Quantcast

» «
Photo

freaky moment

76 replies to this topic
GTAboyWonder
  • GTAboyWonder

Die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (blitz @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 02:35)
QUOTE (GTAboyWonder @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 20:32)
A gnome. I swear, a freaking gnome.

Don't mess with gnomes, dude!

When I was a little kid, we used to live in a 2 floor house. My room was upstairs, and everyday, when the sun had already gone down and I went upstairs to my room, every step I took, two steps backwards was a gnome. I promise, I saw him plenty of times. I always ran as fast as I could up the stairs hoping I could outrun it.

It wasn't all cuddly either, it was thin and around 3 feet tall, with a wrinkly white face and white hair and beard. I told my mom but she wouldn't believe me, so I always got the cook to walk up with me. He never showed up when she did, and just when I thought it was gone forever and I climbed the stairs by myself, it was there. Looking at me, without a blinking eye.

When I reached 7 (or was it 8?) years old I was convinced I was a big girl and I needed to get rid of this beast lingering in my turf. So one day, I walked up the stairs slowly and stopped around midway, and there it was. I waited for it, it took one step forward until I was so close I was nearly touching it, Iwas nearly crying and completely petrified, and then it vanished.

Out of the blue, it just vanished. It never showed up again, but jeez, that's the freakiest thing I've ever encountered.

What's even more freaky that made my insides turn was when my brother's friend claimed to have had a gnome ally through his childhood that protected him from falling down the stairs. That sort of made me think, but I still find it creepy as hell.

Damn. My mom told me that the gnome also appeared in household gatherings or reunions. She told me that my aunt saw a gnome in the bathroom during my baby shower. And that my grandpa saw one when my grandmother died, he said it was hiding behind the coffin!

These gnomes are just obscure, I don't know where they came from. My grandma told me that she saw some at her farm in San Juan, Puerto Rico. dontgetit.gif

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:05 AM Edited by DODI3OG, 20 July 2012 - 03:09 AM.

For me, it was when I was in my best friend's house near the lake on our city in the Philippines. We're in the school's scouting activity the day before and I have 2 f*cking days free before I go back home. My best friend's house is just near the camp site, so I slept there to spend my time. There were 5 of us who stood, and 'twas embarrassing to his parents 'cause we're too noisy so we just camped outside at the last night. 2 of my classmates were up to scaring the sh*t out of us 3 but my best friend's dad appeared all of a sudden and weirdly remarked "the organization's gone.../Wala na ang kapisanan..."Then he walked out of our sight into his house. All of those words didn't make sense to what we're currently doing. Then we asked his dad the next morning about it and he didn't even remember doing such. Then he told the story of his Native Hunting Squad and his missing brother. He said there were 7 of his squad mates missing including his brother after an incident w/ the local rebels that may have killed them. What makes it freaky is that the forest is also home to WW2 battles and suicidal people. Like the one in Japan. And rebels made this an opportunity to take shelter...

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 15:01)
This happened to me 2 years ago in Year 7 also known as Grade 6 in America.The class was watching the teacher dissect an animals heart when I suddenly went all strange.My vision went completely red and I fell to the floor hard.I could hear voices fading and my heart beating impossibly fast.I recovered over time.It was the most terrifying moment of my life.

That once happened to me during a PE class, hell to it, it looked like I was dying right there, I didn't fall flat on the floor, luckily, but could barely see, it was like a red tunnel vision that changed with light.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 22:17)
This happened to me 2 years ago in Year 7 also known as Grade 6 in America.The class was watching the teacher dissect an animals heart when I suddenly went all strange.My vision went completely red and I fell to the floor hard.I could hear voices fading and my heart beating impossibly fast.I recovered over time.It was the most terrifying moment of my life.

That once happened to me during a PE class, hell to it, it looked like I was dying right there, I didn't fall flat on the floor, luckily, but could barely see, it was like a red tunnel vision that changed with light.

I had similar occurrence during an exam back in high school. The room was well air conditioned, but I began to feel very, very warm. I rolled up my sleeves to cool myself and I began to shake very slightly. I tried to close my eyes and my vision was in a distilled green color after I opened. To avoid a big scene, I asked for the hall pass and headed for the bathroom. After rinsing my face with ice cold water, I rubbed my eyes a bit and my vision came back to normal as well as my temperature. Very scary experience, but luckily, nothing like it has happened since.

FoxTint
  • FoxTint

Gun it, playa

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 14:38)
November 21, 2011. The night before my daughter was born, I was staying at my friend's apartment because he lived closer to the hospital and I could get there faster if I was needed.

Around 11:00 everyone went to sleep, so I laid down on the couch and tried to fall asleep. I dozed off for about 2 hours, then I woke up. I decided to go out for a smoke, The porch light was out, and the moon was covered by clouds, making it a very dark time.

I light up my smoke, and lean against the support for the upper-level balcony. A car drives by on the street above, I pay little attention. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a man in the standing in the street to the right of me. I glance over, and look at him. He's wearing a brown duster looking coat, over a dirty white tank top. I can't see his eyes, because his hair is too long and covers most of his face. His beard is long and grisly looking. I look away for a few seconds, but look back just to make sure he's not coming toward me.

He was gone, I looked up and down the street, to see if he was walking away, but he was nowhere to be found. I put out my cigarette, and reach for the door knob. Then I hear a voice, it sounds as though it's coming from somebody whispering in my ear. "I'm sorry"

A few weeks later, I'm over at my mother's house. We're talking about weird things that have happened to us at night (it was midnight). I remembered what happened that night, and was getting ready to tell her when she went into her story.
She said.

'There was a night back in 1991, I think it was in November. We were out at your grandmother's house, and running late getting home. You and your sister were sleeping in the back seat, so I figured it would be okay to check the mail before we went home. I left you in the car and walked to the mailbox. When I came back, I got back in and then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man standing next to the car, staring at you through the window. He was wearing a brown duster with a white shirt underneath, and he had long brown hair and a beard. I started the car and drove off as fast as I could. I shook it out of my mind, thinking it was just my imagination'

At this point my blood is cold, and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. I was trying to find words, when she continued.

'We got home, and I was putting you to bed and you said, "Mommy, what was that man sorry for?"

This scared the piss out of me, and it still does when I think about it.

Boy am I lucky I was reading this in the morning.

I've never experienced anything freaky, only dreams, but I heard sometimes these visions have something to do with previous events which you could be "sorry" for in your life. Something you really regret doing or saying.

Our mind plays tricks on us sometimes, but your story is very believable (unlike a few in this thread).

GTAboyWonder
  • GTAboyWonder

Die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Okay guys, so I've recently discovered what the "Slender-Man" is. After watching a 9 minute documentary about that Voldemort looking crap, I was paranoid like a f*cking Parrot.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (GTAboyWonder @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 20:34)
Okay guys, so I've recently discovered what the "Slender-Man" is. After watching a 9 minute documentary about that Voldemort looking crap, I was paranoid like a f*cking Parrot.

Watch "Marble Hornets" on youtube. I dare you.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Possibly frightening moment of my life...

So, I'm spending my vacations at my mom's house, and as it's summer vacation going on and I got no job, other than doing some housework every now and then. I decided that I'll play it real lazy, keep a nice week vacation after keeping the house up, so I took my chair in front of the computer-desk and switched it to couch. It's positioned on opposite side of the door, and I need to actually jump over the couch before getting out the room. So, there I was, playing on the couch with gamepad in my hands, and I'm feeling a little thirsty, it's hot day after all. I finish the game, I slowly grab the plastic cup on my desk and proceed to stand up on the couch. I place gamepad on the desk and headphones around it, and I'm placing my right foot on the part of the couch where my back was leaning, and make this well planned jump down. As I'm landing, I notice that I've been sitting on my left foot and it's not having any feelings on it. I've got my left foot already on the floor, and proceeding to also place my right foot there, but something dramatic happens. I've also lost the control of my left foot, and having only it on the floor makes me bend front by reflex to prevent my knee from f*cking up, slowly falling down with cup in my hand, at nearly closed door.

Long story short, I hit my head on the door.

FoxTint
  • FoxTint

Gun it, playa

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 03:53)

The slender man is quiet scary, indeed.
What specific "entry" is scary on 'Marblehornet' and the videos? I watched the first 3 and they were not really relevant. He said he saw a slender man pointing him to go back home or something and his dog got all scared.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (FoxTint @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 01:10)
QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 03:53)

The slender man is quiet scary, indeed.
What specific "entry" is scary on 'Marblehornet' and the videos? I watched the first 3 and they were not really relevant. He said he saw a slender man pointing him to go back home or something and his dog got all scared.

Start there and follow up each entry numerically, or alternatively, google Marble Hornets Wiki and you can read up on recommended order of viewing... it's got it's own story and it's quite developed, but watch out for spoilers.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

Moe Boats

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

I believe it was the summer before 5th grade.

I had been sleeping until about 4 or 3 AM and I had to get up to take a piss. I was a little dizzy because I stood up too fast, and I quickly took a drunkard type walk toward my bathroom. To my suprise, I went around to see a black figure had manifested itself in a corner, and had sat in a fetal position, positioned upward. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief and interrogated the figure. "Who are you?" The figure returned with a grunt and replied "Help me". I was too tired and my throat was rather dry so I couldn't shout. I merely raised my voice a little and said "NO!". It turned it's head a little and I backed away in fear. I then suffered another dizzy spell and a deep black abyss covered my line of sight. I quickly backed away to where the figure wouldn't be in my line of sight and as my vision was returning, I covered my eyes with my arm, and headed to my bed. I covered myself with my blanket and slept after about 5 minutes.

[Supreme]

FoxTint
  • FoxTint

Gun it, playa

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:09 AM Edited by FoxTint, 21 July 2012 - 01:18 AM.

I checked the wiki page and some other websites for an overall synopsis of the first 50 or 60 entries and little snippets. I watched 2 hospital videos and they scared the sh*t out of me. Lucky it's morning, though.

I seriously think this guy is venturing too far...

I was genuinly scared when watching marble hornets. It's a different type of scary. I feel paranoid and scared at the same time.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Freaky Moments, OMG!! I got 9999999999999999999999999999999999999 of them but here is just 1. When I was the first in class during last years exam. cool.gif

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

So I've been watching these "Marble Hornet" videos and they are pretty creepy to say th least. Very well done considering it's a low budget production.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Here is another freaky mo of mine.

I was only about 5 years old and it was a holiday so I din't go to school. I slept until 8:40 a.m. and when I woke up I wasn't sleeping in my bed. In fact I was sleeping under it. I screamed for a bit and my mum came running upstairs to see what was it. I laughed a lot and specially it is dark under the bed and I was scared of dark when I was about 5. I really couldn't figure out what happened but I came to my own conclusion. It is, that I had a bad nightmare I fell off my bed and rolled inside it. Well, maybe. Or something paranormal had happened. happy.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

I have a nightmare every now and then and they tend to freak me out. They usually take place in my room where I am doing things that I would normally do in real life, like sleeping or just messing around. I had a very realistic dream once where there were severe winds and bad weather outside, my windows broke and the wind was messing everything up in my room (kind of like that scene in Fahrenheit\Indigo Prophecy when Lucas' apartment is broken to pieces). I also had one where the lights in my room kept messing up, it freaked me out. I used to have lots of dreams with\about electricity that freaked me out.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I just had one tonight, my brother has terror nights so he screams help in the middle of the night, usually I just ignore it cause it only takes a few seconds, but tonight he kept screaming so I thought something was up wanted to get up and out of my room, but sh*t man. I couldn't find the exit of my own room and I had no idea where I was located in my own room.

I ended up standing next to my bed for like 3 minutes while my dad already calmed him down. It felt so weird to not know your way through your own room.

Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:02 PM Edited by Benzoboy, 21 July 2012 - 04:05 PM.

QUOTE (StoneHead37 @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 03:23)

I had similar occurrence during an exam back in high school. The room was well air conditioned, but I began to feel very, very warm. I rolled up my sleeves to cool myself and I began to shake very slightly. I tried to close my eyes and my vision was in a distilled green color after I opened. To avoid a big scene, I asked for the hall pass and headed for the bathroom. After rinsing my face with ice cold water, I rubbed my eyes a bit and my vision came back to normal as well as my temperature. Very scary experience, but luckily, nothing like it has happened since.

I have had this on a regular basis before. It's nothing paranormal or like that but mine were caused by migraines really, at their worst I would get one perhaps twice a month on average.

My freaky story isn't over the top or overly crazy/freaky/creepy like some posted before but still, here goes. My parents got divorced in 2010 and since then my mum has moved to Walsall (The next town over from mine) in a new-ish house. I continued to live with my dad in the old family house but we had an argument and he kicked me out, basically. Anyway this was about a year or so ago now I guess, June/July 2011. It was probably about 2-3am so of course it was dark outside (It always is with these stories, isn't it?) and I was browsing forums on my phone, anyway I was just going to sleep so I walked across the room and turned the light off, I turned around and to my surprise and horror I saw what looked to be a ball of light, probably the same size as an adult fist. Floating and moving around above and around my bed, needless to say it shat me up big time, I instantly turned all the lights on upstairs and stood on the landing for what felt like an hour but in reality, was probably only 5 minutes. That house was just f*cking weird though, I had a horrible feeling of being watched or as if something/somebody else was just 'there'. The spare room was the worst room, that was the room I saw the ball of light in, and in that same room my mum said out of nowhere the light bulb just fell out of the light and smashed on the floor. She also said to me she saw a man walk across the landing coming out of that room, I never witnessed those myself, unfortunately.

I had another encounter with that ball of light back in my dad's house, this was probably in March or April this year. I came back home from my friend's house at probably 1.30am or thereabouts, walked in and walked straight across my hall into my kitchen, obviously everyone was in bed so the lights were off, I looked left to see where the light switch was, and I looked back round to see the exact same ball of light floating around the opposite side of the room doing the exact same movements that I saw in my mum's house. Needless to say I once again shat a brick and basically ran straight upstairs and didn't go back down until the next day, I haven't seen it since.

The only other freaky thing actually happened last night, me and my friend had drove to a car park to smoke a couple of spliffs, this was about 2am. On the way back out of nowhere there was thick fog on certain roads, only in a certain area of my town as well, it was horrible though, you couldn't see past a few yards at some points, one of the scariest things in the world when stoned. When I got back in last night I walked into my house and had a horrible feeling of dread, as if something was there just waiting for me. Still though that was probably more down to myself than anything else.

I've looked up the balls of light since my experiences and found stories, pictures and videos of similar phenomenon.

http://psychicrevolu...ries/ghost-orb/

I have racked my brain over what could have possibly caused what I saw and I literally can't think of anything, there was nothing any light could have reflected off, there was no light source, nothing

waleed123x
  • waleed123x

Elite Sniper

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

thanks y'all for sharing your stories
i didnt knew my topic would last this long

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 00:59)

I had been sleeping until about 4 or 3 AM and I had to get up to take a piss. I was a little dizzy because I stood up too fast, and I quickly took a drunkard type walk toward my bathroom. To my suprise, I went around to see a black figure had manifested itself in a corner, and had sat in a fetal position, positioned upward. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief and interrogated the figure. "Who are you?" The figure returned with a grunt and replied "Help me". I was too tired and my throat was rather dry so I couldn't shout. I merely raised my voice a little and said "NO!". It turned it's head a little and I backed away in fear. I then suffered another dizzy spell and a deep black abyss covered my line of sight. I quickly backed away to where the figure wouldn't be in my line of sight and as my vision was returning, I covered my eyes with my arm, and headed to my bed. I covered myself with my blanket and slept after about 5 minutes.

[Supreme]

This story and a few others sound like creepy pastas.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

In the summer of 1997, me and two neighbor friends were hanging around outside our houses when one of them goes in for a few minutes. Having recently seen Star Wars re-released we were all big fans, so me and my other friend decide to trick the one who's gone in by hollering loudly, claiming to have seen a TIE fighter fly over (I know I know, kids!). He comes out and we tell him, he naturally tells us to get f*cked, he goes back in again.

And then me and my friend saw two UFOs.

They were red dots glowing in the bright, cloudless afternoon sky. At first we thought they were aircraft, but then suddenly they shot across the sky at a speed I can't fathom to this day. Completely silent. Not only did they move quickly, they jerked up & down frenetically at the same time. Me and my friend were terrified. I already experienced terror with my friend earlier that year, when me and him climbed over a neighbor's wall, just messing around, and he came home in his vehicle and saw us. "Hey... you boys shouldn't be here" he called over.

He was holding a pistol.

"He's got a gun!" my friend cried. We ran like the wind, never looking back.

In 1999 there was a strong rumour going round that the world was ending that night. It was even discussed on TV. So I went to bed, and I fell asleep after not too much trouble.

When I awoke, I thought the world was exploding.

A.... sound. A deafening rolling sound, like all the thunder in the world, surrounding my house. I screamed like a little kid and dove under the covers. Was it a dream? I now know it was almost certainly one of my rare night terrors, manifesting only if I've lain in bed but haven't slept in over seven hours. I become paralysed, unable to speak or move, or think. The room starts dancing before my bleary eyes and this dreadful rolling thunder sound fills my ears, slowly getting louder, until it's deafening. I haven't experienced it in maybe 8 years now.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

My little Shetland dog pats me to let him outside. It's about 2am and I'm up writing, listening to music and chilling out. So I let him out the back door which is like a huge patio. I shut the door behind him and head back to the laptop. Few minutes later I hear him scratching, but what's funny is the scratching on the glass is a little higher than he can reach. I wait a little longer and go back to listening to music. About half an hour later. I keep hearing the scratching, and then I feel something lick my leg. I look down and my dog is staring at me.

I went to the door and when I looked outside, nothing was there.

suicidal.gif

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

Moe Boats

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 17:32)
QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 00:59)

[Supreme]

This story and a few others sound like creepy pastas.

I sh*t you not, this actually happened to me. There were actually several instances regarding my family members. Involving a couple of my uncles and a few of their friends. Sometimes sh*t will even slide off of tables.

[Supreme]

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Benzoboy @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 00:02)
QUOTE (StoneHead37 @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 03:23)

I have had this on a regular basis before. It's nothing paranormal or like that but mine were caused by migraines really, at their worst I would get one perhaps twice a month on average.

My freaky story isn't over the top or overly crazy/freaky/creepy like some posted before but still, here goes. My parents got divorced in 2010 and since then my mum has moved to Walsall (The next town over from mine) in a new-ish house. I continued to live with my dad in the old family house but we had an argument and he kicked me out, basically. Anyway this was about a year or so ago now I guess, June/July 2011. It was probably about 2-3am so of course it was dark outside (It always is with these stories, isn't it?) and I was browsing forums on my phone, anyway I was just going to sleep so I walked across the room and turned the light off, I turned around and to my surprise and horror I saw what looked to be a ball of light, probably the same size as an adult fist. Floating and moving around above and around my bed, needless to say it shat me up big time, I instantly turned all the lights on upstairs and stood on the landing for what felt like an hour but in reality, was probably only 5 minutes. That house was just f*cking weird though, I had a horrible feeling of being watched or as if something/somebody else was just 'there'. The spare room was the worst room, that was the room I saw the ball of light in, and in that same room my mum said out of nowhere the light bulb just fell out of the light and smashed on the floor. She also said to me she saw a man walk across the landing coming out of that room, I never witnessed those myself, unfortunately.

I had another encounter with that ball of light back in my dad's house, this was probably in March or April this year. I came back home from my friend's house at probably 1.30am or thereabouts, walked in and walked straight across my hall into my kitchen, obviously everyone was in bed so the lights were off, I looked left to see where the light switch was, and I looked back round to see the exact same ball of light floating around the opposite side of the room doing the exact same movements that I saw in my mum's house. Needless to say I once again shat a brick and basically ran straight upstairs and didn't go back down until the next day, I haven't seen it since.

The only other freaky thing actually happened last night, me and my friend had drove to a car park to smoke a couple of spliffs, this was about 2am. On the way back out of nowhere there was thick fog on certain roads, only in a certain area of my town as well, it was horrible though, you couldn't see past a few yards at some points, one of the scariest things in the world when stoned. When I got back in last night I walked into my house and had a horrible feeling of dread, as if something was there just waiting for me. Still though that was probably more down to myself than anything else.

I've looked up the balls of light since my experiences and found stories, pictures and videos of similar phenomenon.

http://psychicrevolu...ries/ghost-orb/

I have racked my brain over what could have possibly caused what I saw and I literally can't think of anything, there was nothing any light could have reflected off, there was no light source, nothing

Very interesting that the ball of light has followed you. From what I understand, they usually indicate the presence of a deceased relative or friend. The thing is, you've seen this yourself and not through a camera shot so the 'dust particle' theory is out.
You've got nothing to worry about.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

@ Benzoboy: I, too, have seen a ball of light albeit in a completely different way.

I had my friend over the day before Vice City's release and we planned to play III all night in preparation. We were rolling out the sleeping bags and he looked at me with a slightly shocked face. Speechless, he pointed towards the window and all I could see was this white ball moving through the air towards us. Within a few seconds it came hurtling against the window emitting the loudest bang I've ever heard. It bounced off and continued in a very fast, straight line. I remember standing there completely baffled. I couldn't speak. My friend was exactly the same. We stood there for what seemed like hours until eventually we both kind of freaked out and started yelling "What the f*ck?!" all over the place. Since then I have tried to find out what it was but haven't had any luck whatsoever. I haven't seen anything like it again.

I'm a man of science so I don't believe it was a "spiritual manifestation" of any kind at all. There is definitely an explanation as to what this strange thing was. I spoke to my physics/chemistry teacher about it and he said he'd heard of something similar before but had no idea what it actually was. Some people simply refuse to believe it and it's difficult to prove. Still, I know what I saw and using this I'll eventually find out what it was. I know how powerful the human mind can be in terms of making us believe in things which aren't actually real, but my friend saw exactly the same thing so I know it wasn't my mind.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:58 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 22 July 2012 - 01:14 PM.

It all started out in the early years of the MMORPG Runescape. Now if you don't know what Runescape is,I suggest you search it up now. Once the most popular MMO to hit the interwebs until WoW took over.

Now before 2005, my family had used the old dial-up method of internet use and weren't expecting to change anytime soon.This annoyed me a lot.Being a 11 year old kid and having beyond turtle slow internet was killing me. I would need to wait 1 or 2 hours for a 5 minute youtube clip to buffer.Yep,life sucked for me.

Fortunately,I lived very close to a big shopping complex and in the shopping complex was a gaming cafe.The first time I saw the gaming cafe,my brain immediately told me to visit there some time in the future.That's what I did.It was a school break and my parents were still working during weekdays so I would ask my older sister for a bit of spare cash and head down to the cafe which was probably only a 10 minute walk from my front door.

I remember my jaw dropping as I stepped into the cafe.It was dark,had cool blue neons lighting up the corners of the big room and rows and rows of widescreen computers set neatly.I initially stayed only for 30 minutes each couple of days,browsing youtube clips and playing the simplest of flash games.Until I found out a game called Runescape,which a couple of guys were playing in the corner.I quickly learnt about the game and finally decided to try it myself.Oh what bliss.The internet was fast,the screen was wide and the room was dark.What more could an obnoxious 11 year old kid want?

I was fascinated about the lore and the mechanics of the game.How could I have not heard it before? How amazing it was to be a virtual man in a virtual world! I realised that time was coming by faster and faster and I was asking for more and more spare change from my sister.It's funny how she never found it odd...

One particular day,I was at the cafe and I waltz over to my usual spot (far corner, I thought it had the fastest computer haha) and there's this obese guy sitting next to my favourite spot.Atleast he didn't take my computer.But then I realised that he was playing Runescape and was actually quite pro at it.I sit next to him and I boot up the computer and go straight to Runescape like usual.I'm determined to show off my character and my wealth in this game and he seems to notice.I admit,I was decent at that time (average player) and this seemed to piss him off.This obese guy in his 20's seems to be pissed off that I have such a "newb" account on Runescape and is determined to show off his account,which I admit at the time was admirable.Everytime I looked at his screen, he'd mutter under his breath things like "mind your own" and "do you mind?".I didn't seem to be concerned at his weird behavior but I guess I was 11 years old at that time so I'm excused.

As time goes on (as in weeks and months),I was probably at the same level as this guy.This set him off pretty hard.He would always ask the guy at the counter if I could be banned from coming to this cafe. Obviously,the guy asked for a reason and this fatso didn't come up with anything viable. So I'm pretty upset so I try and move and just as I'm standing up, the guy screams something like "This f***ing kid is trying to steal my skittles!".What an asshole I thought The guy at the desk comes to the scuffle and he tells me to move somewhere else.I agree and this obese guy is still giving me dirties.

Skip ahead,2 weeks later,I'm back again and the fat guy is sitting in his spot as usual.I try to avoid eye contact but I can feel his eyes glazed on me everywhere I go. So I sit at my new favourite spot and I log into Runescape.Well this was the age in Runescape where you could add anyone onto your friends list without the other players consent.I knew this because the mean fat guy from across the room is sending me IM's in Runescape telling me to change servers (I always played in the same server since my friends all did too,it was like an unofficial school friends server) and I don't reply because I don't have his name on my friends list.This goes on for ages, and I never stopped to think how awkward it was for him to be cussing me out in a game,from across the room.I would have reported him if he used bad language but he never did,and I think he knew his limits,at least in the pixel world.

Suddenly one day out of nowhere,this fat idiot asks me to go into the Wilderness (kinda like a pvp part of the world) to help him kill something in-game.I'm not a dumbass, atleast not in RS.Now for you guys/girls who don't know about PvP in Runescape,if you die to someone else,you lose all your stuff in your bag.So basically, this idiot thinks he can trick me into going into the Wilderness with him and then lure me far enough to kill me and claim his title and pride.Well all I can remember was that our in-game level differences were very little and I spent my time in-game doing quests/grinding while the fat man sat in-game doing irrelevant things,which explains why I had caught up within a few months of starting.Back to the cafe,I agree and I can feel the tension between us.This idiot also tells me to wear my best armour and weapons ("incase we die to zombies").Prior to this, I tell one of my friends Chris to follow us at a distance so I can get my revenge my jumping the fatso with the help of Chris and ultimately get his stuff.The fat guy notices that a random guy (Chris) is following us and potentially ruining his scheme ("he tells Chris to get lost in-game") and tries to make me change servers so we can shake my friend off.Then I make up a brilliant plan.I tell the fat idiot to lure my friend Chris deep into the Wildy so we can jump him instead (opposite).Just to tell you folks,we are all private IMing in-game so neither can see what we type to either people.On with the plan,the fat guy agrees (but Chris and I know he'll end up killing me after anyways).By the way,the fatso doesn't know I have a connection with Chris so the idiot thinks that Chris is just a tag along random.We go finally reach the wilderness and we go heaps far into the wilderness and I remember we were lost in and I tell Chris to ask the mean guy if "they" wanna jump me instead.Immediately, the fat guy agrees and I can hear him laughing in the cafe.The idiot strikes me first (which means he will lose ALL items since he is the one starting the duel).I snicker and I tell Chris to jump him.We end up killing the guy and I'm picking up his stuff when the fat idiot is getting out of his seat to come and eat me.I quickly log off,run under the tables and out of the cafe (prepaid cafe btw) and I sprinted for my life.

Skip ahead to 1 year later,our house finally has broadband hooked up and my sister bought a nice laptop which she shared with me.I had not touched Runescape in for exactly 1 year and I logged on to see what it was like (I had lost interest in Runescape) and I'm just trying out some new features when I get a private IM from Fatty in the cafe.

"You are lucky you didn't come back".I remember this vividly.I didn't reply and I tried to ignore him."I wish I could kill you in real life",was the next thing he said,after I didn't reply.I immediately filed a report on him to Jagex and he was banned a week later,information came through my email.

I can't imagine what would happen if I went back to the cafe.Or if he saw me eating with my parents at the food court.

NOTE:To all people who are offended by the term fat, no offence. Seriously.
This guy's name needed to be called Fat. He was obese but had issues.

Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 03:16)
Very interesting that the ball of light has followed you. From what I understand, they usually indicate the presence of a deceased relative or friend. The thing is, you've seen this yourself and not through a camera shot so the 'dust particle' theory is out.
You've got nothing to worry about.

That's what I read also, but I never read that it was a relative or friend. It's just the spirit of somebody who's died. It's nice to here reassuring words though, my dad's side of the family has a lot of ghost stories. I'll have to get him to tell me some tomorrow and I might post them up, I remember a couple really did scare me

Rolf Harris
  • Rolf Harris

Always watching... rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 12:58)
It all started out in the early years of the MMORPG Runescape. Now if you don't know what Runescape is,I suggest you search it up now. Once the most popular MMO to hit the interwebs until WoW took over...

That was one of the best stories I've read in awhile. Kudos to you, bro.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

A few years ago as I was lying in bed trying to sleep. I heard someone whisper my name. At first I thought it was my imagination, so I ignored it. Then I heard it a few more times, so I turn to the position of where the voice as coming from, and what I saw was 3 red orbs. The orbs started flying around the room like it was chasing each other until it stopped and began fly in a circle formation (like a merry go round). Then it spun really really fast until it became a tiny red dot and disappears.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

few years back i went to see an exposition about medicine from the early 20th century or something like that.
So I sit down to watch some clips and I get to see a surgery on some guy's leg tumor.
I won't go on details about it but I got out of there pale as snow and my vision all grainy and yellow-ish, luckily didn't pass out but it was a very strange feeling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users