» «
Photo

Standing on heli while it moves

No replies to this topic
mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:03 AM Edited by mvega0422, 09 July 2012 - 12:08 AM.

The other day, I was in a Buzzard and brought it to a full blown hover mode. This means zero movement in the x or y axis (it can still be moving up or down) .. I then moved the helicopter a tiny tiny bit to your 10 o'clock (forward-left), and hopped out.

Please understand I am NOT bullsh*tting -- I have no reason to bullsh*t anyone and am genuinely curious.

I hopped out the helicopter and stood on the little running board. Swear to God, my f*cking character stood there and I could do things. The problem is that I was trying to jump and parachute, so as quickly as it happened, I moved the joystick and fell off the edge.

I'm telling you guys, this sh*t is possible. I tried a good 10 times after that and couldn't do it (though 1 time I came close again) then I got frustrated and stopped. Now my buddy was just playing GTAIV and right as he shut the PS3 off, I remembered and told him, but it was too late, so we're gonna try it another time.

Any opinions? If I would've realized sooner what was happening, I would've thrown a grenade or shot off a couple rounds and clicked triangle to go back in the helicopter but it was such a shock that I didn't.

Edit: When I say a "tiny tiny bit" I have no clue even what I mean. From memory, I could easily notice the helicopter moving to 10 o'clock, so it wasn't necessarily THAT small, but it also wasn't much movement since a moment prior I had been trying to keep the helicopter in a stable hover.

Edit 2: I feel like it was a glitchy thing, like the helicopter movement was so perfect that it 'caught' me as I jumped out. I'm really not sure of the potential possibilities, but I'm 99.99% positive my guy was actually STANDING on the running board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users