Photo

Car Storage in GTA V

17 replies to this topic
gta360
  • gta360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

What do you think R* should do in terms of car storage in GTA V.

A lot of people were dissapointed to see they didn't implement garages into GTA IV, but I believe they were right not to. If you think about it all our safe houses were apartments, in New York. Not many apartments would have garages, I think the parking zone was a good idea, it was more realistic. (I'm a RP'er by the way). Although it did have some flaws. I think the closest you could of come to a garage in GTA IV would be maybe an underground car park at Playboy's Penthouse.

But anyway, how do you think cars should be saved in the upcoming release? I think that because our properties/safehouses will be in more suburban areas we will get garages. I don't however want a Saints Row garage, I want a garage where anything that fits in it, (gigedy), should be saved. However, another feature regarding this that I think should be implemented is; whatever land you own on which your house is, ie your front garden, back garden etc should have the ability to store cars. I've seen plenty of houses in real life with old wreaks parked in the front garden that are "waiting to be restored". Why shouldn't I be able to do this on GTA. I want to be able to fill my front lawn with supercars and for them not to dissapear when I turn around. I want my back garden covered in quad bikes and trials bikes.

Obviously they would have to cap the number cars to like 50, but that's still plenty to save all my favourite cars. What do you think?

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

gta iv park lots sucked.
if a car that is passing trough the street hit your infernus, then you lost it forever becuse the infernus got like 1cm out of the line.

gtav nut
  • gtav nut

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=517249

gta360
  • gta360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

I agree, more or less it was Police or Taxis that would shunt your cars out of the parking space, replacing your prize supercar with some New York cab. mad.gif

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

I would just prefer that there was another mechanism of storing cars. I remember in a streetfight once I used an RPG, but being on my Bohan safehouse street, I accidentally destroyed my cars, which was annoying. I would much rather be able to store them safely knowing that I am not going to lose them through stupid things.

Cars in the game generally need fixed though. I remember when I first had the Infernus and I was careful with it because I felt it was unique. Then though, every 2nd street you went down you would see them parked or being driven. It just ruins that feeling of having a unique car, and is hugely unrealistic in the poorer areas of the city such as Bohan for example.

MuteMe
  • MuteMe

♣Quiet╫Observer♣

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (gta360 @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 18:43)
What do you think R* should do in terms of car storage in GTA V.

A lot of people were dissapointed to see they didn't implement garages into GTA IV, but I believe they were right not to. If you think about it all our safe houses were apartments, in New York. Not many apartments would have garages, I think the parking zone was a good idea, it was more realistic. (I'm a RP'er by the way). Although it did have some flaws. I think the closest you could of come to a garage in GTA IV would be maybe an underground car park at Playboy's Penthouse.

But anyway, how do you think cars should be saved in the upcoming release? I think that because our properties/safehouses will be in more suburban areas we will get garages. I don't however want a Saints Row garage, I want a garage where anything that fits in it, (gigedy), should be saved. However, another feature regarding this that I think should be implemented is; whatever land you own on which your house is, ie your front garden, back garden etc should have the ability to store cars. I've seen plenty of houses in real life with old wreaks parked in the front garden that are "waiting to be restored". Why shouldn't I be able to do this on GTA. I want to be able to fill my front lawn with supercars and for them not to dissapear when I turn around. I want my back garden covered in quad bikes and trials bikes.

Obviously they would have to cap the number cars to like 50, but that's still plenty to save all my favourite cars. What do you think?

Having garages back would be cool, but to be able to park your cars anywhere on your lot not so much. whatsthat.gif

gta360
  • gta360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:24 PM Edited by gta360, 17 July 2012 - 09:26 PM.

The car spawning has always annoyed me to, you'll spend ages looking for that rare car and when you find it, the streets are full of identical ones! I don't think they'll change that though, it's been in every GTA game as far as I can remember.

MuteMe, why don't you like the lot idea? smile.gif

ClareXoBearrx3
  • ClareXoBearrx3

Chief Technology Officer, NTWT

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I like garages, but they need to be large enough to fit any land vehicle. Hated it when I finally got a Barracks but could never find a place to store it in GTA san andreas. Plus, add special places to store aircraft, etc.

The cars in the yard idea is grrrrreat!!! I'd love to see this feature. If you don't like it, simply don't use it! biggrin.gif

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:38 AM Edited by Zulu2065, 18 July 2012 - 02:54 AM.

Garages. No garages and I'll be pissed. I'd like normal garages with 2 spaces. High end houses need garages with more cars.

Oh, and maybe driveways would be good.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

there needs to be a mix of both, street parking at more compact parts of the city like in apartments for example, one car garages in the more spacious parts of the city and in the luxurious areas there needs to be double garages.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 13:50)
there needs to be a mix of both, street parking at more compact parts of the city like in apartments for example, one car garages in the more spacious parts of the city and in the luxurious areas there needs to be double garages.

Yep, a mix of all designs, i do like in IV how the car parks made a little more sense, rather than an apartment block and you get your own garage, i hate to talk about life-like features, but this was one of the ones i liked.

I know all the limitations with current generation systems, but i really want the game to remember the last 5 cars i drove, if i drove a taxi, smacked it into a wall and the pick up another car and drive around, the taxi should still be there.

I also want them to fix the disappearing car before missions glitch! I hated driving from my apartment in the nice car i saved for that specific reason only to lose the car during the mission cut-scene, it's not fair!

gta360
  • gta360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 02:50)

I think this is a good idea, it makes sense not to have your own driveway and garage when your living in a crowded apartment block. But when you have your own house in the suburbs you should be free to park wherever you like on your land. smile.gif

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

There was a topic on this just the other day. Where I said I want every option available from a simple parking spot to entire dealerships. Basically I want an entire under- and overground car economy in the game that covers everything from illegal streetraces, to boosting cars, chop and mod shops, collector's garages (maybe even some vintage cars to steal/collect). Every vehicle in the game has a value and can be stolen/bought/owned/saved/modded/raced/lost etc.

GuyB121
  • GuyB121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

If we get a Mansion in Mullholland we should get like, a 12 car garage, and we should get an underground car park if we get a luxury penthouse in downtown LS, however I like the idea of being able to park your car on the driveway or in the front lawn, it would actually give some use for your house coming with a large garden.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

Like what is said above, GTA IV parking spots damn sucked darn balls!
It happens to me a lot when I loaded a savegame, go outside and see a f*cking taxi just bumped
my cars which I got them very hard to get them.
Like that orange Infernus which you got from a f*g, damn I forgot his name lol
But once that Infernus is gone, you'll never get it back...........unless you start that savegame or even worse....
......start a new game.................lol

I hope R* fix them this time.
Not only the taxi's bumps your parked cars, but these damn pigs on wheels also bumping your cars!

gta360
  • gta360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, the size of the car storage should be relative to the size of the property. One thing I don't want however is for cars to be saved at my safehouse and for them to respawn when destroyed (like in Saints Row). I think they should add a feature where if you blow your car up or drive it into a lake a couple of days later a tow truck would drop it off at your house, or maybe you could get a phone call to go and pick it up from the mechanics. What do you think? Doing it this way would be realistic and you wouldn't ever loose your favourite cars. Of course there should be a fee for repairing your vehicle and if you choose not to pay it, it would be the equivalent to deleting the car from your garage.

mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 10:12)
There was a topic on this just the other day. Where I said I want every option available from a simple parking spot to entire dealerships. Basically I want an entire under- and overground car economy in the game that covers everything from illegal streetraces, to boosting cars, chop and mod shops, collector's garages (maybe even some vintage cars to steal/collect). Every vehicle in the game has a value and can be stolen/bought/owned/saved/modded/raced/lost etc.

Quoted for truth... that'd be so badass.

matt_be
  • matt_be

Driver.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (gta360 @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 11:37)
Yeah, the size of the car storage should be relative to the size of the property. One thing I don't want however is for cars to be saved at my safehouse and for them to respawn when destroyed (like in Saints Row). I think they should add a feature where if you blow your car up or drive it into a lake a couple of days later a tow truck would drop it off at your house, or maybe you could get a phone call to go and pick it up from the mechanics. What do you think? Doing it this way would be realistic and you wouldn't ever loose your favourite cars. Of course there should be a fee for repairing your vehicle and if you choose not to pay it, it would be the equivalent to deleting the car from your garage.

icon14.gif Couldn't have said it better myself. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users