70 replies to this topic
BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Noooooooooooo
Deadpool is scheduled to come out sometime this summer, and development is winding down at High Moon Studios. Unfortunately for 40 full-time members of the dev team, that not only meant an end to their work on the game, but a pink slip as well.

Activision has acknowledges layoffs at the studio. "With the completion of development on Deadpool, we are taking a reduction in staff at High Moon Studios to better align our development talent against our slate," the company said in a statement to Joystiq. "Approximately, 40 full-time employees will be impacted globally. We are offering those employees who are impacted outplacement counseling services."

The company said that decisions such as these are an "ongoing process" to "align its costs with its revenues." While its normal for some cuts to be made after a game finishes production, Shacknews hopes those affected find employment again soon.

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

The game really looks fun. Can't wait to play it!

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

The official website:
http://i.imgur.com/Te7NaZR.png

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

THE ACHIEVEMENTS HAVE COME ONLINE
http://www.xbox360ac...l/achievements/

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

THE RELEASE DATE JUST GOT ANNOUNCED!
Deadpool is set to release June 25 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, Activision announced.

Developed by High Moon Studios, the Deadpool game is based on the Marvel Comics hero of a different variety. The mercenary is known for his foul mouth in addition to frequently breaking the fourth wall.

Activision also announced pre-order details for Deadpool. Separate pre-order bonuses are offered at different retailers.

Players who pre-order Deadpool from GameStop or EB Games will receive the Merc with a Map Pack. The bonus content includes the GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower maps for the game’s Challenge Mode along with the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits for use in Infinite Mode. GameStop PowerUp Rewards members can also get a Deadpool digital wallpaper.
Amazon pre-orders receive a $5 Amazon credit towards select Deadpool Marvel graphic novels. Additionally, Amazon customers will earn an exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve.

The game was originally announced last July at San Diego Comic Con.

Deadpool will be voiced in the game by video game voice actor extraordinaire Nolan North, who also provides the voice for Desmond Miles in Assassin’s Creed and Nathan Drake in Uncharted.

PC players will be able to purchase Deadpool for $40. The game will retail for $50 on consoles.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Very nice... 2 months. 2013 is going to be a good year, a good year indeed.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Seems like a fun game, now that a PC version is officially confirmed, I might be getting this game since it looks awesome and funny to me. Now I am looking forward to the gameplay videos. biggrin.gif

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

June 25! 1 day before my final day of classes, just what I wanted!

Looking forward to playing this game, Dead Pool probably has the best humor in the comics next to Spiderman. Loving the trophies/achievements also, collect 100 tacos hehe
And an amazing price tag on it too, especially for those getting it on PC

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

Will this game have multiplayer? If not, I ain't paying $60 for it...

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:28)

GTFO.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (Colanbarry @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:39)

GTFO.

Erm... No, not until my question is answered... confused.gif

Judging by your response, I'm guessing it won't have multiplayer. What a shame. I definitely would have bought this, but I can't games that don't have Multiplayer anymore. It feels like a rip-off. Even the sh*ttiest of all games have multiplayer...

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:46)

GTFO.

Judging by your response, I'm guessing it won't have multiplayer. What a shame. I definitely would have bought this, but I can't games that don't have Multiplayer anymore. It feels like a rip-off. Even the sh*ttiest of all games have multiplayer...

Go play some Skyrim, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, some games do not need multipayer while others do, CoD, MoH etc.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Colanbarry @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:51)

GTFO.

Go play some Skyrim, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, some games do not need multipayer while others do, CoD, MoH etc.

I actually don't like Skyrim or BioShock series. I do like Batman, but I would never pay $60 for it. I'll still get this game, dude, but I won't pay $60 for a game that doesn't have multiplayer. Just my preference.

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:53)

GTFO.

I actually don't like Skyrim or BioShock series. I do like Batman, but I would never pay $60 for it. I'll still get this game, dude, but I won't pay $60 for a game that doesn't have multiplayer. Just my preference.

Are you 10?

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 21:53)

GTFO.

The game is 50$, 40$ on PC

Is that good enough for you?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 02:53)

But you would pay $60 for a game with a tacked on multiplayer? Are you retarded? Not every game needs a multiplayer mode. I agree with Colanbarry. GTFO.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Now now I kinda agree and disagree with Grand Theft Savage.

First of, even if it's $40-$50, there's no guarantee it's worth the purchase price. I'm purchasing the game myself because for my love of Deadpool but I can see other people who aren't big fans of Deadpool giving this game a pass. There's nothing shown so far that shows a lot of replayability and the impression they might have on this game is that it's only good for a rent. Single-player only games such as Batman Arkham City or Deus Ex Human Revolution are worth their full purchase prices because they offer tons of replayability. Deadpool The Game is too soon to judge for that particular area.

Now onto the disagreeing part. Let me ask you this Grand Theft Savage, how the f*ck and why the f*ck would you put a multiplayer mode for a game based on a central character? It's f*cking Deadpool, the game is about him and him only. If there's a co-op mode with him and Cable wrecking sh*t up, heck yeah I don't mind but multiplayer for this sort of game is really unnecessary. Challenge Maps are confirmed, those can offer the content worth playing through after the story is done.

Man I really hope this game doesn't suck. Deadpool has played such a big part of my life.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Colanbarry @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 02:00)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:53)

GTFO.

Are you 10?

Possibly. Are you a pedophile? dozingoff.gif

The game is 50$, 40$ on PC

Is that good enough for you?

Well, I don't even use my PC for gaming. I'll wait for the price to reach about $35. Heck, I can probably get it for free.

But you would pay $60 for a game with a tacked on multiplayer? Are you retarded? Not every game needs a multiplayer mode. I agree with Colanbarry. GTFO.

No, and I haven't even said anything that implies that, fool. I pretty sure you are retarded. And I didn't say that every game needs multiplayer... GTFO.

Now onto the disagreeing part. Let me ask you this Grand Theft Savage, how the f*ck and why the f*ck would you put a multiplayer mode for a game based on a central character? It's f*cking Deadpool, the game is about him and him only. If there's a co-op mode with him and Cable wrecking sh*t up, heck yeah I don't mind but multiplayer for this sort of game is really unnecessary. Challenge Maps are confirmed, those can offer the content worth playing through after the story is done.

Dude, Multiplayer was one of my expectations. Deadpool encounters countless characters so I was expecting some sort of Versus Mode and definitely a Co-op mode. I believed that one could play Challenge Mode online with the help of friends. But I sort of realize your point. Multiplayer probably wouldn't be good for this game anyway...

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

FIRST HANDS ON IMPRESSIONS AND FIRST EVER GAMEPLAY!

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 22:30)
FIRST HANDS ON IMPRESSIONS AND FIRST EVER GAMEPLAY!

It's just as I expected......... Everything about this game is exactly the way I imagined it, even the stealth.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Oh god that stealth sequence was hilarious biggrin.gif

And it's a $40 game for PC.

Is this a sign that companies grew some brain cells? I'm kind of surprised that Activision isn't trying to sell every game for $60. This one obviously lacks a multiplayer component and it's priced appropriately. Then there's Ubisoft's Blood Dragon standalone expansion fro $15.

I like this. More developers should embrace that business model. A game doesn't need to be AAA to sell well. There's a huge market for smaller games and games without multiplayer. This is good business strategy IMO.

G The Generous
  • G The Generous

Hibernating

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

hmm, it looks good, better than I expected.
I hope the level design will be good.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

user posted image

A bit more gameplay:

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

I love Deadpool but this game looks like cheap crap. It almost reminds me of something like Postal 3 which was horrendous, such a bummer on both accounts.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:34 AM Edited by GunWrath, 19 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 20:53)

GTFO.

Then why the f*ck do you even game? That makes no sense to me.

'Why doesn't Age of Empires have a FPS multiplayer? Def not playing it.' That's what you sound like.. You don't deserve to handle Deadpool

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

http://imgur.com/JESnSKT

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Each to there own I suppose. I love RPG games and they don't have Multiplayer. Yes they are worth £40 ($60) because you get a lot of out of them. Batman is also great because you have challenge rooms and the main game. I do see where you're coming from in a way. Only I just find some games not to be worth full price period. Multiplayer doesn't give the game more replay value to me and make the game worth my cash. I'll be honest this game seems a bargain bin game at best.

Not because the lack of online but just the overall feeling I get from the game. monocle.gif

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

THIS GUY HAS THE FULL GAME WALKTHROUGH!

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

CRAZIEST TRAILER EVER! By the way, the game is out today.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 15:55)

Each to there own I suppose. I love RPG games and they don't have Multiplayer. Yes they are worth £40 ($60) because you get a lot of out of them. Batman is also great because you have challenge rooms and the main game. I do see where you're coming from in a way. Only I just find some games not to be worth full price period. Multiplayer doesn't give the game more replay value to me and make the game worth my cash. I'll be honest this game seems a bargain bin game at best.

Not because the lack of online but just the overall feeling I get from the game. monocle.gif

I really don't care. Again, I have preferences, just like everyone else.

OnTopic: I knew this game was going to suck. This is a f*cking flop in my opinion. Holy sh*t, I knew it wouldn't be good, but I did not expect it to be terrible. They shouldn't have made this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users