Photo

Dead Island Riptide

67 replies to this topic
OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:32 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 25 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

user posted image
Official Fackebook page
New game & Price confirmation
First screensshots from PAX 2012
Gametrailers Video interview
"Just google It"

„Braaaaaiins! More braaaaaaaaaaiiiins!

The next battle between life and death will be waged in Dead Island Riptide, currently in development for consoles and PC by Techland.

An extensive reveal of the thrilling new perils that players can expect from this new entry to the Dead Island franchise is planned for later this summer.

Stock up on zombie survival guides, water, ammunition, and watch this space!“

Alpha Fottage

The original Dead Island Garnered loads of interest from its debut trailer And released soon after to praise and critical acclaim. Although with some technical issues for a first IP it was/is quite impressive and made the cut to earn itself a sequel.

Not much is known as of yet about DI:Riptide all known knowledge is posted in links above and i will keep it updated as and when new info comes out.

After re-igniting my love for this game by grabbing the PC version i thought id best make a new topic for the next game after seeing the sorry attempt of a topic previously. If you have any other news iv'e missed please post and i shall update The first post with it.

glenn tha killer
  • glenn tha killer

Irish.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

I`ll be getting an xbox copy when its out moto_whistle.gif

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:50 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 28 July 2012 - 02:53 PM.

The first Dead Island was quite frankly, awful. I tried my hardest to like it, but overall, it has sh*t graphics, sh*t gameplay, sh*t animations, sh*t sound effects, sh*t acting, sh*t fake accents, sh*t and badly thought out story line / side missions. It's full of gimmicks, from the playable characters, from the mini bosses to the rage skill tree, and it isn't actually free roam, like they claimed. The AI is sh*t, weapon modifications are illogical and ridiculous, guns were amazingly weak, even against fellow humans. it had stupid concepts, like snacks and drinks left out for you, even in the sewers, and every where you look, when really it should have had medi packs or something at least half realistic, that you have to ration and save, instead of them being on the floor of every street corner. You couldnt even climb fences on Dead Island. I could go on and on about how much of a fail Dead Island was, but it won't get me any where. I hope this next game is at least 10 times better.

EDIT : Another thing i hated about Dead Island, it didn't have a day / night or weather cycle. And survival mode was kept back as purchasble DLC or pre order bonus, for a zombie game that is just unacceptable, clearly should be part of the standard game.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

i hope this one is good, what i hated most about dead island was the fact that all the zombies were in the exact same place every time they re-spawned.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I hated the complete lack of surviving a zombie apocalypse.

It was just shoot, smash and stab.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

dead island was really really overhyped because of its cinematic trailer

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:01 PM Edited by Stinky12, 30 July 2012 - 03:39 PM.

It's too repetitive, and it get boring really quick. Seems that's how most zombie games are...
The only way to make the game exciting was to add Fist of the dead star mod.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 14:50)
and it isn't actually free roam, like they claimed.

How is it not freeroam?
You can go anywhere once you have unlocked that area, just like GTA games.
GTA not freeroam either???

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

It's like super freeroam, you can even redo chapters if you want.

I really liked Dead Island I, despite the complete lack of survival, cause you got to kill a lot of zombies, which is fun.

And racing with other people online was awesome.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:48 AM Edited by oysterbarron, 28 August 2012 - 07:53 AM.

Dead island riptide is being shown for the first time at pax! check out the official facebook link in op for info.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nicey.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed the first game, so I'm looking forward to this.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

You though Banoi was nice; Welcome to Palanai's 'Paradise'

http://www.allgamesb...st-screens.html

A new character teams up with the 4 Heroes.

Deep Silver today revealed the first details on the next installment of the franchise Dead Island, which will be available in stores in 2013.

After surviving the onslaught of a zombie outbreak on the island paradise of Banoi past, our group of survivors thought to have taken refuge in the shelter to escape this terrifying nightmare. But they were wrong. Shortly after the arrival of the helicopter team fighters fortune on a military ship, a terrible storm hits and wreaks havoc aboard. Suddenly, they find themselves having to fight again for their survival, the raging sea dashing any hope of escape.

Skillfully blending innovation and sound values, Dead Island Riptide recreate the terrifying atmosphere of the original game. Monsoon ravaged archipelago once peaceful and torrential rains have caused considerable damage over large portions of the islands. The city of Henderson and jungle areas of the island of Palanai were engulfed by the waters, leaving the boats as a means of sustainable transport. Dynamic weather conditions force the team to adapt to changes in visibility.

A fifth person joins the team, with an unusual set of skills. The combination of the skills of the entire group will be essential, as new mutations zombies, even more terrifying and deadly, made their appearance on the island.

New missions in defense of basic coordination skills of players in collaborative mode will be pushed into a corner: they will set traps strategically and implement fences and turrets to repel the constant attacks of zombies and protect people who have found refuge in these sanctuaries.

New communication features in cooperative mode will allow players to enjoy a gaming experience even more intense and team strategy.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Also there is this gametrailers video smile.gif

http://www.gametrail...tails-interview

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

http://www.gamefront...sing-bloodbath/

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 05:21)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 14:50)
and it isn't actually free roam, like they claimed.

How is it not freeroam?
You can go anywhere once you have unlocked that area, just like GTA games.
GTA not freeroam either???

It was free roam in the same way Skate 3 is free roam..... (not free roam at all)

Having to go to the pause menu and load other areas is pretty much exactly the same as walking into a tunnel, going through a loading screen and suddenly appearing in a totally different place. so linear.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

It was more open world than freeroam. I remember another popular game that started off with loading screens inbetween areas that was so linear to pmsl!

Im glad the new one resumes from the helicopter as i found the ending a bit short in DI exspecially for the ammount you have todo to get there.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:47 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 04 September 2012 - 05:50 AM.

The only real gripe I have with the first game is that the guns feel waaay under powered. Even if you have all the perks that make guns the best they can be, it feels like you might as well be shooting spitwads.

So I hope one of two things happens. Either have ammo be much less rare, or make head shots actually kill, at least with the Aussie girl that is a supposed firearms expert.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 01:50)
The first Dead Island was quite frankly, awful. I tried my hardest to like it, but overall, it has sh*t graphics, sh*t gameplay, sh*t animations, sh*t sound effects, sh*t acting, sh*t fake accents, sh*t and badly thought out story line / side missions. It's full of gimmicks, from the playable characters, from the mini bosses to the rage skill tree, and it isn't actually free roam, like they claimed. The AI is sh*t, weapon modifications are illogical and ridiculous, guns were amazingly weak, even against fellow humans. it had stupid concepts, like snacks and drinks left out for you, even in the sewers, and every where you look, when really it should have had medi packs or something at least half realistic, that you have to ration and save, instead of them being on the floor of every street corner. You couldnt even climb fences on Dead Island. I could go on and on about how much of a fail Dead Island was, but it won't get me any where. I hope this next game is at least 10 times better.

EDIT : Another thing i hated about Dead Island, it didn't have a day / night or weather cycle. And survival mode was kept back as purchasble DLC or pre order bonus, for a zombie game that is just unacceptable, clearly should be part of the standard game.

I agree with the day/cycle. I only rented the game, but it annoyed me there was no night in a zombie game. mercie_blink.gif

I'm sure the bugs will be ironed out. Not the best comparison, but Assassin's Creed was panned for being repetitive yet Assasin's Creed II sat right with most people.

It's only a young series atm.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

They know how to do first trailers that's for sure!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 05:07)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 01:50)

I agree with the day/cycle. I only rented the game, but it annoyed me there was no night in a zombie game. mercie_blink.gif

I'm sure the bugs will be ironed out. Not the best comparison, but Assassin's Creed was panned for being repetitive yet Assasin's Creed II sat right with most people.

It's only a young series atm.

I thought the same thing about Assassin's Creed as I did Dead Island. It has a few minor flaws that make it average. But under that there is a ton of potential. Vary the missions, tweak the controls, and make the story a little more clear and interesting, and we've got a grade-A game.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

I hope Riptide has the same feel of the trailer. This was not the case with Dead Island. You had this great emotional trailer, but the game felt completely different. I still love the game, I just want a really gripping story and emotion in it this time.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

A lot of people disliked Dead Island but I had a blast playing it! Definitely getting this.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

massive bump

alpha gameplay released

seems more like a DLC than a whole new game tbh confused.gif

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Looks sh*t confused.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

AWESOME!!! CAN TWAIT TO GET IT

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by AceRay, 26 January 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Did anyone else hear about the controversy surrounded the torso pre order package?

http://www.escapistm...ad-Island-Torso

Damn, enough with the censorship guys. Its R18 for a reason, not Paper Mario. I really wanted one too, I might have bought the game.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Looks like the original Dead Island with a new story.

Canceled my Pre-order.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

@Sgt. Foley: It's gonna add something new unlike MLB 2K13!

@AceRay: you are the top comment on that site, right? LOOOOOOL

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Don't bring a different game into this. It doesn't matter , sports games add nothing new. No big deal...

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, Jan 25 2013, 22:36)
Don't bring a different game into this. It doesn't matter , sports games add nothing new. No big deal...

INCORRECT! NBA 2K13 added new stuff, MLB 13 THE SHOW WILL AS WELL. WWE '13 too even tho that's a soap opera more than sports.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users