GTA V will be released before March 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,910 replies to this topic
Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:50 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 21 August 2012 - 08:18 PM.

If there are mistakes in the text or if somebody has more points that speak for a release this fiscal year then please PM me or just write here. smile.gif

I read a lot topics here on GTAForums every day and everywhere people discussing about the release date of GTA V. I'll explain why I think that the release of GTA V will be before March 31st 2013. I will edit this post from time to time because I want all facts and realistic guesses in this topic. Anyway the fiscal year ends on March 31st since 2010. Everything in this topic is a summary of all facts and guesses.
Credits by: me (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian), bud23, canttakemyid, Magic_AI, GTA4L1fe, Audiophile, TakeTwo finance on Yahoo!;

-TakeTwo predicted $1.75-$2 per share earnings for the fiscal year 2013 and shares have plummeted since then with no interference or panic from TakeTwo.
-TakeTwo delayed Bioshock Infinite until February 26th 2013.
-Rockstar wants to maximize their profits, so GTA V mustn't come out within one month of Bioshock Infinite's release.
-January is the worst month in the whole year when it comes to the sales. February is the month of Bioshock and March would be too short to make such a high income.
-Other gaming companies feared GTA V competition and have rearranged release to no longer come in fall 2012 including the cancellation of a minor installation by the competitor Saints Row.
-TakeTwo's CEO maintained his stance that we will see earnings in fiscal year 2013 in a recent conference call when shares were still low.
-In February, Rockstar stated that they will start talking about GTA V "in a few months time" and it's been 6 months since then.
-All license plates in the trailer are from 2012. If all license plates in the game are from 2012, then that's the target release year. If there is a variation in plates but they only picked the 2012 ones for the trailer (which came out in 2011), then this strengthens the case.
-Guild Wars 2's release date was announced on June 28th 2012 and the game will be released on August 28th so exactly 2 months after the release date announcement.
-Most of the Max Payne 3 DLCs will be released until the end of the summer. There are only 2 DLC packs in the fall. Rockstar canceled a couple DLCs to make 3 big instead of 5 small DLC packs.
-The highest value that TakeTwo ever reached was $28.51 on June 6th 2005. The lowest value that they had was 5.62$ on March 3rd 2009. The current value of the shares: $10.21.

QUOTE (bud23 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 21:55)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 22:14)
Take-Two isn't guessing. They own Rockstar and they know the release date. Saying when they expect to make money is based on that, and it's true as far as they knew, as of when they said it. If GTA V ships later than March it's fair to call that a delay because the guidance Take-Two has given since May 2011 will then have been wrong.

They don't want to have announced a release date but the financial impact to the company is too big to hide so they can only hide the specific date, they can't hide the year even if they don't put the name on the money.

Yes, mate, people here think that Take two can offer a wrong and incorrect guidance to its shareholders with no consequence at all.

There is a thing named SEC that has rules and laws that you can't violate. One of these rules says that you MUSTN'T offer an incorrect, wrong or incomplete guidance/forecast.

As Magic_Al said, the GTA V release date was announced internally on May 2011. You can say what you want but right now the only fact is that TakeTwo expect to launch GTA V before March 31, 2013. Nothing more, nothing less.

From Take Two code of conduct:
We are required to provide accurate, appropriate and timely material information to the public, including our shareholders and the media, and to the various government and quasi-government agencies where we do business, including regulatory and law enforcement agencies, to keep them informed of matters that affect our organization.

QUOTE (bud23 @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 19:45)
Right now the real problem for TakeTwo is the volume. The volume is the people that buy or sell a stock.
Your stocks can drop, but if the volume is small this doesn't mean sh*t.
Right now the volume is unusually high and the stocks plummet at the same time.
This mean that nobody have confident in you.
Now exist a strong, consolidated tendency and it's really negative.
TakeTwo need to do a bold move to avoid a troubling situation,
and what can they offer? Only GTA V.
TakeTwo need to provide proof of life of GTA V and they need do it as soon as possible.

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 20:11)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 19:51)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 19:41)
Then again you'd probably prefer them to just concentrate on the GTA franchise & release annual iterations, as opposed to full blown sequels.

They can "support" their Max Payne fans and their Grand Theft Auto fans at the same time. These two games do not exclude each other.

Yes. People seem to overlook that.

A company can market more than one game at a time instead of focusing on a single sku marketing tactic like right now. If they start marketing V, it doesn't mean they have to stop marketing or supporting MP3. Because it's as simple as those who own MP3 will still be interested in hearing about the DLC and events for it. Even if they start marketing V tomorrow, it doesn't mean the game will release in a week. People will still be playing and interested in MP3. The more they keep marketing MP3, the more money they lose because as stated at the TTWO conference MP3 isn't making them the money they hoped it would. So they're losing more than they are getting back if they continue this heavy form of marketing for MP3.

In fact, I think it wouldn't hurt MP3 to start V marketing. A lot of people I know actually ignore and refuse to buy MP3 DLC because they are pissed off due to no V marketing, thinking that MP3 is the cause of this. They're "voting with their wallet" so to speak. Now I don't 100% agree with that because I am of the opinion that they have no other choice but to keep speaking about MP3 on their newswire. They don't appear to be ready to begin full-blown marketing on V or talk about it. So what else are they going to talk about on the newswire? Obviously their most recent game above everything else.

I just don't understand where people get the idea that marketing one product at a time is all a company can do. It's simply not true but I know it feels and looks that way due to the situation now.

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 22:06)
Sick and tired of typing the same thing in billions of threads so I will copy and paste it:
I think Zelnick avoided questions on V because he would be "leaking" information if he did. What did you all expect him to do? He was never going to answer questions on V as it has no release date, no information. R* is keeping tight-lipped and letting nothing slip thru. IMO, R* is doing this to avoid delays that piss off fans and to make sure everything is truly going to work out before they share anything.

Who actually expected Zelnick to answer GTA V questions? The only thing we were ever going to find out at this conference was a possible release date window from the numbers. And we have them 1.8 billion, $2 per share and 55% of the 1.8 billion coming from R*.

Make what you will of this.

Answer me this those who doubt a 2012 release or even an early 2013 one. How then do you expect R* games SOLELY (R* games...so no Borderlands 2 etc) to provide....55% of 1.8 billion of TakeTwo's earnings. Do you seriously think MP3 DLC will earn them this?

Agent is basically a no-show for sure. What other game does R* have aside from GTA V?

Goddamn just because TTWO didn't say sh*t today about GTA V doesn't mean anything. They are NOT R*. They won't release R*'s info for them. Everyone chill out and see what August brings.

If August fails then most likely abandon 2012 release.

QUOTE (Magic_AI @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 02:56)
Why is anybody guessing past March 2013 when Take-Two has been saying for a long time they'll make the big money by then, and there's no evidence of a delay?

QUOTE (GTA4L1fe @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 12:10)
TakeTwo are predicting such high income because they assume GTA V will get released this fiscal year. If they didn't have any indication that the game will get released this fiscal year, they wouldn't predict such high income in the first place.

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 12:37)
QUOTE (knecht-ruprecht @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 08:21)

QUOTE (bud23 @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 12:18)
QUOTE (Death_Blade @ Saturday, Jul 14 2012, 11:44)
The game is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT.

Really?

What is going on with GTAV? received via Mouthoff

We are very busy working on the game!

Twitter Felipe Busquets; @FelipeBusquets; July 14th, 3 hours ago.

Go Karting day !

*Felipe Busquets: Lead cinematics animator & movie maker, employed at Rockstar Games since 2005.

Yeah, maybe they are finished but still checking for bugs etc. with game tester.

They've been QA testing for months. I like how people conveniently forget that the forums were blazing with topics about Rockstar North hiring testers in January 2012. Not referring to knecht-ruprecht by the way (the general 2013 argument). I think "full development" hasn't been used for months by Rockstar to describe GTA V's status and even if they did, it's a very ambiguous statement. The "no October 2012" opinion is running pretty short on any real logic other than the lack of info, which means nothing with a game like GTA V.

It's just one of those situations where noone knows for sure, but anyone who says after March (the end of fiscal year 2013) isn't even worth taking seriously in my opinion. No other games will bring a $2 per share earning... Not Bioshock and especially not MP3 DLCs (that's laughable). monocle.gif

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Aug 12 2012, 20:02)
People often discuss how long the marketing of a game have to take at minimum. Anyway the marketing don't have to start earlier than exactly 2 months before the release. Why? Because Rockstar usually start with the pre-ordering of their games exactly 2 months before the release. So it's possible that Rockstar announce the release date and then they start with the pre-ordering AND the marketing campaign on the same day. People seem to forget that the marketing campaign WILL NOT end with the release of the game. The effective marketing end 2 months after the release because 80% of the sales are in the first 2 months after the release of a game. So that would be 4 months of a full-blown marketing campaign. More isn't needed for a game as big as Grand Theft Auto V and a longer marketing campaign wouldn't make the game more succesful and it'd be just a waste of money.

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons brother Brian @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 15:30)
There is no evidence for a delay of GTA V which means it'll be released between now and March 31st 2013. A delay is possible but IT'S NOT DELAYED YET. We already have a trailer which means the game isn't far away. Rockstar don't pre-render their trailers so it's ingame footage. The longest wait between a first trailer and a release was Midnight Club Los Angeles with 14 but the game was delayed by months. Now Rockstar use a new strategy which is clear because 9 months ago the trailer was released and we don't have a release date yet. I made a list with games from Rockstar so the first trailers and release dates.

Title - first trailer - release date (gap between first trailer and release date)
GTA San Andreas: First trailer in August 2004, released in October 2004 (2 months between first trailer and release)
Bully: First trailer in August 2006, released in October 2006 (2 months between first trailer and release)
Manhunt 2: First trailer in February 2007, released in October 2007 (8 months between first trailer and release)
GTA IV: First trailer in March 2007, released in April 2008 (13 months between first trailer and release, but the game was delayed for 6 months because of issues on the PS3)
Midnight Club Los Angeles: First trailer in August 2007, released in October 2008 (14 months between first trailer and release, but the game was delayed for 7 months because Rockstar don't wanted to let crush it with GTA IV)
Red Dead Redemption: First trailer in May 2009, released in May 2010 (12 months between first trailer and release, but the game was delayed by one month)
L.A. Noire: First trailer in November 2010, released in May 2011 (7 months between first trailer and release, but the game was delayed BEFORE THE FIRST TRAILER)
Max Payne 3: First trailer in September 2011, released in May 2012 (8 months between first trailer and release, but the game was delayed 3 years before and then delayed from March 2012 to May 2012)

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 17:55)
These finance conferences weren't for fun. The parent company of Rockstar already mentioned in May 2011 that the fiscal year 2013, which start on April 1st 2012 and end on March 31st 2013, will be the best in TakeTwo's history. TakeTwo expected 1.8 billion dollar. 55% (950 million dollar) from Rockstar and 45% (850 million dollar) from 2K. I mean if GTA V won't be released this fiscal year then there is no way that Rockstar will make about 950 million dollar. TakeTwo originally expected 300 million dollar from Max Payne 3 + DLCs but they lowered it to 250 million dollar because of the disappointing sales. A lot of games and even ALL GTAs were delayed and delays cost a lot of money and are bad for the business. Look at their stock. Their loss is relatively big right now. It wouldn't be a smart move if they wouldn't release GTA V this fiscal year. By the way the next-generation of consoles will be released most likely between October 2013 and mid 2014. It'd be bad for GTA V if the next-generation consoles are on the horizon. The last year of a console-generation is the worst if it comes to the sales. I think that many people still don't understand the seriousness of the situation. TakeTwo can't afford that. On the last finance conference you could clearly see that GTA V's internal release date is on track.

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Aug 5 2012, 16:11)
TakeTwo expect 55% from Rockstar and 45% from 2K. 2K have these games: Spec Ops: The Line, Borderlands 2, NBA 2K13, Bioshock Infinite, XCOM:Enemy Unknown; Spec Ops sold 0.45 million copies. TakeTwo said that 2K's biggest titles are NBA 2K13, Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite. So look at the past sequels of these games. NBA 2K11 sold 5.17 million copies and NBA 2K12 sold 4.92 million copies. Borderlands sold 4.66 million copies. Bioshock sold 3.86 million copies and Bioshock 2 sold 3.43 million copies. Now I take the average sales of the sequels: NBA 2K: ~5 million copies; Borderlands: ~4.7 million copies; Bioshock: ~3.6 million copies; Spec Ops: The line already sold 0.45 million copies; If I calculate all this then the result would be ~13.75 million copies. I round the results gross so NBA: 5 million, Borderlands 4 million, Bioshock 3 million, Spec Ops 0.5 million. So we can say 2K will sell at any rate between 10 and 15 million copies of their games if not more because of Steam and other online retailer this fiscal year which will end on March 31st 2013. I would say rather 15 than 10 million copies. Max Payne 3 sold 1.95 million copies without any online retailer so I would say the game sold 3 million copies. TakeTwo expect 10-15% more money from Rockstar compared to 2K. So Grand Theft Auto V must theoretically sell 12-14 million copies this fiscal year. Remember: That's just theory and it's better for TakeTwo to even surpass the predictions.

QUOTE (bud23 @ Friday, Jul 20 2012, 13:53)
The games sales plummet, and the first months of 2013 could be a disaster for the industry. October/November are the best months to launch a game. October is the smart move. Launch the game in March, April or May 2013 is just stupid.

OCTOBER 2011:
October was the best non-holiday month the US video game market has had in a long time, with an impressive 10 games selling over 200,000 units on a multiplatform basis in four weeks. On a single platform basis, 18 games sold over 100,000 units.
http://www.vgchartz....r-october-2011/

EARLY 2012:
In each of 2008, 2009, and 2010 the 50 million unit software point was crossed sometime in March.
That is, software sold more briskly.
But in 2011, it fell back into early April, indicating a significant slowdown.
This year, unit sales just crossed 51 million units at the very end of May.
http://www.gamasutra..._turnaround.php

POTENTIAL SALES; (consoles shipped in million units)
October-December '11 January-March '12
360 8.2 1.4
PS3 6,5 1.9
------ ------
14.7 3.3

IN EARLY 2013 Rockstar HAVE 11,4 MILLIONS LESS OF POTENTIAL SALES THAN IN FALL 2012!

"That was the weakest May since before the PS2 launched in 2000", Gamasutra on May 2012 sales.
The last year of a consoles generation have simply the worst sales of the whole gen.

MORE:
What significant and consumerist dates R* have in fall 2012 to sell games?
-Thanksgiving
-Black friday ("THE DAY")
-Holidays/Christmas (worldwide celebration)

What significant and consumerist dates there is in early 2013 to sell games?
-Easter

-Some of you talked about the overshadowing effect of GTA over MP3, overshadowing effect without real info of GTA!
So, can you imagine how GTA V can hurt Bioshock Infinite sales if GTA V is released in march?

-In March GTA V can be hurt by the "contrast effect" of the first next gen games.

-Some of you argumented that 3/4 months are not enough marketing.
Okay, I could write an entire page contradicting this argument. I don't have time for it.
But I go to give you a good example of why this it's stupid: GUILD WARS 2.
Its release date was announced on June 28th and the game will be launched on August 28th.
So, how affect to give the release date only two months before than a game will be launched?
FACTS:

-5 game in the USA Pre-Order Chart.
-Soon after ArenaNet announced the launch date for Guild Wars 2 it was a trending topic on Twitter.
-The third game most anticipated on IGN, the second on Gamespot etc.

In my opinion, early 2013 is simply dumb if you can choose fall 2012.
Why?
-11,4 millions less of potential sales
-The last one year of a consoles generation have simply the worst sales of the whole gen

-Worst software sales
-Worst hardware sales
-Bioshock Infinite
-Thanksgiving, Black friday("THE DAY"), Holidays/Christmas (worldwide celebration).
-"That was the weakest May since before the PS2 launched in 2000", Gamasutra on May 2012 sales.

If GTA V is released by march 2013 will be due to the issues of a huge proyect like this,
but in any way will be due to it's better in business terms than fall 2012.

After 8 months and 10 days Rockstar broke their silence. Rockstar posted an Asked&Answered regarded questions about Max Payne 3, GTA V and a few other games. But a few things are interesting.
QUOTE (Rockstar Games @ Wednesday, Jul 12 2012, 16:04)
We are very busy working on the game! Everything is going well, but the game is a huge project. We should have more information and some new assets for you soon.

We will try and get some more screens for you soon and then another trailer when we are ready.

This proved right on August 20st 2012. Rockstar had released three screenshots on the NEWSWIRE and they said they will release another few screenshots IN THE SAME WEEK!

Many people now think that a release in 2012 is impossible because Rockstar wrote this in the Asked&Answered:
We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet.

Seriously, that doesn't mean sh*t. You just can't interpret this in any way. After so many years you people have to know that Rockstar don't have a definition for time. They said in January "in a few weeks there will be a second part of the Asked&Answered" about Max Payne 3. "In a few weeks" they said. The A&A came on July 12nd which is 6 months after the announcement of a new A&A. In February they said "New GTA V info in a few months". The GTA info came on July 12nd after 5 months so I mean from the point they said that there will be new info. And that was just two examples of many things that happened in the past. So you can't interpret "...not been in position...show more...for a while yet". That's a fact.

These two pictures from GTA V don't mean anything for TakeTwo's investors. In my opinion this is just a stupid move from Rockstar. It didn't affected their stock a little bit. Many people say that the situation is not bad for TakeTwo and that there is no problem and they even say the investors wouldn't care if TakeTwo won't reach 1.8 billion dollar this fiscal year. So Rockstar can take their time and they won't get in trouble. Wrong! If Rockstar won't release GTA V this fiscal year then the value of the shares will probably sink drastically and they'd risk a takeover by EA or Activision. That wouldn't be a smart move from Rockstar. They would shoot in their own leg. IF GTA V will be delayed to after March 31st 2013 then we'll know it on the last finance conference in early 2013 at very latest if not in November 2012. If we wouldn't hear anything about GTA V and TakeTwo wouldn't lower their predictions then they won't reach the predictions for this fiscal year and it'd be even illegal. But I highly doubt it that they would do this because they would correct them down on the last finance conference this fiscal year at latest. Here's the value of the shares since the start of the existence of TakeTwo in April 1997:
user posted image

If GTA V really come this year why give Rockstar us no info? I have a answer for this question. Here a past from an interview between Gamasutra and Dan Houser: "In this rare interview, Houser outlines how the company makes its decisions -- from booting Max Payne into the future to deciding not to give players much of a window into its games prior to their release. He also discusses lessons learned from Red Dead Redemption and the creative bible for the Grand Theft Auto series." Click if you want to see the complete interview. And here Strauss Zelnick in 2009:
QUOTE (Strauss Zelnick - TakeTwo CEO)
We're not going to announce it, we're not going to announce when we are going to announce it, and we are not going to announce a strategy about announcing it or about when we are going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy.

GameInformer was always the first magazine that had a exclusive cover for many games from Rockstar in the past. Why will Andy McNamara from GameInformer don't say IF or WHEN we get a cover about GTA V if people ask him?
QUOTE (Andy McNamara @ GameInformer)
I have only confirmed that I am no longer confirming. I want to make sure when/if it happens no one sees it coming.

To be honest I don't know if we'll EVER see GTA V on the GI cover. Why? Such magazines with stories about the games are just seperate and not a must.

For the people who say "GTA V can't come in 2012 because the game will be rushed...bla bla bla...the later the better for us...": Rockstar WOULD PROBABLY release GTA V in 2012 but that don't have to mean the game is rushed. By the way it must be rembered that Rockstar shouldn't just reach the shares. No. Rockstar must even try to surpass the predictions of TakeTwo. So the game need it's time for making a huge ammount of sales. The sooner the better for Rockstar. And it don't have to mean that they rush GTA V. Rockstar Games is the last company of the world that would rush their games. And you have to know that Rockstar ordered beta-tester in January 2012 for one year. Here is the link for proof: Click!

Here are some links (click on the underlined words):
On September 20th there will be TakeTwo's annual meeting of the stockholders. Rockstar seem to start the viral marketing. The current value of the shares: Here.
And then read these topics: Short but strong marketing campaign and Syncronized strategy or purely anecdotal.

There will be people who say "Yeah, I don't believe this financial crap..." etc. Seriously, these financial things are a big part of every business. Whether the gaming industry, electronic industry, etc.

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 14:50)
I'm from Austria.

Probably explains why you thought this deserved its own thread rather than simply posting it in one of the other already existing "GTA V March 2013" topics.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Druffmaul @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 22:54)
I'm from Austria.

Probably explains why you thought this deserved its own thread rather than simply posting it in one of the other already existing "GTA V March 2013" topics.

Yeah, you're funny. In your dreams. sarcasm.gif Sorry but I made this topic because many people still asking me why I think that the game will come out this year. wink.gif

Cha Boy Jesus
  • Cha Boy Jesus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm from Austria.

Probably explains why youre ignorant.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

October, before all the Massive blockbuster games release, Max Paynes MP events end August 31st, that pretty much signals the end of it, we should start seeing a full blown campaign by then.

I could be wrong though.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 22:58)
October, before all the Massive blockbuster games release, Max Paynes MP events end August 31st, that pretty much signals the end of it, we should start seeing a full blown campaign by then.

I could be wrong though.

Thanks for information. I will add it! smile.gif

GhostFase64
  • GhostFase64

Ghostface

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

You're so unbelievably biased it's not funny.
Continue to spout bullsh*t because you just can't accept any other theories.
Good Job yet again with pulling a gigantic sh*t out of your ass.
I hope to see more in the future.

Cha Boy Jesus
  • Cha Boy Jesus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (GhostFase64 @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 23:03)

How about you explain your side instead of acting like a moron.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

F*ck you! You can't accept my opinion, do you? 0/10 for your trolling. dozingoff.gif

Kris194
  • Kris194

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

-All license plates in the trailer are from 2012

Who said you that?

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:08 PM Edited by bud23, 11 July 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Imo,this thread should be pinned. Nice work. cookie.gif

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (GhostFase64 @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 01:03)

Shut up, immature kid.
You love to talk dirty like pulling a gigantich sh*t out of an asshole, do you?
Your mom must be proud of you.

Ontopic, the weather has a bad thing on and I can't move lol
We talk 8 months noting but thinking and waiting.
But it seems GTAV will be a 2013 release, despite of the2012 license plates.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Kris194 @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 23:07)
-All license plates in the trailer are from 2012

Who said you that?

I know that from canttakemyid and I heard this before numerous times. smile.gif

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

i dont understand why people act so dumb gta v has to come out this year in oct if they were to even bring it out in jan then that wouldnt be enough time for them to make the money they need before fiscal year 13 ends its all business most people dont think its coming this year cause we dont have info that dosnt matter gta is big on its own they dont need mlg pro vids like max payne 3 there going to do what apple do little info before the game comes out its simple to understand if some people didnt act so ignorant

gtav-fan
  • gtav-fan

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=TTWO

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

All this is non sense. R* won't release V anywhere near around the next COD installment. They'll take their chances 1-2Q 2013. BO2 would crush them this year. 2013, they'll atleast have a chance.

Everyone knows fall/winter is ALL COD. That's why IV waited until April/May to avoid COD in the 4th quarter. They know they'll get shut down. While IW or Treyarch are working on the next COD to shut the GTA series down and cause further delays.

GTA won't even make it to next gen consoles. Their stock is crashing. Face it, this is GTA's final hoorah. Enjoy it for what it's worth, it's over for the genre.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:28 PM Edited by wwinterj, 11 July 2012 - 11:31 PM.

I'm from Austria.

He's already tried forcing his opinion down everyone else's throats in many topics so the only option left was to make one dedicated to his opinion. He still doesn't quite understand that not everyone shares the same opinion.

Everything that's been said here is nothing new. We all already know this but that doesn't stop us from thinking what we do. April-May 2013 is my guess and until I see something NEW then I'll continue to believe that. yawn.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Double post. orly.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 23:23)
All this is non sense. R* won't release V anywhere near around the next COD installment. They'll take their chances 1-2Q 2013. BO2 would crush them this year. 2013, they'll atleast have a chance.

Everyone knows fall/winter is ALL COD. That's why IV waited until April/May to avoid COD in the 4th quarter. They know they'll get shut down. While IW or Treyarch are working on the next COD to shut the GTA series down and cause further delays.

GTA won't even make it to next gen consoles. Their stock is crashing. Face it, this is GTA's final hoorah. Enjoy it for what it's worth, it's over for the genre.

Wrong. Rockstar don't give a sh*t about other gaming companies expect 2K. There are waaaay more consoles than back in 2008. GTA IV sold 25 million units. It'd be not a wonder for me if GTA V sell 40 million units in the first half year. GTA is stronger than ever before. Please, don't be pessimistic. It's not good for your health. wink.gif And wwinterj: I respect your opinion. icon14.gif

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

October 2012.

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

I think it's pretty obvious they'll release it before March 2013, numerous threads have covered this...

I take the press release by T2 with a grain of salt. Why? It was not guaranteed, meaning they can change it in the future. Add the fact that we all know R* can't hold a date for release to save their lives.

If we don't get any information by November (that's a massive stretch) I bet we'll see T2 release another statement lowering the shares prediction at the end of the 2013 fiscal year.

I don't remember R* releasing a game to go head to head with another huge game like GTA in the past. As you can see, releasing Max Payne 3 on the same day Diablo III came out may have not been such a great idea. But considering GTA is a much bigger game than MP, hell maybe even Halo and COD I think GTA will have no problem selling no matter when it is released. It's just up to R* whether or not it's time to compete with bigger games or just release it in calm waters.

It's all "what if" and when right now for us. monocle.gif

GhostFase64
  • GhostFase64

Ghostface

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 00:04)

F*ck you! You can't accept my opinion, do you? 0/10 for your trolling. dozingoff.gif

That is because your opinion is no better than the sh*t that drops from a donkey's arse.
MP3DLC<------>GTAVCA

@Cha Boy Jesus
The OP is moron who thinks that August 31st onward is time for V info because there will be a GTA IV MP Event on that day, and that it will be the LAST MP3 Event.
If only he had used his brain to find out that there will be more MP3 Events in the fall, along with DLC up until October.

Too Bad that the only time he ever thinks is when he posts BS like this, and it looks like your be joining his crumb bum crusade.

Congratulations.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (GhostFase64 @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 23:36)

That is because your opinion is no better than the sh*t that drops from a donkey's arse.
MP3DLC<------>GTAVCA

@Cha Boy Jesus
The OP is moron who thinks that August 31st onward is time for V info because there will be a GTA IV MP Event on that day, and that it will be the LAST MP3 Event.
If only he had used his brain to find out that there will be more MP3 Events in the fall, along with DLC up until October.

Too Bad that the only time he ever thinks is when he posts BS like this, and it looks like your be joining his crumb bum crusade.

Congratulations.

STFU and GTFO! On August 31st there will be the last multiplayer event from the main game Max Payne 3 and on this time there are already 5 DLCs out. And in the fall there are only two DLCs. Now shut up and don't write again or you get an IP ban for making several accounts, f*cking asshole. suicidal.gif

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

Pedantic Perfectionist with a slight case of OCD

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

I stopped reading at:

GTA V will be released until March 2013

Seriously. Why would they release a game for a few months, and then stop selling it?

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 18:31)

Wrong. Rockstar don't give a sh*t about other gaming companies expect 2K. There are waaaay more consoles than back in 2008. GTA IV sold 25 million units. It'd be not a wonder for me if GTA V sell 40 million units in the first half year. GTA is stronger than ever before. Please, don't be pessimistic. It's not good for your health. wink.gif And wwinterj: I respect your opinion. icon14.gif

All Rockstar did to combat COD last year was release some measly trailer that was basically all enhanced cutscenes. They couldn't even show actual ingame footage because it was so abysmal in comparison to MW3's and BF's cutscenes in the trailers.

The newest FPS games are just much more polished games that GTA simply pales in comparison. GTA just isn't that interactive and the atmosphere is dead. Even IV's online community is depleted to almost nothing nowadays.

GTA and Rockstar as a developer have just been surpassed it's as simple as that. You all think everything R* does is always perfectly planned. Like you know they can play a Royal Flush at any time they wanted. Just stop it. The show is over, the gig is up. Face it. GTA 5 isn't going to blow the gaming industry away the same way IV couldn't and didn't. Total flop of a franchise the day they took steps backwards from the original San Andreas. They could've built upon the momentum they had going, instead they decided to stop what actually made the game dead in its tracks.

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

MP3DLC<------>GTAVCA

@Cha Boy Jesus

Congratulations.

your a dumbass get out of here tounge.gif

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 23:47)

All Rockstar did to combat COD last year was release some measly trailer that was basically all enhanced cutscenes. They couldn't even show actual ingame footage because it was so abysmal in comparison to MW3's and BF's cutscenes in the trailers.

The newest FPS games are just much more polished games that GTA simply pales in comparison. GTA just isn't that interactive and the atmosphere is dead. Even IV's online community is depleted to almost nothing nowadays.

GTA and Rockstar as a developer have just been surpassed it's as simple as that. You all think everything R* does is always perfectly planned. Like you know they can play a Royal Flush at any time they wanted. Just stop it. The show is over, the gig is up. Face it. GTA 5 isn't going to blow the gaming industry away the same way IV couldn't and didn't. Total flop of a franchise the day they took steps backwards from the original San Andreas. They could've built upon the momentum they had going, instead they decided to stop what actually made the game dead in its tracks.

why are you here if your just talking sh*t about gta and R* if you think its sh*t then leave no need for all this

GhostFase64
  • GhostFase64

Ghostface

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (MLGTA @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 00:47)

MP3DLC<------>GTAVCA

@Cha Boy Jesus

Congratulations.

Let me help you with that...
You're a dumbass, get out of here tounge.gif.

@Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian
And there you go again, acting like a 5 year old who needs a new nappy, stat.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:05 AM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 12 July 2012 - 12:07 AM.

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 23:47)

You don't even give GTA V a chance. GTA IV sold 25 million units for your information and GTA SA too. The only game that sold more units was CoD MW3. It sold 28 million units. Are you a CoD fanboy? You know that GTA V belongs to the top ten key words in Google? The GTA V trailer has nearly 20 million views and that ALONE on YouTube! On the Rockstar site it has several million views too. CoD is just a rushed gaming series. Nothing new since CoD 4. confused.gif The only person that is blind is you. Sorry. confused.gif
@GhostFase64 Please just go. sarcasm.gif

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (GhostFase64 @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 00:02)
QUOTE (MLGTA @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 00:47)

MP3DLC<------>GTAVCA

@Cha Boy Jesus

Congratulations.

Let me help you with that...
You're a dumbass, get out of here tounge.gif.

@Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian
And there you go again, acting like a 5 year old who needs a new nappy, stat.

ok if you say so dumbass byee biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users