MLP - FiM - Any bronies here?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic
sclodyon
  • sclodyon

Harbinger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hello people of GTA Forums! I was just wondering if there were any other bronies on here other than myself. If there are, *BROHOOF*!

I've made a brony signature for myself, but you're welcome to use it if you wish. I've uploaded it here - http://tinypic.com/r/ng1ts0/6

So....what's your favourite episode in the FiM series? Mine has to be Bridle Gossip, just for the part where Fluttershy (or Flutterguy XD) sings in her deep monotone voice! It's so funny! I've only just stared watching MLP, but I'm already 9 episodes into Season 1! I'm hooked!

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Have you ever been to a bronies convention (yes there are brony conventions, they exist)? Also, do you have any sexual feelings for the ponies in this cartoon like some bronies do? I just found out about this whole thing from the Howard Stern show a couple days back and I've discovered that it's very real and very weird. There are grown, hairy men that obsess over this show and even masturbate to it, I really can't wrap my head around why this is happening, please help me understand.

sclodyon
  • sclodyon

Harbinger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Thursday, Jul 26 2012, 15:57)
Have you ever been to a bronies convention (yes there are brony conventions, they exist)? Also, do you have any sexual feelings for the ponies in this cartoon like some bronies do? I just found out about this whole thing from the Howard Stern show a couple days back and I've discovered that it's very real and very weird. There are grown, hairy men that obsess over this show and even masturbate to it, I really can't wrap my head around why this is happening, please help me understand.

No, I've never been to a brony convention myself. I've heard of one though, BroNYcon, in New York. No, I don't have any 'sexual feelings' towards the ponies in this cartoon, I just enjoy the show because it has this vibrant and happy feel to it. There is, however, a certain section of bronies that 'clop' to the show - masturbate. I'm not part of that group. For the part about the 'grown, hairy men that obsess over this show and even masturbate to it', I can't really comment on that, seeing as I'm only 14. If you have any other questions about bronies, feel free to reply to this response or PM me.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Are you gay and are the majority of bronies gay? What attracted you to a show designed seemingly for young girls? Did you watch it by mistake and found out you liked it? Is there some deep message behind the shows that all these guys are interested in? What other kind of stuff are you in to? I really want to understand why there's a rather large portion of dudes who are really into this show.

sclodyon
  • sclodyon

Harbinger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:02 PM Edited by sclodyon, 26 July 2012 - 05:06 PM.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Thursday, Jul 26 2012, 16:50)
Are you gay and are the majority of bronies gay? What attracted you to a show designed seemingly for young girls? Did you watch it by mistake and found out you liked it? Is there some deep message behind the shows that all these guys are interested in? What other kind of stuff are you in to? I really want to understand why there's a rather large portion of dudes who are really into this show.

No, I'm not gay, and, contrary to popular belief, the majority of bronies are not gay. What attracted me to the show was the fact that a friend suggested that I watch an episode or two of it, and then I got hooked on it. After I'd watched the first episode I knew I loved it.
There isn't really any deep message behind the show, it's more about basic morals of everyday life, especially friendship - hence why it's called Friendship is Magic. In terms of other TV shows, I'm into things like Hustle, NCIS, CSI: Miami, action films and war films. I guess alot of people tend to think that bronies like MLP and MLP only.

I guess the only true way to find out why guys watch the show is to actually watch it yourself. You might think it's a gay or stupid idea, but you should atleast give it a try. You never know, you might even get into it yourself smile.gif

EDIT: Ah, just watched a bit of one of those Howard Stern videos you were talking about. The guy seems to have a very closed-minded and uneducated view on bronies. He seems to think that every brony 'pleasures' themselves to MLP, when that is not the case. He should've done alot more research on the topic of bronies before he started stating false facts IMO.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think you'll find solidarity on short supply, fella. wink.gif

f*cking cute cartoon but too young for my patience I'd reckon. Same same for Powerpuff Girls, though I can see what they're getting at.

Give me a spongebob any day, though.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

More power to you and your pony passion but I think I'll pass on watching the show because I fear becoming a brony myself and I just don't need anymore adversity in my life, I'm already weird enough. You have to understand how others might view this whole thing as being really odd though, especially that a segment of bronies are apparently not only big fans of the show but also are sexually pleasuring themselves to it. Do you buy the toys and clothing as well and if so, do you wear it out in public?

sclodyon
  • sclodyon

Harbinger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Thursday, Jul 26 2012, 17:14)
More power to you and your pony passion but I think I'll pass on watching the show because I fear becoming a brony myself and I just don't need anymore adversity in my life, I'm already weird enough. You have to understand how others might view this whole thing as being really odd though, especially that a segment of bronies are apparently not only big fans of the show but also are sexually pleasuring themselves to it. Do you buy the toys and clothing as well and if so, do you wear it out in public?

Well, seeing that I've only been a brony for about a month, (my friend told me about it ages ago, but I only started watching it recently) I haven't bought any merchandise yet. I wouldn't buy any of the toys, that's just a bit too childish, but I would consider buying a MLP themed T-shirt, maybe one with a discrete logo used in the show (for example, each pony in the show has their own 'cutie mark' that shows their purpose in life, maybe I could buy a T-shirt with one of those on it).

Yeah, I understand that people are gonna disagree or hate on what people like, but hey, that's just life. There's always gonna be people in this world that disagree with one another, and there isn't really anything you can do to change that. Haters gonna hate, I say.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Does your family know you're a brony and if they do how do they feel about it? Like does your dad know you're super into this? How kiddy is the show too, I've only seen commercials for the toys and it seems kind of infantile, is there actually witty humor involved with it? Are all the ponies girls and are there any bad guys? Sorry for all the questions but this male fandom for a little girls show is really intriguing to me.

sclodyon
  • sclodyon

Harbinger

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Thursday, Jul 26 2012, 17:34)
Does your family know you're a brony and if they do how do they feel about it? Like does your dad know you're super into this? How kiddy is the show too, I've only seen commercials for the toys and it seems kind of infantile, is there actually witty humor involved with it? Are all the ponies girls and are there any bad guys? Sorry for all the questions but this male fandom for a little girls show is really intriguing to me.

Aha it's ok, I actually enjoy answering your questions, gives me something to do XD. No, my family doesn't know I'm a brony, but I think they'd be pretty acceptive of it, seeing as it just means that I like watching a show. The show isn't actually that childish, I've actually laughed a few times at some of the puns and jokes that they make. It's actually quite mature, for a kids show. It's not as patronizing as it may seem, as many other kids shows nowadays are.

There are both male and female ponies, females are called 'fillies' and males are called colts, I think. Yes, there are antagonists in MLP, but I can't really explain much more unless you watch it. Feel free to ask any more questions. XD

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:40 AM Edited by Benjimino234, 27 July 2012 - 01:06 AM.

GTA Forums is fairly Anti-Brony (as you can tell with your other topic that got locked in Off-Gen), I don't mind them honestly - it's their interest so they can whatever that keeps them happy. The following of a 'show for little girls' isn't all that odd really, Spongebob is still a kid show but many people of older ages of the intended demographic like it and I do too, it can be so damn funny at times. I think you'll have to go to a MLP message board to vent your MLP passion/discussions as most people here aren't bronies.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 00:40)
GTA Forums is fairly Anti-Brony (as you can tell with your other topic that got locked in Off-Gen), I don't mind them honestly - it's their interest so they can whatever that keeps them happy. The following of a 'show for little girls' isn't all that odd really, Spongebob is still a kid show but many people of older ages of the intended demographic like it and I do too, it can be so damn funny at times. I think you'll have to go to a MLP message board to vent your MLP passion/discussions as most people here aren't bronies.

it was being flamed by a few particular individuals and got locked for being in the wrong sub-forum - it belongs in TV chat, should have been moved but obviously due to the flamefest waddy locked it. (Or at least I would like to hope it was the flamesfest why it was locked not moved)

A good friend of mine is a brony wink.gif

and it is not odd, actually i watched rugrats not long ago (I am 19) as well as other stuff from my childhood. But honestly, I prefer things where people die (NOT for that reason, people jsut happen to die in the shows i watch now, just so I don't get called strange again)

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 00:40)
GTA Forums is fairly Anti-Brony

Thank god.

I'm on the Bioware Social Network, and the "bronies" there are spammers. It annoys me that this fad hasn't died already.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Wouldn't call myself a brony, but I do find the show enjoyable. Its casualness reminds me of Regular Show.

Nikolauski
  • Nikolauski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Too late to reply but Broohoof /) smile.gif

This post made ​​me create an account ... 'll see around here biggrin.gif

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Mahogany den writer, between the ashtrays and nuts.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I don't even see how anybody can justify watching this show. It's all down to psychological and sexual issues in my opinion. I mean, I'm cool with watching cartoons; Spongebob, Ren and Stimpy, Fairly Odd Parents, etc. etc. but I just can't see the fascination with this program? If it wasn't for the semi-female ponies, I don't think anybody would watch the show. I also don't see how anybody can 'clop' to it.

I stumbled in on a Brony Convention once though, full of mid-pubescant weirdos. notify.gif

Thank god.

I'm on the Bioware Social Network, and the "bronies" there are spammers. It annoys me that this fad hasn't died already.

Respect. Not a God-damn brohoof - Just a simple manly hug will suffice. This fad is, in my opinion, f*cking stupid.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

You can justify it al you want but it is not to be confused with "watching a show" or "being a fan of a show"... It's not even about watching cartoons, because other (older) cartoons can be fun to watch, SpongeBob, old Looney Tunes or whatever, but i don't see masses of people supporting these shows through cosplaying and other lame bs. It's about ponies for christ's sake. OP, you're 14 so you are not really to blame, but people over 20 being proactive in supporting this are. Why oh why is this such a thing? Like EscoLehGo said, i'm truly fascinated. It's nothing more than a weird, phsycological feeding frenzy for weird people. It's just that the internet causes it to be out and about. Generalizing it by saying you're "simply a fan of a show" is just being in complete denial over your own weirdness. Once again OP, it's not directly aimed at you though.

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Bellic 4 life, 02 April 2013 - 02:29 AM.

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 20:13)
You can justify it al you want but it is not to be confused with "watching a show" or "being a fan of a show"... It's not even about watching cartoons, because other (older) cartoons can be fun to watch, SpongeBob, old Looney Tunes or whatever, but i don't see masses of people supporting these shows through cosplaying and other lame bs. It's about ponies for christ's sake. OP, you're 14 so you are not really to blame, but people over 20 being proactive in supporting this are. Why oh why is this such a thing? Like EscoLehGo said, i'm truly fascinated. It's nothing more than a weird, phsycological feeding frenzy for weird people. It's just that the internet causes it to be out and about. Generalizing it by saying you're "simply a fan of a show" is just being in complete denial over your own weirdness. Once again OP, it's not directly aimed at you though.

Are you done with your little tirade there? That was obviously directed at the OP. You called him weird, and you said he was in denial. Stop being a tool.

Yes OP, I am a brony, but you won't find any support for us here. Run while you still can.

BTW, Who's your favorite?

Mine's Vinyl Scratch. tounge2.gif

LeVelocar
  • LeVelocar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:35 AM Edited by LeVelocar, 02 April 2013 - 06:42 AM.

Braeburn 4 lyfe.

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 20:13)

Cute rant.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

I was definitely not aiming at the OP. If so i would've just said so. Doesn't make anything that i say any less true.

Question: how old are you guys? Honestly?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hell no. Bleach is better.

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hello there OP! Yes there are some bronies here like me!

My fave episode? Lesson zero, magic duel, that episode where rarity have to choose either to mingle with the upper class or finish her friend's dress, that episode where fluttershy becomes a bitch and that episode where everyone is racist!

My favourite character? I think my favourite is rarity! She's the funniest of them all! And she has martial arts skills!

LeVelocar
  • LeVelocar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 19:12)
Hell no. Bleach is better.

Pssst! You're allowed to like more than one thing.

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 18:46)
I was definitely not aiming at the OP. If so i would've just said so. Doesn't make anything that i say any less true.

Question: how old are you guys? Honestly?

The same could be said of video games. whatsthat.gif

I'm 18.

Nikolauski
  • Nikolauski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:01 AM Edited by Nikolauski, 30 April 2013 - 08:19 PM.

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 14:22)
I don't even see how anybody can justify watching this show. It's all down to psychological and sexual issues in my opinion. I mean, I'm cool with watching cartoons; Spongebob, Ren and Stimpy, Fairly Odd Parents, etc. etc. but I just can't see the fascination with this program? If it wasn't for the semi-female ponies, I don't think anybody would watch the show. I also don't see how anybody can 'clop' to it.

I stumbled in on a Brony Convention once though, full of mid-pubescant weirdos.  notify.gif

Thank god.

Respect. Not a God-damn brohoof - Just a simple manly hug will suffice. This fad is, in my opinion, f*cking stupid.

Hey man you are right. I like the show, and some reasons why I see the show are psychological and sexual issues. But those are not the only things why I see the show. tounge.gif

I honestly do not know how I can be sexually attracted by these ponies, its weird. smile.gif

In an extreme case it can be some government project to experiment with shapes and designs that sexually attract man, without being silhouettes of women ph34r.gif LOL XD

But seriously, MLP: FIM is funny, made my day and cheers me up. These are the main why i see the show.

-->Tomorrow 3rd Trailer of GTA V

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

lol never seen the show...and I am scared to watch it. However some of my friends mentioned they became bronies and I had no idea what it was until they told me.

It is hard for something like that to be socially acceptable if your a dude watching the show.

But then again there could be a great argument if you start comparing the show to Powerpuff Girls and compare yourself to the people who voice the ponies that are male.

When I was a kid I watched Powerpuff girls, so I can kind of understand the situation, but watching the show was as far as I went.

I think it is past strange, if you are one of the "hairy old guys" that watch the show and get sexually aroused by it.

I need to get out of this thread before I start finding reasons to watch it tounge.gif . Messing around of course, no hate. I just cannot understand how the demographics get changed..

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

Personally Bronies, Furries, Kids who fap to hentai etc all weird me out a little bit. My gut reaction is to go against it but tbh as long as they're not hurting anyone and they enjoy themselves who's to stop them. Homosexuality is pretty much widely accepted by society so there's no reason why we shouldn't accept this. I do think that there is a deeper psychological/ sexual issue with bronies and furries etc but that's just me.

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 19:40)
Personally Bronies, Furries, Kids who fap to hentai etc all weird me out a little bit. My gut reaction is to go against it but tbh as long as they're not hurting anyone and they enjoy themselves who's to stop them. Homosexuality is pretty much widely accepted by society so there's no reason why we shouldn't accept this. I do think that there is a deeper psychological/ sexual issue with bronies and furries etc but that's just me.

regular hentai sucks, male on male hentai is better.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (sclodyon @ Thursday, Jul 26 2012, 17:02)
No, I'm not gay, and, contrary to popular belief, the majority of bronies are not gay.

Bullsh*t, and Bullsh*t .

I hereby claim:
Double Bullsh*t!

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Bronies are either gay or bi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users