GTA V Screenshots - Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,750 replies to this topic
TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

They seem to be alternating between MP3 and GTAV now. Monday we got GTA, Tuesday we got MP3, Wed we got GTA, yesterday we got MP3...

...Today is GTA DAY smile.gif

(Hopefully)

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (TwistedMedia @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:08)

...Today is GTA DAY smile.gif

(Hopefully)

Definitely not.Today is FRIDAY

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

It's Friday, friday, gonna get down on Friday!

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:29)

sh*t, you just ruined my day by reminding me of that song.That f*cking earworm..

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Edit: Wrong topic. blush.gif

krspkbl
  • krspkbl

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 10:05)

sh*t, you just ruined my day by reminding me of that song.That f*cking earworm..

are you looking forward to the weekend? gonna be partyin'? biggrin.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (krspkbl @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 15:32)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 10:05)

are you looking forward to the weekend? gonna be partyin'? biggrin.gif

Don't want to hurt anyone but who the f*ck listens to Rebecca Black?

OT: The first pic, looks better than the latest one, IMO. The Draw Distance and the Time Cycle, they have been perfectly customized. smile.gif Also, the helicopter wasn't featured it the latest pics. Looks like these were BETA pics. confused.gif

FloridaGatorPride
  • FloridaGatorPride

GatorPride24

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

We need another A&A! plzzzzzz R*

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (FloridaGatorPride @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 14:20)
We need another A&A! plzzzzzz R*

The next Asked&Answered will be in late October at earliest because this there is the 10 years anniversary of GTA Vice City. GTA V won't be included in it. Maybe they make a seperate GTA V Asked&Answered in November? I don't know if GTA Vice City will have its own A&A. I'm just guessing...

GTAfanBG
  • GTAfanBG

Biggest GTA fan in BS/BG

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

October is going to be full of GTA related stuff (hopefully some GTA5 news too). I can't wait! biggrin.gif

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (krspkbl @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 14:03)
user posted image

Wait a friggin moment.
In this shot, we can clearly see the blooming cherry-blossom in the background. This only occurs in spring. Let's say April/May.

But in the trailer we were shown a scenery, were a grape harvest takes place. Californian grape harvests are always from mid september till mid october. (right now btw)

It could either imply a certain inconsistence or that there are seasons?
So, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but R* usually looks after those details for having a coherent atmosphere.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

It would be awesome if we had seasons biggrin.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Didn't Bully have that? I believed it had Christmas and Halloween? Unless you don't mean that?

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 13:01)
Didn't Bully have that? I believed it had Christmas and Halloween? Unless you don't mean that?

I think he means Spring, Summer, Autumn (Fall) and Winter.

But yeah that would be great and having snow up in mount chilliad would be awesome! Suppose it wouldn't be too hard to pull off too, seeing as Red Dead Redemption had snowy areas. It would also explain why snowskiis were on the vehicle list found in Max Payne (if that is actually true).

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 13:38)

But yeah that would be great and having snow up in mount chilliad would be awesome! Suppose it wouldn't be too hard to pull off too, seeing as Red Dead Redemption had snowy areas. It would also explain why snowskiis were on the vehicle list found in Max Payne (if that is actually true).

That would be sooooooooo sick. It would make the game feel so different from every other installment, compared to if it's only sunny, rainy, and nothing more than that. Snow would be absolutely awesome, man....imagine snow scooters....daaaaaamn!!! And yeah RDR had it too, but that was only in a certain location. It would be great if it could actually start to snow everywhere in Los Santos, but that's probably not possible on this hardware. It wasn't possible in Skyrim neither, snow didn't build up on the ground and i doubt that could happen in GTA V. So like you say...all up on the top of Mount Chiliad maybe.

herounderfireza
  • herounderfireza

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Cozzarelli @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 12:36)
user posted image

Wait a friggin moment.
In this shot, we can clearly see the blooming cherry-blossom in the background. This only occurs in spring. Let's say April/May.

But in the trailer we were shown a scenery, were a grape harvest takes place. Californian grape harvests are always from mid september till mid october. (right now btw)

So, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but R* usually looks after those details for having a coherent atmosphere.

Could be. Would be really cool if they implemented seasons, but to be honest I doubt that Rockstar would go into detail like that. I doubt that they will know when grapes are harvested in California. But let's hope there is some sort of seasoning in GTA V.

Good eye though icon14.gif

leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

How many people here received an email from Rockstar via the newswire on those new screenshots? I didn't.

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (herounderfireza @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 15:17)
user posted image

Wait a friggin moment.

Could be. Would be really cool if they implemented seasons, but to be honest I doubt that Rockstar would go into detail like that. I doubt that they will know when grapes are harvested in California. But let's hope there is some sort of seasoning in GTA V.

Would that be the 'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather' speech fitting in nicely then?

It's a nice idea but I don't really buy it. If you consider it takes 12 minutes for a day to pass in GTA IV, it would take six hours of game time to go 3 months and change season. Could work I suppose but still.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 18:11)
QUOTE (herounderfireza @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 15:17)
user posted image

Wait a friggin moment.

Would that be the 'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather' speech fitting in nicely then?

It's a nice idea but I don't really buy it. If you consider it takes 12 minutes for a day to pass in GTA IV, it would take six hours of game time to go 3 months and change season. Could work I suppose but still.

The seasons could go by the story, like in Mafia the time progresses forward as you pass more missions, also remember - bold new direction.

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

A full winterstorm on the mountain???

(*cough* ...bobsleigh, ski-mobile, snowplow)

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 15:05)

That would be sooooooooo sick. It would make the game feel so different from every other installment, compared to if it's only sunny, rainy, and nothing more than that. Snow would be absolutely awesome, man....imagine snow scooters....daaaaaamn!!! And yeah RDR had it too, but that was only in a certain location. It would be great if it could actually start to snow everywhere in Los Santos, but that's probably not possible on this hardware. It wasn't possible in Skyrim neither, snow didn't build up on the ground and i doubt that could happen in GTA V. So like you say...all up on the top of Mount Chiliad maybe.

Well that wouldn't really matter anyways. It doesn't really ever snow in Los Angeles, Los Santos' real life counterpart, and it only shows up on the mountains because of their elevation. But we could definitely see snow in the mountainous regions if the colder seasons are involved.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 08:11)

I may be a little rusty on my GTA, but weren't there 24 minutes in a day?

1 RL second = 1 in game minute

There's 24 in game hours, which takes 24 RL minutes.

A week would be 168 min or 2 hrs 48 mins.

A month would be ~ 672 min or 11 hours 20 minutes.

A season would be 2160 minutes or 36 hours.

A year would take 8760 minutes or 146 hours.

The majority of people wouldn't even get to see summer start over again, let alone the next season.
Simply too much work for something that would go unnoticed by alot of players. And besides that, Southern Cali's weather is practically always the same..

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I think the main problem with seasons (especially winter) would be fluent transition between them.

How would they move from no snow to snowy streets?

It would have to happen non fluently, i.e you go to sleep and the next day you have streets full of snow biggrin.gif

Corcovado
  • Corcovado

The V-Hunting Crew: Researcher

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

We had seasons in Bully, remember? It could be done.

RamKaNam
  • RamKaNam

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 19:42)

Well that wouldn't really matter anyways. It doesn't really ever snow in Los Angeles, Los Santos' real life counterpart, and it only shows up on the mountains because of their elevation. But we could definitely see snow in the mountainous regions if the colder seasons are involved.

It is possible. It's already implemented in Assassin's Creed 3!

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 11:37)
The majority of people wouldn't even get to see summer start over again, let alone the next season.
Simply too much work for something that would go unnoticed by alot of players. And besides that, Southern Cali's weather is practically always the same..

I don't think the seasons would be real-time. If they were to involve changing seasons, it would probably involve time-skips at certain points of the story. Which means if you never did missions, the seasons would never change. It's certainly not something that has been done in GTA of course, and I don't think there's much evidence that it is something they are doing, but I guess it would be interesting.

However, I've noticed people are worrying about how they would implement snow into the game, with it falling into the streets and such, but snow really only really ever happens in high elevations down here in SoCal. There might have been some exceptions to this at some point in the past but I'm not aware of any particular examples. Los Santos certainly won't get snowy streets, and I'm not sure we'll be seeing any cities as northern as San Fierro in the game. I used to live in a town basically in the middle of California, and it never snowed there at all. It just got more foggy and rainy than usual. The climate here is just simply not variant enough to allow for the more extreme shifts in weather other parts of the world may be used to.

Like the person I've quoted above, for these reasons I don't think there's that much reason for there to be seasons except for some of the subtle changes that might occur, like the mountains becoming snow-capped in winter months (which would be the biggest difference), perhaps more fog and rain during colder months and heat waves during the warmer months. But they could also just choose Autumn and get pretty much everything they need: hot, sunny days (we get those even during the winter months sometimes), overcast days, foggy days, rainy days, very stormy days, with some snow in the mountains at high elevations. There could be some inconsistencies as well.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 19:42)

My point exactly! biggrin.gif

It would be pretty stupid if it started snowing in sunny Los Santos!

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 18:04)
It would be pretty stupid if it started snowing in sunny Los Santos!

Yea, ok. It literally never snows in the city of L.A.

But it can be quite snowy in parts of the Palmdale/Lancaster desert (Antelope Valley) during the winter. This is a northern part of the L.A. County.

GrandMaster Smith has a point, though. It would take relativlely long for a season to repeat. It would even take longer than your calculation shows, because 1 ingame minute takes 2 seconds in RL (in IV).
But I doubt that most of us wouldn't see the summer again, because 150 gaming hours will be 'nothing' tounge.gif

rayy06
  • rayy06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I found some videos:

What you think? fake or real?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Fake, the first one even has a watermark and the other one is a known animator. They're all fake renders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users