Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Epsilon Program Twitter Found

Epsilon Program Epsilon Tract KIFFLOM FACT enlightenment Epsilonism Epsilonist Twitter GTA V
9,627 replies to this topic
Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 12:39)
Has no one realized that he pretty much confirmed an instgram app in game. To that I say:

http://www.gtaforums...19&hl=instagram

This.
And it's not gonna be a map or an outline of the latter that's about to come out 04-29.

TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (initium @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 09:09)
QUOTE (straightandfast @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 09:08)
QUOTE (initium @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 10:07)
QUOTE (straightandfast @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 09:06)
QUOTE (initium @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 10:02)
What are we all complaining about!!!
I've not followed any news for 6 months for this exact reason!
Anyway, the game releases any moment now, I'm guessing next month the 14th or so

Are you joking? You haven't been following any news?

Not sure if you are joking but the game isn't out until 17th September.

Go troll somewhere else

Lol, I'm the one doing the trolling? jokes on you.

You got me,

I've been on here everyday since the release of trailer 1 moto_whistle.gif

lol.

Imagine waking up out of a coma after San Andreas came out, and then seeing GTA V.

It would blow your mind suicidal.gif

JeteaFive
  • JeteaFive

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by JeteaFive, 24 April 2013 - 10:47 AM.

November 25th:
Tweeted "Anyway, the screensaver turns up next week. Its going to save lives as well as screens #FACT"

lol.gif

Chazzer3
  • Chazzer3

Car Jack City

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 01:55)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 17:20)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 07:33)
As a test, I set my date forward by a month on my Windows PC and the Windows version played just fine.

Well somebody tried that a few pages back, on Mac, and it gives the message that it has expired anddoes not launch.

Also, I think Rockstar know what they are doing. They didn't spend 5 months making a screensaver that accidently expires next week - after promising new updates next week also. It's common sense I think...

It gives a message and doesn't launch because the screensaver was compiled with the software in trial mode. It's a protection so some company doesn't just use the trial version to create a screensaver to mass distribute. Since the software they used for Windows is free and doesn't have any sort of trials, the screensaver continues to work. Like I said, if Rockstar was going to make the screensaver expire, they would have done that in Flash. Looking around the Flash code, there's no "expire code" in it.

Further more, Rockstar took steps to ensure they could update the content in the screensaver remotely. They wouldn't have bothered with this if they had planned to make the screensaver expire.

They didn't spend 5 months creating it. After they knew internally they were going to face a delay, the screensaver was put on the back burner until marketing vamped up again. Kinda like the box art. They had it back in January but when they knew they were going to face a delay, they held off releasing it. That doesn't mean during the months between January and April they were working on it the entire time.

tl;dr: Some Flash designer forgot to check if the software was in trial mode and everyone is reading into it too much.

EDIT: Oh and this same exact thing happened to the band Muse a while back. They released a screensaver using the same exact software Rockstar is using and somehow trial mode got activated and made the screensavers expire. They had to release a new version to correct the issue.

This definitely makes more sense, thanks for the insight smile.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yay, Adriaan's online. Found the blue

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (EpsilonInsider @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 19:43)
I have climbed the Solitary Tree and I assure you that it is indeed a screen saver that is hitting the Internet soon. Stick to the twitter for the truth. There is no hidden message.

Our leader does not lie. Believers should know he can be trusted, as he was in the past.

QUOTE (EpsilonInsider @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 16:04)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 15:36)
The blue filter makes me think of "Find the Blue"
Maybe to find the blue, we have to find that lone tree on the rock. Or the lighthouse. Or scuba dive for something special in the area.

Find the first post.

if anyone hasnt figured it out, EpsilonInsider meant you have to find the Solitary Tree in response to LotusRIP.

LackedMushroom0
  • LackedMushroom0

Steenster Spellen

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 02:55)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 17:20)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 07:33)
As a test, I set my date forward by a month on my Windows PC and the Windows version played just fine.

Well somebody tried that a few pages back, on Mac, and it gives the message that it has expired anddoes not launch.

Also, I think Rockstar know what they are doing. They didn't spend 5 months making a screensaver that accidently expires next week - after promising new updates next week also. It's common sense I think...

It gives a message and doesn't launch because the screensaver was compiled with the software in trial mode. It's a protection so some company doesn't just use the trial version to create a screensaver to mass distribute. Since the software they used for Windows is free and doesn't have any sort of trials, the screensaver continues to work. Like I said, if Rockstar was going to make the screensaver expire, they would have done that in Flash. Looking around the Flash code, there's no "expire code" in it.

Further more, Rockstar took steps to ensure they could update the content in the screensaver remotely. They wouldn't have bothered with this if they had planned to make the screensaver expire.

They didn't spend 5 months creating it. After they knew internally they were going to face a delay, the screensaver was put on the back burner until marketing vamped up again. Kinda like the box art. They had it back in January but when they knew they were going to face a delay, they held off releasing it. That doesn't mean during the months between January and April they were working on it the entire time.

tl;dr: Some Flash designer forgot to check if the software was in trial mode and everyone is reading into it too much.

EDIT: Oh and this same exact thing happened to the band Muse a while back. They released a screensaver using the same exact software Rockstar is using and somehow trial mode got activated and made the screensavers expire. They had to release a new version to correct the issue.

Hmmm MUSE biggrin.gif
OT: Just hoping for a 3rd trailer soon!

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

must remember to visit ammu-nation for some molotovs before taking off to find the solitary tree

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Find the Blue had a tree. ph34r.gif I guess this is deepthroat's son lol.gif

I can't wait to blow that tree off with a Hydra.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 20:49)
Find the Blue had a tree. ph34r.gif I guess this is deepthroat's son lol.gif

I can't wait to blow that tree off with a Hydra.

I'd LEAN on the side of that tree, or SIT under it, EATING MY REALISTIC STEAK while I'm on a job as a BUS DRIVER, driving buses for $15/day.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I noticed how Take Two is back in the news bigtime...not only GTA V this week and probably next week as well, but also 2K with the re-reveal of the XCOM shooter this friday and it's said to be a squad-based tactical shooter, awesome stuff.

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 24 April 2013 - 03:49 PM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 15:26)
I noticed how Take Two is back in the news bigtime...not only GTA V this week and probably next week as well, but also 2K with the re-reveal of the XCOM shooter this friday and it's said to be a squad-based tactical shooter, awesome stuff.

Well Damn where you been, Mosquito? Havent seen you on here in a while...

Edit: sh*t, just looked at your post history, guess I just missed all of em.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 15:47)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 15:26)

Well Damn where you been, Mosquito? Havent seen you on here in a while...

Edit: sh*t, just looked at your post history, guess I just missed all of em.

Hahah, you know man..i've been much more absent from the forum compared to early this year and last year. Last year i pretty much had somewhat of an addiction to this forum, but i think a lot of people did wink.gif . But after the news of the delay this year, i decided it was time to spend my time on other things. Among them...playing a lot of awesome new and old games. But you know how it is..one can only stay away from GTA related stuff for so long. Soon i started playing GTA IV again and then you start to look forward to GTA V news again. And luckily, updates seem to be happening again. The wait for the game itself though isn't hard at all anymore, which is good.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Other than that weird expiration date on the screensaver is there any other reason to expect something next week??

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 16:20)
Other than that weird expiration date on the screensaver is there any other reason to expect something next week??

Not really, except for that 29th is of course GTA IV's release date smile.gif If i were ya'll i'd just take it easy and with a grain of salt and not expect anything big next week. We all know about disappointments...let's chill biggrin.gif

Platinvm
  • Platinvm

GTA V: Chop's Adventures

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 18:24)

Not really, except for that 29th is of course GTA IV's release date smile.gif If i were ya'll i'd just take it easy and with a grain of salt and not expect anything big next week. We all know about disappointments...let's chill biggrin.gif

This tweet: "We invite you to visit one of our enlightenment centers. Directions will be provided in one week’s time."

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

user posted image

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by DODI3OG, 24 April 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Maybe a countdown(as a "direction" ) to Trailer 3(enlightenment center).

The amount of info and awesomeness in Trailer 3 will DEFINITELY ENLIGHTEN us of all our questions and burden for GTAV.
I'm putting my entire fortune on this shish!

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 16:45)

The amount of info and awesomeness in Trailer 3 will DEFINITELY ENLIGHTEN us!

The thing is..they advertise it through the Epsilon thing, it's not like it's Rockstar saying something about next week. That's why i don't think it'll be a third trailer announcement. Maybe something to do with Epsilon again but similar to this week, where we saw in-game footage for the first time.

- Disco -
  • - Disco -

The Ways of The Disco Dancer

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 16:45)

The amount of info and awesomeness in Trailer 3 will DEFINITELY ENLIGHTEN us of all our questions and burden for GTAV.

I think we should take the tweets literally, and expect R* to release something that involves Epsilon somehow. It still feels a little too early for a 3rd trailer imo. But I would love to be wrong. I'm just glad were getting something, even if it is some strange tweets or a screensaver icon14.gif

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 10:20)

My guess is there will be another video like the screensaver, but only in a style of a in game tv ad. Perhaps we see the enlightenment centers, and the explanation of it's purpose lead by the character in the screen saver.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Agenda21 @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 00:58)
I think we should take the tweets literally, and expect R* to release something that involves Epsilon somehow. It still feels a little too early for a 3rd trailer imo. But I would love to be wrong. I'm just glad were getting something, even if it is some strange tweets or a screensaver icon14.gif

I hope it's a bit of an info concerning GTA V.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Brace yourselves, the disappointment is coming.

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

On that video, the cars and waves are moving normal speed. smile.gif

Doodling Hitman
  • Doodling Hitman

The Doodling Assassin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 18:03)

Yeah this will happen most likely..

sad.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 18:25)
QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 18:03)

Yeah this will happen most likely..

sad.gif

I can't wait!! Maybe we'll get to see

... the lighthouse and the tree, from a NEW ANGLE!!!!

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (TwistedMedia @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 09:59)
Imagine waking up out of a coma after San Andreas came out, and then seeing GTA V.

It would blow your mind  suicidal.gif

Yeah, back in 2004, after playing GTA SA for 6 days straight with no sleep, no food and no hydration, I was slipping into a coma. I told the doctors, bring me outta this coma if Rockstar ever releases a GTA trailer with Los Santos in it, I wanna be ready for that game. colgate.gif

So they did. But I could not have imagined the hellish period of 2012 with no info. Big mistake. I shoulda told them to put me back in a coma again, until GTAV actually releases. confused.gif

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Epsilon Program ‏@EpsilonismToday 3 min

More pledges revealed #spiritualupdate

http://www.rockstarg...21/kifflom.html
" The Pledge has been updated. And will continue to be revealed."

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

there is something hidden in the screensaver files...

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 18:55)
Epsilon Program ‏@EpsilonismToday 3 min

More pledges revealed #spiritualupdate

http://www.rockstarg...21/kifflom.html
" The Pledge has been updated. And will continue to be revealed."

Well, they seem to be going on a spree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users