Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V DLC

23 replies to this topic

Poll: What Type Of DLC Would You Like To See For GTA V? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

What Type Of DLC Would You Like To See For GTA V?

1. Missions DLC (21 votes [18.58%])

Percentage of vote: 18.58%

2. Weapons DLC (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Vehicles DLC (7 votes [6.19%])

Percentage of vote: 6.19%

4. Costumes/Clothing DLC (1 votes [0.88%])

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

5. Radio Stations/Music (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Mixture of All Five (84 votes [74.34%])

Percentage of vote: 74.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote
XxSea12HawksxX
  • XxSea12HawksxX

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:43 AM Edited by xXCam1NewtonXx, 08 July 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Just curious as to what type of DLC everyone would be interested in? I always thought that with Black Ops, you should get a mixture with DLC packs. Maybe one or two new maps, new weapons, gear, uniform, perks, etc.

So with that thought in mind, I was wondering what type of DLC would everyone like to see for GTA V if given the choice?

I would go for the Mixture of All Five. I think it'd be fun and cool to get one or two new story line's with their own set of Achievements(like most games do), Missions both Main and Side, Weapons, Costumes/Clothing, Vehicles and Music. I liked how in Saints Row when you collected 10 CD's you unlocked one new track from each genre. Or if they added new radio stations with new DJ's, or they added new DJ's and content(commercials, music, etc.) to existing radio stations.

And in the long run, you would get more bang for your buck with the Ultimate DLC Package. Because let's face it, it's bull sh*t they charge us as much as they do for DLC that's not even worth 1600, 800, or even 500 XBL Points. 'Nuff said!

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

None? Everything should be included in the vanilla game like in the III-era. I know this is idealistic, but I'd rather R* North move on to Agent and GTA VI.

Turbojohn
  • Turbojohn

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

there is no way why you wouldn't click the mixture of all 5

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

I'd like new story missions that include new weapons and cars with some music.
@Dick Valor I'd like this too, I don't want to pay for features that were cut from the game.(Saints Row The Third)

Claude speed GTA III Fan
  • Claude speed GTA III Fan

CLAUDE SPEED !!!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

making dlcs will suck the game, i prefer every thing uncluded, with game, because dlcs will ruin the game imo, just like many games were ruined by dlcs
and if they add dlcs, i would like it to be another story, like in gta iv, for example, to et us see what happened to cj in a small dlc, or any thing related to gta that is still a secret

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

None.

I'm ok with things like the EFLC DLC's as they were basically games in their own right. What I don't want is all the sh*tty micro DLC's like weapon packs, car packs, etc, etc.

WizzleKidd
  • WizzleKidd

Lock AND ban

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

This generation of 'DLC' is retarded. Companies all hold back on their content within games just to make more money.. F this.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Vehicles, radio and guns should all be included already.
Some DLC like TBOGT where you get extra missions would be perfect

JohnnyBNL
  • JohnnyBNL

Flying Dutch Man

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

The first 4 months after release i don't want to see any DLC for the game...

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (WizzleKidd @ Sunday, Jul 8 2012, 09:31)
This generation of 'DLC' is retarded. Companies all hold back on their content within games just to make more money.. F this.

I agree,but not all the companies are equals.Gta IV DLC“S are great,skyrim dlc“s are very good too,ea sucks.....it depends.

I only hope they do not continue by the way that have begun with mp3,because honestly MP3 dlc“s are garbage in comparison with gta IV dlc“s.

Think that gta v dlc“s should sell more than mp3,so I think that we will see a new whole story with new characters and maybe new cities.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

I don't want any DLC.
GTA isn't a DLC game.
It just isn't.

Basical25
  • Basical25

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

I want proper expansion packs, not some small dlc packs.

I have never bought any new era DLC because quite frankly it's almost always a total rip-off.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

ffs no f*cking DLCs, I want to have all features in one game

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

None. Or like South Central/TBoGT/TLaD - 6-12 months after release; 1/5 of the game for 1/5 of price.

Now with MP3 we have lame recycled maps for $8. "Fairly priced" my ass.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

I think that GTAV will be sufficiently large and rich with detail and environments, that Rockstar will be able to create significant new mission/storyline DLCs including new characters, for a long time, enough to carry over to the time frame of the next GTA game on the next gen consoles.

The DLCs can selectively open up the interiors of some buildings, include new buildings and countryside constructions, and new minigames, some of which might be fairly significant in scope. Also, as the mission DLCs evolve, I would expect to see incidental release of new items in the other four categories.

Some people are screaming mad insisting that DLCs are just extra game bits that should have been included in the original game, but it doesn't have to be that way. The DLCs could be genuine new content that requires the better part of a year to create. I think that Rockstar could leverage the great world they have created, to get the equivalent of one or two more games out of the same basic environment over a period of a couple of years, and make money doing it, since they only need to concentrate on the characters, script and incremental builds.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Why do people complain about DLC's it will only be like £20 for a R* Pass for GTAV are you bums?

Cazzer14
  • Cazzer14

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Just like Episodes for IV, but for V, they were spot-on for me.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:45 PM Edited by Simon_V, 08 July 2012 - 02:50 PM.

I think they will do the same DLCs, as they did with IV... 2 or 3 Story DLCs... each DLC has some exclusive features(vehicles, side-missions, etc...).

After they will release the last Episodic DLC, they will release Episodes From Los Santos biggrin.gif

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

New island please....

Shreddy Krueger
  • Shreddy Krueger

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Sunday, Jul 8 2012, 08:55)
None.

I'm ok with things like the EFLC DLC's as they were basically games in their own right. What I don't want is all the sh*tty micro DLC's like weapon packs, car packs, etc, etc.

Agreed. Developers are taking advantage of the consumer by charging an extra $5 for "new" weapons which you know were created during regular development of the game.

It's unfortunate, because it's not truly the devs fault. It's simple business. They take out portions of the vanilla game on purpose, but ultimately it's the consumers who are still willing to shell out the extra $$ for it. If people would stop paying $5+ for nothing but a couple weapons/car packs, etc, then devs would either leave them in the vanilla game, or work harder at creating legitimate DLC worth extra $$.

IMO, the EFLC were the PERFECT definition of DLC. No doubt that things like the new weapons/cars/parachutes were developed while vanilla IV was being made, but R* incorporated those 'micro' features in with new characters, new storylines, missions, and side-missions. Hell they were basically mini-GTA games.

If more DLC existed like EFLC, I'd be more than happy to hand over my $ for it. Instead, the gaming industry is bogged down with sh*t like SR3 where you had to pay for CHEATS, for christ sake.

XxSea12HawksxX
  • XxSea12HawksxX

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

I understand where everyone is coming from that doesn't want or feel that GTA is a DLC game. I can easily say the same. But let's face it, the days of multi-disc games are probably behind us. Granted Rockstar did it with LA Noire. But I just don't see them doing it with GTA V or any other GTA title. I'd happily put up with loading screens and multi-disc's if meant we got more content and didn't have to rely on DLC.

But this is after all, the era of DLC and it's how they make money, by making us pay for the extra's that couldn't or they just didn't want to fit onto the disc.

Yes of course the game would already feature Weapons, Vehicles, etc. But I'm talking about new weapons, vehicles, clothing/costumes, missions, etc. Because unless they do a multi-disc set up, there's only so much they can cram onto one disc. And you're going to end up having to sacrifice something in return.

I'd gladly pay for GTA DLC, if it was like Mafia 2's DLC where you get to play as a new character, get new cars, clothes, and a few hours of good storyline and missions.

I just feel that if companies are going to make DLC, then damn it it better be worth what we have to cough up for it. It's bull sh*t and unfair to all of us gamers and loyal fans to have to put up our hard earned money for an hour of extra game play or sh*tty content. And although I'm a fan of Saints Row. They're guilty of putting out some sh*tty DLC and charging up the ass for it.

In the end, I want my money's worth for the main title and the DLC if there's going to be any. 'Nuff said!

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

I voted for mixture of all the above.

Because I think if you add a DLC of each one appart, it'll be too pure and SO boring, and will lack this and that. wink.gif

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

I think it is just a bit too soon to be talking about DLC....

Schweppez
  • Schweppez

just some nut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

More DLC like TLAD & TBoGT. So I guess that falls under "Missions" or "Mixture" DLC.

Morons that say "They should have everything in the game from the beginning" need to realize no game is perfect. There's always room for improvements and additions ontop of an already great game, instead of waiting years for a new game with new features. Episodes from Liberty City was a critically and commercial success. Deal with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users