Rambo: The Video Game.

56 replies to this topic
UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

The Rambo video game announced last year now has a title. It's called... Rambo: The Video Game. And it's due for release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sometime later this year.

The game's being produced by UK-based publisher Reef Entertainment. Speaking last year, CEO of Reef Entertainment Peter Rezon said, "I am a big fan of Sylvester Stallone movies, and when we had the opportunity to secure the video game rights from StudioCanal for the Rambo franchise, we had to grab it with both hands."

So why it's been so long since we've heard anything on the project?

Reef's marketing boss Craig Lewis explained: “We have been quiet since we acquired the Rambo license last August. During this time we have been dedicated to creating a videogame for consoles and PC that will allow Rambo fans and gamers across the globe to really get under the skin of Rambo and wield his iconic weapon-set in battle.”Rambo: The Video Game will be shown off for the first time at Gamescom next month

user posted image

What do you guys think about this? smile.gif

Source: IGN

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

What engine it will be? Sounds like it will be the James Bond's Quantum of Solace videogame.

At least one of the platforms is PC, that makes me happy.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Man, I can't imagine this being any better than "awful."

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Don't really see this as being anything more than a mindless shooter.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 14:31)

I know, but I think it'd be pretty excellent if it were more of a survival action game, akin to MGS3. But you know, with vietnamese or cambodians or russians or somebody instead of some made up terrorist cell. Also, I think it'd be kind of lame if it were done like a movie anthology and followed all of those plotlines. I'd like to see a prequel of Rambo in Vietnam on his first deployment in the Green Berets.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

Reef Entertainment? Movie license? Yeah excited already. dozingoff.gif turn.gif whatsthat.gif

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

Rest your trigger on my finger

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Very creative title, and great boxart too. But I'm not sure why they bothered putting that helicopter there when they could've used that space for yet another image of Stallone.

Yeah yeah judging a book by its cover, I know. So to be fair I'll wait and see how the game itself plays. But I certainly don't have high hopes for this one.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:10 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 06 July 2012 - 08:40 PM.

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 21:38)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 14:31)

I know, but I think it'd be pretty excellent if it were more of a survival action game, akin to MGS3.

One can only hope. Who knows. The Godfather game was pretty awesome. Scarface: The World if Yours was awesome as well. So movie licensed games can be good. But Rambo? Even the movies are pretty generic.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 19:31)

A bit like Rambo then.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Has any movie or TV licensed game ever been good?

The closest I can think is the Telltale Back to the Future episodes - and that is only because I'm a loser.

Sorry, but I just have to do this. By far the best(and maybe only) song about Rambo.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:54 PM Edited by WF the Hobgoblin, 06 July 2012 - 09:56 PM.

You never know, the game could surprise you, not holding my breath though. I always thought Rambo 3 on the mega drive was pretty good fun.

Yes trip, there has been quite a few good movie/tv licensed games imo, especially in the last decade or so. It's just that there's been a lot of sh*t ones that give the whole lot a bad name.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 18:00)
Sounds like it will be the James Bond's Quantum of Solace videogame.

That's exactly what I thought; although I enjoyed the James Bond games.

Never thought there would be a Rambo video game.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 15:16)

Spiderman 2 was god damn fantastic, that's about it though.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

the problem is that the legacy of Rambo doesn't reflect it's roots.

no one remembers the first Rambo movie.
they remember all the ones that came after. that's why everyone thinks it has to be a crappy, mindless shooter.

it doesn't have to be.
the first Rambo was about survival, stealth, and tactics. it didn't really have any of the shoot-em-up en mass that defined the sequels. it was about exploring, stalking, watching, waiting, setting traps, and performing (mostly) silent takedowns.

they could make the game like this and it could be awesome.
or they could f*ck it up and make it a generic Crysis clone.

Crysis was basically Rambo.
but in place of steroids (lookin' at you Stallone) the character used augmentations tounge2.gif

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 21:16)

"Star Wars" (Atari Vector Graphics Version) - Arcade
"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" - Arcade
"Firefox" - Arcade
"Red Storm Rising" - Commodore 64 (Yes, it's a book but the game was damn good)
"The Simpsons" - Arcade
"GoldenEye" - Nintendo 64
"Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" - Nintendo 64
"Turok 2: Seeds of Evil" - Nintendo 64 (Comic book but, again, great game)
"The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay" - Xbox
"The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" - Xbox 360
"The Darkness" - Xbox 360 (Another good comic book game)

Just a few off the top of my head.....

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

This isn't the first one you know:

http://www.gametrail...ame-nerd--rambo

Hopefully this won't suck as much.

Verdant
  • Verdant

On Doomsday!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

Even though I like Rambo movies a lot.
I don't think I will be picking this up yet. Might look at some reviews and a couple walkthroughs but I hope this won't be tacky like Bad Boys 2: Miami Take down. The dialogue for that was absolutely awful..

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

The closest I can think is the Telltale Back to the Future episodes - and that is only because I'm a loser.

Sorry, but I just have to do this. By far the best(and maybe only) song about Rambo.

the walking dead by telltale is interesting. i just play it when i have nothing to do though. also there is a upcoming walking dead FPS by activision

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Rambo was a good action movie but don't think had a great story so intense that it makes me buy the game and above all, hated the sh*t look of Sylvester Stallone, that alone discourages me to even download the demo in future.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (RARusk @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 21:22)

"Star Wars" (Atari Vector Graphics Version) - Arcade
"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" - Arcade
"Firefox" - Arcade
"Red Storm Rising" - Commodore 64 (Yes, it's a book but the game was damn good)
"The Simpsons" - Arcade
"GoldenEye" - Nintendo 64
"Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" - Nintendo 64
"Turok 2: Seeds of Evil" - Nintendo 64 (Comic book but, again, great game)
"The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay" - Xbox
"The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" - Xbox 360
"The Darkness" - Xbox 360 (Another good comic book game)

Just a few off the top of my head.....

I should have said this gen tounge2.gif .

You can't really count arcade games, because that was a whole different time with all sorts of new and exciting freshness. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fanfoy, and I grew up in arcades. Oddly enough, I didn't enjoy that Star Wars vector game...I really wanted to. Maybe I was just pissed off since it seemed like they just did a 'paint job' on the game Red Barron.

Loved Rogue Squadron on the PC though tounge2.gif

I guess maybe there have been a few movie/tv based titles that stand out, but look at the flood of licensed games over the past 10 years. Every f*cking kid movie gets turned into a sh*tty game, every comic book based movie gets turned into a sh*tty game, holy f*ck!!!!They even made a Desperate Housewifes game for crying out loud.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Is Sly voicing Rambo though?

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:09 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 07 July 2012 - 01:11 PM.

It's Not Yet confirmed i think. If someone else is the voice actor i will literally cry and will boycott this game.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 22:16)

I know people have already answered but Scarface was brilliant. Empire building in a GTA style environment. It was extremely violent and you actually deal and smuggle cocaine. It's not smack or some street name, it's actually cocaine. You smuggle kilos of it from the islands to your factories, dish it out to your fronts etc. Amazing game. If you liked Vice City, how could you not like this, basically. biggrin.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 11:40)

I know people have already answered but Scarface was brilliant. Empire building in a GTA style environment. It was extremely violent and you actually deal and smuggle cocaine. It's not smack or some street name, it's actually cocaine. You smuggle kilos of it from the islands to your factories, dish it out to your fronts etc. Amazing game. If you liked Vice City, how could you not like this, basically. biggrin.gif

Totally dig that. Forgot about Scarface the game. Good solid game - too bad it probably will never get a reboot or remake, because my only gripe about that game was the graphics were so flat and unexciting.

But really...Out of all the movie/tv licensed games out, there seems to only be like 2 or 3 that may stand out. Those numbers aren't really good when you look at how many movie/tv licensed games are rushed out to market. Desperate Housewives(the game)...Come on now. Every Pixar and Dreamworks kids movie has a [rushed] game made for it.

It has never been a working formula, because it is strictly an 'exploit something for profit' model.

Is there like some sort of Rambo anniversary coming up or something that they want to tie this game to? Without looking, I'm going to guess yes.

Wasn't there a crappy 'Die Hard' game a handful of years back?

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm really looking for this one as a big fan of Stallone's movies.
We'll see, I might as well as buy it.
Is there a trailer coming out anytime soon?

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 17:24)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 11:40)

Totally dig that. Forgot about Scarface the game. Good solid game - too bad it probably will never get a reboot or remake, because my only gripe about that game was the graphics were so flat and unexciting.

But really...Out of all the movie/tv licensed games out, there seems to only be like 2 or 3 that may stand out. Those numbers aren't really good when you look at how many movie/tv licensed games are rushed out to market. Desperate Housewives(the game)...Come on now. Every Pixar and Dreamworks kids movie has a [rushed] game made for it.

It has never been a working formula, because it is strictly an 'exploit something for profit' model.

Is there like some sort of Rambo anniversary coming up or something that they want to tie this game to? Without looking, I'm going to guess yes.

The numbers aren't good and part of the reason really is the idea of there being a formula. A lot of Movie tie in games are made to match the release dates of said movie and TV Show tie ins are made to come out while the franchise is popular. A lot of the better tie-ins are released out of sync with these factors. As people have said the Scarface game was apparently really good, the Chronicles Of Riddick game was good because it didn't follow a films plot it was made to stand alone, the Batman games are brilliant.

As far as Die Hard goes, it depends because the original Die Hard Trilogy was awesome tounge.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Markwey @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 16:41)
I'm really looking for this one as a big fan of Stallone's movies.
We'll see, I might as well as buy it.
Is there a trailer coming out anytime soon?

Yep, They will show it at Gamescom

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:46 PM Edited by WF the Hobgoblin, 07 July 2012 - 04:49 PM.

There was a few. Die Hard Trilogy was a good game though. You're probably thinking of Vendetta or Nakatomi Plaza.

The best movie licensed games are the ones that are made by fans of the films and actually want to make a good game based on the films. Unfortunately the majority of these types of games have been rushed out to coincide with the release of a film and are therefore sh*t.

Last generation had quite a few good ones, Scarface TWIY being the best imo.
This generation one has been a bit scarce though. The only decent movie/tv based games I can think of that game out recently are Ghostbusters: The Game, The Simpsons Game and AvP(2010).

Looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Verdant
  • Verdant

On Doomsday!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, I hope Stallone voices Rambo for the game. I mean, if you take a look at Scarface: The World is Yours the guy who voiced Tony Montana did a pretty good job.

Hopefully, the dialogue and the voice for Rambo is very good. Fingers crossed..

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 12:46)

Nakatomi Plaza.

That's the crappy one I was thinking of. Thanks.
I don't recall the other ones being on PC and I'm relatively new to the console world.

Sure...everyone wants to be John Rambo, but my money is still on this game sucking balls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users