Godzilla Reboot

125 replies to this topic
DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

'98 Godzilla, ahh, that makes me laugh. Only good thing that came from that movie was the Taco Bell commercials.

The new movie has a more insightful backstory to Godzilla, rather than just showing a iguana and a nuclear bomb explosion.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Despite the initial flaws that most people have brought to the critical roundtable (Godzilla's obvious lack of screen time and

Spoiler
), this easily holds the throne of Godzilla films in my opinion. The dreary, serious vibe of the entire film really helps pay homage to the original, the action sequences were top notch and the smaller, "dick-teasing" glimpses of Godzilla really set you up for that big monster brawling money shot towards the end. Not to mention the lack of unnecessary subplots was quite a pleasant surprise, as were the good performances by the cast.

1998's bastardized vision has now been, for the most part, wiped from my memory.

• DOOM! and Xerukal like this

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

I saw the movie yesturday. Godzilla 2014 was very garbage. That godzilla was too fat and too slow and there was barely any screen time. Every time a fight is about to happen, they cut it off to some bs human drama crap.

I don't care what anyone says. The 1998 Godzilla was the best godzilla movie ever made.

godzilla-1998.jpg?w=500&h=375

1998 godzilla was the best? Pfffft, that movie was a joke. Looks like you never watched japanese godzilla movies or your taste in movies sucks(but hey it's your opinion). 

On this new film, I pretty recommend it to my friends because it's f*cking gold. I hold my urine(lol) in the final scene because I couldn't get away to it. However, I do agree that new godzilla is fat imo, but he still kicks ass with his atomic fire.

• Funktipus likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

Aljohnk, you're 100% right about 1998 Fakezilla - a steaming pile of sh*t. Does everything Toho's G would never do.

As for Godzilla's screen time, he had less in his first 1954 film.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

I loved it....it was very well done, pace was good, it explained almost everything, fight scenes were awsome... What i really loved in the end was how 

Spoiler

• GTA564 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:51 PM Edited by Xerukal, 18 May 2014 - 05:51 PM.

I actually haven't really noticed him being fatter. Or at least, not enough to bother me. The design is the best Godzilla we've ever had so far. Not counting all the countless alternate Godzillas like Mecha-Godzilla and Space-Godzilla. 

Spoiler

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

I think he had plenty of screen time in my opinion. For those who leave their brains at the door, i'd say a good 40 minutes comprised of the Muto destroying stuff and or Godzilla chasing / fighting it.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

I just watched this yesterday and it was good much better than I expected. However I was disappointed with the way it ended and it left some unanswered questions. I heard a sequel is in the works which is a good thing obviously.

Anyways this is a damn good film worth watching. It keeps you entertained till the last minute. Only thing I was disappointed was with the way it ended:

Spoiler

Other than that it was pretty good.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:52 AM Edited by Xerukal, 20 May 2014 - 07:53 AM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Vercetti42 and krashr like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:40 AM Edited by krashr, 22 May 2014 - 02:45 AM.

seeing this tonight!

edit- 'twas good, a decent rendition of a tale long told

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

I just watched this yesterday and it was good much better than I expected. However I was disappointed with the way it ended and it left some unanswered questions. I heard a sequel is in the works which is a good thing obviously.

Anyways this is a damn good film worth watching. It keeps you entertained till the last minute. Only thing I was disappointed was with the way it ended:

Spoiler

Other than that it was pretty good.

Spoiler

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

Saw this with my mom tonight. Seriously the worst movie I've seen this year. There was not a single redeeming feature to it. Save your time and money, STAY AWAY from this garbage. So frickin' bad.

• milkmansun likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

godzilla.jpg

Godzilla is Terminator in disguise? I'm impressed.

• Failure, Xerukal, krashr and 1 other like this

Kevinnicholls62
  • Kevinnicholls62

My names Lewis (gamertag is inside joke) and I'm that white

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:04 PM Edited by Kevinnicholls62, 24 May 2014 - 03:05 PM.

Bet its gonna be a crap film. Bryan Cranston needs to just stop. Hes been the main character in three television shows and hes been in a few films over the years. Think he should just put his career to rest. This reboot looks like an awful atrocity of film-making.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:05 AM Edited by Xerukal, 25 May 2014 - 05:06 AM.

Bet its gonna be a crap film. Bryan Cranston needs to just stop. Hes been the main character in three television shows and hes been in a few films over the years. Think he should just put his career to rest. This reboot looks like an awful atrocity of film-making.

1. Bryan Cranston (unfortunately) is not the main character of the movie. 

2. Three television shows? I count two. Malcom In the Middle and Breaking Bad. Probably missing the third one. 

3. He has expressed interest in pursuing other paths in his career, rather than just play a Walter White-type villain all the time because that role is so cherished and unique. Godzilla is one of those attempts of pursuing something different, and it works quite well. His performance is exceptional, ask anyone. Even people who hate the reboot love Bryan's performance.

4. 1998's Godzilla was an atrocity of film-making. 2014's Godzilla erases that rape of a movie from history because of how f*cking awesome it is.  

Please go.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Bryan Cranston needs to just stop. Hes been the main character in three television shows and hes been in a few films over the years. Think he should just put his career to rest.

you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

also, don't review movies you haven't seen.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

I was really disappointed by this. Loved the creature designs, but that's where it stops. It was a bit of a headless beast. Kept hoping to hear BADA BUM BADA DUUUUUMMMM! Every time Godzilla lept into battle, though, if you catch my meaning.

Seriously terrible storylines and a series of increasingly improbable and yet utterly predictable events. Not to mention huge logical inconsistencies, overly stealthy GIANT MONSTERS, and a serious lack of on screen fighting. Though seeing it in news coverage was pretty funny.
  • FANTOMTRON likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

According to wiki, a Godzilla trilogy is planned. Keeping my fingers crossed Toho will allow Edwards to use their classic monsters.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:34 AM Edited by Funktipus, 26 June 2014 - 07:37 AM.

From what I've seen online, it looks like Mothra will be facing off against Godzilla in the sequel. And I noticed a couple of Mothra 'easter eggs' in the film.

The same reports have Mecha-Godzilla for the third film. I'd rather see King Ghidorah.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

I saw it a little over a week ago, I loved it... A lot.

Felt like it did every right thing I wanted it to... Although, the humans dragged on for a bit.

And once I came home, one of my theater-companions pointed out that he kinda looks like my cat. Now I can't unsee it.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:53 PM Edited by Funktipus, 26 June 2014 - 01:15 PM.

Felt like it did every right thing I wanted it to... Although, the humans dragged on for a bit.

And once I came home, one of my theater-companions pointed out that he kinda looks like my cat. Now I can't unsee it.

DVD comes out in November. I assume you're picking it up like I am, lol?

I thought the movie was well done - it sh*ts on that crapfest from '98. My only beef is Godzilla was portrayed differently in the trailer than he was in this film. I don't like the 'defender of humanity' role. I prefer the 'destroyer' role, which he was in his original '54 film, killing mfers left and right and leveling whole cities.

• DOOM! likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Mothra, Rodan & King Ghidora confirmed for GODZILLA 2 - OH YESSSS!!!!!

http://www.ign.com/a...source=facebook

• Toke likes this

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Members
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Ok Mothra and Rodan I get, they could just use the ol' radiation angle but King Ghidora?  How the f*ck are they going justify putting in a giant golden three headed dragon that spits lightning? 

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

Ok Mothra and Rodan I get, they could just use the ol' radiation angle but King Ghidora?  How the f*ck are they going justify putting in a giant golden three headed dragon that spits lightning? 

In the Toho films, King Ghidorah is a planet destroyer from space - maybe they'll use that angle.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

I thought the movie was well done - it sh*ts on that crapfest from '98. My only beef is Godzilla was portrayed differently in the trailer than he was in this film. I don't like the 'defender of humanity' role. I prefer the 'destroyer' role, which he was in his original '54 film, killing mfers left and right and leveling whole cities.

Agreed. Bringing in moth, rodan and ghidorah (f*ck yeah!) will be interesting, but I'm hoping by the third film, assuming they make one, he becomes the villain and lone monster for the flick.
  • Funktipus likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

Agreed. Bringing in moth, rodan and ghidorah (f*ck yeah!) will be interesting, but I'm hoping by the third film, assuming they make one, he becomes the villain and lone monster for the flick.

If he's the villain, how about the U.N. creating Mecha-Godzilla to deal with him? I like that idea for the third film.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Are you guys ready for King Kong vs Godzilla? It won't be here for awhile - Legendary is working on the Godzilla sequel first (supposedly featuring Mothra, Rodan & King Ghidorah), but it's coming. I'd rather see Mecha-Godzilla before Kong, but that's just me.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

Damn, how big is this Kong gonna be?

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:11 PM Edited by J-B, 13 September 2015 - 11:11 PM.

If you're willing to buy into idea of Kaigu then an equally large Kong is hardly immersion breaking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users