GTA V Screenshots - Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,750 replies to this topic
xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

maybe that blimp is called Eureka which in real L.A takes passengers from San Francisko to L.A
also it's the largest zeppelin in the world.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Rising from the ashes

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (xzxxsicko @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 01:21)
maybe that blimp is called Eureka which in real L.A takes passengers from San Francisko to L.A

That explains.

http://golosangeles....Los-Angeles.htm

Also, SAN FIERRO??? biggrin.gif

...San Francisco-based Airship Ventures started coming down to Southern California every couple months to offer Zeppelin tours of Los Angeles. The airship Eureka is the largest zeppelin in the world, at 246 feet, longer than a 747 airplane. The colossal aircraft is one of only three Zeppelins operating in the world and is the only airship licensed for commercial passengers in the United States.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (xzxxsicko @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:51)

Finally a reason to shoot it down!

Massacre, yippie!

And then hear it on the news. turn.gif

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:54)

Massacre, yippie!

I wonder if it will even be flyable/destroyable, or will it be like a passenger plane in IV.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:56)
QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:54)

Massacre, yippie!

I wonder if it will even be flyable/destroyable, or will it be like a passenger plane in IV.

That is the lamest thing in whole GTA.

No more of that in the next installments pls.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Rising from the ashes

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:57 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 13 July 2012 - 08:01 PM.

I think it would be involved in a cinematic mission. Like crashing it in the mile high club? sad.gif

"The Eureka, a Zeppelin NT (New Technology), was manufactured in Germany, by Zeppelin Luftschifftechnik (ZLT), the same company that built the Hindenburg in the 1930s. In the "New Technology" version, the flammable hydrogen that doomed the ill-fated Hindenburg has been replaced with non-flammable helium. The light-weight frame is aluminum and carbon-fiber, and the high-tech multi-laminate skin of the balloon is made by the same company that makes NASA space suits. The three 200-horsepower vectored thrust engines and tail fins are operated by two joysticks on either side of the pilot, allowing for precision control.

It feels like the lap of luxury.

All 12 seats have a picture-window view (even the restroom has a window!), but in just a couple minutes we are allowed to stand up and roam around the cabin and take turns sticking our heads out the two open windows."
Sounds interesting.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have a feeling that it might be used for sightseeing tours over Los Santos, just like there were sightseeing tours in GTA IV

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Glad to finally see something new on GTA V. I guess I can ditch the signature now. The screenshots look great, and it's definitely a step up from GTA IV's graphics.

The only thing bad that I noticed though is that the two pedestrians sitting on the dock seem to have low resolution textures. I'm sure they will improve before release though.

ngt
  • ngt

NGT

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

user posted image

IV wasn't that bad tounge.gif

matt_be
  • matt_be

Driver.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:02)
I have a feeling that it might be used for sightseeing tours over Los Santos, just like there were sightseeing tours in GTA IV

If that is the case then I will definitely be riding one of those around when I first get the game so I can get a better view of Los Santos!

Matt

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (matt_be @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:05)
QUOTE (Mamunda @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:02)

If that is the case then I will definitely be riding one of those around when I first get the game so I can get a better view of Los Santos!

Matt

yea image playing and shooting helicopter and police from the blimp

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I could give a crap about better graphics. If they are exactly the same quality as IV I am fine with that. I'm excited about the new location, map and storyline.

I don't know about you but I don't spend much time in GTA still, motionless and staring in one direction to analyze the graphics. I'm running around killin', drivin' and blowing stuff up. devil.gif

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Rising from the ashes

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

"Currently, the Eureka spends about a week in Southern California every other month, with the possibility of more frequent visits in winter. One hour and two hour flight itineraries are available, with options including Long Beach and the ports, the Orange County coast or a 2-hour flight over Downtown LA and Hollywood. They have also added a 30 minute flight option."

Imagine the countryside. happy.gif

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:14)
"Currently, the Eureka spends about a week in Southern California every other month, with the possibility of more frequent visits in winter. One hour and two hour flight itineraries are available, with options including Long Beach and the ports, the Orange County coast or a 2-hour flight over Downtown LA and Hollywood. They have also added a 30 minute flight option."

Imagine live in a blimp biggrin.gif

http://www.livescien...ip-planned.html
http://www.aeroscraft.com/

user posted image

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:18)
QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:14)

Imagine live in a blimp biggrin.gif

http://www.livescien...ip-planned.html
http://www.aeroscraft.com/

user posted image

Okay only like Guy Laliberte has enough money for that.

'Killing' the blimp should be very detailed though!!!!

Everybody knows the pics of the hindenburg!

user posted image

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Only things that stood out to me in the second screenshot.

user posted image

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (ngt @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 14:05)
user posted image

Nope, it really wasn't.

user posted image

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:25)

Nope, it really wasn't.

Those two pictures are both on modded PC versions of IV. Compare those pictures to unmodded PC and console screens.

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 14:26)

Nope, it really wasn't.

Those two pictures are both on modded PC versions of IV. Compare those pictures to unmodded PC and console screens.

But surely you see the potential.

death783
  • death783

Director Of Photography Rockstar Games

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

I really wish people would stop comparing GTA V to a modded GTA IV with third party textures and ENB.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 14:23)

user posted image

That's not the house from the trailer, though the are similar, here it is:
user posted image

The trailer house has tall power lines in the back and a better view of the hills and some random apartment. This could indicate multiple suburbs that you can hopefully buy too. They could be the same neighborhood though, but probably not.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 15:26)

Nope, it really wasn't.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

user posted image

Make it stop!!!

user posted image

THE HORROR!!!

user posted image

My face after looking at these.

user posted image

suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:30)

user posted image

user posted image

The trailer house has tall power lines in the back and a better view of the hills and some random apartment. This could indicate multiple suburbs that you can hopefully buy too. They could be the same neighborhood though, but probably not.

look at the trees they are not low polly

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:33 PM Edited by Mamunda, 13 July 2012 - 08:38 PM.

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:32)

user posted image

NOOO!! Not him! This is the real HORROR!

BTW how they go from this ^ to this:

user posted image

Completely different guy biggrin.gif

And why his face was like that the whole game?

He reminds me of this:

user posted image

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Johnny_Cash1983 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 15:32)
QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:30)

user posted image

user posted image

look at the trees they are not low polly

No they aren't low poly. They just look worse in the new screenshot because they aren't in the foreground.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Honestly i don't even like those modded screenshots. I guess it supposed to make GTA IV look photorealistic, but that's the thing, GTA doesn't need photorealism. I really dig V's look ALOT more.

This has no doubt been asked before, but i just read it in the facts/info thread. What is meant with Los santos, countryside and a huge map? Huge Map?

kilo73
  • kilo73

Sorry For the Bodies

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 18:13)
QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 18:09)
QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 12:04)
QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:54)
QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 11:50)
Spent some time really getting to know the screens and screen captures and I have some observations. Posted them in another thread, but they are probably as a appropriate here.

If you look at the helicopter screen from yesterday, along with some of the screen captures from the trailer you can see that Los Santos is surrounded on 3 sides by hills/mountains and sea on the west. Using downtown as your focal point all sides of the map are visible if you combine all the shots that are currently available. Looking at the other screen from yesterday, you can clearly see downtown from the south, with the hills closing in on the east side. Has to be close to the edge of the city on the south side.

The helicopter shot shows Los Santos from downtown to the sea. So east to west. The oil pump capture shows Los Santos from South to North. The final shot of the trailer shows downtown from the other angle, west to east, and you can judge the distance from downtown to the hills. The second screen from yesterday shows south to north.

So you can already tell the size of Los Santos.

Based on that, if the map is the biggest ever, then there is a LOT of map that's outside of Los Santos since that city isn't bigger than Liberty. What that is we can only guess.

This city is bigger than LC if you include LS and surrounding suburbs. R* knows we wanted countryside, but they'll still gonna' make a big realistic city for those(like me) who like the city too.

If you say so. Based on what I'm seeing, the city of Los Santos (just the city portion of the map) isn't bigger than Liberty at all. Rather a bit smaller, I think. Look at the screen captures. Loook at the oil pump one and you can see how big the map is.

LC, without the water was only 6 sq miles. I doubt that LS is going to be smaller than the real LA downtown.

I mean this LS looks bigger. In real life LA is bigger than NY by size, so I feel this LS is going to be a it bigger, like Eagle said, 1 and 1/2 LC's. You forget, we still have many un scene areas, like the hills full of mansions, Santa Maria, the Southwest portion of LS, the Airport, South Central, the docks. There are still many un scene areas.

Oh, without a doubt. But that's kind of my point. There HAS to be more to the map than the city. A LOT more. The screens show that the city is surrounded by hills in a horseshoe. There's not a lof of SW LS that is unseen. The lagoon screen from yesterday is from SW Los Santos. Off to the right the hills close in at the east. Like I said, a horseshoe. Based on that the city isn't bigger than Liberty. It's not small, but to make the biggest map they've ever made, there would have to be a whole lot outside of Los Santos.

has it occured to anyone that maybe........the map isnt completely done yet? i mean i doubt they would show us parts of thr map that were still indev.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:38)
Honestly i don't even like those modded screenshots. I guess it supposed to make GTA IV look photorealistic, but that's the thing, GTA doesn't need photorealism. I really dig V's look ALOT more.

This has no doubt been asked before, but i just read it in the facts/info thread. What is meant with Los santos, countryside and a huge map? Huge Map?

Probably the biggest map till now.

Big city, big countryside. Maybe a big sea with some islands.

rere1love
  • rere1love

GTA DIVA

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 15:30)

user posted image

user posted image

Good find that is the same thing I said as well icon14.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:40)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 20:38)

Probably the biggest map till now.

Big city, big countryside. Maybe a big sea with some islands.

That would be cool. Kinda like IGN said in their otherwise stupid ass analysis, that it could be some tropical island and what not. Who knows. Highly interesting. I hope things liike these will remain a mystery until we have the game in our very hands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users