GTA San Andreas Weapon Guide (2012)

57 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:12 AM Edited by OrionSR, 14 August 2012 - 05:05 AM.

There is a huge difference between the streaming files that are responsible for spawning buildings and other objects when CJ moves to different areas of the map. PS2 has many more files. I have no idea why these were changed. The most notable differences are that PS2 has more vehicles, and PC has more decorative objects. I could point out a few but this would be way off topic. I'm arguing that the pickups (weapons in particular) are the same in all versions.

I'm sorry, I don't know where this Hobo's Express is located (found it with the cocktails). The sniper rifle on the balcony west of the Mulholland West 24/7 you showed earlier I'm pretty sure is always a sniper rifle. This is a screenshot of the rocket launcher in Los Santos found on top of the taller building one block west of the Glen Park pond.

user posted image

I don't know what's up with Radioman's collectible bonuses. If it's just him then let's chalk it up to a glitch with his game, or maybe he just missed it. If others are reporting the same problem then maybe we should look into it more closely.

Added: I just used the Japanese Save Editor to compare the sequence of pickups in "clean" In the Beginning saves for PS2v1 and PCv1 and found a 1:1 correlation between all the pickups. I did not compare locations or ammo for the pickups, just that pickups 0 thru 554 are the same kind and type. The only differences I found were the extra 2 player pickups on PS2, and one of the save disks on PS2 was recently used to save the game - on PC I used a cleo script to save so the save disks are untouched.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Aug 5 2012, 16:08)
QUOTE (ZoomZoom @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 03:32)
What I've picked up every single Thermal goggle and I have lost them? Does this mean I won't get them back in the game? cry.gif

There are 4 spawn points, maybe you missed one. Otherwise, if you collected them and saved afterwards then they are gone. It's possible to replace them with mods/edits/cheat device codes but not through normal gameplay.

Night vision goggles respawn normally. Perhaps add availability info for the goggles. They are added to the map after... (I forget).

Thermal Goggles after Black Project
Night Vision Goggles after Breaking the Bank at Caligula's

I was under the impression that PS2 and PC versions have the same pickups (except PS2 has two-player pickups).

Normal respawn time for weapons is 6 minutes. The sniper rifle on the hill south of the SF airport, and fire extinguishers in fast food joints will respawn in 45 seconds. These fast respawn weapons will not appear on new games started after loading an existing save because they are created by data files and not the game scripts.

Would the note on special melee damage from the parachute be more appropriate in the description for the parachute since that is the icon showing when it works?

The purple dildo does not spawn in the LV police station; it can only be found in the shared LS/Dillimore station, or in Millie's house (Millie's won't respawn). The silver vibe spawns by a dumpster in Bayside. The other sex toys are unused by the standard game.

I am sure I haven't forgotten any location. I have taken it form Madd Dogg's crib, Zero's RC shop, The Big Ear and from Area 69. So that means I don't have it anymore??

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Nice guide, very useful. Keep up the good work man.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks man.

OG.Steccky
  • OG.Steccky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I know another place where you can find the smoke grenades! blush.gif

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Where is it? If you know post it here and maybe Th3Man1 will edit it. But I tihnk every location have been mentioned. dozingoff.gif

OG.Steccky
  • OG.Steccky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Nope, this one isn't mentioned at all.It's a bit difficult to explain without the screenshot, but I'll try.

When you're on the first mission in the game and when you're aproaching the carpark where you split up it's the first big building on your left, the grenades are right after you go up the stairs. On that building behind you can find the Ballas tag and some trash cans. I hope you can get it. I will upload the screenshot as soon as I can. smile.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yes I know where it is. But, Tear gas is the least effective weapon in the game. Hardly worth mentioning.
There are Many More weapons and body armour locations in San Andreas.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

If there are weapon location I think we should include it.. smile.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

I will include it. I'm really lazy to do things, but i'll do it.

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:22 PM Edited by lil weasel, 04 September 2012 - 11:39 PM.

We can piock up the baseball bat in the baseball course in garcia, San Fierro. Near the Misty's bar.
(behind Doherty)

EDIT: You mean across the street from Zero's shop on the Baseball Diamond. {lw}

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (caio3771 @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 21:22)
We can piock up the baseball bat in the baseball course in garcia, San Fierro. Near the Misty's bar.
(behind Doherty)

I'll look into it later. (f*ck lazyness cry.gif )

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:19 PM Edited by lil weasel, 04 September 2012 - 11:40 PM.

After mission Gren Sabre we have no weapons in countryside.

EDIT - Edited table to more correctly reflect this. {lw}

RatedRony
  • RatedRony

Give the pain The Finger

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

How do i get infinite ammo? i have 100% and it still is showing numbers confused.gif do i need to go down to 0?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:47 AM Edited by lil weasel, 25 September 2012 - 07:53 AM.

Just keep shooting til you run out. The count shows but it will reload.

wsmmwx
  • wsmmwx

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:21 AM Edited by Barguast, 09 November 2012 - 09:51 AM.

removed

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

For the mission Dam and Blast - CJ does indeed lose Brass Knuckles.

PHP
  • PHP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by PHP, 10 February 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Nice guide, very detailed

soaote
  • soaote

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

nice topic

SelectLOL
  • SelectLOL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Nice Topic, But This Is Good

Why didn't you give Flame Thrower??? mercie_blink.gif

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

It is there.

Heavy Weapons

Jebac11
  • Jebac11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Nice topic.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thanks!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:20 AM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 23 April 2013 - 06:23 AM.

QUOTE (RatedRony @ Tuesday, Sep 25 2012, 09:26)
How do i get infinite ammo? i have 100% and it still is showing numbers confused.gif do i need to go down to 0?

...And that is why I prefer to call this undecreasing ammo rather than infinite.

It works that way: every bullet you shoot off the clip will be substracted from your bullet clip count, but at the same time, it will be added to your total bullet count for that weapon. In the end, when you reload, you will be with the same amount of bullets you started with.

The total count can be increased by picking up weapons or ammo for them.

The total count cannot be decreased! The exceptions are: Molotovs, Grenades, Satchel Charges, Smoke Grenades and Camera. These weapons have their amount decreased no matter what.

The total count can be depleted by being wasted (if not dating Katie); busted (if not dating Barbara); by picking an inconsistent weapon for the same slot or by running out of ammo for the weapons mentioned above.

Reload animations still apply to their full extent.

Thats all there's to it.

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Real good guide Th3MaN1. I have a question, hopefully not off topic, the tear gas you can get is affective for escaping, right? but when I use it and the people start coughing and I bring out a knife and stealth kill one person in the gases range, it will auto stealth kill all at the same time in the gas. I believe its a weird glitch. if you could, some one try it to prove if its a glitch or not? thanks. again Great guide Th3MaN1 cookie.gif cookie.gif

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

absolutely fantastic and thorough guide  :karmaeater:

my favorite all-rounder has to be the M4  :cool: beats the AK due to the larger clip size

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Real good guide Th3MaN1. I have a question, hopefully not off topic, the tear gas you can get is affective for escaping, right? but when I use it and the people start coughing and I bring out a knife and stealth kill one person in the gases range, it will auto stealth kill all at the same time in the gas. I believe its a weird glitch. if you could, some one try it to prove if its a glitch or not? thanks. again Great guide Th3MaN1 cookie.gifcookie.gif

Yes it works on my ps3 version, i read the whole thing ( dont know if it gets updated ) but the rifle ( sh*tty sniper ) also spawns somewhere on a rock in the forest area ( i know its useless since i dont know spot but its not fully updated unless some1 made a map where all weapons are ).

hoethoet
  • hoethoet

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Very nice  thread. Thanks for this information.

Super Compressed Pc Games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users