4 Stars When Entering the Airport?

35 replies to this topic
The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

As you know planes have pretty been confirmed to be in GTA 5. This made me think why were they not in GTA IV. I guess it was because of the map size.

But either way, in IV if you entered the airport you got an automatic 4 star wanted level (5 stars maybe). So I was thinking whats going to happen in GTA 5? We'll hardly get the swat on our ass for entering the airport to fly our private jet. What about if you got a wanted level when you entered the airport at the start of the game, but at some stage you get a pilots licence and you're allowed into the airport.

This could mean we can't get a plane at the start of the game to have fun because the swat will kill us, considering theres no cheat so the police never come after you.

What do you think is going to happen when we enter the airports in the game? If we don't have a pilots licence will we get a wanted level? Will we be allowed enter whenever we want?

Your thoughts?

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

i could see it working, but i also can see a lot of people bitching...also planes in GTAIV was absent not because of map SIZE, but because of how map was structured...there were tall building and hardly any space to land...

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm hoping you get 4 stars unless you have some sort of license.

Nathan and Jessie
  • Nathan and Jessie

RIP Zee (2002-2013)

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 17:07)
What do you think is going to happen when we enter the airports in the game? If we don't have a pilots licence will we get a wanted level? Will we be allowed enter whenever we want?

The airport was a restricted area in San Andreas, too. You needed a pilot's license to enter it without cheating and hopping the fence.

Since planes are back, it'll probably work the same way as San Andreas - you need a pilot's license to enter legit or else you're trespassing.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

wasn't the reason you got 4 stars because of the terrorist threat, i think rockstar were elaborating on the security of modern day airports. we will be able to go in an airport freely this time round...hopefully.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

GTA IV had a terrorist threat, that's why you weren't allowed to cross the bridges or enter the airport. Not sure what GTA V will have but it would just be mean to tease us with planes just to have the goddamn airforce intercepting us the moment we take off. tounge.gif

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 11:09)
i could see it working, but i also can see a lot of people bitching...also planes in GTAIV was absent not because of map SIZE, but because of how map was structured...there were tall building and hardly any space to land...

It was because of the map size, R* confirmed that.

Anyways, I think you'll have to go through an annoying flight school thing and get your license, and then you can enter the airport. That seems reasonable.

GTA4L1fe
  • GTA4L1fe

Outlaws till the end

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

I hope they make it similar to San Andreas, so that you'll need a flying license in order to get into the airport legally.

xAvenged7x
  • xAvenged7x

A7x foREVer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

I hope we can just go in without any penalty. It was really annoying in IV. It's like a whole section of the map that your not allowed in without cop cars smashing you and people shooting you. I'd really like to just drive around in there some days.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 13:09)
...also planes in GTAIV was absent not because of map SIZE, but because of how map was structured...there were tall building and hardly any space to land...

“Hey guys hope everything is good over there in Rockstar. Just a question referring to GTA 4, the game was brilliant and I really enjoyed and still do, but what disappointed me was the lack of planes and jets... Can you tell me why you didn't include them, I'm sure you have a very valid reason?” – via Mouthoff

The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying. It was the first time we made a high definition open world, and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale – we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly. Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date.

http://www.rockstarg...eft-auto-v.html

Map size is the reason. GTASA did so in an unrealistic fashion by current gen standards.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

paleontologist

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Nathan and Jessie @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 17:15)

The airport was a restricted area in San Andreas, too. You needed a pilot's license to enter it without cheating and hopping the fence.

Since planes are back, it'll probably work the same way as San Andreas - you need a pilot's license to enter legit or else you're trespassing.

You didn't get a wanted level for entering the airport without a license though. So essentially, you could access the airport whenever without any worries.

Shreddy Krueger
  • Shreddy Krueger

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

We wouldn't get a wanted level if we owned the airport, would we? wink.gif

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

I think you should get a wanted level for entering the runway areas of the airport. It would be like any random person going there... very suspicious. Maybe not 4 stars where it's shoot on sight though until you actually steal a plane.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

BRING BACK THE PILOT LICENSE!

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

I don't know. But I don't hope I get 5 stars instantly when I jump over the fence with nobody seeing me. If they see me on camera or guards see me then it is okay for me to get 5 stars.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

The dick at the gate wouldn't let you in. So I just got a truck, parked it up against the wall, climbed onto the truck and got over the wall. You don't get a wanted level, even at the start of the game. I think in GTA 5 it will be more realistic and we will get a wanted level until we get ourselves a pilot licence.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

there're three airports in San Andreas which one you're talking about? lol.gif ...i guess San Fierro...

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 17:22)
...also planes in GTAIV was absent not because of map SIZE, but because of how map was structured...there were tall building and hardly any space to land...

“Hey guys hope everything is good over there in Rockstar. Just a question referring to GTA 4, the game was brilliant and I really enjoyed and still do, but what disappointed me was the lack of planes and jets... Can you tell me why you didn't include them, I'm sure you have a very valid reason?” – via Mouthoff

The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying. It was the first time we made a high definition open world, and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale – we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly. Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date.

Map size is the reason. GTASA did so in an unrealistic fashion by current gen standards.

someone really needed to nitpick my words confused.gif ...you didn't have to show me those quote i've seen and read it maybe even more than you! ...but to me this quote doesn't sound like they're talking about MAP SIZE, there's difference between map size and "environemt big enough"...oopse sorry for double post...

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 19:29)

there're three airports in San Andreas which one you're talking about? lol.gif ...i guess San Fierro...

Nope, Los Santos airport, at the very start of the game. Or you could use the jet pack or x30 jump height to get over the wall. I remeber I first done it in 2004. I didn't know you had to use R2 and L2 to fly and I crashed, in the airport bored.gif

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 19:34)

Nope, Los Santos airport, at the very start of the game. Or you could use the jet pack or x30 jump height to get over the wall. I remeber I first done it in 2004. I didn't know you had to use R2 and L2 to fly and I crashed, in the airport bored.gif

dunno anything about Los Santos one, but i'm pretty sure i had difficulties crossing San Fierro one...i never lied Los Santos airport anyway, San Fierro one was by miles better in my opinion...

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

No shame in that man lol.gif I once landed without even activating my landing gear(it would have been such a perfect one if I did) so I skid on the runway for about a second then I heard those 4 explosions the plane make when they crash.

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 19:32)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 17:22)

someone really needed to nitpick my words confused.gif ...you didn't have to show me those quote i've seen and read it maybe even more than you! ...but to me this quote doesn't sound like they're talking about MAP SIZE, there's difference between map size and "environemt big enough"...oopse sorry for double post...

They're absolutely talking about map size. The planes would've went from one side of the map to the other too quickly and would've been pointless to include. If the height of buildings mattered then helicopters would've been left out. And places for landing planes is irrelevant because there is an airport. If they intended to include planes they could've just added an airport to the other side of the map.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Causing mayhem in Los Santos

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

The 4 star wantend level at the airport made sense in gta 4 because it was based on nyc and R* wanted it to copy the whole terrorism threat issue but since gta v is in san andreas, i see no need for a any wanted level at a airport.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

"If the height of buildings mattered then helicopters would've been left out" - excuse me what??! do you realize what a nonsense you've just said??! mercie_blink.gif turn.gif

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 19:36)

dunno anything about Los Santos one, but i'm pretty sure i had difficulties crossing San Fierro one...i never lied Los Santos airport anyway, San Fierro one was by miles better in my opinion...

San Fierro is the best airport by far yes. But you can't get to it at the very start of the game.

Josh_inGTAV
  • Josh_inGTAV

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

I Think it is very appropriate to get police after you after you entered a unauthorized location in the airport just like real life

P.S Yes I'm blafernable and this is my new account please don't ban me i'm sorry for the things i've done in the past smile.gif

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 19:58)
"If the height of buildings mattered then helicopters would've been left out" - excuse me what??! do you realize what a nonsense you've just said??!  mercie_blink.gif   turn.gif

Explain how thats nonsense. Helicopters and planes both fly. Height of buildings was a contributing factor to leaving out planes (in your mind) but had no affect on helicopters. Why? Because they can land on helipads on buildings? So what, I can also land a plane on a street. I think out of all the times I've used helicopters in GTA games, the amount of times I actually land them has to be under 1% of the time.

MAJORMANN
  • MAJORMANN

GTA MOTHA F*CKA

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (xAvenged7x @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 17:20)
I hope we can just go in without any penalty. It was really annoying in IV. It's like a whole section of the map that your not allowed in without cop cars smashing you and people shooting you. I'd really like to just drive around in there some days.

Do missions

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 17:16)
GTA IV had a terrorist threat, that's why you weren't allowed to cross the bridges or enter the airport. Not sure what GTA V will have but it would just be mean to tease us with planes just to have the goddamn airforce intercepting us the moment we take off. tounge.gif

The satirization of fears of terrorism were one of the defining elements of GTA IV. One pedestrian publicly says that "this country has gotten really fascist since the attacks". Although no direct references to 9/11 are made and the city contains no in game equivilent of the World Trade Center site which is now the site of the "One World Trade Center" skyscraper under construction. They were very afraid of causing controversy or offending the families of those who died.

The little kids who would post videos of attacks on the internet also played a role.

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Josh_inGTAV @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 20:02)
I Think it is very appropriate to get police after you after you entered a unauthorized location in the airport just like real life

P.S Yes I'm blafernable and this is my new account please don't ban me i'm sorry for the things i've done in the past smile.gif

Give him a second chance.

OT: why not just keep it restricted untill like our 5th or 10th mission where we would get our licence. For all we know our protag could be an airforce dropout or something.
''I needed to get away from what I was doing'' could be anything confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users