Photo

Sniper Rifles

28 replies to this topic
Eagle-Eye
  • Eagle-Eye

☸ Sniper ☸

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

What do you think the Sniper Rifles will be like in GTAV?

Similar to Red Dead or more towards the realism of Battlefield 3?

Where you'd have to take a breath to hold the Sniper still?
Or where'd you have to crouch to keep the Sniper still?

Measuring the distance of the bullet travel... etc etc.

What do you guys thnk/prefer?

LetsPlay55
  • LetsPlay55

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

sort of like BF3.. hopefully

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

I love sniping so I hope they make it as realistically as possible, a working mil dot would be pretty awesome cool.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well, as realistic as possible...I hope.

Drakulbites
  • Drakulbites

Toxic Beauty

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

I know very very little about real world guns but I did hear/read that zooming with a sniper rifle isn't like GTA where you can zoom in and out like a camera. It's set magnification. Magnification x1, x2, x5, x10 etc.
That might make sniping a bit frustrating if your target happens to be so far that x5 isn't close enough but x10 is too close.

Eagle-Eye
  • Eagle-Eye

☸ Sniper ☸

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Maybe different Snipers will have Different Scopes with different Magnifications.

Or, if they add weapon customization, you can probably switch between scopes.

Or... I heard that real scopes have this function that zooms in using a wheel, i'm unsure about this. I've just heard of it.

Drakulbites
  • Drakulbites

Toxic Beauty

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Maybe have the set magnification be for an older, cheaper sniper rifle and the camer-style zoom be a newer, more expensive model.

Would antique weapons work in GTA?

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

sniper elite style, with slow mo deaths biggrin.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

at least no bullet drop...

GTA isnt a FPS simulation...

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 15:10)
I love sniping so I hope they make it as realistically as possible, a working mil dot would be pretty awesome cool.gif

This. icon14.gif

I just imagine me trying to work hard to get money, being an assassin. And if my target is a cop or something, sniping him from a building or a big bush with no one noticing me. (silencer and scope from long range) blush.gif

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 15:50)
QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 15:10)

This. icon14.gif

I just imagine me trying to work hard to get money, being an assassin. And if my target is a cop or something, sniping him from a building or a big bush with no one noticing me. (silencer and scope from long range) blush.gif

I have a question though, I'm great at sniping in gta 4 but I have problem predicting when the bullet will hit the opponent unless I'm infront or behind them which makes it way easier, but I read that the mil dot really works in the snipers so can someone tell me how??(mil dot= numbers/dots to predict when bullet will hit at greater distances)

mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

I like sniping how it is in GTA 4... I like having advanced snipers and regular hunting rifles... I just wish the advanced sniper was very difficult to get.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I don't like the adjustable magnification on every scope, too unrealistic. With the higher likelihood of attachments, I think it better if you could purchase different magnification scopes (6x, 12x, 24x maybe for an assassination mission), as adjusting scopes such as in IV (if they actually exist) are rare, and shouldn't be on every rifle...

I also think there should be bullet drop. Going from BF3 back to IV, I was aiming above everyone, and missing. IV had bullet time, but not bullet drop. Makes no sense. It is weird having one but not the other.

The ability to mount weapons/use mounted weapons should be added in V. Scope sway would be eliminated when using a mounted sniper, but standing or crouching would make it sway slightly.

DMS3223
  • DMS3223

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Sorry to burst some of ur bubbles but any sort of snipers or hunting rifles DO in fact have adjustable scopes, the one i use, (for hunting), has a number for how far away its set for and i spin a wheel to make that number equal how far away my target is. These scopes arent at all difficult to come across where im at, and arent all that rare. turn.gif

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

As long as it doesn't obstruct accessibility, I don't care.

FlavouredMilk
  • FlavouredMilk

Good. Bad. I Am The Guy With The Gun.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

For a game like GTA, all I really want is some basic bullet drop physics and the free-zooming. I know it's not realistic, but it's easy enough, it's just GTA. I play BF3 and ADORE the snipers, but it's not for GTA.

Cazzer14
  • Cazzer14

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

For me, they should keep it the same a IV, being able to zoom in and out (can't BE too realistic), but they need to add the horizontal equivalent of bullet drop (I can't think of the term). I'm used to FPS's, and so I 'lead' targets through the scope, keeping the sights slightly in front of the target if they're moving, so that the bullet meets the path of the target's movement. IV didn't have any time taken from the bullet reaching the gun to hitting the target, it was instant, like the speed of light instant. Not realistic. And so I was terrible at sniping in IV, because I was so used to 'leading' the targets, when I shouldn't.

Sorry if that's not clear. confused.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Release the Bleeding Death!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Multiplayer: Yes. Make it hard for the snipers instead of letting them have easy kills by camping.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 16:37)
I don't like the adjustable magnification on every scope, too unrealistic. With the higher likelihood of attachments, I think it better if you could purchase different magnification scopes (6x, 12x, 24x maybe for an assassination mission), as adjusting scopes such as in IV (if they actually exist) are rare, and shouldn't be on every rifle...

I also think there should be bullet drop. Going from BF3 back to IV, I was aiming above everyone, and missing. IV had bullet time, but not bullet drop. Makes no sense. It is weird having one but not the other.

There's no bullet time in IV, that's in Max Payne games, and it's simply Slow Motion.

And yes, there are such things as variable power scopes (they are quite common, the only downside to them is their high price), the only reason why your BF3 didn't have some because of the console/engine limitations, as if a player would zoom in, the bullet drop wouldn't be same anymore, the bullet would go upwards and you can't do any zeroing on the guns in BF3, because all the bullet drop is fixed unlike ArmA 2.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'll be fine if R* corrects the fact that in GTAIV...

- sniper rifles had the range of real life assault rifles
- assault rifles had the range of real life sub machine guns (SMGs)
- smgs and pistols had the range of real life shotguns
- shotguns had the range of a real life baseball player's pitch

*Many other shooters like COD have horribly unrealistic ranges. monocle.gif

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 20:01)
Multiplayer: Yes. Make it hard for the snipers instead of letting them have easy kills by camping.

Oh yes then take away in MP the ability to hide on the wall because noobs cant shoot so they simply press a button and wait for the target like noobs.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Anything like Gears 1 to 3 or Mass Effect 3 would make me really happy just brutal.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 15:27)
sniper elite style, with slow mo deaths biggrin.gif

+1

Wrathchild America
  • Wrathchild America

I'm just having fun.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

It might just be similar to Max Payne 3.

bhijm
  • bhijm

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

It's not only a good idea, but -i think it is- a necessary add for gameplay.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

everyone is making a big mistake here, bullet time does exist in gta 4 but it's hard to notice at relatively "close" distances, I guess most of you haven't or don't snipe as much as I do because it's a pain in the ass when the target is traveling fast parallel to you, or when the target is really fast there is always a delay of 1 or 2 seconds.

And for those saying sniper kills are noob/campers you probably suck at it since being a sniper is not easy as it sounds specially against good players and people who know you are hunting them down suicidal.gif

i am a girl on the internet
  • i am a girl on the internet

Here since 2003

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

I like realistic sniping (having to deal with bullet drop, wind, etc) in most games, but I definitely wouldn't want it in GTA:V. I like the simple "point and shoot" mechanic that GTA has always had.

DMS3223
  • DMS3223

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

And yes, there are such things as variable power scopes (they are quite common, the only downside to them is their high price)-Triple Penetration

THANK YOU, lol

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Honestly, I hope it's not as realistic as BF3. RDR has minor bullet drop, I hope V is like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users