• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,750 replies to this topic
The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

You bet I'm loopy, all right!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:25)
user posted image

True that.

Edit: Oh.. my god. 100TH PAGE! happy.gif happy.gif mercie_blink.gif inlove.gif cool.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif lol.gif lol.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

One Hundred Pages Gentlemen.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:35)
The only people commenting on the graphics are those who have no idea how graphics work in game development. How it's sometimes completely out of the developers control and is dependant upon memory resources and hardware and the amount of objects being drawn at a given time, not simply the engine or the build. They're the kind of people who pick up a complex book but only look at the pictures.

I absolutely didn't expect the negative comments on the graphics. While the chopper shot may look really similar to GTA V, the park shot definitely doesn't. It shows how the waterpaint effect is finally gone(already was gone in RDR and MP3.) and how colourful and great it looks. Improved reflections on the water, all that. I see nothing to complain about. Ooooh sh*t...the trees don't look incredible.....nooooooooooooo......

big deal.

The graphics in the park shot remind me of the trailer and if it can look that good in-game on the consoles, i'm happy as hell.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:13)
QUOTE (CheesyJ @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:07)
QUOTE (Wercury @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:00)
I liked the graphics! Why is everyone bitching about it?

I really don't know why they're complaining. The graphics look top notch to me. Some people always feel the need to complain about something though.

Maybe a few reasons why i thought the graphics sucked.

1. I am 25, and i see it like this: If the graphics of games advance in the speed they do, ill probably die in a moment in time where the graphics wont be very much improved from now.
I can imagine that if you are 12, you feel as if there is time enough for graphics to improve later in your life, so you dont value it as much as other people do.
(btw i am not saying that you guys are all 12, just stating, well, what i said above.)

2. In the lake/pool picture, there is a phone line, which doesnt look like a line, but like a bunch of pixels.

3. The palm trees in the lake/pool picture look not as good in the trailer (but that is my vision, maybe you guys think not)

4. i am critical and this is the only game i am looking forward to, so i want it to be as perfect as possible.

5. i am a perfectionist by nature, so in a lot of areas i expect a lot from myself but also from other people.

Having said that, i dont dislike the graphics, i think gameplay is much more important than graphics.

And looking back on this post, the biggest reason for me saying the graphics suck, is because i really think the graphics in the trailer look a lot better than the screens. Some people must feel the same, no?

Totally

And it doesnt make sense saying the word graphics whore in this topic, these screenshots are all about graphics.

If you didnt care about it, you probly wouldnt be in this topic anyway.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

you're all being pathetic about the graphics. That's just flat out stupid, bitchin' about the graphics. I didn't know this was Grand Theft Graphics V.

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Spent some time really getting to know the screens and screen captures and I have some observations. Posted them in another thread, but they are probably as a appropriate here.

If you look at the helicopter screen from yesterday, along with some of the screen captures from the trailer you can see that Los Santos is surrounded on 3 sides by hills/mountains and sea on the west. Using downtown as your focal point all sides of the map are visible if you combine all the shots that are currently available. Looking at the other screen from yesterday, you can clearly see downtown from the south, with the hills closing in on the east side. Has to be close to the edge of the city on the south side.

The helicopter shot shows Los Santos from downtown to the sea. So east to west. The oil pump capture shows Los Santos from South to North. The final shot of the trailer shows downtown from the other angle, west to east, and you can judge the distance from downtown to the hills. The second screen from yesterday shows south to north.

So you can already tell the size of Los Santos.

Based on that, if the map is the biggest ever, then there is a LOT of map that's outside of Los Santos since that city isn't bigger than Liberty. What that is we can only guess.

TGXgrandtheft
  • TGXgrandtheft

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

It looks fine to me I think the pics were taken before the trailer because it has no aa and the art team of rockstar sent the pics

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 11:50)
Spent some time really getting to know the screens and screen captures and I have some observations. Posted them in another thread, but they are probably as a appropriate here.

If you look at the helicopter screen from yesterday, along with some of the screen captures from the trailer you can see that Los Santos is surrounded on 3 sides by hills/mountains and sea on the west. Using downtown as your focal point all sides of the map are visible if you combine all the shots that are currently available. Looking at the other screen from yesterday, you can clearly see downtown from the south, with the hills closing in on the east side. Has to be close to the edge of the city on the south side.

The helicopter shot shows Los Santos from downtown to the sea. So east to west. The oil pump capture shows Los Santos from South to North. The final shot of the trailer shows downtown from the other angle, west to east, and you can judge the distance from downtown to the hills. The second screen from yesterday shows south to north.

Based on that, if the map is the biggest ever, then there is a LOT of map that's outside of Los Santos since that city isn't bigger than Liberty. What that is we can only guess.

This city is bigger than LC if you include LS and surrounding suburbs. R* knows we wanted countryside, but they'll still gonna' make a big realistic city for those(like me) who like the city too.

Eagle-Eye
  • Eagle-Eye

☸ Sniper ☸

• Members

QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:50)

Los Santos is probably the size of 1 and 1/half of Liberty City
While the Country side, I'm not so sure.
Probably the size of two Alderney's?

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

QUOTE (TGXgrandtheft @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:53)
It looks fine to me I think the pics were taken before the trailer because it has no aa and the art team of rockstar sent the pics

Right. no AA, exactly what i was thinking.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 12:27)
I made a comparison picture
user posted image
Some things are similar (mainly the skybox) and other things are better in V.

Good comparison, now everybody can chill!! If anyone can remember when GTA 4 came out with Niko it looked kind of cloudy, but when GTA 4 BOGT came out, it was enhanced. It looked clearer, and more colorful. moto_whistle.gif

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Blimp?

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

GTA 4 from the air had not many shadows, GTA V has beautiful shadows.

Eagle-Eye
  • Eagle-Eye

☸ Sniper ☸

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

okay..

Obviously the Graphics will be better.
If you don't like it, Quit crying about it, jeez.

MConi
  • MConi

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

ur all f*cking cockheads!

icetea256
  • icetea256

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

ONLY 100 pages... It should be now 300th page!! GUYS, COME ON!

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • None

Can you graphic whores shut up? Remember Max Payne, GTA III, SA graphics? We didn't complain about it, it was awesome. And now you get super-awesome-ass-graphic photos and you still complain? Jesus...

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I am satisfied with the graphics in the screenshots, especially considering the fact that the game is presumably still in beta stages.

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:54)

This city is bigger than LC if you include LS and surrounding suburbs. R* knows we wanted countryside, but they'll still gonna' make a big realistic city for those(like me) who like the city too.

If you say so. Based on what I'm seeing, the city of Los Santos (just the city portion of the map) isn't bigger than Liberty at all. Rather a bit smaller, I think. Look at the screen captures. Loook at the oil pump one and you can see how big the map is.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 12:04)

If you say so. Based on what I'm seeing, the city of Los Santos (just the city portion of the map) isn't bigger than Liberty at all. Rather a bit smaller, I think. Look at the screen captures. Loook at the oil pump one and you can see how big the map is.

LC, without the water was only 6 sq miles. I doubt that LS is going to be smaller than the real LA downtown.

I mean this LS looks bigger. In real life LA is bigger than NY by size, so I feel this LS is going to be a it bigger, like Eagle said, 1 and 1/2 LC's. You forget, we still have many un scene areas, like the hills full of mansions, Santa Maria, the Southwest portion of LS, the Airport, South Central, the docks. There are still many un scene areas.

The oil rig scene does not show all of LS, if it did you would see the docks, and you would see the airport. And airports are really big and take up space.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

You guys have absolutely no say in the graphics anyway. It's not even worth complaining. You complain about the time it takes for info, you complain about the strategy they use despite it being the same as every other game, you complain that they spend more time talking about other games because they were closer to release than GTA V, and you complain when they give you screenshots out of nothing but kindness to the fans. They didn't have to give you those screens, they could have stuck to answering questions.

It makes me wonder why some people even bothing getting up in the morning if they have such a negative attitude towards everything that comes their way.

The graphics of San Andreas is not why people want GTA V to be more like that game, it's about the content and the gameplay. The graphics just make the experience look better, they don't make it more fun.

Njale
  • Njale

Hustler

• Members

Do you know how many philters and picking those 2 pictures went trough before they ware released? you can't expect the game to look as sharp as on those images.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Yeah slow down, shut the f*ck up and just enjoy the gaming. Graphics get upgraded by time, not whenever someone choose to have it.

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

• Members
  • Canada

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 17:56)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Blimp?

Nice find!

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (icetea256 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 19:01)
ONLY 100 pages... It should be now 300th page!! GUYS, COME ON!

No thats good less spam.

Btw good comparison looks like Los Santos isn't that tiny as everyone things.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Are people really complaining about the graphics? The shadows on the second picture confirms that the RDR/Max Payne 3 improvements have made their way to GTA V, and expect heavy DoF and no anti-aliasing, assuming these screenshots are from a console.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

What I'm just saying is much of LS is not shown, LSX is likely the hugest neighborhood in LS and we have not seen that, nor the mansions near Vinewood, nor the docks or SW Los Santos. This LS is bigger than LC.

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 18:09)
QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 12:04)

LC, without the water was only 6 sq miles. I doubt that LS is going to be smaller than the real LA downtown.

I mean this LS looks bigger. In real life LA is bigger than NY by size, so I feel this LS is going to be a it bigger, like Eagle said, 1 and 1/2 LC's. You forget, we still have many un scene areas, like the hills full of mansions, Santa Maria, the Southwest portion of LS, the Airport, South Central, the docks. There are still many un scene areas.

Oh, without a doubt. But that's kind of my point. There HAS to be more to the map than the city. A LOT more. The screens show that the city is surrounded by hills in a horseshoe. There's not a lof of SW LS that is unseen. The lagoon screen from yesterday is from SW Los Santos. Off to the right the hills close in at the east. Like I said, a horseshoe. Based on that the city isn't bigger than Liberty. It's not small, but to make the biggest map they've ever made, there would have to be a whole lot outside of Los Santos.

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

• Members
  • Canada

Dang it, SmC12 got the 2000th post.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 18:12)
What I'm just saying is much of LS is not shown, LSX is likely the hugest neighborhood in LS and we have not scene that, nor the mansions near Vinewood, nor the docks or SW Los Santos. This LS is bigger than LC.

Oh yeah baby. Completely agree with you. If Bachman Turner Overdrive was here, you should know what they'd say. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users