Photo

What Drew you into playing gta?

10 replies to this topic
AliLiz19
  • AliLiz19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

As the title says, what made you pick up this game or any other gta game and say "hey this looks like it could be fun"?

austinkopeck
  • austinkopeck

Meth Cook

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Stealing cars, guns, killing virtual people. When I got the game I then found out how great the story and missions were.

Varrio
  • Varrio

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Initially the guns, cars and violence of course! Those are all the aesthetics a game could have to draw attention to any 13 year old back in the day. The GTA series we're one of (if not the first) games that were free-roam sandbox style with an abundance of guns, exploration and mindless violence. That is what attracted me.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

I already played VC and SA before III, so in my case I picked it because it was another GTA.

I just said "Let's see what this game has to offer!"

...And who would have known that it would become my all-time favorite!

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

I remember borrowing the CD cousin so I could play for a while.I didn't know what it is,until I started the game.It was simply epicness.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

I didn't know anything about GTA before I played GTA III in 2002. I probably didn't even saw the cover of the game before I played GTA III. But when I saw the game on screen (my brother or someone else played it) it looked awesome and the graphics were great and all. I didn't know what the game's purpose was but it looked like it was fun driving around in the city, that's all. Then I did the same thing and noticed that you could kill people in the game, then drive to another island, and at a later stage - doing fun missions.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

freedom!

I played it at an old friend, and I was amazed by the fact that you could go anywhere!

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

I was a big fan already of games with virtual cities you could explore. Crazy Taxi, Mario 64, Sonic Adventure. I loved all of these open world style games.

I tried for ages to run over peds in Crazy Taxi and always hated that I couldnt, the car would pass right thru the models.

I was watching my cousin play gtaIII driving a taxi and thought it was just another Taxi sim until he ran over a ped, got out and took the money. From that moment I was hooked.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

My classmates at the time (2004) told me about Vice City, but ironically I got to play the original Grand Theft Auto first, then GTA3 and then Vice City.

I played them in this order:

Grand Theft Auto (2004 until 2008)
Grand Theft Auto III (2005 to this date)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City (2005 until last year)
Grand Theft Auto 2 (2005/2006, played it several times but briefly)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (2006/2007 until last year)

I have also played LCS and IV but only briefly at one of my friends. I don't currently own a PC powerful enough to handle IV, or any console.

Dblcut3
  • Dblcut3

Crackhead

• Members
  • Greenland

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

I was about 7 when I got GTA3. The reason was that it was like the only game with cars and being able to walk. But because I was so young I couldn't get past Joey's missions.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

When gta3 came out there was nothing like it. Everyone was talking about this crazy game where it seemed like you could do anything. Theres so many games like it these days you wouldnt even think about it. Id played gta2 a year before and loved it but gta3 blew my mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users