Photo

SunShine Autos Glitch

10 replies to this topic
ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

I was completing the first list of the Sunshine autos for my thread on it when this glitch happened. I'm not sure if this have been discussed here before. When I completed the first list the note saying "here's a surprise" popped in my screen and they showed the cutscene of a Deluxo. During that cutscene I typed the cheat BIGBANG just for fun! and saved my game and turned off my computer. After about 6 hours I re-started Vice City and the carcass of the blown up Deluxo was still there!! I went around the city assuming that it might disappear but it didn't, It is not usual right? It still spawns there.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:34 PM Edited by Spuds725, 27 July 2012 - 10:36 PM.

Never heard of that one...

Please come back and let us know if it ever shows up as not blown up.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

It still remains blown up. But luckily I pushed the carcass out of Sunshine Autos, now it spawns outside of it...

Here's my save BTW: http://gtasnp.com/download/31997

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Maybe we've finally found why they have the warnings that say "Warning: One or more cheats have been activated. It is recommended not to save your game".

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Then it must be a bug that happens when you type BIGBANG in the cutscene. icon14.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:37 PM Edited by Frank.s, 29 July 2012 - 01:42 PM.

The bug is caused by the Deluxo in the cutscene being spawned in a different way to normal parked cars that disappear when they are far away from the player. Cars that get spawned using the create_car opcode don't have the "far-distance-removal" feature, instead they stay in the same place without disappearing. When you blew up the create_car-spawned deluxo, the scm scripting wasn't able to remove the permanent mission car to allow the traditional "far-distance-removal" deluxo to get spawned which is the 2nd deluxo that appeared after you moved the original one away from the area.

..A load of tech sh*t but it's true.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Makes sense to me mercie_blink.gif

I'll take your word for it..

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

To summarize that, mission cars are treated differently from traffic cars. That's the reason why mission cars don't disappear during missions and traffic cars do. When a mission ends, mission cars are converted to traffic cars so that they will disappear properly. But if you f*ck up the process, then something like this will happen.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Only way to lose it is to toss into blue hell... But since it's destroyed it's going to be very difficult.
Maybe if you toss it into water, it might be falling down the water until it reaches the blue hell limit.
Ooooor you can push it into the garage! Let the door close and viola.
You can drive it and toss it anywhere you want. A Deluxo with a never disappearing ability seems interesting.

I never use a cheat in any save not even if it's just for fun, if I use cheat - I don't save.
I only use them when I get pissed off, I enter weapon cheats health and armour cheats, and show the world how pissed I am, usually if I fail a mission, get wasted, busted, etc...

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

I just typed the cheat again and it went away.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 15:47)
I just typed the cheat again and it went away.

You mean in my save?? dontgetit.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users