Multiplayer Aircraft Locations

30 replies to this topic
Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

In GTA IV there were different locations on that map in which helicopters would spawn for your use. I was thinking about the different options where they could put the aircraft's for GTA V (Other then the airport obviously).

My best idea would be a Battleship off the coast of Los Angeles with Jet's & Military Copters galore on board.

Share your ideas!

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:40 PM Edited by r0eladn, 20 July 2012 - 06:43 PM.

The position of helicopters and planes in multiplayer is very important.

The person who finds a helicopter in IV has a big advantage in a few game modes, not all of them.

A little more ontopic perhaps:
Police headquarters.
Ambulance helicopter at a hospital.

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 18:40)
The position of helicopters and planes in multiplayer is very important.

The person who finds a helicopter in IV has a big advantage in a few game modes, not all of them.

Exactly...I think they should spread them out more for GTA V as well...gives players a chance to get one faster and defend themselves...

I'm sure they will since the map will be huge

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Planes should be more frequent in Multplayer than helicopters.

Reason being, although I enjoy flying planes more than helis, helis are just more useful in MP because of their hovering opposed to a jet's non-stop high speed. Unless R* makes the hydra similar to the one in SA in which yo can hover. Then, that will be the best vehicle in the whole game hands down and should probaly not even be featured in MP.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

I think the number of aircraft on the map in multiplayer should be equal to or higher than the number of people in a full lobby. That way when the inevitable happens, and the fighter jet trolls show up, there are enough planes for somone to get one and shoot them down.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:48 PM Edited by r0eladn, 20 July 2012 - 06:51 PM.

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 18:45)

Reason being, although I enjoy flying planes more than helis, helis are just more useful in MP because of their hovering opposed to a jet's non-stop high speed. Unless R* makes the hydra similar to the one in SA in which yo can hover. Then, that will be the best vehicle in the whole game hands down and should probaly not even be featured in MP.

Jets will always be on the top of the food chain.
If someone has a jet in multiplayer, there should be the ability to take it down from the ground. Like heat seeking missiles which move much faster than the RPG and go after heat. (hence, heatseeking tounge.gif )

But helicopters will indeed be more useful.

And i dont see it happening we will be able to have passengers in a Hydra, let alone doing a 'drive by' with it.

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

If they don't put the Jet in Multiplayer GTA V will be a HUGE failure for me

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:51 PM Edited by gionascm2, 20 July 2012 - 06:53 PM.

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 14:48)

And i dont see it happening we will be able to have passengers in a Hydra, let alone doing a 'drive by' with it.

The most I expect out of the hydra is being able to hover; I highly doubt it would be capable of carrying 2 people. Lol that would be funny to do a drive by, though. the pilot is hovering and the passenger's just shooting nearby helicopters with an RPG tounge.gif

@Ben_GTAV: What, the Cropduster isn't good enough for you? But I agree, I will be pretty sad if the hydra isn't featured in Multiplayer. But c'mon its Rockstar, of course they will put the hydra in MP smile.gif

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

user posted image

If one of these was docked close to the coast with ladders leading up the side of the ship that would be AWESOME

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

I dont want to get too off topic, but in case of an aircraft carrier, these should be on board:

user posted image

My favorite gun of all time.

(dutch invention btw.)

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 18:51)
QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 14:48)

The most I expect out of the hydra is being able to hover; I highly doubt it would be capable of carrying 2 people. Lol that would be funny to do a drive by, though. the pilot is hovering and the passenger's just shooting nearby helicopters with an RPG tounge.gif

@Ben_GTAV: What, the Cropduster isn't good enough for you? But I agree, I will be pretty sad if the hydra isn't featured in Multiplayer. But c'mon its Rockstar, of course they will put the hydra in MP smile.gif

haha nooo but the cropduster would be fun in MP...driving over people dropping chemicals on them to weaken there health devil.gif

And I have no doubts the Hydra will be in MP.

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:01)
I dont want to get too off topic, but in case of an aircraft carrier, these should be on board:

user posted image

My favorite gun of all time.

(dutch invention btw.)

Imagine getting your whole crew on board the ship and fighting off Hydra's with those????

That would be fun as hell.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Before the devs started taking our awesome cars away!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

If the host disallows the RPGs, then Hydras/Hunters shouldn't spawn.

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:11)
If the host disallows the RPGs, then Hydras/Hunters shouldn't spawn.

I was able to take down the Hunter without a RPG in GTA IV no problem. Hydra may be a bit harder though.

MACCHUU1
  • MACCHUU1

Gun Control Means to Not Miss

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

As long as there isn't a person camping at the airport hovering above the helipad with a buzzard spamming rockets at people than I'm fine. There was not enough secret locations of spawned helicopters that people knew about. But there is probably going to be more than one airport and a military base so I'm actually not too worried. biggrin.gif

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

A better alternative to 'nerfing' aircraft is to give them limited ammo...

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 15:16)

This would be a good solution, as long as there is a way to re-fill your ammo. Maybe random ammo crates will be scattered throughout the map, on rootfops, mountains, in the airport, etc. ?

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:18)

This would be a good solution, as long as there is a way to re-fill your ammo. Maybe random ammo crates will be scattered throughout the map, on rootfops, mountains, in the airport, etc. ?

refilling should take a while, just like getting a new vehicle.
It'll prevent people spamming rockets/bullets and give people who like to be in the actual city rather than staring at the sky a chance to fight back...

Ground should be more powerful than air.,

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:21)

It'll prevent people spamming rockets/bullets and give people who like to be in the actual city rather than staring at the sky a chance to fight back...

I feel like if they ever did limit the ammo (which I personally doubt they will) you would be able to get more by landing on a health pack.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Ben_GTAV @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:24)

I feel like if they ever did limit the ammo (which I personally doubt they will) you would be able to get more by landing on a health pack.

No that would f*cking suck.
You'd have some imbecile spamming rockets at some guy, and then flying to the nearest health pack, and then going back and spamming rockets.

Limited ammo, no refills.
Best way to do it.

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:28)

You'd have some imbecile spamming rockets at some guy, and then flying to the nearest health pack, and then going back and spamming rockets.

Best way to do it.

I just can't see Rockstar doing that.

Just me though.

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

That'd be really frustrating having to get a new chopper every time your ammo runs out. All they need to do is either slow down the rate of fire on rockets or add long cool down times and quicker overheating of rockets and maybe the guns if they prove too powerful.

I do believe there will be maybe three airports as well as Edward's Airforce Base. This in addition to a skycrane at the port. Police choppers at police departments, and a few other helipads around the map should provide plenty of aircraft for the LS citizen. The skimmer and cropduster will probably be the farthest planes to travel to as they would be in the sea and in the countryside.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:54)
That'd be really frustrating having to get a new chopper every time your ammo runs out. All they need to do is either slow down the rate of fire on rockets or add long cool down times and quicker overheating of rockets and maybe the guns if they prove too powerful.

I do believe there will be maybe three airports as well as Edward's Airforce Base. This in addition to a skycrane at the port. Police choppers at police departments, and a few other helipads around the map should provide plenty of aircraft for the LS citizen. The skimmer and cropduster will probably be the farthest planes to travel to as they would be in the sea and in the countryside.

Just the same as it is really frustrating for me to have proper gunfights on the ground, until some jerk comes along and ruins it all with a buzzard.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 20:13)
QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:54)

Just the same as it is really frustrating for me to have proper gunfights on the ground, until some jerk comes along and ruins it all with a buzzard.

We need heatseeking missiles for on the ground.

user posted image

And maybe some vehicles that can attack a plane or chopper (GET TO THE CHOPPA) from the ground.

Example:
user posted image

Secret service car with minigun on top. Perfect to take down a chopper.

BirthOfMayhem
  • BirthOfMayhem

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

Cropdusters on farm airstrips
Cesnas on private runways
Private, passenger, cargo planes at the airport
Waterplanes in water (obviously)
Hydras on aircraft carrier and military base
Cargo helicopters at airports and aircraft carriers
Mavericks on hospitals, police stations, private estates and airport

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Ben_GTAV @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 18:48)

It'll be in free roam and co-op missions I would think but anything other than that I'm not sure as I don't know how it'll work.

Putting that aside though I find your comment to be a little stupid if I'm honest but each to there own I guess. sly.gif

BirthOfMayhem
  • BirthOfMayhem

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 00:26)
QUOTE (Ben_GTAV @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 18:48)

It'll be in free roam and co-op missions I would think but anything other than that I'm not sure as I don't know how it'll work.

Putting that aside though I find your comment to be a little stupid if I'm honest but each to there own I guess. sly.gif

I hope there is a game mode specificly for air warfare. 16 players, all in jets fighting over Los Santos

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 19:28)

Best way to do it.

I doubt they will limit ammo in helicopters but fear not, they are introducing effective helicopter hunters into the game.

GTA helicopters are a ground menace but they can't barrel roll or loop, they are stuck in a 2D plane of attack but with altitude control. Airplanes can loop, roll, split S, Immelman turn and do what is called a rolling scissors which is taking the fight into the vertical. Helicopters can't go there and will be sitting ducks. devil.gif
I'm going to take all my RC airplane experience and unload it on loitering helicopters spamming ground targets. Multiplayer in GTAV will be more balanced.

MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:20 AM Edited by MiamiVice1984, 21 July 2012 - 02:22 AM.

I just hope the Multiplayer will have planes and you should be able to be 4 players in it biggrin.gif That would be so epic.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Before the devs started taking our awesome cars away!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Lol RC Planes VS Hunters would be epic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users