Photo

Fastest car in GTA 3

33 replies to this topic
Mixell
  • Mixell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey guys. I need your help, please tell me which car is the fastest in gta 3.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

The Infernus, with top speed of 240 km/h.

Mixell
  • Mixell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

THANKS!

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

I suppose that's one of the reasons you hate the car,right Arsen?
Anyways,I thought the Cheetah is the faster one.But better take Arsen's advice,he's a pro when it comes to Gta 3.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 19:03)
I suppose that's one of the reasons you hate the car, right Arsen?

Not exactly. I hate the car because for such an amazing speed it presents a very poor handling and spins out of control very fast when making turns or upon collision with any other vehicle or object.

Cheetah, on the other side, while bearing a top speed of 230 km/h, is a more stable car and keeps on the road pretty well. It also tends to spin out almost on every corner, so it takes a professional approach to know how to turn without spinning out.

Stinger has the top speed of 210 km/h, but is the most stable vehicle. It does not spin out that easily no matter what speed you drive, and you will never lose your grip after collisions. The drawback is that despite its size, the Stinger has a wider turning radius, but that is not much of a problem, I guess.

That is why Stinger is my personal favorite vehicle in the game.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 21:35)
QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 19:03)
I suppose that's one of the reasons you hate the car, right Arsen?

Not exactly. I hate the car because for such an amazing speed it presents a very poor handling and spins out of control very fast when making turns or upon collision with any other vehicle or object.

Cheetah, on the other side, while bearing a top speed of 230 km/h, is a more stable car and keeps on the road pretty well. It also tends to spin out almost on every corner, so it takes a professional approach to know how to turn without spinning out.

Stinger has the top speed of 210 km/h, but is the most stable vehicle. It does not spin out that easily no matter what speed you drive, and you will never lose your grip after collisions. The drawback is that despite its size, the Stinger has a wider turning radius, but that is not much of a problem, I guess.

That is why Stinger is my personal favorite vehicle in the game.

I never found the Cheetah hard to control.That's probably because I used that car a lot of times,I mean,a LOT.
Also I agree with you that the Stinger is the easiest to control.
But where do you know the speed of all the cars?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 21:40)
I never found the Cheetah hard to control.That's probably because I used that car a lot of times,I mean,a LOT.
-------------------------------------------------------

Well, about the Cheetah: you really have that professional approach I was talking about. The Cheetah needs time to get used to. And since you were driving Cheetah around very often, you already got used to it.

About the speed: look in the handling.cfg file in the data folder of GTA III directory. Apart from speed, you will find the mass, acceleration, breaking time, drive type, engine type, center of mass and monetary equivalent of every car - even Catalina's chopper!

Mixell
  • Mixell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

My favourite car is Stinger or Yakuza Stinger too biggrin.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 21:45)
QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 21:40)
-------------------------------------------------------

Well, about the Cheetah: you really have that professional approach I was talking about. The Cheetah needs time to get used to. And since you were driving Cheetah around very often, you already got used to it.

About the speed: look in the handling.cfg file in the data folder of GTA III directory. Apart from speed, you will find the mass, acceleration, breaking time, drive type, engine type, center of mass and monetary equivalent of every car - even Catalina's chopper!

Catalina's chopper?I really need to look into it.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 22:06)
Catalina's chopper?I really need to look into it.

Just you note that all the vehicles will have their system (in-game) names in the handling file, not the ones we see on the screen.

While some are totally the same (CHEETAH, INFERNUS, BANSHEE, MANANA, SENTINEL), and some can be guessed easily (LANDSTAL, BFINJECT, MRWHOOP, BELLYUP, MAFIA, YAKUZA etc), some are hard to guess from the first time.

These are:
TRAIN - Subway train and Portland's L-Train both
HELI - LCPD helicopter chasing Claude at 3 stars or higher + Catalina's helicopter used in "The Exchange"
AIRTRAIN - Big planes taking off and landing in Francis Intl. Airport
DEADDODO - Full-winged Dodo flying above Liberty City and the one used in "A Drop In The Ocean" to drop the packages

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

I find the Cheetah a bit easier to control than the Stinger, the latter takes corners too easy. The BF Injection has the best acceleration, and then comes Banshee slightly worse.

I prefer the Cheetah for its looks and handling over all the other sports cars.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Technically the Top Speed value has no effect on the car. You could make it 2000 or 6, and there will be no difference whatsoever when you drive it. How fast a car goes is actually controlled by the acceleration value. Cerbera did some interesting tests with this. smile.gif

RacingFreak
  • RacingFreak

GTA: SOL Team | Grand Theft Auto III Beta

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

I like the Cheetah (ex Rocket) smile.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 01:25)
Technically the Top Speed value has no effect on the car. You could make it 2000 or 6, and there will be no difference whatsoever when you drive it. How fast a car goes is actually controlled by the acceleration value. Cerbera did some interesting tests with this. smile.gif

Interestingly enough, it's not exactly the way it works! ...Well, at least for me.

I used to experiment with the handling file, and I once put the top speed value for the Rhino to '200', and it was going pretty fast indeed, although accelerated still slowly.

Then I put the top speed value for Infernus to '160', and I could definitely tell it was going slower than usual.

And I clearly remember leaving the acceleration values the same in both cases...

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

The best one is Perenial. sigh.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:55)
The best one is Perenial. sigh.gif

LoL.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I always though that Yakuza version of the Stinger is faster...turn's out nit's actaully slower, but has better steering.

I like Cheetah. Cheetah's da sh*t, in III, VC, and SA.

Plz give back Cheetah in GTA V!

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:02)
I always though that Yakuza version of the Stinger is faster...turn's out nit's actaully slower, but has better steering.

I like Cheetah. Cheetah's da sh*t, in III, VC, and SA.

Plz give back Cheetah in GTA V!

I guess it's natural to believe that the gang vehicles will be faster than their civilian counterparts. I did too.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Perennial is so gangsta. Remember Yardie mission.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Have A Nice Life.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

IMO the Cheetah has the perfect balance between everything. Because the Infernus has crap acceleration, Stinger has really bad under steer and the banshe has bad top speed. The Cheetah seems to be the best all round vehicle regarding agility.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

I don't think so, driving cheetah, it's so easy to lose control because of one bump on the road.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 13:13)
I don't think so, driving cheetah, it's so easy to lose control because of one bump on the road.

It's a matter of skill.I can drive the Cheetah pretty well without crashing too much.

Mixell
  • Mixell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Cheeath and Yakuza Stinger is the sh** in GTA III. I like those cars

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Mixell @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 14:28)
Cheeath and Yakuza Stinger is the sh** in GTA III. I like those cars

I agree with you,through my second favorite would be the Banshee,it's light,easy to control.Sure it has a weak top speed(compared to other sports cars) but it's pretty good.Plus you can get hold of one at the start of the game easily.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Banshee easy to control? I don't think so. I can drive it quite well but it sucks at turning at high speed.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 14:54)
Banshee easy to control? I don't think so. I can drive it quite well but it sucks at turning at high speed.

I didn't notice that.Probably because I don't use the handbrake so much.I use the default "S" button most of the time.I'm more familiarized with using that.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

I like the Banshee the bestin GTA III. It's a bit more tailhappy than the others because of its softer suspension and rear wheel drive and you have to actually concentrate while driving it. I haven't noticed the alleged lower top speed. The Cheetah is the polar opposite. Someone on another said said it was like "glued to the road", it handles just perfectly. Too perfectly in my opinion, it's so boring. The only way you can spin it out is by hitting a curb or something at speed, because of the low ride height. It goes like it's on rails.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Have A Nice Life.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 20:25)
QUOTE (Filip454 @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 13:13)

It's a matter of skill.I can drive the Cheetah pretty well without crashing too much.

Same here. For me, but maybe not other people, it's the quickest car.

It just depends on your certain driving style whether the Banshee, Stinger, Infernus etc.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 15:27)
The Infernus, with top speed of 240 km/h.

Ditto on Infernus it is a stylish and very very fast. The Cheetah is better in handling though. sarcasm.gif

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 15:06)
QUOTE (_____ @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 14:54)

I didn't notice that.Probably because I don't use the handbrake so much.I use the default "S" button most of the time.I'm more familiarized with using that.

It's kind of awkward to use that button\brake because the steering buttons are next to it, and most cars slow down pretty fast and I risk accidentally reversing the car and crashing it into something behind me. I rarely ever use that brake, 99% of the time I use the handbrake in combination with fast taps of the steering buttons to keep the car from turning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users