Sleep Paralysis

110 replies to this topic
MrPaul123
  • MrPaul123

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi guys,
Last night I experienced SP for the first time and it was the scariest $hit ever! I'd been trying to induce SP for a long time after watching a documentary on youtube about it. I remember it must have been around 3am, and I was lying on my back slowly drifting away and then i just remember opening my eyes, and trying to get up but i could move anything except my eyes... Everthing in my room was where it should be, my window was open like it should have been. Then i realised what was happening. After 6 months of trying, i was finally experiencing SP. This realisation didnt stop me from $hitting myself when from the corner of the room I see a very old chinese woman dressed in black walk towards me whilst mumbling to her self. She keeps walking, and then stops right next to me. She then climbs on my bed and put her foot on my neck with full weight. I literally was choking, i couldnt breathe. Before i knew it,i blacked out and woke up.
Scary experience! Im not interested in SP anymore lol

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Sleep paralysis happened to me a lot of time. It was like 5 times a week. Mostly because i'm exhausted.
It was scary indeed. Everytime it happened, just like what you've described, can't move everything except eyes and mouth, can't speak anything, seeing some weird stuff, and so on.
But i always force myself to wake up when it happen. Can't just continue to sleep, because when i tried to close my eyes, i heard something buzzed around my head, and head felt like it was squeezed. No kidding, it was f*cking hurt my brain.

But now, i'm pretty glad i didn't experienced any sleep paralysis for past 4 months. colgate.gif

Anyway, found a lot of article on the net, that with sleep paralysis, we could experience OBE too (Out of Body Experience).
Never experienced an OBE before, but they said it was pretty cool.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

I've heard it is scary. But it never occurred to me. I guess I'm lucky. colgate.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Scary..has happened a lot of time for me

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've never experienced it but it doesn't sound very pleasant. Why on earth would you want to induce it?

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 13:17)
I've never experienced it but it doesn't sound very pleasant. Why on earth would you want to induce it?

It's actually great. Although I never had allucinations like this guy seems to have had.
I don't remember being able to open my eyes though. Maybe I did once. It happened alot to me.

I might get it tonight, since last night I didn't sleep.

"Official" Topic

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

My ex-girlfriend experienced sleep paralysis once. When it happened, she also felt smothered by a great weight. She was sure it was the spirit of her deceased father saying goodbye to her.

Thankfully I've never experienced sleep paralysis.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

You're lucky, I've been dying to experience it and try to lucid dream for ages but I never get through... it's incredibly frustrating. Now you've done it, I'd recommend going back and trying again. Maybe this time you'll have greater influence over what you see as hallucination in the hypnagogic phase.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

@goin god:
Feels great because you unable to move your body? mercie_blink.gif
And by the way, sleep paralysis is often comes with hallucinations like i said earlier.
Sleep paralysis is often accompanied by vivid hallucinations. There may be a sense someone is in the room, or even hovering over you. At other times, there seems to be pressure on the chest, as though someone or something perched there. There may even be sexual attacks associated with the hallucinations. The sound of footsteps, doors opening and closing, voices, all can be a very frightening part of sleep paralysis. These are known as Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Experiences and they are what make people dread an episode of sleep paralysis."

Taken from an article by Florence Cardinal.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 13:42)
@goin god:
Feels great because you unable to move your body? mercie_blink.gif
And by the way, sleep paralysis is often comes with hallucinations like i said earlier.

Yes, but you feel more than that. I do.
It can be terrfiying yet fascinating.

I like to experience things that are out of the ordinary.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

I've had Sleep Paralysis in my past but thankfully it's been about a couple of years since my last instance. Truthfully it was one of the most scariest thing that I've experienced and wouldn't wish on anyone. Just the sense of being perfectly awake and able to see everything find in my room but not able to even move my head was terrifying.
It's only when I can calm myself and relax that I can focus myself enough to twitch my finger or hand and break the paralysis to regain normal movement. After which leaves me with a few things, me being exhausted, being terrified of what happened and to fall asleep again, and finally a racing rapid heartbeat.
You might be able to control it but over my years of having it I wasn't able to get past those problems.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

I've had it but never knew what it was until it was mentioned ages ago on the forum. Its f*cking horrible in my opinion, and the less I have it the better. I couldn't move or talk or anything and I was just seeing this guy walking towards my bed and I had such an urgency to wake up and move since sh*t was scary. I eventually stopped doing it and pretty much woke up in a cold sweat of terror. Really hard to try and relax & concentrate to move when you are scared.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

I've had alot of experiences with sleep paralysis. It really isn't something you should go out of your way to try and experience.

I've had problems with SP over the last few years now and actually just had an episode yesterday afternoon when I took a nap. I've experiened it so much by now that I know what's going on when it happens so I usually don't freak out as bad, the only way I can get out of it is by slowly twitching a finger or a toe until I take complete control.

Sometimes it happens when I'm falling asleep, and sometimes happens after I fall asleep and I'm dreaming, yet simply can't tell it's a dream.

Lucid dreaming on the other hand my friend, I would give 2 million pesos to lucid dream twice a week. LD's are absolutely amazing. You're in a state of consciousness exactly like in waking life except you're dreaming and can do anything your mind desires. Everything looks, feels and sounds 100% real, it's quite an experience.

Boulevard
  • Boulevard

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

I have it all the time. Scariest time is when I was dreaming a luxurious life, women, cars, money everywhere and then it ended and I went into sleep paralysis as the devil spoke to me that if I wanted everything I just dreamt to sell my soul to him and grab my hand, handed me a feather with blood ink and told me to sign this contract and I just prayed to god to save me and I woke up. Scary sh*t.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

I have to say I don't envy anyone of whom this has occurred to. It sounds so bloody frightening, and what happened to MrPaul123 would probably be enough to do me in.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Nachos?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

Haven't experienced it yet. I've been wanting to though. Are there any good "tutorials" to induce this?

CrowBarZ
  • CrowBarZ

Storm Mancini

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

I don't see why this seems to be so special to some of you. It happens to everyone every single night, it's just your not consious to realize it. Also the hypnogogic hallucinations the come with sleep paralysis can be controled, for example, if you let the experience be scary, it's going to be scary. I myself have induced sleep paralysis for purposes such as lucid dreaming.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (codyr783 @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 10:02)
Haven't experienced it yet. I've been wanting to though. Are there any good "tutorials" to induce this?

While you're at it, try experiencing Out of Body experience too.

Here : http://www.wikihow.c...Body-Experience
It's about how to get OBE with SP.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Ive never had it. It sounds interesting though. but I probably wouldn't induce it. bored.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I've never experienced sleep paralysis, and I'm probably not going to initiate it myself any time in the near future. My uncle claims to have been visited by a "ghost" in the middle of the night, apparently he woke up, couldn't move or breathe, and felt a pair of cold hands on his neck. Could this have been sleep paralysis?

I've heard that a good way to initiate sleep paralysis is to fall asleep on your arm/leg in an uncomfortable position (ie: at your desk).

I don't see why this seems to be so special to some of you. It happens to everyone every single night, it's just your not consious to realize it.

I don't know why eating real food is so important for you guys, you could just eat pills and corn meal and get the same results. The experience is what counts.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

I think I was briefly coming out of it actually a couple of nights ago as the right side of my body was completely paralysed and I was freaking out, but I actually don't really remember really freaking out...

I don't know. Its complicated. tounge.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (CrowBarZ @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 00:13)
I don't see why this seems to be so special to some of you. It happens to everyone every single night, it's just your not consious to realize it.

Exactly, genius. Do you see it now?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

I've experienced it a few times. It's a really bizarre feeling not being able to move or talk.

I used to see spiders and stuff crawl on my roof. That was the worst because I have a fear of spiders.

Varrio
  • Varrio

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I have experienced sleep paralysis but only because it was induced by alcohol. Like everyone has said it feels like you're being smothered/hard to breathe and you cannot move your limbs even though you're wide awake. It is quite terrifying.

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

So that's sleep paralysis? When you can't move, speak? God, i've been having these SP's like every 5 days. Everytime it's a little scary because i can breathe hardly, and i can't breathe through my mouth. But i just force myself to move somehow, and then the regular day begins... Should try to wait for something next time.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

This morning I was taking a nap. I started to have sleep paralysis. I thought that it might be an oportunity to do lucid dreaming. After a few tries, I slept on my back, the best position for sleep paralysis and damn, it worked! I was in total control of my dreams. That was awesome. You just have to let yourself go in the sleep paralysis and not try to move... Try it, it's worth it! Might take a few tries but you'll work it out.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

My dad had this happen to him once, he said it was terrifying.

I've never had it happen to me (thank god catspider.gif ), so I don't understand why exactly it's so scary to have it happen.

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Chunkyman @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 17:59)
My dad had this happen to him once, he said it was terrifying.

I've never had it happen to me (thank god catspider.gif ), so I don't understand why exactly it's so scary to have it happen.

It's scary because your mind is awake but your body is not. You can only open your eyes. You're trapped in your own body and sometimes you can't breathe properly. What works for me is going totally wild and trying to move my body to the extreme. It seems like the "connection" between body and mind is fixed when I do that.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:56 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 03 August 2012 - 07:59 PM.

I've had it happen to me once in my life. I was on vacation in Mammoth, and was sleeping. Suddenly I was aware that I was conscience. I'm not sure if my eyes were open or not, but I could see the room around me in brief flashes. I saw a dark figure was in the room with me, and I knew what it was. My mother suffers from sleep paralysis. Sometimes every night. She'll be laying there, and from the outside you can see that she's struggling to wake up, and is trying to scream or say something. Until it stops, or somebody physically shakes her to wake up. Usually the latter. She then tells about what she sees. Shadows. People. Monsters. That's how I knew what was happening. it didn't help the terrifying feeling, though.

I'm pretty sure my dad goes through the same thing, except he thinks (I am absolutely not joking) that it's ghosts.

I think I go through a minor form of it, on a regular basis. My body isn't paralyzed, but I see things, when I feel that I'm fully conscience after sleeping. I see things right in front of my face, that when I really wake up, are ridiculous. I've seen tons of bugs, and a few mice. My coat rack is a different person each time it happens. No one I know, just people. But when I see my coat rack, I know instantly I'm just dreaming.

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Since i read NikoGTA4's post, i thought i would try it.. And then i read the other posts, and i changed my mind. :ohgodwhy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users