Photo

Banks In GTA V

59 replies to this topic
27ade
  • 27ade

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

I know in IV we had ATM Machines which could be used to check how much we had, but that was it.We had no real interaction with banks in the game apart from the robbery mission with Packie.

What other purposes do u think banks could have in GTA.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

one thing banks are good for and that is robbing.
and we should do it to them for a change

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Only thing I see R* doing with banks is having Bankers take our money away from us. Hate the damn bankers burn.

GANGSTA26-VERCETTI
  • GANGSTA26-VERCETTI

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Well apart from putting your money in the bank and retrieving it, how bout the option to borrow money from the bank. If you pass the date to return the money, goons or cops start looking for you. Heck, what if you could buy the bank and have to loan out cash, or use the loans from the bank, causing the cops to look for you once in a while. I will leave the creativity to the fine persons of this forum because that is all i can come up with. Other then robbing the sh*t out the banks.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Screwing other people with the use of identity theft/fraud. You get a bank account in somebody else's name and send some cash to something illegal, like Colombian druglords or Cuban dictators, then your enemy gets arrested.

GANGSTA26-VERCETTI
  • GANGSTA26-VERCETTI

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 21:01)
Screwing other people with the use of identity theft/fraud. You get a bank account in somebody else's name and send some cash to something illegal, like Colombian druglords or Cuban dictators, then your enemy gets arrested.

wow.gif dude what.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

It'd be cool if you could put your money in the bank so you don't have to lose 10% of your cash every time you die.

Of course if you want to access the money in the bank you'd have to go to the bank and withdraw it, but it'd be a minor inconvenience to save you from having to deal with another inconvenience which isn't so minor when you have millions of dollars.

boyfromeast1
  • boyfromeast1

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Like other said it must be interactive in free play not in missions like , taking ak47 and entering into bank and targeting to people if you start shooting you would instantly get on 3 stars than so on, would be able to blow money building doors then you finish a game.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (GANGSTA26-VERCETTI @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 20:53)
Well apart from putting your money in the bank and retrieving it, how bout the option to borrow money from the bank. If you pass the date to return the money, goons or cops start looking for you. Heck, what if you could buy the bank and have to loan out cash, or use the loans from the bank, causing the cops to look for you once in a while. I will leave the creativity to the fine persons of this forum because that is all i can come up with. Other then robbing the sh*t out the banks.

Yeah, loans would be cool. Especially if money would be harder to get for the first half of the game.

There should be two types of money. Bank money and cash. Some jobs depending on who it was given by and what it is for could pay you in either. Bank money would go to the bank, and cash would go into your inventory. You can always go to the bank to store money or retrieve money too. In shops you can purchase clothes, and items and what not with either a credit card, or cash, with it costing a little bit more paying with credit card, but not too much. Like a $100 suit paid with cash would be like $110 with the credit card. The catch though with cash, if you die, you lose all the cash you had on you. But all your money in the bank gets saved. Somethings can only be bought with cash though, like black market stuff, and weapons. Now with the loans, they should be set in the world where you practically need them if you want to buy houses quickly. You can borrow so much from the bank, and with whatever money you have in your account, every month in game, it automatically takes out. Then the interest rate will go up. Eventually your house you bought with the money will close (but you can buy it back later at the regular price again). And the bank will be settled. (after you losing the house's cost, plus interest). If that happens a few times, the bank might not lend you any more money. Then you can go visit loan sharks, whose interest will be much higher, and will come after you as random events until they are paid.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Electronic currency. And all vendors/retailers of goods should have debit card machines that basically virtualize the currency, while maintaining payment via cash as an option. What good is a GTA game without the theft of paper money?

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

They would be a 2d texture randomly placed in the city, like most other GTA games

The_Majestic
  • The_Majestic

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Robbing banks should be an option at all times in GTA V.

With money playing a huge roll in this game it would be an awesome feature.

Not to mention silencers are in the game and you could probably rob a bank easier. And if the cops respond escape "The Town" style.

Masks would be an AWESOME addition.

KillinFr3nzy NL
  • KillinFr3nzy NL

Best GTA Driver

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

I hope we can use the ATM machines in V for buying or paying something, if this is going to happen, it´s going to be f*cking nice, why? because when you´re in your safehouse, you need money, and you need to go to an ATM machine, you go outside of the safehouse, you take your car and drive safely to the ATM icon14.gif

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

All of the above. icon14.gif

I'd love to rob banks and maybe use the ATM machines. But I want to silently rob the bank, stealth mode, when its dark outside with no one knowing anything because you can take out the cameras. wink.gif

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

I would love to be able to hold bank robberies, Imagine online bank robberies. or build up a single player gang to rob it. ATMS have been a part of gta for a while I believe but 100% useless. I miss being able to hold places up for cash, not this hold the gun they hold their hands up and then run. What a waste

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

I'd like a robbery side activity, I had an idea where if you become head of an empire (say with an VCS style Empire building but more in depth) that you should be able to hold heists with your various goons or what ever you'd like to call them, but before you have access to that you'd be able to do small time robberies, basically a one man pull out your pistol and give me everything, convinence stores could also be held up like this.

Also be nice to be able to order your goons to do cirtain things, like crowd controll and geting the cash, and if you want a Getaway driver. But I digress that's for a diffrent topic.

Basically I just want to be able to rob banks in verious ways at any time. Small cash grabs and the occasional heist.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Robbing, loans, and checking your balance in case you forget how to use the pause menu.

Also, what if you could take a hacking course in the game and then attempt to hack the machines and give yourself a lot of money? That would be pretty cool. Although don't do it in front of any cops, because that will count for a star or two. It would make for a new and interesting mini game that doesn't interfere with any core mechanics.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hacking the bank and takeing money could be fun, though you shouldn't take to much or it will set off some alarms so to speak, and net you a wanted level.

superhobo666
  • superhobo666

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

storing money, direct deposit (from legitimate jobs, IE: Landlording, or owning a store.)

Robbing them, another enterable location you can move around in.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 16:11)
Hacking the bank and takeing money could be fun, though you shouldn't take to much or it will set off some alarms so to speak, and net you a wanted level.

Who says you need to take anything? It's digital money, so you basically just hack into your own account and change the number in their database to 9 billion or 9 trillion or something.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 15:17)

Who says you need to take anything? It's digital money, so you basically just hack into your own account and change the number in their database to 9 billion or 9 trillion or something.

That could work too, though that should be implemented later in the game. And should take some risk too it somehow, like a chance that the Bank notices it or something.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 16:20)

That could work too, though that should be implemented later in the game. And should take some risk too it somehow, like a chance that the Bank notices it or something.

Well, sure. Crime isn't crime without risk. Besides, if I want free money with no effort I'll use a cash cheat if they put one in.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 15:21)

Well, sure. Crime isn't crime without risk. Besides, if I want free money with no effort I'll use a cash cheat if they put one in.

Yeah for sure, it's a good idea, maybe you can only move so much from an ATM, but if you're feeling Ballsy you could move more by going in to the bank it's self and pluging straight into their systems, that could be crazy, imagine stealthing it up to get into the areas of the bank you're not allowed to hack into it and preform a silent robbery of sorts.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

How about having a team for these kinds of robberies?

Like you could bring a: Hacker, Driver will be outside, 3 gunners with you, and a sniper to watch out for cops. icon14.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 16:24)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 15:21)

Yeah for sure, it's a good idea, maybe you can only move so much from an ATM, but if you're feeling Ballsy you could move more by going in to the bank it's self and pluging straight into their systems, that could be crazy, imagine stealthing it up to get into the areas of the bank you're not allowed to hack into it and preform a silent robbery of sorts.

Except it's not really a robbery since you're just giving yourself a ton of cash from nowhere. Maybe a digital robbery.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Yeah I guess it was a bad description, but you get what I meant. It's a good feature, and would fit well with the more conventional robberys.

@Revolution-XW I like that, especially if there's some sort of feature where you build up an empire, and you can hire these diffrent types of people, order them to do what you need etc., also you should be able to do any of these positions your self, and command from there, I.E being the Sniper look out you should have a headset to issue orders.

lax22
  • lax22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

The banks are perfect just for make robberies , deposit,withdrawal from your account in the game ,loans lets think that you dont have enough money to pay for something you may wanna buy . The fun about making robberies would be with the police chasing you cool.gif

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

It would be cool if we can do bankrobberies without being on missions.
Being on mission it feel so forced.
So why not just having to rob banks since the protag (if it's the balcony guy) 40+ so
he likely will already have experiences to rob banks.
He did bad things in the past, so why not?

gtav nut
  • gtav nut

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Getting to know a bank manager enough that he will let you launder money through his bank! biggrin.gif (Tony Montana style)

Robbing THEM c*nts for once.

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Guess Bank Robberies gonna be an element of a series of missions. Many here suppose what the guy in the trailer meant by "that line of work" is robbing banks or other objects.

So yeah, bank robberies would be fine.

I also think that for the sake of realism one should only be able to carry a certain amount of cash with one. It's just dumb to carry 10 mio dollars cash with you. Instead, there could be the possibility of paying with your credit card. That wouldn't change anything, of course. It would just be more realistic.
Plus, the idea of withdrawing money from your bank account sounds nice bc of the named reasons, 10% losses for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users