Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Slowest Vehicle?

12 replies to this topic

Poll: In your opinion, what is the slowest car in GTA 2? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

In your opinion, what is the slowest car in GTA 2?

1. Van (And its variants) (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Garbage Truck (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Box Truck (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Tow Truck (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Truck Cab (Includes Truck Cab SX) (1 votes [5.00%])

6. Bus (1 votes [5.00%])

7. Tank (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

8. Pacifier (1 votes [5.00%])

9. SWAT Van (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
racersg
  • racersg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

If you want to vote on a vehicle that is not on here, just post it.

racersg
  • racersg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Also, the variants of the Van are:
Hot Dog Van.
Ice Cream Van.
And the G4 Bank Van.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

I really hate slow vehicles like G4 Bank Van because slowing vehicles doesn't interest you and it boring like that. Fast vehicles are more thrilling and interesting like a race especially police chase which is fun.

However some slow vehicles have strong durability to protect itself from gunfire.

racersg
  • racersg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (GAME MASTER @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 14:46)
I really hate slow vehicles like G4 Bank Van because slowing vehicles doesn't interest you and it boring like that. Fast vehicles are more thrilling and interesting like a race especially police chase which is fun.

However some slow vehicles have strong durability to protect itself from gunfire.

Exactly.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

What about the Panto? I know it isn't the slowest, but come on, it's incredibly slower that one would expect according to its look.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Saturday, Aug 11 2012, 12:03)
What about the Panto? I know it isn't the slowest, but come on, it's incredibly slower that one would expect according to its look.

Performance of Panto

The Panto's performance in GTA 2 mirrors its generally undesirable appearance. The car suffers from an underpowered engine, which results in a poor top speed and below average acceleration. However, helped largely by its speed, the Panto's steering is still acceptable, but its brakes are mediocre, being slightly below average. Even so, the vehicle is not practical when evading gunfire and hostile enemies, such as law enforcement.

When crushed, the Panto awards the player Grenades and it's available in Residential and Industrial District and it look like Dementia Limousine from Dimentia To Go! Loonies mission where Claude has to steal the Dementia from Car Compound.

You're right, Panto has its own charm and looks which is classic and has stylish design.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Truck Cab is the slowest but when you attach the trailer it becomes quick because of trailer speed and increased strong durability for truck cab had strengthened as well.

WeaponApe
  • WeaponApe

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

The f*cking Panto.

G4 Bank Vans are excellent. They can take everything, rooms a bunch of people (which enters through the back, neat), and can run through enemy cars (almost).
Whereas the Panto is just uselss. Tanks, Truck Cabs etc. accelerate fast, but the Panto has terrible acceleration and speed, and can't do anything. It has the lowest thrust (acceleration?) of any vechile in the game, the biggest "anti strength" (meaning it can't take sh*t before it dies) and terrible skid treshold. It's quite simply the worst car in the entire game.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

racersg
  • racersg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Giradox @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 20:27)
The f*cking Panto.

G4 Bank Vans are excellent. They can take everything, rooms a bunch of people (which enters through the back, neat), and can run through enemy cars (almost).
Whereas the Panto is just uselss. Tanks, Truck Cabs etc. accelerate fast, but the Panto has terrible acceleration and speed, and can't do anything. It has the lowest thrust (acceleration?) of any vechile in the game, the biggest "anti strength" (meaning it can't take sh*t before it dies) and terrible skid treshold. It's quite simply the worst car in the entire game.

Tank and Truck Cab??? FAST ACCELERATING?????

I'll gladly ship you back to your planet for ya. biggrin.gif

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

Panto in my opinion.

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

As a matter of fact, the Tank is the slowest vehicle in the whole game. You can test it by yourself by toggling "Show instruments" in the Debug tab in the GTA2 Manager (or PowerManager if you use the GTA2 version from the R* Games website) and testing each vehicle or by looking at the nyc.gci (handling file) with notepad or another text editor. The Tank's top speed is 0.100. The slowest "normal" vehicle, though, as far as I can remember, is either the Garbage Truck, the Panto or the Karma Bus, I can't really remember now, I may come with the answer tomorrow if I remember to.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Honestly there is no need to make opinions about which car is the slowest in the game, because it easily can be tested. Long time ago I tested the Max Speed of every car in game and the result can be seen in that topic here, just scroll down to the last post in the first page.

Here the top 5 slowest cars in the game:
  • 175 - Box Truck, Truck Cab
  • 165 - Truck Cab SX
  • 163 - Panto
  • 162 - Garbage Truck
  • 100 - Tank

If you look at the list note that not every car can reach the speed which is enlisted in the nyc.gci file. For example the Karma Bus has a speed of 275 in the file, but is only able to reach 225, so the list I made describes the actual speed the car has in the game. Have a nice day! cool.gif

WeaponApe
  • WeaponApe

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:35 PM Edited by Giradox, 01 June 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Old topic but GTA 2 will never get old:

Tank and Truck Cab??? FAST ACCELERATING?????

I'll gladly ship you back to your planet for ya. biggrin.gif

Do you even know what acceleration is?

Those "cars" are great at acceleration. Meaning they reach their top speed quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users