Photo

Why does my vice city stoires

5 replies to this topic
Gangsta321
  • Gangsta321

Next Stop Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hi so i bought GTA Vice city stories and the game looks like sh*t and i play it on 42'' LCD full HD TV on my PS2 i wanted my game to look like this
user posted image
But instead the game looked like TOTAL sh*t please any help

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:15 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeedRulez, 16 July 2012 - 10:19 PM.

The PlayStation 2 really looks bad in the newer TVs, but there is a solution:

1st - You need to buy Component Cables for your PS2.
2nd - Low the Sharpness of your TV.
3rd - Do not get too close of your TV, stay at least 2,5 meters away from her.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Like ClaudeSpeedRulez said, you need component cables to take advantage of better quality. You might already have those, but if not they aren't too hard to find, and PS3 component cables also work.

Overall though, the PS2 version doesn't look as good as the PSP version. I'm not sure why this is, as I would think the graphics would be updated for the more powerful system. But I'm guessing it's because the PSP's low resolution (which looked good on the tiny screen) was upscaled onto a big TV. The PSP version seems to have better colors, more defined player models, etc. On the PS2, stuff looks a lot more blocky (like how it does in the original Vice City). Sunsets also look better on the PSP version.

Source: I have played both the PSP and PS2 versions regularly, although now I only have the PS2 version.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

I guess there is that most powerful kind of video cables. Forgot its name though.

I don't think the game feels upscaled from a small resolution though. It looks great on a medium sized TV (mine). I'm not into sizes though. Also, I think there was a setting that could do something to your graphics, forgot which one cause I haven't played it for a while. It must be under "Display" I think, in the pause menu.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

@mincemate003

For me it was different, I thought that GTA Vice City Stories had pretty good graphics, and were even better on the PS2 version.
However, the PS2 version is kinda dark, while the PSP version is all shinny and vibrant like Vice City.

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez)
It looks great on a medium sized TV (mine)

Yeah, I have a 22" LCD Sony Bravia that I use as PC monitor and TV at the same time.
And the game looks awesome here.
However, I also have a 42" LED LG TV at my living room, and the PS2 looks a little bit worse there.

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez)
Also, I think there was a setting that could do something to your graphics, forgot which one cause I haven't played it for a while. It must be under "Display" I think, in the pause menu.

Yup, it was the "Trails" option, Rockstar added it because the PS2 doesn't support Anti-Aliasing very well, so the screen goes all blurry to hide the jaggie edges.

Turning it off enhance the graphics even more, but the jaggies are far more visible.

BartSmith
  • BartSmith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 03:53)
Yup, it was the "Trails" option, Rockstar added it because the PS2 doesn't support Anti-Aliasing very well, so the screen goes all blurry to hide the jaggie edges.

Turning it off enhance the graphics even more, but the jaggies are far more visible.

I suggest that it's best to have the trails on. It adds the bloom effect which looks great at night and it softens the edges too. I'm playing on 32" Sharp LCD by golden component cables & it looks much worse when I turn the trails off. Funny thing is that for me, this is the only GTA game that looks better with the trails on. I always turned off the trails since GTA III moto_whistle.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users