Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Epsilon Program Twitter Found

Epsilon Program Epsilon Tract KIFFLOM FACT enlightenment Epsilonism Epsilonist Twitter GTA V
9,627 replies to this topic
TheFIREFLY
  • TheFIREFLY

Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (trevors685 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 17:19)
How do we know that this is from GTA V?! It could be a random scene created for this..

http://www.rockstarg...21/kifflom.html

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Eternal Moonshine @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 21:57)
This tune. Can't get enough of it

Dude, I am legit haunted by it. Ah, dat loop!

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by Freezer89, 23 April 2013 - 05:41 PM.

QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 19:30)
How do we know that this is from GTA V?!† It could be a random scene created for this..

What are you trying to say? He meant if this scene is taken straight from a location in GTA V or if this was just created solely for the purpose of this screensaver. On the same engine obviously.

I really dig that music. Kinda hypnotizing.

Anyways what about that expire date I see here in the forums.. does it appear at the end of the screensaver or what?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 18:39)
Anyways what about that expire date I see here in the forums.. does it appear at the end of the screensaver or what?

Mac OSX systems output an expiry date for screensavers that have it apparently. It's apparently one week from now. Someone tried to change the date and it said "This screen saver has expired".

TheFIREFLY
  • TheFIREFLY

Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

How do we know that this is from GTA V?!† It could be a random scene created for this..

What are you trying to say? He meant if this scene is taken straight from a location in GTA V or if this was just created solely for the purpose of this screensaver. On the same engine obviously.

yes, they made new lighthouse, rocks, whole sea and mountains just for this screensaver although Epsilon is made and run by R* themselves.

Yea, totally

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 17:55)

yes, they made new lighthouse, rocks, whole sea and mountains just for this screensaver although Epsilon is made and run by R* themselves.

Yea, totally

It could be anything. All I'm asking is how do we know that this is from V?

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 19:55)

Yea, totally

You got the wrong person. But it doesn't matter, what matters is that you just posted the link to the newswire. The link does not prove that it's from GTA V. It's not called GTAV.com or so..

Either way, it's obviously this is from GTA V. I really don't see any reason why this should be not.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 13:06)
http://forum.teamxbo...64&postcount=48

The next big announcement for GTA 5 looks like it'll be happening on April 29th at 3pm GMT.

We already know that Rockstar has cryptically pointed towards next week as the window for something GTA 5 related but fans on GTAForums have narrowed it down further.

It turns out the Epsilon screensaver (which can be downloaded on Rockstar Newswire) actually has an expiry date - April 29th 3pm GMT. This works out to 10am in New York, so it would be a feasible time for Rockstar to get a new announcement of some sort out there, and it falls within the already established window of next week.

The announcement will be that the delay was a joke and that it's coming in May. You heard it here first.

Of course....i'm kidding. But imagine biggrin.gif

Releasing it on 2405:
If R* pulled something like that off, I would consider them gods and bow down before them--all would be forgiven. Could you imagine how great of a prank that would've been? The fanbase would be in a loop of orgasmic joy juice!! But...like you said....it probably would never happen.

Personally, I don't want them to show a little piece of the map of Vinewood just for Epsilon. I want to open it and look at it for the first time while the game installs. It's tradition. I think it will be an interactive website, just like they did with San An, except, at first, it will be Epsilon-themed. I hope that's what's about to happen. We're so close to entering ground zero. My hype may return the closer we get. After V years, I am ready for a new GTA experience! I just lost my mom, and GTA V is probably the only thing that could take my mind off that.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 01:16)
QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 05:47)
Well, R* are learning. Instead of recycling the same old crap none of us can see without throwing up anymore, they're just recycling the same old crap none of us can see without throwing up anymore and stick a tree and waves behind it!

Now THAT's cost effective.

Word. icon14.gif

Though I do like the waves colgate.gif

This epsilon sh*t was old 5 years ago. And this is the best that Rockstar can do to promote their crowning achievement in sandbox games? Pathetic, bro.

[sarcasm]
Yup. This is it. There will be nothing else.

No interactive websites. No new trailers. No character specific mini-trailers. No new magazine previews. No TV spots. No radio ads. No more screens. No more artwork. NOTHING.
[/sarcasm]

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Jack0711 @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 19:15)
Did anyone else notice two different moons from the different time-lapses. Does this confirm lunar cycles? Will this also mean possible tides as well? This really excites me!

Since some of the time lapse ocean scenes go through a full day or two, one would expect to see a couple of high and low tide points each day. But it looks to me like the ocean surface always remains at the same level.

So, I would say that tides are *not* going to appear in GTAV. It seems like it would just be one parameter to vary with a simple tidal curve, for the ocean height, to simulate tides throughout the day and night. A missed opportunity for realism? Too bad. sad.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (abottig @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 18:30)
QUOTE (saintsrow @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 01:16)
QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 05:47)
Well, R* are learning. Instead of recycling the same old crap none of us can see without throwing up anymore, they're just recycling the same old crap none of us can see without throwing up anymore and stick a tree and waves behind it!

Now THAT's cost effective.

Word. icon14.gif

Though I do like the waves colgate.gif

This epsilon sh*t was old 5 years ago. And this is the best that Rockstar can do to promote their crowning achievement in sandbox games? Pathetic, bro.

[sarcasm]
Yup. This is it. There will be nothing else.

No interactive websites. No new trailers. No character specific mini-trailers. No new magazine previews. No TV spots. No radio ads. No more screens. No more artwork. NOTHING.
[/sarcasm]

Promises, promises, promises, all I ever get is promises. Where's the beef? colgate.gif

KOSMOS-XR
  • KOSMOS-XR

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

f*ck, April 29 is the release date GTA IV... 5 years... And Rockstar said about 1 week yesterday...

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by DODI3OG, 23 April 2013 - 06:57 PM.

QUOTE (Elyobo893 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 23:38)
From that picture of Cris Formage, we can see that the GTA V character models look way better than IV's models. Look at that stubble! biggrin.gif

They made the characters much detailed this time around. icon14.gif icon14.gif

I can't wait to see how immersed I could get in a cutscene.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I was kind of hoping for some tweets today, even if they were cryptic.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I hope rockstar won't trick us like the first time in 2012

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 17:07)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 11:06)
http://forum.teamxbo...64&postcount=48

The next big announcement for GTA 5 looks like it'll be happening on April 29th at 3pm GMT.

We already know that Rockstar has cryptically pointed towards next week as the window for something GTA 5 related but fans on GTAForums have narrowed it down further.

It turns out the Epsilon screensaver (which can be downloaded on Rockstar Newswire) actually has an expiry date - April 29th 3pm GMT. This works out to 10am in New York, so it would be a feasible time for Rockstar to get a new announcement of some sort out there, and it falls within the already established window of next week.

The announcement will be that the delay was a joke and that it's coming in May. You heard it here first.

Of course....i'm kidding. But imagine biggrin.gif

People would still complain.

Yea I can see that.. "OMG Rockstar is rushing GTA V!. We could have waited 4 extra months for a better game.. OMG they rushed!"

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Mpower @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 19:09)
I hope rockstar won't trick us like the first time in 2012

What? Rockstar's never tricked us before... sarcasm.gif

user posted image

We *will* get fooled again bored.gif

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (trevors685 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 18:08)
QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 17:55)

Yea, totally

You can clearly see cars moving on the right side of the video on the mountains in one of the videos. Why would they add random cars moving with headlights turned on.. on the roads if it wasnt from the actual GTA V map/world.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (trevors685 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 18:08)

Just logic. It's meant to advertise V and it makes sense that they would be using this as an opportunity to showcase the day/night cycle. It's not photorealistic so we know that it's not footage of real life, so the only other possibility is that they made it from scratch just for the video. Now, why would they bother when they can just use locations from the game they're trying to advertise?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (KOSMOS-XR @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 13:46)
f*ck, April 29 is the release date GTA IV... 5 years... And Rockstar said about 1 week yesterday...

April 29 is also the day the Los Angeles Riots started.

Topsu
  • Topsu

A man who takes his time waiting

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

So does the screensaver really expire on the 29th? What does a screensaver expiring mean?

iTz i Makez HD
  • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Topsu @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 21:55)
So does the screensaver really expire on the 29th? What does a screensaver expiring mean?

I guess they will remove it for download

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (EpsilonInsider @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 08:04)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 15:36)
The blue filter makes me think of "Find the Blue"
Maybe to find the blue, we have to find that lone tree on the rock. Or the lighthouse. Or scuba dive for something special in the area.

Find the first post.

We as a people have consistently got things backwards?

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 16:23)
QUOTE (EpsilonInsider @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 08:04)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 15:36)
The blue filter makes me think of "Find the Blue"
Maybe to find the blue, we have to find that lone tree on the rock. Or the lighthouse. Or scuba dive for something special in the area.

Find the first post.

We as a people have consistently got things backwards?

I'm curious what he is referring to as well.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Regarding the expiration, I think people might be looking into that too much. Rockstar uses two different utilities to convert the source Flash animations to both Mac and Windows respectively. The utility Rockstar uses for OSX is a paid application while the one for Windows is free. I compared the configuration files of the new Epsilon screensaver to another screensaver Rockstar released a few months back. By the looks of it, they upgraded the program. I'm willing to put money down that the program goofed while Rockstar was compiling the screensaver and set itself to a 7 day trial mode without Rockstar knowing. The screensaver already self-updates its content with the Rockstar servers. If Rockstar really wanted to make the screensaver expire, they would have done it server side via a configuration file.

As a test, I set my date forward by a month on my Windows PC and the Windows version played just fine.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 20:33)
Regarding the expiration, I think people might be looking into that too much. Rockstar uses two different utilities to convert the source Flash animations to both Mac and Windows respectively. The utility Rockstar uses for OSX is a paid application while the one for Windows is free. I compared the configuration files of the new Epsilon screensaver to another screensaver Rockstar released a few months back. By the looks of it, they upgraded the program. I'm willing to put money down that the program goofed while Rockstar was compiling the screensaver and set itself to a 7 day trial mode without Rockstar knowing. The screensaver already self-updates its content with the Rockstar servers. If Rockstar really wanted to make the screensaver expire, they would have done it server side via a configuration file.

As a test, I set my date forward by a month on my Windows PC and the Windows version played just fine.

Let's hope Rockstar does not accidentally compile the GTAV release build with a trial version of the compiler. Or there will be a lot of unhappy people on 24 September 2013. smile.gif

Andriese
  • Andriese

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

i don't want see the map now! i want to see the map only at day1, not now!

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 07:33)

Well somebody tried that a few pages back, on Mac, and it gives the message that it has expired anddoes not launch.

Also, I think Rockstar know what they are doing. They didn't spend 5 months making a screensaver that accidently expires next week - after promising new updates next week also. It's common sense I think...

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Im hoping for a map outline of some sort.

Also, to those who say "Like omg, I totally don't want Rockstar to spoil the map for me!" You have the power to not Google it, derp.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

What are the expectations here for April 29th? We could get something, but it's also possible nothing at all happens. Could be a third trailer announcement with countdown, could be more screenshots, could be the map, but i doubt that. Could it actually be a gameplay video like they did for RDR, LA Noire and MP3? I for one hope not. Or will it simply really be about Epsilon and Kifflom again?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users