» «
Photo

Slender

50 replies to this topic
Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:49 PM Edited by Toup, 12 July 2012 - 12:07 AM.

Reddit Thread

This game consists of you walking around in a forest (you'll probably get lost, by the way), and the rest, well, you better check it out for yourself.

I highly suggest you play this without reading anything about it, it's a great experience.

DL links:

PC

MAC

EDIT: fixed dl links

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:00 AM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 12 July 2012 - 12:02 AM.

PC DL link : Page not found. sad.gif

I just watched a bit of IGN's video for this game and i must play.

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Scary as f*ck.

panic.gif

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

No worries, found a link in the reddit thread, LOL.. Pretty scary game, thanks for sharing!

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hope you guys are right, I'm about to play it. I didn't watch the video, I don't want to know what to expect.

I hope I crap in my pants. smile.gif

Unity Engine FTW! biggrin.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:35 AM Edited by The-King, 12 July 2012 - 12:38 AM.

A game based on Marble Hornets and the slender man mythos? Holy f*ck, I have to play this.

SmellyJelly
  • SmellyJelly

Hoodies

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Video contains gameplay spoilers:

My friend showed this to me a couple days ago and I think that it looks awful. The pace is ridiculously slow for a nonlinear game and there is no depth. It is free, though, so I guess I can't complain too much. Plus, the caster's fake screams were as annoying as a cat in heat.

Does anyone else who actually played this recommend it? Reddit seems to love the game so I might be willing play and prove myself wrong.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (SmellyJelly @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 22:00)
Video contains gameplay spoilers:

[youtube]OZMBG4Pn3Sg[youtube]

My friend showed this to me a couple days ago and I think that it looks awful. The pace is ridiculously slow for a nonlinear game and there is no depth. It is free, though, so I guess I can't complain too much. Plus, the caster's fake screams were as annoying as a cat in heat.

Does anyone else who actually played this recommend it? Reddit seems to love the game so I might be willing play and prove myself wrong.

Just play it man. The thing is, you shouldn't have watched the vids. I nearly crap myself when I saw him the first time. I didn't know what to expect. Finished the game, had like 30 goosebumps and screamed 3 times.
lol

It's free, just play it.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:19 AM Edited by xGhostx, 12 July 2012 - 05:47 AM.

Why you guys all scare of slender man, this game is for kids. If that was the real slender man, then he would appear behind my back and smash my head into the keyboardgdptmzzhbsgekgmptwadglgmkgdxgjpxjugwpkjpdawpdp

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

First time, I didn't see him but he was near and I died. Second play I saw him many times popping up behind, but after 5/8 notes it got boring and I stopped. It is fun for a very short time, but that's it.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

I sh*t myself when I spun round and he was just there. Actually made me jump.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

I might play this game. Haha biggrin.gif

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

The lets-play video seems completely over exaggerated; "OH THERE'S SOMEONE THERE I BETTER QUIT THE GAME".

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:14 AM Edited by jackass2009, 17 July 2012 - 01:33 AM.

I installed it, realized that my character walks at .008 MPH, and quit because it felt too much like a cliche and I was going to get raped/murdered by some axe wielding hillbilly within the next five minutes. I'll load it up again tomorrow, though. Just for sh*ts and giggles.

EDIT: Holy sh*t. Try playing this at 2AM while sipping on vodka. f*cking scary.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Sly Bastard

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

I just downloaded it but for some reason it won't start,after the powered by unity screen it just stays on a black screen forever,any idea why this is happening?

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Not sure all i know is i got to 4/8 pages and he molested me from the rear!

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

My brother told me to put on some headphones and play this in the dark. It was a horror game, I knew that much, but going in to it all I know was that I had to collect paper. After just getting 2 pages, I was pretty much gripping the mouse just because of the atmosphere and the sounds.

I didn't even realize the flashlight was running low until it was too late and 5 pages in I foolishly turned around and there it was. I think I almost cried.

Stig
  • Stig

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

Downloading now, hope it's as good as you all say it is smile.gif

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Oh sh*t. A Marble Hornets game.

I'm surprised more of you haven't seen the videos. I stayed up and watched all of them one night starting at around midnight. Holy sh*t that was better than any horror movie I've ever seen.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:18 PM Edited by Davo the Assassin, 19 July 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Marble Hornets is epic, I just caught up on the last few videos. Just loading up this game, should be good haha!

EDIT: I got 3 pages before I first saw him by the gas tanks, I went round a corner and he was there but I ran off quick and survived. I looked around a few times and he was following at a distance, then dissapeared. Then He re-appeared just before I got number 4 in the tunnel, and he followed just behind me for like 5 minutes, then I just got number 5, then he turned me around and raped me sad.gif.

When you do see him, the music fits perfectly, and even knowing all the time he's just behind you at certain points, each time I turned round to check was a shock.

How do I win? Hah, I even kept turning the torch on and off!

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Just played it, it's pretty good. Atmosphere and sound is really good.

One thing, does it get harder as you find more pages?

It could be just my attention span is sh*t but the thing I found more threatening than the slender man was the boredom factor. Yes the first couple of times I saw him, I did flinch and got goosebumps but soon after it it became: "Oh, there he is again, better look the other way and sprint for a bit - rinse and repeat." And after walking around for half an hour and only finding 3/8 pages, I was getting pretty tempted to just switch it off. He did get me eventually though, when I turned off the torch and stopped for a breather, but I practically welcomed it tbh, even if I did jump when he showed up behind me. biggrin.gif

I do think it's pretty spooky, but like the whole slender man thing in general, I think it's more cool and creepy rather than terrifying like some people think.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

I just watched this and felt I had to post it. I laughed so hard every time they saw 'him'.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

I beat the game.It is not scary.It just uses loud audio cuts to scare you. confused.gif

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

For me it scares the crap out of me, most likely because I'm still a kid. Sounds or not, it's freakin' scary because you know he's gonna pop out.. somewhere.. sometime.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

completed this a while back, after many many attempts. the jump factor wears off after a while.

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

It sounds pretty interesting to me, but I don't really understand what's scary about it. I mean, the concept is a bit eerie, I supposed, but they could at least make Slenderman himself scary.

It's just a poorly modeled person without a face. Probably took them about a minute to make.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

It's not scary, it's really not, i played it many times before and i never jumped, not even once.
I'm not trying to brag, there is some games that kinda scare me, i just don't get scared easily, that's all.
Want a really scary current-gen game? Play Siren:Blood Curse

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 14:35)

Why the hell is this woman standing still then he get attacked.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

king mystery and gtahost22 should take into consideration Slender is an indie game based on internet myth, and no where near as much effort went into it as Siren Blood Curse for example.

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 09:47)
Slender is an indie game based on internet myth

Like a creepypasta?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users