Quantcast

» «
Photo

Run and Gun

5 replies to this topic

Poll: would you want run and gun (40 member(s) have cast votes)

would you want run and gun

1. Like older gta's (5 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

2. Like Gta 4 (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

3. Like Max Payne 3 (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

So i was watching Mp3 and older gta's
and in the older gta's it was the lite hand guns was like u could run while shooting and the desert eagle or mp5 u could just walk
but they could make it like max payne if you aim and it will be 2 handed
or like GTA IV
Sorry for my english since im not english person

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I'd frame that.

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Maybe if weapon skill makes a return then at a certain point we could run and gun with certain weapons (pistols, smgs, etc.). I like both running and gunning and two handed shooting, so if you could switch between the two that would be great, not sure how that would be implemented though.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Ideally a mix between Max Payne 3 style run, dive and gun mixed up with a good deal of slower missions that are more tactical or stealthy. In GTAIV you spend too much time waiting for enemies to pop out their heads from cover. Once you become good at headshots, it's pretty tedious. Line up shot, wait, bang! Line up another, wait, wait some more, bang! and repeat. Close quarters combat could be pretty frustrating too.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 00:37)
Ideally a mix between Max Payne 3 style run, dive and gun mixed up with a good deal of slower missions that are more tactical or stealthy. In GTAIV you spend too much time waiting for enemies to pop out their heads from cover. Once you become good at headshots, it's pretty tedious. Line up shot, wait, bang! Line up another, wait, wait some more, bang! and repeat. Close quarters combat could be pretty frustrating too.

Agreed. What I like about MP3 is there isn't such a reliance on cover. In someways I think it would be cool if R* done something like bullet time and dead eye from RDR.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I'd frame that.

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 13:43)
QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 00:37)

Agreed. What I like about MP3 is there isn't such a reliance on cover. In someways I think it would be cool if R* done something like bullet time and dead eye from RDR.

This is slightly off topic, but since you mentioned MP3 and bullettime, I would like to see diving out of the way of oncoming vehicles make a return, with some tweaks. In 3 and VC if a car was coming at you at a relatively high speed and you hit jump, you would do the jumping animation that the peds do and hopefully get out of the way. Sometimes it wouldn't work, but when it did, it looked awesome (to me at least).

On topic: Something like bullettime would be pretty cool, but at the same time it wouldn't be "GTA" to most people and would cause some angst in the community (Y U COPY PASE ROCKSTAR?!?!) unless it was executed right and fit with the gameplay.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

top down gta's had a pill that slowed down time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users