's more common and worth much less... like the Mercedes CL?

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 18:19)
QUOTE (Lurch @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 15:28)

I still think it's a waste. Why not base the V12 Volga on something that's more common and worth much less... like the Mercedes CL?

I don't think they used a car that was in perfect order. dozingoff.gif A wreck most likely, or just found somewhere this engine.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 10:28)

It was a CSi...that much I do know.

Car&Driver

I guess the guy who had it built spent half a million doing so. With that, I would be willing to bet, while it isn't worth the build cost, its worth more than your average, unmolested, 850CSi.

racersg
  • racersg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 15:15)
You guys probably don't have these over in the West but Luxury MPVs are pretty popular here in Asia. I'd really like to have one when I start a family.

Toyota Vellfire
user posted image
user posted image

That has got to be the most ugly Toyota in the world. Noth that Toyota has ever made a good-looking car... confused.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Don't judge it by it's appearance. It has a lot of salient feature. I just saw a youtube video about it.
It achieves approximately
42 mpg and boasts an insulated body and newly developed two-way compressor which is incorporated in the motor to optimize the use of the air conditioner, conserving fuel. It has an excellent windshield glass which reduces the amount of solar radiation penetration.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

A dream car whos most notable features are:

- Its a minivan.
- Questionable body kit.
- Lubriciously huge rims.
- High mpg rating.
- Insulated body (guessing for interior heating/sound purposes).
- Special UV-blocking windshield glass?

Seriously, minus the "minivan" deal, it sounds like someone kitted out a Prius or Insight. Then you factor in the whole "minivan" status and it just makes it seem worse to everyone who isn't f*cking trees and breastfeeding baby pandas for the sake of battling global warming. I hate to break it to you, but the few people who actually enjoy this style of vehicle, which is a small minority of the people who actually live in the selling market, probably won't be anywhere near here.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 20:35)
Don't judge it by it's appearance. It has a lot of salient feature.

well most people need a combination of style AND substance in order to be sold on a new car.
if it's ugly, then it doesn't really matter how many nifty features it has. you won't want to drive it (read: you won't want to be seen driving it).

this woman sitting at the end of the bar might be the best cock sucker in the entire world.
unfortunately she weighs 350 pounds and smells like a fish market.

you see where I'm going with this... ?

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

user posted image

The Maserati Gran Turismo MC is a thing of beauty. It looks hand sculpted and I only wish I could own one of these works of art.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:26 PM Edited by Exxon, 09 September 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Pagani Zonda F inlove.gif

user posted image

Otherwise this car Corvette Stingray '69 wow.gif

user posted image

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I am 18 but I love cars from 6o 70 and 80's
and I'll try to buy a Impala 64 or a Dodge Charger 70. Love the muscles and lowriders icon14.gif

Impala:

http://img196.images...ifestylemer.jpg

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

lol.gif I have another dream car. It's a silver/grey metallic 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 fully loaded with a red leather interior, like this:
user posted image
inlove.gif best Charger ever imo!

Meno
  • Meno

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:12 AM Edited by Meno, 10 September 2012 - 08:16 AM.

QUOTE (racersg @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 02:41)
Not that Toyota has ever made a good-looking car... confused.gif

suicidal.gif
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Not everyone likes them then I guess.

ps. may them be counted as just another bunch of my dream cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users