Twin Peaks

64 replies to this topic
Cheat
  • Cheat

HiiiPower

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Seeing as there's topics for other TV shows as well, I thought it would be appropriate for a cult show such as TP to have it's own - I strongly believe there's a fan or two hiding in this fine little community of ours.

Me personally, I finished watching the series earlier today. It took me about three weeks as I had quite a lot of stuff to do, but I spent most of my spare time with the show I became scarily obsessive over. From dead, wrapped in plastic to your favorite gum coming back in style, I am glad to say I enjoyed every single bit and find comfort in the fact that I still have Fire Walk With Me to watch, not to mention most of David Lynch's filmography (only seen Lost Highway thus far). It's been a certainly delightful journey with the show and I'm proud to say I've become one of those freaky, self-ironic and overly-obsessive cultists.

So, am I the only one?

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

No. I actually watched every episode when they originally aired twenty years ago. I have the trading card set and some of the related books. I'm also a huge David Lynch fan and have seen most of his movies. Whenever he releases a new movie I always try to see it in the theater. And you may want to look out for a game called "Deadly Premonition" which is heavily based on the show.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

I started the first season with my ex but go side tracked. I was looking for stuff to watch on my hardrive and say it again. I'm going to get stuck back in to it again from the start. I was really enjoying watching it... baked.

There was also a Twin Peaks night in my city at a club where there was coffee and pie being served, apart from the alcohol of course.

Can't wait to start watching it again. icon14.gif

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

I watched it online about six years ago and it's now one of my favourite shows. I was only about two / three years old when it originally aired and I'd never seen it on tv, but I sought it out after hearing good things about it for years as well as seeing numerous references to it on things like The Simpsons and Max Payne.

I now have the two seasons and the film on dvd which I watch every now and again. I love it's mix of murder mystery, comedy, bizarre horror and soap opera. I recommended it to a friend shortly after Alan Wake came out and he loved it too.

I can't claim to be a big David Lynch fan as I've only seen about half of his films but I love Blue Velvet and generally think that the Peaks episodes directed by him are the best.

Damn fine show.

Tyler
  • Tyler

fire season

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

I dig the sig, Cheat. The intro music for Twin Peaks was beautiful, and the intro in general is wonderfully shot. One of the things I could never reconcile with that show is the fact that the majority of the female stars were just 90s babes, in the most positive definition possible. That, and a protagonist as awesome as Kyle MacLachlan.

As for Lynch films, I've watched Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Wild at Heart and Mulholland Drive. Out of all those, I'd say Blue Velvet had the most rewatch value, but that's only because I don't know how I'd sit through Eraserhead again. Either way, they're all worth watching at least once, and Mulholland Drive has an appropriately pants-sh*tting scene that takes place by a diner, and when you finish that film I want to know your reaction.
  • Graven likes this

Cheat
  • Cheat

HiiiPower

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Cheers man, and agreed. Sherilyn Fenn and Mšdchen Amick, I swear, drove me insane every now and then. And Kyle's a BAMF.

I saw Mulholland Drive last night. Easily the most suspenseful and thus scary out of the five Lynch works I've seen, and yeah, I hated the diner scene early on almost as much as the ending, it was intense as hell. Nevertheless a great film, even if I think the narration was a tad too irrational, but that's just surrealism. Also, saw Fire Walk With Me on Friday, I'd say it's the second scariest of David's films, no doubt a lot more thrilling than the series. However, it provided great and even somewhat pleasing closure to the saga, I really liked it. Even if the Tremonds traumatized me with the painting. ew.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Did you know that "Mulholland Drive" was actually supposed to be a TV pilot for ABC? Unfortunately, ABC balked and left David with an unfinished project. Eventually one of the studios he worked with in the past allowed him to complete it as a finished film. You know, if he was going to insert all of those lesbian scenes, why didn't he just pitch it to HBO? I definitely would've signed up (or at least wait for the eventual DVD collection).

Did any of you guys ever see his comedy called "On The Air"? It came out during the initial "Twin Peaks" run. Six episodes were filmed but only three were shown (in the USA anyway - other areas of the world got them all). I recorded the ones they showed and there was a VHS compilation of all of the episodes (I didn't acquire it unfortunately). I don't know if they released it on DVD.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

I know its a bit of a bump, but has anyone else picked up the Blu-Ray collection just recently released? Picked it up and I'm pretty satisfied with the remastering on the majority of it, but still amongst the episodes there's still the occasional scene where it jumps from HD quality to a point where it looks like it came straight from the TV back in '91.

One thing that did dissapoint me big time was that it was marketed as having the entire version of Fire Walk With Me, but the deleted scene are simply bonuses and not intergrated into the film. And the justification? The theatrical version (in the words of David Lynch) are "his cut".

Overall Lynch is a good writer/director, but god he's a massive c*nt when it comes to Twin Peaks. He won't release the entire cut of Fire Walk With Me (thankfully though I downloaded a fan edit with all but three scenes back in the film), he won't consider continuing Twin Peaks despite the money numerous networks have offered him, nor will he give anyone permission to continue it in any other form for him.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

I hear they're thinking of bringing the show back.

http://www.dailymail...ult-series.html

• Mister Pink and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Very interesting. That 25 years thing may be the reason he wouldn't let anybody else continue it on his behalf. It's going to be crazy to see what's happened to Agent Cooper in the interim after the cliffhanger ending. And is it going to be on ABC? Considering how close they are to Disney would they allow it?

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by Waldie, 06 October 2014 - 10:59 PM.

"It is happening again."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-29503952

I let out a rather girly squeal when I saw this.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Sugar Free Nos like this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Paint Me Silver

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

We're gonna need some more coffee...

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:21 AM

And it's on Showtime to boot. This means that David can do anything he wants and not have to worry about network interference. Big bonus.

Unfortunately, I do not have Showtime but I will be content to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray. But I'll have to wait until 2017 for that and in time for my 50th (gasp!) birthday.

Hopefully they'll be another Deadly Premonition game in the meantime. And I'm getting ready to do a revision to my DP guide based on The Director's Cut playthrough.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

Looks like I'm a little late to this topic, but I can't wait.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:57 AM

I still have only watched half of the first season. Maybe I'll start over before the new episodes.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:02 AM Edited by Indi, 08 October 2014 - 02:14 AM.

I totally fangirled

Spoiler
out when this was announced to be returning.  f*ckin' A man.

Not a massive fan of all of Lynch's works as some of them are just plain weird, but Twin Peaks is a masterpiece.  It was one of the first shows if not the first show to feature a constant on-going plot that a lot of TV shows follow today.

Black Lodge scenes have a weird surreal quality to it too -- those voices...  damn.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:56 AM

I still have only watched half of the first season. Maybe I'll start over before the new episodes.

From what I understand Showtime plans to rerun the entire series just prior to the new episodes to get newbies up to speed.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

Ah, I must re-watch Twin Peaks. I sadly never actually finished it. Not sure why... I was loving it!

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

It's on Showtime? Good, they've got loads of great shows, Ray Donovan and Penny Dreadful are my favourites.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:47 AM

Fan-Made Promo Posters

Twin-Peaks-Revival-Posters-14-785x979.jp

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:19 PM Edited by Waldie, 06 April 2015 - 02:20 PM.

Well this is really quite gutting:

David Lynch leaves Twin Peaks revival

Was really looking forward to this, but without Lynch's direction...

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

This is surprising. Can Kickstarter come to the rescue? If not, can SWERY direct the episodes? Should be a blast if he can.

kvella
  • kvella

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:17 AM

It is really sad. I'm hoping some billionaire with good taste in tv comes to the rescue. I was lucky enough to see Lynch speak recently and he was hedging questions about Twin Peaks. He doesn't strike me as someone who'll put his name to something that doesn't match his vision, or at least, not since Dune. 

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:57 AM

YAY!!!!! Welcome back David!

• Mister Pink and westsxde like this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:38 AM Edited by Waldie, 16 May 2015 - 11:41 AM.

Thank Jebus. Just saw it on the BBC news site.

Now I can look forward to it again.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

Twin Peaks 2017 Cast Mixtape

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

13413592_1023439567732936_45781268292433

• Vanilla Shake likes this

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:13 AM Edited by Indi, 23 June 2016 - 12:16 AM.

Is that legit?

Also:

http://www.digitalsp...ened-to-cooper/

New series synopsis from the book "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" written by Mark Frost (co-creator of "Twin Peaks"):

"Twenty-five years [after Dale Cooper's investigation of the murder of Laura Palmer], the FBI gets a hold of a box it won't divulge the provenance of. In the box, a huge dossier…

"A female FBI agent is tasked to analyse all the documents inside, and everything related to the strange town of Twin Peaks. She also has to determine the identity of the person who compiled the dossier.

"Along the way, she discovers secrets about the lives of the town's residents, but also investigative reports from Dale Cooper who has since vanished, newspaper clippings, an autopsy report, and other classified information.

"What happened since the death of the young woman? And why did an anonymous 'archivist' compile such a thorough dossier on Twin Peaks and its origins?"
  • Vanilla Shake likes this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Paint Me Silver

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

I hope that poster is real 'cause it's f*cking sick.

Just about one more year to go before I get to revisit my favorite northwestern town.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:36 AM

I also recently acquired Red Seeds Profile, the Japanese version of Deadly Premonition, for my PS3. I hope to do a runthrough of it for my DP guide in-between Hitman chapters. Seriously, if you're looking for a way to get into the Twin Peaks mood prior to the new season you really need to play Deadly Premonition. As a matter of fact, the game has been credited for making new fans of Twin Peaks based on some of the stories coming out of conventions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users