Photo

GTA V Controls for the PS3/XBOX

43 replies to this topic
22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ok so iv noticed that some people were not happy with the controls from IV so they changed them back to the classic GTA: SA controls while other people preferred the new controls.

So basically what I'm asking is if you could how would you change the controls on GTA V. How do you want them to be set when your on foot, melee combat, gun combat, driving bikes(bicycles), cars, planes, boats, etc.

Remember that when you flew a plain in GTA: SA we use L2 and R2(don't know the XBOX ones...sorry) to change the direction of the vertical tail rudder so what do you think it will be this time.

What about all these other new features such as more advanced combat or the vehicle features(lowering/raising the roof, indicating, refueling, hydraulics, etc) and more.

Please say if the controls you came up with are for XBOX or PS first that way people don't waste time reading what they won't understand and instead can just skip to the console they know.

Try be creative and have fun with it tounge.gif

Lock if needed.

100 + 10 + 1

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

I thought the controls in GTA IV were just fine. In terms of planes, if controls are similar to BF3 (right analog stick to go up and down, R2 for acceleration and L2 for deceleration), I'd be happy as a clam.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

They were fine, but I want a weapon wheel.

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

I changed back to classic, but I accepted the new ones (made stickies easier in TBoGT). Keep them as they are but I dislike one control-set having an advantage over another.
They probably will keep them, as using trigger buttons (L2 R2 for PS and RT LT for xbox) is the way of this generation, particularly with driving, allows more control than jsut a button cos you can control the degree of acceleration or sometimes shooting.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (poklane @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 20:30)

This. They were fine, imo.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

BAS3D

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 20:38)
QUOTE (poklane @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 20:30)

This. They were fine, imo.

That minus the weapon wheel. I prefer the classic scroll method.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

In terms of on-foot the controls were perfect and nothing needs to be changed, but for the driving they should have a 'control wheel' which is basically the equivalent of a weapon wheel, but it has vehicle functions such as indicators, convertible roof, engine on/off, toggle full beam on/off, trunk/hood open/close, car doors lock/unlock etc. Tapping circle (instead of holding) would activate NOS if it is installed, as it's a quicker shortcut instead of holding the button and choosing your option.

The indicators would obviously be on the sides though so it easier to use while actually driving.
Holding down circle and putting the left stick to the side you want to indicate to.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

The controls were fine. What I want is for there to be more functionality from those controls.
  • The sequential weapon cycling is pointless nostalgia at this point. Only being able to carry one of each weapon is just annoying...especially when it comes to weapon cheats. RDR did it right with the weapon wheel. RDR actually did a lot of stuff right that I'd love to see in GTAV.
  • Manual aiming is one of those things RDR did right. Autoaim should not go away, but manual aim should be given more focus so as to be improved for those that use it. It feels like R* treated it like an unimportant afterthought for IV. I hope they carry over RDR's manual aim functionality which was really great.
  • More fluid climbing animations. The rooftop chase in Broker and the warehouse climbing with Packie really highlighted just how limited the climbing and traversal is in IV.
  • Cover animations need improving too.
  • I'd love to see an independent control for when you're holding a gun. In IV you only melee with your gun when you're extremely close to your target and even then it's really wonky and unresponsive. Let us hit people with the butt of our gun without worrying that we'll accidentally shoot them.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

I've never heard of someone changing the controls but eitherway I dont care tbh, their choice imo.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I want them the way that they were originally in GTA IV not no A or X to drive, what the hell is that. Go play GTA SA if you want that.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (poklane @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 12:30)

Exactly what I think.

mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 21:35)
I want them the way that they were originally in GTA IV not no A or X to drive, what the hell is that. Go play GTA SA if you want that.

There's no reason for them to force the switch. Many people like driving with X or A, and some of them for different reasons. For example, what if someone has arthritis and has a little more trouble with their fingers or something like that? Even ignoring people's potential health problems, we should have the choice of sticking with the classic controls just because there's nothing forcing a switch. Whether it's out of preference, tradition, or necessity, they should at least leave the option of Classic.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

I bet 1 million dollars that in GTA V there is going to be classic controls

mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 21:48)
I bet 1 million dollars that in GTA V there is going to be classic controls

What makes you feel that way?

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

I love women and money

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

I want the controls the same as gta 4.

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (foohy @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 20:54)
The controls were fine. What I want is for there to be more functionality from those controls.
  • The sequential weapon cycling is pointless nostalgia at this point. Only being able to carry one of each weapon is just annoying...especially when it comes to weapon cheats. RDR did it right with the weapon wheel. RDR actually did a lot of stuff right that I'd love to see in GTAV.
  • Manual aiming is one of those things RDR did right. Autoaim should not go away, but manual aim should be given more focus so as to be improved for those that use it. It feels like R* treated it like an unimportant afterthought for IV. I hope they carry over RDR's manual aim functionality which was really great.
  • More fluid climbing animations. The rooftop chase in Broker and the warehouse climbing with Packie really highlighted just how limited the climbing and traversal is in IV.
  • Cover animations need improving too.
  • I'd love to see an independent control for when you're holding a gun. In IV you only melee with your gun when you're extremely close to your target and even then it's really wonky and unresponsive. Let us hit people with the butt of our gun without worrying that we'll accidentally shoot them.

u said what u want... biggrin.gif nothing about controls... btw: i would be happy if they set the controls just like in RDR or keep the IV one

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

I actually want classic control scheme like in San Andreas for PS2, where X is for accelerating the car etc. I don't really like driving the car with R2 =)

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:10 PM Edited by 22ka, 30 July 2012 - 05:15 PM.

PS3

()=hold
[]=tap

On Foot:
X=jog/douge/block[sprint]
Square=jump/kick(hold for climbing walls/mountains/buildings)
Triangle=enter vehicle/hijack/headbutt/climb ladder
Circle=punch/push/dropdown(cancle interaction)
Analoug L=move{more you move the stick the faster you WALK}[start conversation]
Analoug R=camera[end conversation with ped]
D up=cell phone(recruit into gang)
D left=weapon cycle(negative ped reply)
D right=weapon cycle(positive ped reply)
D down=show hidden HUD icons(disband gang)
Select=skip travel during missions(emergency phone calls/command gang)
Start=pause(menu)
L1=interact with enviroment/call taxi/put in boot(repair vehicle that's not on fire)
R1=stealth mode(while in fighting stance switch styles)
L2=lock on
R2=throw

What you guys think?

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

The controls don't even need to be changed. I was more than pleased with the layout in GTA IV. Keep it the same. If there is any slight change, there should just be a button to control the convertible top of certain vehicles.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

The controls are perfect IMO. (played with a ps3 controller(with 360 emulator) on pc.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 20:44)
In terms of on-foot the controls were perfect and nothing needs to be changed, but for the driving they should have a 'control wheel' which is basically the equivalent of a weapon wheel, but it has vehicle functions such as indicators, convertible roof, engine on/off, toggle full beam on/off, trunk/hood open/close, car doors lock/unlock etc. Tapping circle (instead of holding) would activate NOS if it is installed, as it's a quicker shortcut instead of holding the button and choosing your option.

The indicators would obviously be on the sides though so it easier to use while actually driving.
Holding down circle and putting the left stick to the side you want to indicate to.

That would be an awesome addition to GTA. Similar to TDU.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

^
Yeah, I really like this idea. It sounds complicated but, feeling my controller, it would actually be much more intuitive than it sounds. The only one that would be necessary to use in quick situations is the indicators, and those are the most simple to access. I enjoy having more functionality with any aspect of the game and this allows for that without having to set everything to some random button. I think this should be the case for more than just vehicles, as well.

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Raynos @ Wednesday, Jul 25 2012, 14:18)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 24 2012, 20:44)

That would be an awesome addition to GTA. Similar to TDU.

This was actually my suggestion back in the thread about more vehicle controls; though I had suggested it be the direction arrows instead of the left stick because you will likely need to steer while you are setting your signals. Left and Right would be signals, up would be convertible top control, down could be cruise control (to make shooting from a vehicle easier).

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:01 PM Edited by 22ka, 30 July 2012 - 05:18 PM.

PS3

()=hold
[]=tap

Swimming:
X=fast swim(normal freestyle)[fast freestlye]
Square=jump
Circle=short dive/stealth dive(deep dive)
Triangle=hijack/climb ladder/enter vehicle
L Analouge=move/swim[douge bullets]
R Analouge=camera(quick look back)
Select=commit sucide(emergency call of friends with boat)
Start=pause

What you guys think?

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

There ok. i just think you shouldn't have to hold x/a to run normally.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

They could easily clear up a button if they just allow you to run by pushing the analog stick as far as it can go. Push it a little to walk, a little more to jog, and the furthest to run.

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Monday, Jul 30 2012, 17:07)

Why not, I personally like it. It makes seperating walking normaly from running that way you can look like a normal ped.

I know this is off topic but did anyone else notic that the peds don't get tired from running at top speed?

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (22ka @ Monday, Jul 30 2012, 17:22)
QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Monday, Jul 30 2012, 17:07)

Why not, I personally like it. It makes seperating walking normaly from running that way you can look like a normal ped.

I know this is off topic but did anyone else notic that the peds don't get tired from running at top speed?

yeah but if I wanna walk I'll just not push the thumbstick all the way forward. I guess they could make it optional.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

I want them the same as in IV.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

same controls as before