Twin Peaks

71 replies to this topic
Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

Man I really need to finish Season 2. I loved Season 1 but the first episode of 2 bored me to ears and the 22 episodes looked daunting; but this is encouraging. 

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

Man I really need to finish Season 2. I loved Season 1 but the first episode of 2 bored me to ears and the 22 episodes looked daunting; but this is encouraging. 

Finish it.  About 3/5 of the way through Season 2 sh*t gets interesting again...  on the supernatural side though.

If you don't finish Season 1 and 2 you won't follow Season 3.

• CaptainMarvel likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

It's just that the first season was moving at a slow dreamy sort of pace [which worked!] but it had just enough episodes for it to work. At 22 episodes for the second season it just seemed like a lot of filler was being thrown in and the first episode of S2 focused on all the characters I didn't care much for so I just stopped and put it on my ''to watch'' list again. With season 3 i'll probably end up watching S2 to completion over a week or two.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

If I remember correctly Lynch had pressure put on him to reveal who killed Laura Palmer earlier than expected. Some people said that after Laura Palmer's murderer was revealed that was the end of it.

Season 3 in my opinion shows how Twin Peaks can be expanded upon to be something that ties up Laura Palmer and the events surrounding her death into something even more.

I really am so anxious to see the next episode which is 2 weeks away (I've seen 3 and 4 already as they are on demand).

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Damn, I was hoping the fan theory of Mulholland Drive being connected to Twin Peaks would've come true after watching all four episodes.

Won't spoil it but I think RARusk knows what I'm talking about and how that theory gets debunked in episodes 3-4.

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Been watching Twin Peaks the Return, WTF is going on? Style over substance? Any cohesive storyline? Please illuminate me, those who have seen this series...

Saggy
  • Saggy

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Been watching Twin Peaks the Return, WTF is going on? Style over substance? Any cohesive storyline? Please illuminate me, those who have seen this series...

I haven't seen the first two seasons for a while, but I'm pretty much as lost as you.

That Michael Cera cameo hurt me inside.

• Tigereyesxx likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted A week ago

This is David Lynch you're talking about - you just strap in and enjoy the ride, I'm sure things will sort themselves out soon. BTW, because I don't have Showtime, I can't watch the show but I do plan on getting the Blu-Ray of the series when it becomes available. Hopefully they'll have a deluxe set with the entire three season run plus all versions of the pilot.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

Twin Peaks has always been about atmosphere, over the top characters, absurd dialog, and just overall weirdness.

I've yet to watch the return. I'm about two thirds through the first two seasons.
  • Tigereyesxx likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I love the Return. In fact I enjoy it more than the original show which I also watched recently. It feels like they really let David Lynch loose with this one and it's quite unlike any other TV show I've watched.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted A week ago

That's because Showtime is premium cable - you can pretty much do whatever you want which was probably the big appeal. Although ABC allowed David to do his thing back then they also got in the way too which is how Season Two got to be the way it did. They also chickened out on Mulholland Dr. which forced David to complete it as a movie instead of a series as was originally planned. Probably not a bad thing though.

• Richard Power Colt likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

This made me lol in the latest episode:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users