• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

As an avid fan of these forums(and the main site),I would like to suggest a couple of features that might be beneficial to users.They are

1.A 'like button '
2.A better notification system-Possibly one can customize how the person wants to be notified.

What do the Admins think?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

"Like" button is absolutely useless and will no doubt be abused, just like a similar system which used to be in place on this site.

If you want to show appreciation for a post, reply to it and actually add something to the conversation.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

What's wrong with our notification feature? Have you checked under your e-mail settings under "my controls"? There's plenty of options to customize.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

There is nothing wrong with the current nofitifaction system.I just gave a suggestion that stated that We can customise the option where if somebody mentions(yes, mentioning a member in a way FB and twitter do will also be a cool feature)us,we can see just that post.Like when somebody quotes a reply by us,the notification system would notify just that unlike now when subscribed to a post,all the replies get notified.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

For now, you'll have to deal with subscribing to topics to get notifications. Your ideas have been brought up before, but as far as I can remember it can't be done on our current forum software.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Wow, I don't think an idea like this would work on a forum like this. For example, some dude who can't handle an opinion may unlike it. Sometimes people will bitch over the "likes" an OP had, whether that guy does on the people that liked or the guy who got the likes. Not a lovely system on a forums with lots of people bitching over each other and not getting over it, like this...

Sorry, but it can't exist without having people seeing ultimate failures.

Also, I guess the notification system is good now.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

This isn't facebook.

Battlefield forums use a Like system and it's abused.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

Okay,then what about the notification suggestion?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

There is actually a way to find out if your name was mentioned or quoted. Go to the Search Engine, type in your name, then at Search Options select Search posts from... 30 days ago & at Result Type select Show results as posts. If I search for instance, Ferocious Banger, it'll give you these results, showing where your name was mentioned during the past month.

Hope this helps. icon14.gif

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

The 'Like' button idea is a great idea in my opinion. Lots of forums have this feature like IGN for example and it would be a great addition, I don't think it would get abused like you guys said, it hasn't been abused on any forum I've been on except facebook.

So yeah, you guys should consider adding this.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Chaise @ Monday, Aug 6 2012, 10:03)
The 'Like' button idea is a great idea in my opinion. Lots of forums have this feature like IGN for example and it would be a great addition, I don't think it would get abused like you guys said, it hasn't been abused on any forum I've been on except facebook.

So yeah, you guys should consider adding this.

Perhaps, it'll be a good idea. But, if there's gonna be one, people would just hit the like button of a post and move on. They would feel lazy to reply to a post and post their views. It'll surely be abused and misused.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

As far as I'm aware, there's going to be some sort of 'Like' feature in V2 or V1.5, if possible. The current software is just too unstable to support such a system right now, so I guess you'll have to wait until the upgradation.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

This is a public forum, not a crappy clone of Facebook like YouTube has become. Please don't let this website fall in that direction.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:04 AM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 13 August 2012 - 10:15 AM.

QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 11:39)
As far as I'm aware, there's going to be some sort of 'Like' feature in V2 or V1.5, if possible. The current software is just too unstable to support such a system right now, so I guess you'll have to wait until the upgradation.

Thanks to you and to everyone else above for expressing your thoughts and opinions. smile.gif

But the question below is specifically for you,Girish:

"Can you give us more insights about the changes this site will see after the new software comes to the fore?"

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 15:34)
"Can you give us more insights about the changes this site will see after the new software comes to the fore?"

I can't. And I'm certain the other staff members hardly know anything either. Majority of the details are with Tank, so you'll only know when V2 actually comes out.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 23:10)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 15:34)

I can't. And I'm certain the other staff members hardly know anything either. Majority of the details are with Tank, so you'll only know when V2 actually comes out.

Ah, okay man..Thanks.But any idea about atleast when the V2 will roll out?

Or should I pm Tank? Will the founder of the site even reply to a measly member like me?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

V2 is a long, long way off. There's really not much point in talking about it right now.

Anyways, I think we're done here. Your suggestions definitely won't be implemented in the current system, so you'll have to wait until something better comes along.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users