Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are these against the forum rules like Ryan said?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic
MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:51 PM Edited by MIKON8ERISBACK, 19 July 2012 - 05:05 PM.

When browsing topics, I frequently see posts that contain animated GIFs and internet meme pictures such as these:

user posted image

user posted image

Ryan said in this post that "inb4thelock" GIFs and other GIFs were now against the rules, yet people continue to reply to threads with them. What gives?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yes, they are against the rules, as Ryan said clearly in that topic. If you see these kind of posts, report them and the staff will deal with the posters. Those who continue posting these either didn't see Ryan's topic, or they just don't care, thus staff will know how to deal with them.

Posting such GIFs is not only considered spam, but also annoying as hell.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (MIKON8ERISBACK @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 22:21)
yet people continue to reply to threads with them. What gives?

Some facts about Humans:

1) They make rules.
2) They break rules.

I can't understand the word "what gives". Well, those who post these GIFs or even those silly words, they get warned by Mods (If they do it continuously). If they keep doing this, they get banned. Eg - Slamman

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

They're spam, therefore against the rules. Why you had to make a topic about it here, I don't know. Do you think I was lying to you or something? Yeah, some people are continuing to post them, but unknown to you, they're getting warned and temp banned for them.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 11:56)
QUOTE (MIKON8ERISBACK @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 22:21)
yet people continue to reply to threads with them. What gives?

Some facts about Humans:

1) They make rules.
2) They break rules.

I can't understand the word "what gives". Well, those who post these GIFs or even those silly words, they get warned by Mods (If they do it continuously). If they keep doing this, they get banned. Eg - Slamman

Do the staff always add the "user was warned for this post" tag to the offending post? Or is sometimes just a private issue in the user's warn log?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Not always, only few staff members do that. Usually they leave it like that to have proof for the warning. Every single spam post that gets reported will get the member a reminder / warning / temp ban / perma ban depending on their previous warnings or the actual gravity of the current post.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 11:57)
They're spam, therefore against the rules. Why you had to make a topic about it here, I don't know. Do you think I was lying to you or something? Yeah, some people are continuing to post them, but unknown to you, they're getting warned and temp banned for them.

I NEVER thought you were lying to me. (I'm not yelling at you). I'm just re-raising the issue because I think that topic that you made needs to be stickied to the front page of all of the Forums. I'm not making demands.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Some of us add that the person was warned or temped in the offending post, but it has to be done manually and quite often it slips our minds. Regardless of whether the post says anything or not, they'll still receive a warning or temp in their member log.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 12:02)
Some of us add that the person was warned or temped in the offending post, but it has to be done manually and quite often it slips our minds. Regardless of whether the post says anything or not, they'll still receive a warning or temp in their member log.

OK. smile.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

They are spam, and its not just that they are lame and the people that post them over and over dont realise they have been posted here for years and years. They think its the first time they have ever been posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users