Photo

How to convert SA model to IV ?

6 replies to this topic
ItsAllAboutGTA
  • ItsAllAboutGTA

Blessed

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:38 PM Edited by ItsAllAboutGTA, 09 July 2012 - 03:43 PM.

Can someone tell me how to convert SA model to IV ? What tools needed to make IV map mod/totalconversion? And,can zmodeler 2.2.6 used to convert SA to IV ?

I'll be very thankfull if anyone can help me with this

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:16 PM Edited by aacclapd, 09 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

there is a plugin that allows you to import gta sa models in 3dmax called Kam's script.
the only thing you have to do is import the model to 3dsmax and then export it in the gta iv format with GIMS IV(another plugin)
but there is a big problem if you want to change a lot of models.
besides, it is not so easy. you have to convert the model's materials to gta iv ones. and then change hierarchy in the 3dsmax(more detailed issues).
first learn how to use 3dsmax and install that 2 plugins and then i'll tell you what to do exactly.ok? icon14.gif
if you already know how to use it, you can choose that way to do it,or you can choose other existing way,there is a program by Shadow-link that allows you to change from sa to iv but i think isn't finished and may not work perfectly.

ItsAllAboutGTA
  • ItsAllAboutGTA

Blessed

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (aacclapd @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 17:16)
there is a plugin that allows you to import gta sa models in 3dmax called Kam's script.
the only thing you have to do is import the model to 3dsmax and then export it in the gta iv format with GIMS IV(another plugin)
besides, it is not so easy. you have to convert the model's materials to gta iv ones. and then change hierarchy in the 3dsmax(more detailed issues).
first learn how to use 3dsmax and install that 2 plugins and then i'll tell you what to do exactly.ok? icon14.gif
if you already know how to use it, you can choose that way to do it,or you can choose other existing way,there is a program by Shadow-link that allows you to change from sa to iv but i think isn't finished and may not work perfectly.

I have got 3ds max with those 2 plugins,i have learn little bit about 3DS max,can i know what to do now ?

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

you have to import first sa model with sa plugin kam's script and then delete all green tabs linked with the model (IN SCHEMATICAL VIEW)and remake the hierarchy with GIMS/tools/HIERARCHY MANAGER. set:model(not collision) and set node or dictionary(node for single models and dictionary for odd models>wdd)
you need also to convert sa materials(shaders properties) to gta iv ones so click on the Convert Material tab in tools.
if you have any fail in the material in scene display, it means that the textures dissapeared and you need to reimport textures.
before Converting material you should go to material editor in tools(GIMS) and convert materials one by one, clicking on the materials.
after that, change shaders if needed and reimport textures if they dissapeared and then you are able to export(odr-odd format)

export it and then import odr-odd file to your game archive(img-rpf) by using OPEN IV program.
if you have any question just PM me. smile.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Nope, it's just as easy if not easier than using Kams.
you have to convert the model's materials to gta iv ones. and then change hierarchy in the 3dsmax(more detailed issues)
All automated in GIMS, not hard.
first learn how to use 3dsmax
this x1000
program by Shadow-link

you have to import first sa model with sa plugin kam's script and then delete all green tabs linked with the model (IN SCHEMATICAL VIEW)and remake the hierarchy with GIMS/tools/HIERARCHY MANAGER. set:model(not collision) and set node or dictionary(node for single models and dictionary for odd models>wdd)
you need also to convert sa materials(shaders properties) to gta iv ones so click on the Convert Material tab in tools.
if you have any fail in the material in scene display, it means that the textures dissapeared and you need to reimport textures.
before Converting material you should go to material editor in tools(GIMS) and convert materials one by one, clicking on the materials.
after that, change shaders if needed and reimport textures if they dissapeared and then you are able to export(odr-odd format)

export it and then import odr-odd file to your game archive(img-rpf) by using OPEN IV program.
%99 correct, i highlighted the un-needed parts in red because that's automated now. icon14.gif

kadeiwood
  • kadeiwood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

Take help from expert technician otherwise it may cause you more problem.

snipeingkicker
  • snipeingkicker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users