» «
Photo

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

14 replies to this topic
TSM_Cobra
  • TSM_Cobra

General of The Silent Mercenaries

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:25 AM Edited by TSM_Cobra, 23 July 2012 - 10:28 AM.

user posted image
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is an American independent sitcom that premiered on FX on August 4, 2005. New episodes continue to air on FX, with reruns playing on Comedy Central, general broadcast syndication, and WGN America—the first cable-to-cable syndication deal for a sitcom. The show was created, developed, and produced by Rob McElhenney, Glenn Howerton and Charlie Day, all of whom star in the show. The series follows the exploits of "The Gang," a group of self-centered friends who run Paddy's Pub, a relatively unsuccessful Irish bar in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Today, new seasons are coming down. Season 5 is yet to come.

Please, reply jokes, fun facts, your opinion, or a comment in the replies.

This show is my favorite, and I want to know what others think.

user posted image

CODE
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/842060/Profile_Page_FX_Sunny_JPEG_square_medium.jpg

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

I love this show, I discovered it late but it's really brilliant. They some how make terrible people fun to watch because the gang really are a bunch of self absorbed, morally bankrupt assholes. My favorite episode so far is when frank is on some kind of bender and is trying to see how "weird things can get". Also when he said when he dies he just wants his kids to throw him in the trash instead of paying for a funeral, I was in tears, that sh*t was too fuxking funny.

Kurber
  • Kurber

SRMC VP / Trilllion

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

The funniest show i've seen in a while.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

I really enjoyed the first season of this show. It's got a sort of cult following here in Ireland. I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it as much as the season go on. The first two episodes had me in knots laughing. Absolutely amazing. Maybe we are watching too much of it in one go.

Sorry for the bump but didn't want to make a whole new topic.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

I almost didnt click because I actually LOVE this f*cking show

dannyz
  • dannyz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

I found this show late but ow it's my Favorite show on tv. It dosen't get a lot of attention form award shows or the media but I like the cult following it has and being underrated.

Wildcard Bitches.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

One of my favorites, for sure.

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Haven't finished season 8 yet, but this is certainly in my list of favorites.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hate to be "that" guy here, but I watched the first episode and I just didn't really get into it. I haven't watched anymore after that but I just didn't really think I would enjoy it if I didn't enjoy the first episode. Should I try watching a few more before I give up on it?

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 02:27)
Hate to be "that" guy here, but I watched the first episode and I just didn't really get into it. I haven't watched anymore after that but I just didn't really think I would enjoy it if I didn't enjoy the first episode. Should I try watching a few more before I give up on it?

It may not be your type of comedy.

A lot of people compare it to Seinfeld, in the way that all the characters are very self-centered & selfish, except in this show it's like times fifty and a lot more vulgar.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Has the eighth season just started? I'll have to give it a shot and see what they're up to.

I used to really adore this show. the 1st and 2nd seasons were hysterical, and at that time I could see how it was like "Seinfeld on crack." Really good plots and believable situations are what really bolstered its comedic value in my opinion. And then from the 3rd season onward it just became too wacky for my taste. It certainly continued to have its moments (Pepe Silvia), but the characters all just became too extreme and it lost that charm which made me like it so much in the first place (i.e. Charlie became absolutely insane, Dennis a HUGE narcissist, etc.). It may as well just be a cartoon at that point.

I'll try and check out this new season, though. One thing's for sure and that is the show seems to evolve into something new over the course of several seasons, so it'll at least be interesting to see what it's become. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

I enjoyed the season premiere.  The slap shtickiness of Sweet Dee doing the dry heave gets me every time.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Always Sunny is an incredibly underrated show.

people who know about it know that it's one of the funniest sitcoms ever made.

people who don't know about it tend to have never even heard of it.

it's weird.

but it's also cool how all of the actors on the show are married to each other. Mac and Dee, Charlie and the Waitress, Dennis and the boat model.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

^ Wow, didn't know Charlie was married to the Waitress. Pretty cool.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

yeah I think that's awesome.

they were basically a group of best friends who wrote a TV show together and made it happen.

now they're rich and married to each other :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users