Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to make a head model fit luis bones?

15 replies to this topic
MrSmarter22
  • MrSmarter22

Working on own Projects and cant wait for V for sure

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hey

I got a head model which works well in GTA IV. But now I want to make it fit luis bones how can I do that? Is there any tutorial on how do to this?

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

you have to import the model to 3dsmax and(head model) and import luis head also.
then just put the head in the luis head model place and then copy luis modifier in the new gta iv model and export it.
use SCHEMATICAL VIEW to edit this issues.(inside 3dsmax).

its a short explanation so you may not understand all of it, any doubt just tell it.

MrSmarter22
  • MrSmarter22

Working on own Projects and cant wait for V for sure

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

LOL never really worked with 3dsmax hmm could you do that for me?

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

not really, but you can try learning things by your self.just like i did.

Reptile
  • Reptile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Sorry to bump this topic but I didn't want to create a new 3ds max/GIMS/Open Formats problem thread.
After some trials and just as many errors I think I need your help.
So here's what I did:

I exported a ped's .wdd, .wft & wtd with Open IV. I opened 3ds max '12, imported that ped with GIMS, didn't change anything, exported the ped to a new folder, and finally imported it back to the game.
And there it looks like this:

user posted image

Can someone help me please?

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Reptile @ Thursday, Aug 2 2012, 00:54)
Sorry to bump this topic but I didn't want to create a new 3ds max/GIMS/Open Formats problem thread.
After some trials and just as many errors I think I need your help.
So here's what I did:

I exported a ped's .wdd, .wft & wtd with Open IV. I opened 3ds max '12, imported that ped with GIMS, didn't change anything, exported the ped to a new folder, and finally imported it back to the game.
And there it looks like this:

user posted image

Can someone help me please?

when you import ped models to 3dsmax the geometries have skin modifier so you have to export the model with skin modifier not editable mesh or editable poly
skin modifier contains bones info so if you dont have that info the model will mess up
what you have to do is:
import to 3dsmax, copy the geometry object with skin modifier in the scene.(ex:uppr_001_u, purple tab in the SCHEMATICAL VIEW,copy it to have the skin modifier at the end of modelling).
modify the ped and when you're finished copy the skin modifier from the copied object and then paste it to modellate object.
delete old copied model and then export the model.
all should be alright if you follow this instructions. i hope it was helpful smile.gif

Reptile
  • Reptile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

when you import ped models to 3dsmax the geometries have skin modifier so you have to export the model with skin modifier not editable mesh or editable poly
skin modifier contains bones info so if you dont have that info the model will mess up
what you have to do is:
import to 3dsmax, copy the geometry object with skin modifier in the scene.(ex:uppr_001_u, purple tab in the SCHEMATICAL VIEW,copy it to have the skin modifier at the end of modelling).
modify the ped and when you're finished copy the skin modifier from the copied object and then paste it to modellate object.
delete old copied model and then export the model.
all should be alright if you follow this instructions. i hope it was helpful

Thanks for your answer. The skin modifier is there. This is how it looks. That's okay, isn't it?

user posted image

Doesn't work.

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

thats perfect. now you can export it (shouldnt be any problems).but dont forget to delete old object ok?

Reptile
  • Reptile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Yes, but that's the problem. That's how it always looks in 3d max. And it's always screwed up ingame.
Is there's something more to do? Maybe with those exported files?

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

if its that so, i'll need to know what do you do exactly step by step to find out what you are doing wrong, do you mind?
otherwise, i can help you.

Reptile
  • Reptile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Okay. Here we go. Step by step.

01. I export m_y_chopshop_01.wdd, m_y_chopshop_01.wft and m_y_chopshop_01.wtd as open formats in folder 1.
02. Then import m_y_chopshop_01.odd in 3ds max via GIMS IV from folder 1.
03. Because the problem occurs no matter what I do, even if I don't do anything, let's say I don't change nothing. (skin modifier is there)
04. I select everything in the scene. The dummies, skeletons and geometries. In this case 335 entities selected.
05. I export the whole scene via GIMS IV to folder 2
06. Then create a new IMG archive in which I import my new m_y_chopshop_01.odd from folder 2 and the original m_y_chopshop_01.otd from folder 1.
07. Now I have my new m_y_chopshop_01.wdd and m_y_chopshop_01.wtd which I then import to componentpeds.img.

You've seen the result.

I noticed that the original mesh files seem to be separated in 4 parts. 2x Idx and 2x Verts.
In the exported mesh file those parts seem to be melted together. 1x Idx and 1x Verts.

Don't know if that's important.
By the way. Thanks for your effort.

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:26 PM Edited by aacclapd, 02 August 2012 - 09:31 PM.

do you also export wft to openformats?
it is not really necessary cuz open iv and gims iv dont support wft fragtype objects yet.
if you imported wft with all the files that file carries there is your problem, you dont have to touch wft cuz they only set peds collision and its very important not to try to modify it.(any change will mess up the file cuz open iv has not any support for that file and export it to wft is useless)
and you dont have to make a new img archive, you have to import odd file directly to the componentpeds.img archive.and it will automaticaly replace by the existing file.
this may not be what you're lookin for but anyways dont move any .mesh file or .skel file anywhere out of the folders gims iv or open iv automaticaly prepare for the files.
dont forget to backup your files. smile.gif

Reptile
  • Reptile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

Mhh, now I just exported the .wdd and .wtd, didn't touch the .wft and imported them directly to componentpeds.img.
Still doesn't work.

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:02 PM Edited by aacclapd, 03 August 2012 - 04:06 PM.

men if that didnt work i dont really know what's your problem.
i've made L.A.P.D officers with badge and more issues in the belts and i changed some characters.(personal mod)
i made exactly what i told you and i dont have any problems.
post in this topic (open iv official webpage)
GooD-NTS or Chipsman can solve your problem.
if it isn't something to do with open iv importing, then post here(GIMS IV official topic) and 3Doomer will help you.

Reptile
  • Reptile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Okay. I asked in the official GIMS IV topic. Let's see what they say. Thanks for your effort.

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

ok man, i hope you succeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users