GTA V Screenshots - Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,750 replies to this topic
Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:32)

user posted image

THE HORROR!! suicidal.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:08 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 13 July 2012 - 11:12 PM.

QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:58)
Anyone whos complaining about the graphics are simply ignorant. Its either big city/normal graphics or small city/great graphics. You can't have it both ways.

Games like Call of Duty focus on graphics, therefore the maps are tiny and the gameplay is bad. Games like GTA and RDR have to sacrifice graphics to make the gameplay and map size bigger. I am surprised at how good the graphics of GTA 5 actually are, considering theyre probably taken from the XBOX.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

@ that last screenshot. Welcome to 2012 Call of Duty. Your graphics are better, but you're still 2 years behind.

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

@Deadly Target:

Calm yo tits, he was just joking about how PC gamers bring "blury" pic of GTA IV for the console GTA IV and they post
ultra modded GTA IV pics on the PC and call the console ones sh*t.

Resize those pics, BTW. Not sure how, though tounge.gif

icetea256
  • icetea256

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING OR MODERATOR'S WILL TORTURE US AND CLOSE THIS TOPIC OMG OMGZZ

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (icetea256 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:18)
PLEASE STOP SPAMMING OR MODERATOR'S WILL TORTURE US AND CLOSE THIS TOPIC OMG OMGZZ

Torture? Yes.

Close the topic? Nah, I myself was glad to get new information.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:34 PM Edited by SomeManForGTA, 13 July 2012 - 11:37 PM.

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 23:08)
Anyone whos complaining about the graphics are simply ignorant. Its either big city/normal graphics or small city/great graphics. You can't have it both ways.

Games like Call of Duty focus on graphics, therefore the maps are tiny and the gameplay is bad. Games like GTA and RDR have to sacrifice graphics to make the gameplay and map size bigger. I am surprised at how good the graphics of GTA 5 actually are, considering theyre probably taken from the XBOX.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

@ that last screenshot. Welcome to 2012 Call of Duty. Your graphics are better, but you're still 2 years behind.

You're not making any sense? Do you think I was praising CoD? Cause thats the last thing i'd do.

I was simply saying the graphics on GTA games arn't as good as games like CoD and Crysis because GTA has to reserve memory for the shear size and detail of the maps and the huge amount of audio involved.

Rodeo_GTAV
  • Rodeo_GTAV

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

what really made me happy was when they said they'll try to get us screens soon that's very very very good inlove.gif Love R* right now

dawsib
  • dawsib

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (dawsib @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 02:54)
Ive checked trough a couple of these pages but i didnt really read anything about this: that second screen from gta v, by looking at the water i wonder, Will you be able to dive and swim underwater aswell? what do ya;ll think?

?????????

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Rodeo_GTAV @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 23:49)
what really made me happy was when they said they'll try to get us screens soon that's very very very good inlove.gif Love R* right now

I expect that we'll get more screenshots by late august.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

Could just be tinted windows on the helicopter, but it looks like the pilot is black, and I can't see any sign of a police uniform.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Just as I expected; there's a peaceful topic, and then people start arguing.

dawsib
  • dawsib

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

most of what i read on these pages were reactions to the 2 new screenshots ,when new info is coming out or wether it'll take a long time or not, why cant we just analyse the damn screens tounge.gif , altough there isnt much to analyse actually...and how about swimming underwater will that take too much space or what? would be a awesome feature to me

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 23:34)
You're not making any sense? Do you think I was praising CoD? Cause thats the last thing i'd do.

I was simply saying the graphics on GTA games arn't as good as games like CoD and Crysis because GTA has to reserve memory for the shear size and detail of the maps and the huge amount of audio involved.

He is right, CoD has the worst graphics on consoles (some PS2 games look better, no joke)

TGXgrandtheft
  • TGXgrandtheft

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

You f**ing moron the first pic was from the phone version of cod lol.gif

Msharingan
  • Msharingan

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Because using an image from the iOS version of COD: Zombies is a fair comparison? So is showing a game from 2008, and an image from a game that isn't even released that runs at 60fps.

There seems to be a lot of focus on graphics in Call of Duty, simply because that it the first way to hook people. The series has definitely progressed from 2007.

More on topic, GTA V will look good. I don't think it will rival Max Payne 3, though. That game has had a lot of polish, and that is clear. You can't really achieve that level in an open-world game. I expect an improvement from GTA IV, hopefully from a new knowledge of the engine and the console hardware.

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

I refuse to hate the graphics. Looks good to me - has an original SA feeling to it, something that was missing in IV. Nice to see the bridge and the islands in the back - the maps is HUUGE! But I really wanted to see the countryside, oh well.

Love the colours though, nice and bright, not grey like IV.

Adept
  • Adept

Giordano B.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

I think its funny how they revealed the screenshots, like, "here you go. Now moving on." Like they are f*cking with us, which they are.
I also think it is interesting how the first shot is nice but resembles IV a little and was an overhead shot while the second one, the real money shot, was spectacular. The water, man. f*ckin-A.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Msharingan @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:05)
Because using an image from the iOS version of COD: Zombies is a fair comparison? So is showing a game from 2008, and an image from a game that isn't even released that runs at 60fps.

There seems to be a lot of focus on graphics in Call of Duty, simply because that it the first way to hook people. The series has definitely progressed from 2007.

More on topic, GTA V will look good. I don't think it will rival Max Payne 3, though. That game has had a lot of polish, and that is clear. You can't really achieve that level in an open-world game. I expect an improvement from GTA IV, hopefully from a new knowledge of the engine and the console hardware.

Max Payne 3 didn't actually look that great. Only the night levels looked decent. I personally think RDR looked better overall, and that's an open-world game.

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (TGXgrandtheft @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 00:05)
You f**ing moron the first pic was from the phone version of cod  lol.gif

CoD = Sh*t. get over it

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:16 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 14 July 2012 - 12:50 AM.

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 07:32)
QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 15:26)
QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:25)
QUOTE (ngt @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 14:05)

IV wasn't that bad tounge.gif

Nope, it really wasn't.

Those two pictures are both on modded PC versions of IV. Compare those pictures to unmodded PC and console screens.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

user posted image

Make it stop!!!

user posted image

THE HORROR!!!

user posted image

My face after looking at these.

user posted image

suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Screenshots rarely do a game justice IMO. I know for a fact everytime I fire up GTA IV on my 360 it still looks good for a 4 year old game. I bet not too many people screwed their faced up at it when it was brand new. Graphically I mean.

I believe this to be the case with GTA V also. No screenshot will compare to the first time we see the game in the flesh ourselves.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (dawsib @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 23:51)
QUOTE (dawsib @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 02:54)
Ive checked trough a couple of these pages but i didnt really read anything about this: that second screen from gta v, by looking at the water i wonder, Will you be able to dive and swim underwater aswell? what do ya;ll think?

?????????

Is that you trying to get a reply? Or are you just struggling to understand your own post?
tounge.gif

I personally think it would be a little bit pointless to be able to swim underwater. It was fun in SA I guess, but I'd rather have other features. If it's not in the game I wouldn't be bothered at all.

dawsib
  • dawsib

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

lmaooo nah that was me struggling to get a reply atleast i got one now thanks man, i felt like i was invincible, and i'm seeing what ur saying but by being able to dive atleast, u could have the advantage to avoid bullets, but like you said it isnt really that much of a matter

horserider
  • horserider

person killing to find gta5

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 21:36)
QUOTE (tomtom555 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 15:30)
QUOTE (Johnny_Cash1983 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:48)
the gfx looks better than the screenshots just look at peds in this
user posted image
and then look at this
user posted image

That's because the first is clearly a motion-captured cutscene, just like the majority of the realistic animations in the trailer that everyone seems to think are in-game animations.

R* Q stated the trailer was comprised of real ingame footage...

This guy NikoBell12 thought the trailer was pre-rendered and asked that if they made a second trailer to make it like the real game footage, but R* said the trailer was not pre-rendered it was comprised of real ingame footage.

he's so right man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
On topic. If only wee would see a pic of the country side and you can see hte huge buildings of l.s inn the distance.

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What is up with the area circled??? Just looks totally unfinished and low detail kinda bummed on it but maybe it's just a mistake. Just doesn't look like it belongs and it doesn't look like anything lol. Have to zoom in btw to see what im talking about. If you zoom in on it on windows photo viewer it just looks like grey and white dots?

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (assmillk @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 03:22)
user posted image

What is up with the area circled??? Just looks totally unfinished and low detail kinda bummed on it but maybe it's just a mistake.  Just doesn't look like it belongs and it doesn't look like anything lol.  Have to zoom in btw to see what im talking about. If you zoom in on it on windows photo viewer it just looks like grey and white dots?

Radio tower?

user posted image

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

Hey guys hope everything is good over there in Rockstar. Just a question referring to GTA 4, the game was brilliant and I really enjoyed and still do, but what disappointed me was the lack of planes and jets... Can you tell me why you didn't include them, I'm sure you have a very valid reason? via Mouthoff

The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying. It was the first time we made a high definition open world, and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly. Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date.

Awesome so flying planes, jets are confirmed.

Note how R* said it was their biggest open world game to date.

Are they saying the actual land size will beat out San Andreas?

If they just meant largest project to date, then I could understand but how does that relate to flying planes needing a larger mass?

Sounds like it will be a larger map than RDR and San Andreas, which would be huge.

ForDaNords
  • ForDaNords

-

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Ps3blaze22 @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 00:12)
QUOTE (TGXgrandtheft @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 00:05)
You f**ing moron the first pic was from the phone version of cod lol.gif

CoD = Sh*t. get over it

In your opinion... There are those who like it. Just because you hate it does not mean it's bad for a fact.

B1T8
  • B1T8

(8 BIT)

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 03:35)
QUOTE (assmillk @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 03:22)
user posted image

What is up with the area circled??? Just looks totally unfinished and low detail kinda bummed on it but maybe it's just a mistake. Just doesn't look like it belongs and it doesn't look like anything lol. Have to zoom in btw to see what im talking about. If you zoom in on it on windows photo viewer it just looks like grey and white dots?

Radio tower?

user posted image

naah, i don't think so

ForDaNords
  • ForDaNords

-

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:47 AM Edited by ForDaNords, 14 July 2012 - 03:51 AM.

Everybody, look at the full-size images. Take a deep look at them, the graphics look to be on the same level as IV.
http://media.rocksta..._1342100433.jpg
http://media.rocksta..._1342100464.jpg
First off, it's blurry. Second, lack of antialiasing. Third, trees are ugly. Fourth, the guy with the white shirt has no shadow around him.
Regardless of graphics though, this will be a fantastic game biggrin.gif

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (ForDaNords @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 00:47)
Everybody, look at the full-size images. Take a deep look at them, the graphics look to be on the same level as IV.
http://media.rocksta..._1342100433.jpg
http://media.rocksta..._1342100464.jpg
First off, it's blurry. Second, lack of antialiasing. Third, trees are ugly.
Regardless of graphics though, this will be a fantastic game biggrin.gif

Fourth, the game is still in development.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users