• This topic is locked This topic is locked
224 replies to this topic
Kov
  • Kov

Phosphor Heart

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

Unexpected comeback with unexpected snowfall!

vicecrywinteredition.png

th_gta-vc2014-12-0816-31-53-07.pngth_gta-vc2014-12-0816-39-18-96.pngth_GTA-vc2014-12-0816-45-10-30.pngth_gta-vc2014-12-0816-32-05-96.png

Stay tuned.

• Silent, Jinx., undertaker fan and 12 others like this

Victor_Knight
  • Victor_Knight

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by Victor_Knight, 11 December 2014 - 11:19 AM.

Unexpected comeback with unexpected snowfall!

Man, thats charming! But... how about bugfixes anyway? :santa:  :bbq:

• IlyaKostygov likes this

Kov
  • Kov

Phosphor Heart

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:07 AM

Sorry for my late reply - I think there will be a patch for Vice Cry 1.8 but can't tell exactly.

I'm busy person right now - so many projects in my university... f*@#ing QGIS D:

Vice Cry Winter Edition is almost done - it's going to be a standalone version of heavily modified Vice Cry 1.8.

Also, I've discovered some great tools (VC:Weather made by AK-73) and now I'm testing it. This might be a fundamental change for the whole weather system in the mod.

• undertaker fan, Victor_Knight, Neddo and 2 others like this

Kov
  • Kov

Phosphor Heart

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:06 AM

Winter Edition Trailer ftw!

• Silent, undertaker fan, Mr. Jago and 5 others like this

Neddo
  • Neddo

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:04 AM

Peds shouldn't wear those light clothes! but it looks epic

• undertaker fan likes this

Kov
  • Kov

Phosphor Heart

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by Kov, 22 December 2014 - 09:01 AM.

After a few (free :D) days and some (not free D:) beers... I finally found the download button!

Vice Cry - Winter Edition:

78374.png

Enjoy!

GTA-vc_2014-12-22_09-15-59-69.avi_snapsh

• ThirteenAG, Silent, Jinx. and 9 others like this

BasicallyDrunK
  • BasicallyDrunK

That one silent loser.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:17 PM Edited by BassicalyDrunK, 22 December 2014 - 12:17 PM.

Love how Tommy only wears that hat, with no jacket, like "f*ck cold."

• Kov, undertaker fan and Mr. Jago like this

lopezloo
  • lopezloo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by lopezloo, 25 December 2014 - 08:20 PM.

Any chance to made it working with VC-MP? I removed all ASI plugins and this doesn't work too. Propably I need play with clear exe but it's crashing on the load.

sseebbyy
  • sseebbyy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:17 PM Edited by sseebbyy, 27 December 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Any chance to made it working with VC-MP? I removed all ASI plugins and this doesn't work too. Propably I need play with clear exe but it's crashing on the load.

Heh, if the team will do a version for VC:MP (0.4), I will surely use it. :D

But be careful, since VC:MP is a multiplayer game, it will require to still use the standard number of objects (and colisions) of Vice City, and maybe other few standards/limits.

PS: You can add your own custom objects now, in VC:MP.

Would look epic a VC:MP server with Vice Cry features. :D

(if there is any intention, I can give some help too in porting your mod to vcmp)

Ihtisham_Ali_Mods
  • Ihtisham_Ali_Mods

Player Hater

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

Bro when i click on gta vc.exe it says unhandled expressions please help me

Ihtisham_Ali_Mods
  • Ihtisham_Ali_Mods

Player Hater

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

Please anybody tells me i install vc cry 1.8 when i click on gta vc.exe it says unhandled expressions

TheD.
  • TheD.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Sorry guys, but 1.8 doesn't work with VC-MP and there's not a chance it will, even with multiple modifications and adjustements. The current version uses different .img files structure, as Kov mentioned... Some time ago. Anyways, VC-MP works with modded .img files, for instance (so, you basically can see and drive new vehicles, etc.), but we've had to split the main archive into few smaller ones, which contain particular types of models and textures. It's not a modification, it's a reorganization from the scratch.

Vice City doesn't have a problem with them, but VC-MP is whole different story.

Also, limits, mentioned by sseebbyy - 1.8 replaces AND adds plenty of new models. So many that game didn't work properly at first - thanks to Silent that was fixed, but it required few "magical" improvements, so it's one more reason for VC-MP not to work.

And finally, third reason - collisions and interiors. As you may (or may not) know, 1.8 introduced many new interiors in Vice City - some are hidden, some not, but you can explore all of them, which could cause problems in MP. I remember modifying .ipl files in GTA SA and playing SA-MP with friends after, years ago. My client detected new collisions, theirs didn't. That was a mess, really.

On the other hand, deleting them would be pointless and using original models without them would be even worse.

Considering all these reasons (and many others I didn't mention), there's no way that 1.8 would work with VC-MP or any other multiplayer mod, unless it'd be designed especially for that purpose (which is of course, handling 1.8).

However, I've found a modded 1.7 two (?) years ago somewhere on the web - it was made to work with VC-MP, but I don't remember where it was, I don't know if it really works, if it's still in development  and isn't it gonna blow up your PC after installing.

Bro when i click on gta vc.exe it says unhandled expressions please help me

Please, specify your problem (do you know what's the code and adress of the unhandled exception?), tell us anything about your computer (like what operating system you use) and your copy of GTA VC. Did you install 1.8 on a clean, legal copy of Vice City?

• undertaker fan likes this

sseebbyy
  • sseebbyy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

Too bad. :(

However, I've found a modded 1.7 two (?) years ago somewhere on the web - it was made to work with VC-MP, but I don't remember where it was, I don't know if it really works, if it's still in development  and isn't it gonna blow up your PC after installing.

I think you are talking about VCVE (Vice City Visual Enchaments) :D

I forgot about it too, so I will give it a try again. I remember it to be good enough. 

For the one who wants VCVE, just google it. I will give no link, but it's the first in google. (VCVE v0.2)

Good luck with the project and thanks for the reply ! :)

Victor_Knight
  • Victor_Knight

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:59 AM Edited by Victor_Knight, 02 January 2015 - 07:01 AM.

Sorry for my late reply - I think there will be a patch for Vice Cry 1.8 but can't tell exactly.

I'm busy person right now - so many projects in my university... f*@#ing QGIS D:

Vice Cry Winter Edition is almost done - it's going to be a standalone version of heavily modified Vice Cry 1.8.

Also, I've discovered some great tools (VC:Weather made by AK-73) and now I'm testing it. This might be a fundamental change for the whole weather system in the mod.

Heh, we're all pretty busy persons, I'm studying too, but my 'pain in ass' is C++ for this moment.  :D

Congrats on new release and wishing everybody a belated Happy New Year. Posted some notes about Winter Edition on a resource where I belong with little help from our admins.

• Kov likes this

Kov
  • Kov

Phosphor Heart

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:30 AM

This is it. Final comparison. Original GTA Vice City vs Vice Cry.

(Patch 1.8.1 release date: 11.03.2015)

• MW_29, Masny, Silent and 6 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users