» «
Photo

[WIP|EFLC] GTA Vice City Classic on Rage

45 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:00 AM Edited by nkjellman, 22 July 2012 - 02:04 AM.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 01:51)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 03:43)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 01:31)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 00:50)
QUOTE (Zom-B @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 22:45)
I get such a strong impression of camaraderie in this forum..  bored.gif

Yeah i see what you mean, this place is odd like that. Instead of the whole forum being like one family, the individual mod teams tend to stick together and go against other teams. Alliances and refusals to help are based upon what members of which team have pissed off what members of another team. Its been like that recently with TC teams, not sure about the other more specific mod forums, coding, vehicles, etc, on GTAF. I wonder if it was like this years ago, doubt it.

Somehow everyone has another opinion about how VC should look on rage. GTA3, only 2 conversions, major differences between the two even.

SA, no one would dare to compete with us, they would waste their time. tounge.gif

Hey, hopefully something good will come out of all this.

The SOL team plans to start work on Rage. Maybe all of our projects can join together for that. They use IV SA model conversions for San Andreas, ether VC Classic, or VC Rage model conversions for VC, and III Rage Classic for LC.

I know your going to be all like, IV has map bounds bla bla bla. I'm sure they can be hacked, and they said that they have already cracked SA's map bounds. I'm sure if someone puts their time into it, they can crack IV's map bounds, which I would like. If we had cracked bounds, I could install maps like Red Dead Desert or mountainus maps, with out them interfering with LC's New York feel. No offense to those who make add on maps, but its weird having them there next to LC. It just doesn't seem right. But it would be cool if they could be far away so LC can have its New York feel, and those maps can have their own feel.

One timecyc for LC+VC+SA, IMPOSSIBRU.

@MegaMario1500 , TPB.

Really. Hmm, one timecyc seemed to work in the VC version of SOL. They can do a realistic timecyc too.

Also, if they decide to do it, and hack the bounds, What makes you think they won't make it so they can use multiple timecyc's?

I know you think I'm talking impossible here, but it can be done if someone looks into it. It would take a lot of time, and a serious coder, and you have seen what they have done with Vice City.

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:09 AM Edited by MegaMario1500, 22 July 2012 - 02:12 AM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 02:00)

Yeah i see what you mean, this place is odd like that. Instead of the whole forum being like one family, the individual mod teams tend to stick together and go against other teams. Alliances and refusals to help are based upon what members of which team have pissed off what members of another team. Its been like that recently with TC teams, not sure about the other more specific mod forums, coding, vehicles, etc, on GTAF. I wonder if it was like this years ago, doubt it.

Somehow everyone has another opinion about how VC should look on rage. GTA3, only 2 conversions, major differences between the two even.

SA, no one would dare to compete with us, they would waste their time. tounge.gif

The SOL team plans to start work on Rage. Maybe all of our projects can join together for that. They use IV SA model conversions for San Andreas, ether VC Classic, or VC Rage model conversions for VC, and III Rage Classic for LC.

I know your going to be all like, IV has map bounds bla bla bla. I'm sure they can be hacked, and they said that they have already cracked SA's map bounds. I'm sure if someone puts their time into it, they can crack IV's map bounds, which I would like. If we had cracked bounds, I could install maps like Red Dead Desert or mountainus maps, with out them interfering with LC's New York feel. No offense to those who make add on maps, but its weird having them there next to LC. It just doesn't seem right. But it would be cool if they could be far away so LC can have its New York feel, and those maps can have their own feel.

@MegaMario1500 , TPB.

Really. Hmm, one timecyc seemed to work in the VC version of SOL. They can do a realistic timecyc too.

Also, if they decide to do it, and hack the bounds, What makes you think they won't make it so they can use multiple timecyc's?

I know you think I'm talking impossible here, but it can be done if someone looks into it. It would take a lot of time, and a serious coder, and you have seen what they have done with Vice City.

Well, i'm not sure of this, but the data folder of SOL has timecycs for LC, VC and SA

@Blaster_nl

I know i can do that, but it's the only GTA missing on my collection (i got away from GTAF in mid/end-2009 and only came back this year, so i missed EFLC for PC, but not for 360)(and i can't play the online if i do that ).

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 02:09)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 02:00)

@MegaMario1500 , TPB.

Well, i'm not sure of this, but the data folder of SOL has timecycs for LC, VC and SA

@Blaster_nl

I know i can do that, but it's the only GTA missing on my collection (i got away from GTAF in 2009 and only came back this year, so i missed EFLC for PC, but not for 360)(and i can't play the online if i do that ).

So, what happens if you already own a copy of EFLC? I guess you cant play online? I wonder if on consoles, they release an update in your country so you can't play EFLC. As for PC, I'm sure you can play it. They may of stopped you from being able to install it. (you probably can't activate the game.)

You can always pirate EFLC, or you might be able to order it from someone in another country.

But this does make me wonder if the rated A version of San Andreas is allowed in any other country. The one with Hot Coffee. I know its banned in the US.

However lets not get too far off topic.

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:21 AM Edited by MegaMario1500, 22 July 2012 - 02:25 AM.

Actually GTA EFLC 360 isn't allowed too, maybe because of that scandal of the portuguese song that plays in Maisonette (please look for it, it's a long story and i get mad because of that, oh and i ordered EFLC, some places in Brazil still get it, only a few).

EDIT: (And GTA isn't easy to find here selling, but pirated is really easy to find :\ That's why i got Max Payne 3 already, i'm almost sure soon it's not going to be allowed *sigh* Brazil sucks when it comes to gamnig).

Let's get ontopic, shall we?

You plan to use what Tommy, the cutscene or gameplay model? And vehicles, XBOX or PC?

NHH
  • NHH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

just two question: why would you do another Vice City on Rage mod? there is already one... and why wouldn't someone make a Vice City on rage mod in present days? everybody knows V will be set in Los Santos present days and Liberty City was remade in IV, Vice City is the only city left without a remake in the present days.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (NHH @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 10:03)
Why wouldn't someone make a Vice City on rage mod in present days? everybody knows V will be set in Los Santos present days and Liberty City was remade in IV, Vice City is the only city left without a remake in the present days.

Link icon14.gif

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (NHH @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 12:03)
just two question: why would you do another Vice City on Rage mod? there is already one... and why wouldn't someone make a Vice City on rage mod in present days? everybody knows V will be set in Los Santos present days and Liberty City was remade in IV, Vice City is the only city left without a remake in the present days.

Vice City 2

RussianCJ
  • RussianCJ

VCR Lead Programmer

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

GTA Vice City Rage Classic is a complete conversion of GTA VC with original textures into GTA IV, using the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine .

1. Vice Cry is a mod for the original Vice City. The mod replaces the old to the new textures in HD quality, but also adds novy island near the stadium.

I think, that the mod description is wrong.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (NHH @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 10:03)

The present day is boring, Vice City was in the f*cking great 80s!

I hope this goes ahead, I'm tired of seeing many map mods starting but but few completed.
About the palms, I really don't care about if they are the original of the game or not, I prefer having something of better quality although is not exact from the original game.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Can you show some progress? alien.gif

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:44 PM Edited by Sebianoti, 16 August 2012 - 06:11 PM.

*removed*

X_Fire
  • X_Fire

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Is this mod Dead? confused.gif

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (X_Fire @ Thursday, Sep 6 2012, 10:44)
Is this mod Dead? confused.gif

Well the authors are making sure it seems that way...

Been waiting on an update for well over a month,

Crystallas
  • Crystallas

Original GTA 1 BETA Tester

• Members

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

After a page of people saying, "Why do the mod, what's the point, join other projects, ect", I'm sure the author is excited to continue the project.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Crystallas @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 21:16)
After a page of people saying, "Why do the mod, what's the point, join other projects, ect", I'm sure the author is excited to continue the project.

If someone tells you to jump of the bridge would you do it?
if someone tells you to kill yourself would you do it?
if someone... i can go on all day, you only got yourself to blame if you listen to people who don't agree with what you are doing.

Crystallas
  • Crystallas

Original GTA 1 BETA Tester

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Sebianoti @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 10:19)
QUOTE (Crystallas @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 21:16)

If someone tells you to jump of the bridge would you do it?
if someone tells you to kill yourself would you do it?
if someone... i can go on all day, you only got yourself to blame if you listen to people who don't agree with what you are doing.

Hyperbole =/= real world

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users