Photo

Gun Customization in GTA 5

34 replies to this topic
TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:35 PM Edited by Masterfocker, 17 July 2012 - 12:12 AM.

If R* wants to make GTA 5 better than it already will be, they need to make guns customizeable. I'm not talking about Ghost recon type customization, I'm just talking about buying attachments for a certain gun.

Here are some attachments I was thinking of:

-Silencer (Less power, but quiet)
-Grip (Better accuracy)
-Bipod (Mainly for LMG's, used to counter recoil, if there is any. This attachment could be scrapped)
-Red Dot Sight (Cosmetic)
-Acog Sight (Zoom-in bonus when aimed)
-Flashlight (See in dark areas, nighttime)
-Laser Sight (Red dot in the middle of your crosshair when aiming, slight accuracy boost)
-Extended Mag (Increases number of bullets in the clip, not overall bullets you can carry)
-Grenade Launcher (Launches grenades from the launcher on your gun, has its own ammo, and you can only hold up to 5)

For shotguns:

-Buckshot (More powerful at close range, less powerful at range)
-Slugs (More powerful at range, not so powerful at close range)
-Basically all of the attachments up there except Grenade Launchers, Silencers, Bipods, and Extended Mags.

This is what I have so far. I will edit with more when I think of more. Or you could contribute.

Tell me if I did a good job, tell me if I did a bad job, but explain why. I want to know what you think, and what you would add/remove.

Thanks for your time biggrin.gif

Edit: I was also thinking a max of 2 or 3 attachments allowed on a gun at a time due to balancing.

tomi19
  • tomi19

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

That would be great and I think we will have it. Look at the photo on Rodeo Drive from the trailer, the men are holding an AK-47 with silencer!

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (tomi19 @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:39)
That would be great and I think we will have it. Look at the photo on Rodeo Drive from the trailer, the men are holding an AK-47 with silencer!

I really hope it's true. I would love using a money cheat and just buying a bunch of decked out guns colgate.gif

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

in your list grip and laser sight both do the same thing.

flash suppressor(reduce recoil, better accuracy)
gas system kit(weapon damage)
laser sight(better hip fire accuracy)
silencer(reduce noise)
increased clip(more ammo in magazine)
grenade launcher

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (1whitebuddah @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:41)

silencer(reduce noise)
grenade launcher

Laser Sight doesn't help your accuracy as much as the grip. I couldn't find any other use for the laser sight confused.gif

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

All really awesome ideas that would only push the games awesomeness that much further.

Really dig the ideas of silencers and red dot sight.

grenade launchers on m16s or something would be real nice too.

I'm hoping they return dual wield from SA as well, not really a customization but would still be nice.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:42)

silencer(reduce noise)
grenade launcher

Laser Sight doesn't help your accuracy as much as the grip. I couldn't find any other use for the laser sight confused.gif

in some games, the laser sight increases first shot accuracy. max Payne 3 in multiplayer, sometimes the weapon would jam, maybe they could implement that into gta v and have an upgrade to make the gun more reliable.

tomi19
  • tomi19

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Also it will be great if we had a system similar to MP3, but not that... free. For example, you could only wield dual pistol and dual SMG's
(any two you want).

Like an mp5 in one hand and a Tec9 in another, or a Deagle in one hand and a 9mm in another.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Why cant guns already come with attatchments, like the silenced pistol in san andreas? I dont want 100+ attacthments for guns, gta isnt call of duty/saints row

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:47)
Why cant guns already come with attatchments, like the silenced pistol in san andreas? I dont want 100+ attacthments for guns, gta isnt call of duty/saints row

So because a game has attachments, means it's CoD? To many people, more attachments=more fun and more possibilities. If a gun had a pre-made set of attachments, it'd get boring. If you bought the attachments, you could make tons of different varieties of a gun

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:49)

So because a game has attachments, means it's CoD? To many people, more attachments=more fun and more possibilities. If a gun had a pre-made set of attachments, it'd get boring. If you bought the attachments, you could make tons of different varieties of a gun

But if you buy the gun, and loose it when you get busted, wasted, or swap the gun for another one, wouldnt all the money you spent on the attatchments go to waste?

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

gta is a mixture of most genres merged into one, its a versatile game so we need attachments to adjust to the situation, it brings a whole new level into gta.

most games nowadays have weapon attachments not just call of duty or saints row

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:50)

But if you buy the gun, and loose it when you get busted, wasted, or swap the gun for another one, wouldnt all the money you spent on the attatchments go to waste?

That's the fun and risk of it. If it's anything like GTA 4 though, you'll have no money problems at all. And for the dropping thing, I say just being able to pick up something you dropped would fix that.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:54)

That's the fun and risk of it. If it's anything like GTA 4 though, you'll have no money problems at all. And for the dropping thing, I say just being able to pick up something you dropped would fix that.

Yes, I hope dropping/picking stuff up is improved

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:55)
QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:54)

Yes, I hope dropping/picking stuff up is improved

I like the risk and reward idea though. You can either spend the money, and have a gun that does better in certain situations, or save the money and not be at an advantage. Gives you a new choice that would be perfect for GTA

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

silencer(reduce noise)
grenade launcher

Not if they follow what it was used for in Max Payne 3, In MP3 the laser attachment gave your first shot to hit more power.
A grip will reduce recoil improving accuracy.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 00:06)

silencer(reduce noise)
grenade launcher

Not if they follow what it was used for in Max Payne 3, In MP3 the laser attachment gave your first shot to hit more power.

I don't know what to do with the laser sight. Might just scrap it if someone doesn't come up with a good idea

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 00:06)

silencer(reduce noise)
grenade launcher

im just following the battlefield 3 system, and i mention in an earlier post that the laser increases first shot accuracy.
flash suppressor reduces vertical recoil and grip reduces horizontal recoil

Shreddy Krueger
  • Shreddy Krueger

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Some basic attachments would be a cool feature. Things like Silencers, extended mags, some sort of recoil limiter, etc etc. I don't see a need to go absolutely crazy to the point where guns are meticulously crafted, I just don't feel the game would warrant such specific gunplay. What I'm more interested in is the ammunition. TBOGT toyed with the explosive shotgun shells and it was f*cking awesome imploding a car (and people's faces). I'd like to more stuff like this, perhaps hollowpoints. Even for explosives as well, rather than having grenades, pipe bombs and C4 charges, we could have things like flash bangs, or more highly-powered RPG/grenade launcher ammo. There's a lot of options to go through, I wouldn't expect R* to go into too much detail, but it would be cool to see a little variety.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Shreddy Krueger @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 00:20)
Some basic attachments would be a cool feature. Things like Silencers, extended mags, some sort of recoil limiter, etc etc. I don't see a need to go absolutely crazy to the point where guns are meticulously crafted, I just don't feel the game would warrant such specific gunplay. What I'm more interested in is the ammunition. TBOGT toyed with the explosive shotgun shells and it was f*cking awesome imploding a car (and people's faces). I'd like to more stuff like this, perhaps hollowpoints. Even for explosives as well, rather than having grenades, pipe bombs and C4 charges, we could have things like flash bangs, or more highly-powered RPG/grenade launcher ammo. There's a lot of options to go through, I wouldn't expect R* to go into too much detail, but it would be cool to see a little variety.

The Sticky Bombs/C4 in Gay Tony were the best. I loved setting up ambushes with them devil.gif

Shreddy Krueger
  • Shreddy Krueger

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

That's true the C4 did have it's uses for sure. I definitely wouldn't scrap them per se, but maybe them in a few different varieties. Some basics would be your standard explosive, napalm explosion, smoke/flash bomb. Just something simple to go about missions in a slightly different way.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Shreddy Krueger @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 01:09)
That's true the C4 did have it's uses for sure. I definitely wouldn't scrap them per se, but maybe them in a few different varieties. Some basics would be your standard explosive, napalm explosion, smoke/flash bomb. Just something simple to go about missions in a slightly different way.

Nuclear Grenade orly.gif

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 03:13)

Nuclear Grenade orly.gif

What you wanna blow LS.Would be fun Blowing up those little towns orly.gif

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

This would be cool but before any of this, more variety in guns.

I don't think all of these should come into the game though.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 01:14)

Nuclear Grenade orly.gif

R* needs to make a GTA spinoff: GTA: Saints Row. It'd be amazing biggrin.gif

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 03:16)

Nuclear Grenade orly.gif

Whaha.Then i would smack you with the big purple dildo biggrin.gif

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (I Luke @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 01:16)

Which ones would you scrap? And any you would add?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 01:18)

Nuclear Grenade orly.gif

Not before I blew you up with my Giant Fist!

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 03:19)
QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 01:18)

Nuclear Grenade orly.gif

Not before I blew you up with my Giant Fist!

Well You can have my mask tounge.gif

OT: i hope there is a Daedalus Then rain hell above LS

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 01:18)
QUOTE (I Luke @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 01:16)

Which ones would you scrap? And any you would add?

I would scrap:

Grenade launcher - I think they will bring another one into the game. And tbh, I just don't like the sound of it. (my opinion)

Red dot sight - Like you said, cosmetic. 3rd person game, you wouldn't be able to see it on your gun, just kinda useless and development time.

Laser sight - GTA has a lock on system, laser sight would be kind of pointless again. If you're referring to snipers only, unless they were going to do something to them and make them more involved then I don't see the point in a laser sight. Try a sniper in game, its so awkward to use.

Any that I would add.. Not particularly. You've mentioned the most useful and most used ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users