Quantcast

Jump to content

» «
Photo

Infernus top speed - problem

2 replies to this topic
TakumiR
  • TakumiR

    Cake Eater

  • Members
  • Joined: 08 Jul 2012

#1

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Hello dear GTAFORUMS users! I come to you asking for help in a simple, but difficult (to me) problem---
See... yesterday, 6th of July, I decided I wanted a more realistic handling on my modded cars, since some of them have too much acceleration, NOT so much acceleration, too much grip, not so much, etc etc... the list goes on. However, I did a research around the internet about what every column of numbers means in the Handling.cfg archive. I ended up by downloading CFG-Studio 2 and SA Handling Editor to make my work easier. I saw tutorials, I tested every single change in my vehicles and made them as realistic I could with the information gathered in the Internet about the car.

Now, to the problem.
At the end of the day, I ended with only 2 cars to fix. The Hotring, and the Infernus
Both cars gave me problem, because none of them was realistic enough to me. They had fails as a poor acceleration, too much power, not enough top speed and sometimes, too much grip.
Today, I fixed finally the Hotring, which is modded with the FIA GT Bonus pack #1 of "Wild Upgrade Your Cars V2" Audi LMS by YourCreatedHell, and so, with only the Infernus left.
I currently have problems with the car bacause, no matter how much power I add to the car, how much I change the grip (even when it does not have anything to do with the top speed), how much acceleration I give to it or whatever I do, it just can reach the top speed of 340 km/h, or 200 mph -maybe... I don't know the exact speed in MPH-
It only reaches the top speed of 118 mph (290 kmh) and it does not go more than that.

To the moment the car reaches the 118 mph, it still accelerates (the sound still goes as accelerating) but the speed keeps it's number. The car itself have 6 gears (in the handling.cfg is showed as "5" as well). However, I want to know if there's the possibility of some of you guys to help me fix the problem with an explanation or just giving the customized line as well...

The car which replaces the Infernus in my game is a customizable Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
The original handling line is:
INFERNUS 1800.0 4411.5 1.0 0.0 0.0 -0.65 70 0.86 0.88 0.44 5 470.0 62.0 71.0 4 P 11.1 0.5 0 35.0 0.8 0.2 0.0 0.20 -0.07 0.5 0.6 0.26 0.54 105000 40222000 640002 1 1 0

The one I made:
INFERNUS 1665.0 4411.5 0.8 0.0 -0.4 -0.3 70 0.75 0.70 0.44 5 340.0 27 19.0 R P 10.1 0.5 1 35.0 0.8 0.2 0.0 0.17 -0.07 0.5 0.6 0.26 0.54 105000 40222000 640002 1 1 0

I'd appreciate any help given.
Thanks

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

    Formerly Oksu

  • Members
  • Joined: 30 Sep 2010
  • Finland

#2

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:52 AM Edited by oksa8, 08 July 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Okay, so first thing to do: Always, ALWAYS, enable USE_MAXSP_LIMIT from HandlingFlags. It makes the defined top speed to be accurate and makes the vehicle actually try to reach the top speed. And, just for comparisation, here's my own handling I've made for BMW 1M:

CADRONA 1495.0 5225.0 1.4 0.0 0.12 -0.07 -1 0.49 0.87 0.47 5 293.0 29.5 72.0 R P 2.2 0.54 1 41.0 0.7 0.3 0.0 0.11 -0.04 0.5 -0.2 0.40 0.54 47100 C0002000 5400000 0 0 1

As you see, I'm using bigger drag setting (car isn't really aerodynamic), top speed is slightly less than 300 km/h, BUT: My acceleration is higher than in your handling. Same with engine inertia. Even with that "high" acceleration I'm using, it's really hard to reach top speed and nearly impossible without nitrous. I've used high engine inertia to allow smoother acceleration. Remember always check any handling flag there is, they affect really much.

If you want to have really realistic handling, you should adjust acceleration so you can barely reach top speed, and then set engine inertia for smoother acceleration. After that, tweak suspension* and grip and you're good to go! icon14.gif


*Though suspension also affects grip, and in some cases, also acceleration, so you better make suspension somewhat working.

EDIT: Almost forgot, if you need good speedometer for temporary use, I'd recommend my Digital Speedometer, compact and supports both KM/H and MPH.

TakumiR
  • TakumiR

    Cake Eater

  • Members
  • Joined: 08 Jul 2012

#3

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:12 PM Edited by TakumiR, 08 July 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Thanks!
I'll be editing the line soon, and see if it works with my Super GT, which I discovered that has the same problem.
Just one question. I know that at some point I will discover it by myself, but... how do I add the USE_MAXSP_LIMIT ?? I've seen around here and other places that is "the 25th element in the HandlingFlags line" or so. I'm a little "lost" in that he he, that's why I haven't wanted to touch the Handling flags yet.

Thank you very much for your answer!

About the speedometer. I'd like to know if there's any chance to make it use a texture, as the memphis_speedometerV2
That speedometer is not very accurate, but I like it because the functions and how it looks visually. However, I've been using the CamHack one. I'll test the one of yours and see if it works better than the CamHack (I'm tired of the many views in-car)

EDIT: I found how to put the USE_MAXSP_LIMIT! Thanks you very much!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users