Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Film] Simulate RPG fired out of Maverick.

9 replies to this topic
Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I am trying to simulate a back-seat passenger firing a rocket out of the side of a Maverick helicopter. I've tried using the Simple Native trainer to spawn AI bodyguards with rockets, going online and asking a fellow player to attempt shooting one out of the back seat, and have only begun looking at WeaponInfo.xml's --- Yet nothing has seemed to work.

I was wondering what the best way to simulate a rocket being fired out of Maverick would be like. My guess? Somehow have a online-capable pistol-based weapon that fires a rocket and then through a clever use of cameras, thereby "tricking" the viewing audience into thinking that a rocket was fired out of the chopper.

But that's just my idea... though I know nothing about how to get something like that working in my game. Any other suggestions? Tips?

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

Only way I can think of is through scripting. I am actually trying this again right now. If it works, I'll let you know.

Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Prof_Farnsworth @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 05:19)
Only way I can think of is through scripting. I am actually trying this again right now. If it works, I'll let you know.

That would be fantastic!! If you could hook me up and I end up using it in-game I'll throw you into the special thanks on the video! The last one three weeks ago hit 50,000 views in 24 hours.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Coldkilla @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 10:14)
QUOTE (Prof_Farnsworth @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 05:19)

That would be fantastic!! If you could hook me up and I end up using it in-game I'll throw you into the special thanks on the video! The last one three weeks ago hit 50,000 views in 24 hours.

Sounds good, however, as I said, I tried this before with no luck, so we'll see how it goes.

Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

I came up with a camera trickery work-around.. sadly it wasn't the real deal but it did the trick. I spawned a Maverick 500 feet in the air, spawned a blue cargo container, landed on it, cloned it a few times to create a small platform, made the crates invisible, had an actor sit in the driver seat while one of his bodyguards sat in the back, I went invisable with a rocket launcher and stood right next to the back-seat bodyguard, fired the rocket right next to him. In the editor I simply moved the camera to the other side of the chopper so you could see the rocket leaving the area, but not actually being fired by the bodyguard (because that never happened).

Would be nice to do have in the future though!

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Very nice work. I'll let you know if I come up with something.

mirrorsmoke
  • mirrorsmoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Not like realism is necessarily what you're going for, but you do KNOW that the backblast of a MANPAD rocket launcher like an RPG would probably concuss and burn everyone inside the chopper, yeah? Just saying, you don't want to be behind those things when they, um, happen
EDIT: not that that's modeled in GTA4, AFAIK

IamAmanIhaveAplanMeetMeAtClams
  • IamAmanIhaveAplanMeetMeAtClams

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

i believe u need to spawn a rocket and apply force to it and starting a ptfx and playing sound on it, if u need help im in irc ... jitsuin tounge.gif

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by Vintage88, 11 April 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Hmm. Well, you can make the M4 shoot rockets in WeaponsInfo.xml
Shouldn't this then work?

1) Edit the weaponsinfo.xml file and set the M4 to shoot 1 round, and set the rounds to rocket projectile.
2) Edit the weapons.img file and replace the M4 model with the RPG model.
3) Edit the anim.img file and replace the M4 animation with the RPG animation.
4a) Start the game and setup an AI ped in the back of a chopper, in combat mode, carrying the M4.
5a) Have your buddy attack the AI ped, or spawn some attacking peds on the ground.
4b) Put your buddy in the back of the chopper.
5b) Have your buddy start shooting the rockets.

EDIT: lol old bump, oops.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

Have you tried changing the RPG data slot to handgun or smg in weapons.xml

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users